Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Consequences ❯ Nooooo!!!!! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1

Disclaimer- I don't own Kenshin or anyone else in this fanfic. So you no sue me!!!!!

This takes place right after Kenshin Defeats Shishio and is returning to the Ouwia (someone please tell me how to spell this correctly!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenshin leaned heavily on Sano as the three figures made their way down the path of the unusually empty road.

When they neared their destination, a building that was now half in ruins, Kaoru, Yahiko, Misao, and all the other ninjas ran to greet them.

Kaoru ran straight up to Kenshin and threw her arms around him, Misao did the same with Aoshi.

Suddenly, Kaoru yelled, "Nooooo!" and shoved Kenshin to the ground, surprising everyone.

~Kaoru's P.O.V.~

I opened my eyes and saw something gleaming in the distance. Suddenly I realized what it was, I shoved Kenshin out of the way.

Then it happened.

~Kenshin's P.O.V.~

Kaoru-dono threw her arms around me, I was very glad that she was safe, that she is. Suddenly she stiffened and shoved me away yelling, "Noooo!"

~Back to normal~

A split second after Kaoru shoved Kenshin to the ground, ten throwing knives, each the length of an open hand, plunged into her body.

The sheer force of the blow slid her back about three feet even though she tried her best to hold her ground.

Kenshin struggled to get to his feet despite his wounds, he didn't care about them, "Kaoru!"

Kaoru fell to her knees, blood was pouring from her mouth as everyone ran towards her. Sano was in shock, he couldn't move and Kenshin was too weak to move.

As Kenshin watched, everything else seemed to move in slow motion.

~Kaoru's P.O.V.~

Pain filled my body as darkness began to take over, I took one last look at Kenshin and attempted a smile. I know it didn't work. I felt myself begin to fall. I…will…not…give…in. I will…live!

~Kenshin's P.O.V.~

I can't stand so I can only watch in horror as Kaoru's eyes begin to glaze over. She attempted at a smile, and failed, but I knew she wouldn't die that easily. Even so I felt grief and rage taking over for my carelessness in protecting her. I can feel the amber growing in my eyes, I almost welcome it. Whoever did this is going to pay dearly for hurting her.

A/N- Nice cliffhanger huh?! I'm going to start on the second chapter soon, but I need to work on my other stories so I don't know how long it could take. I also realize that in my stories the heroines seem to get injured the most, I don't really like for them to get hurt, it's just the way I think. I just don't want the guys to get all the attention in fanfics. If you have any suggestions for my stories or if you just feel like it, please review!