Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Face Of The Past! ❯ Encounter ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1: Encounter ( A little Summary of Kagura’s Past ) Baumatsu era My Brother is dead?   Kagura Kiyosato had just felt her brother’s ki lift from her.
Her Brother, Akira Kiyosato who had left for Kyoto, to join the Mimawarigumi.
Kagura knew instantly that her brother had died. After all, they were twins. They had the same apparence, but very different personalities.  
I will avenge your death brother! Your life should have not gone to waste.
May you be happy in the next life.
Thought Kagura. Who was at her brother’s wake, standing next to her brother’s fiancé Tomoe Yukishiro.
Years later, Year later I ran  away from my family, because it brought me too many painful memories; and  since then I became a Shinto priestess in Tokyo in which the shrine holds a jewel called the Shikon no Tama which power is said to be able to grant ones any wish,  My job is to purify it and make sure no one else touches it, only those of purity and holy are allowed. I am also working for a lord, Higa. His group of samurai are called the Kegai no Tami.  Higa -Sama is the leader of the group followed by his right hand man, Kaenguma.  I have become a master at Higa’s sword techniques called the “Ryotojutsu Tenshinshō-den.” My Sword is not like any other sword, it is said to be that of a demon’s fang. It has great ki coming from it and those who dare cross my path, have been defeated by my sword. I now travel to a nearby town in Tokyo, for Matsuri festival. The  HitokiriBattousai   is living there in a dojo.
This is my chance to finally take revenge for my brother’s death. Meanwhile at the Kamiya dojo…. “Come on everyone or we’ll be late!” Called Kaoru
“I’m Coming.” Called Yahiko with his hands behind his head.
“Are Ayame and Suszume coming as well?” asked Kenshin
“ I Think Sanouske is getting them.”  Replied Yahiko
“You really think that’s a good idea?” asked Kaoru
“Why not? He’s good with them.” Said Kenshin
“Yes, that he is despite his roughness.” Said Kenshin
Just then Suszume and Ayame came out with Sanouske.
“Man these two are a handful.” Said Sanouske looking worn out.
“Wow, they’ve got everything!” said Yahiko looking around like a little kid.
“Man look at all the food!” said Sanouske.
Stalls filled with all kinds of food, games, and even Kabuki.
Then Loud banging of drums echoed throughout the square.
“Must be time for the parade.” Said Karou holding Ayame’s hand
“Great let’s go watch.” Said Kenshin with Suszume who was holding her favorite ball.
Everyone lined up on the street watching the mikoshi lead by the priests,and then came one with the goddess Amaterasu, the sun goddess. Behind it was a priestess.
Kenshin glanced at the young miko only to realize she resembled someone he once knew way back when he was a Hitokiri Battousai  
No, it can’t be, he’s dead. I know he’s dead because I killed him.
Is she related to him somehow?
 Wondered kenshin who’s face was white as a ghost.
“Hey Kenshin are you okay? You look like you just saw a ghost.” Said Sanouske.
 Everyone around them was silenced and bowed their heads as the priestess passed.
“Why is everyone acting so weird?” asked Yahiko
An elderly man spoke up.
“You don’t know the story?” He asked
“What story?” asked Kenshin
“This priestess is guards a powerful Sacred Jewel called the Shikon no Tama.”
“Yeah I’ve heard of it.” Said Sanouske
“You have?” asked Kaoru
“Apparently, Whoever has their hands on the jewel can be granted any wish, the jewel can even bring back the dead, make a sword powerful, and even a person.” Explained Sanouske
“Bring Back the dead?!” said Kenshin
“That’s only half of the story.”Said the elder
“A long time ago the Shikon no Tama was created in the Heian era when numerous demons sought to kill Midoriko, a powerful miko. the demons merged inside the body of a man who lusted after Midoriko. In their battle, the demons and Midoriko fought non-stop for seven days and nights. Eventually Midoriko was mortally wounded, but rather than die in battle, she used her abilities to merge the demons souls with her own and expel them from her body. The expelled souls were placed inside the Shikon Jewel, where their battle continued for eternity. At this point it is useful to explain what happened when Midoriko and the demon's souls merged and the Shikon no Tama was created.”
“So why is it called Four Souls?” asked Yahiko
“"In ancient times the high gods divided their spirit among all things on Earth and thus created kokoro. The source of kokoro is Ichirei (the One Spirit). Ichirei is comprised of four souls: Aramitama, Nigimitama, Kushimitama, and Sakamitama. When these move with righteous intent, they are called Naohi and they are in accordance with the natural order. When they are corrupted by demons they are called Magatsuhi. These stand against the natural order. Aramitama administers courage, betterment and positivity. If turned to Magatsuhi, it becomes reckless and confrontational. Nigimitama administers affection, gentleness, and compassion. If turned to Magatsuhi, it becomes maleficent. Kushimitama administers wisdom, skillfullness, and intuition. If turned to Magatsuhi it is power for devising demonic trickery. Sakimitama administers love. If turned to Magatsuhi it becomes possessiveness and obsession.” Explained the elder.
“I get it, the whole jewel its self is Aramitama, Nigimitama, Kushimitama, and Sakamitama.” Said Sanouske.
Just then the Priestess headed towards their way down the street.
Kaoru then looks around worriedly
“Where are Ayame and Suszume?” asked Kaoru
“Damn they must have gotten away while we were talking.” Said Sanouske
“Its your fault you big rooster head! You were supposed to be watching them!” said Yahiko
“Hey, less time arguing more time looking” said Kaoru   
Meanwhile in the matsuri parade… A ball had rolled in front of me.
hmm what’s this? I wondered while picking it up suddenly I heard two children.
“Ayame, where did you throw it?” whined Suszume?  Then she crawled out from the crowd and she looked up at me realizing I had her ball.
“Suszume, did you find it?” said Ayame also appearing from the crowed.
Meanwhile from the Kenshin Group….. “Have you found them yet?” asked Kaoru
Then Kenshin looked towards The priestess, holding a ball and looking down at Suszume and Ayame.
Two men appeared behind the Priestess who also had a sword at her hip as well as the two men who were ready to draw their swords.
“Kenshin, Over there!” yelled Sanouske already half way over there.
Kenshin rushed towards the young priestess stopping suddenly.

The young priestess halted the two men from drawing their swords any farther.
“Don’t worry there is no need for that here.” Said Kagura
“Is this your ball?”  asked Kagura
“Uhhuh….” Nodded Suszume and Ayame
“Here You go.” Said Kagura handing them the ball
“You should be more careful next time. Okay?” said Kagura smiling and rubbing the girls head gently. While smiling.
Just then Hitokiri Battousai came from the two young girls.

“Thank you.” Said Kaoru.
“Yes, Thank you.” Said Kenshin staring at me in bewilderment.
“No problem, I love kids.” Replied Kagura
“Well I must be getting back now.” I said while walking off.  With the two men
that girl she seems so damn familiar. It’s her face I know I have seen it somewhere. Thought Kenshin.
“Come on its getting late.” Said Kaoru  Meanwhile Sanouske is curious about the young girl and decides to follow her.