Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Consequences ❯ Waking Up ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2'm too lazy to title it.)

Disclaimer: I don't own Rurouni Kenshin or the characters in the series. (if I did, there would be A LOT more dead people lying around!)

.
slowly opened her eyes, wondering for a moment where she was before she remembered when she was last conscious.
groaned as she soon found out that she couldn't move any part of her body, not even a finger.

'What if I'm paralyzed!?' she thought, panicking for a moment before she could calm herself down enough to think it through. 'That can't be right, I made sure that none of those throwing knives hit any of my vital points, even though some got too close for comfort. But that doesn't explain me not being able to move, I can't even feel my own body.'
the door to the room slid open and Kenshin walked in. 'He looks so worried.' Koaru thought as she studied his face.

When Kenshin looked up, he noticed that her eyes were open and she was intently watching his face.

"Koaru!" he didn't even remember to add the usual, 'dono' Kenshin ran to her futon and kneeled beside it.
are you feeling?" Kenshin asked worriedly. Koaru notice that he was almost completly healed. "How long have I been asleep?" she asked him in a raspy voice. He looked even more wooried now, "Don't try to talk, you were badly hurt that you were. You've been asleep for a month and a half."
eyes widened but it hurt to speak so she chose her words carefully, "Why can't I move?" gave you some medicine so that you wouldn't roll in your sleep and reopen your wounds." he replied