Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Forgive Me ❯ And then we met again…. ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Author: areen1
Title: Forgive MeDisclaimer: I do not own any of these characters. They all had been taken from Roruni Kenshin story. So DON’T SUE me ~_~!!!

A/N: Ok, I have announcement to make. Since I DID NOT get the chapter Shojin-Dono have edited (Maybe something wrong with my mail. I even cannot send any e-mail out. Gominasait Shojin-Dono -_-!!!) so I am going to post the ORIGINAL version because my lovely review asked me too (That means YOU). Which means that it will have MAJOR English usage as you all know English was not my main language and so don’t point out my mistake because I know I have plenty of it. But anyway, I hope you will enjoy this story nerveless. Ok, stop with the babbling, here N-joy the story and sorry for the very very late updated. As a special thanks to all of ya support, I have made another chapter but will not post until a month or so.

Chap 2: And then we met again….


Age:-
Kaoru-28 years
Kenshin-28 years



It’s has been 5 years since the last day she saw him. 5 long years. Many things have happened in those long lonely years.

And it took that long to realize her mistake. Mistake that she wish that she could turn everything back. To take back those words those action, yet she can never turn back times no matter what she do.

She never heard any of his news in those years.

When she read Kenshin explanation, she has thought that she can never be love again….

To find that her assumption wrong.

Without her notice, those few months with ‘him’ have make her falling in love with him all over again. Even she at that time though he was Kenshin.

But deep inside she knew they were not the same person. No. Those strange loving words he utter and his bold advance were the first sign that her heart acknowledges that this was not the same person but not her mind. Her mind was blind to see the differences. Never she realizes that the differences between ‘him’ and Kenshin is the first hint that show ‘him’ was not Kenshin in fact she just brush it off.

She though he probably wanted to make everything up with her since they haven’t met those 5 years, just exchanges letter and phone calls and he misses her like she misses him.

Then everything has to happen. Things got out a hand. The secret that Kenshin is getting marriage in a short time broke. And hells break loss that day. She was frustrated, anger, heartbroken and in invisible pain into thinking that she have been dump. On the other hand, she can’t except that ‘he’ had used her either. It most upset and embarrassing situation of all. With all the pain, she can’t help but let all her anger loss….

…To him.

And he had except her punishment for his action.

And just like that he had walk away that day at her demand.

Taking her heart with him too.

Without even SHE realize it.

It takes week to understand the lonely feeling that suddenly arises from within just to realize that she has lose everything important to her.

She has lost him.

To forget the pain she have, she work hard, pushing her body over the limits just to ignore the feels of a broken heart.

After all, didn’t they say life goes on?


“Kaoru-san”

Her mussed been cut off when someone screaming her name, turning her head 900 she saw a girl wearing a yellow shirt with dark brown skirt. Her hair comb nicely in a high twin pony tail that swing to left and right when she approach her with a high speed. Her hand holding a white hardcover diary while in her right earlobe stuck with a black pen. Turning completely to her, she let a small smiles escape her blood red lips, “Kiara-chan. No need to rush, you will trip over and I’m not going to catch you this time”

The girl stop and pouts while trying to catch her breath, “Mou!” Clenching the diary in her chest tightly her face seems desperate as she report to her their situation, “Kaoru-sensei, We have serious situation in the backroom”

Alarm hit her and she frown, “What kind of situation?” Her voice turn serious.

The girl straighter her shirt from the invisible wrinkles as out of habit of nervousness, “Is one of the girl’s…”

She did not let her finish as she walk pass her and headed towards the back room where she knew the room for her models. Her red blood high heels echo the almost dark hallway and the wind blew her red hem skirt blew the opposite way once in a while. She curses lightly on how the day couldn’t be any worse. “Kiara, is the trunk already there with the dress?”

“Hai, Kaoru-sensei” She only call her that when she in a serious mode or in front of media. Other time Kaoru insisted to call her by her name. “The make-up and dresser also there but they have been some ‘accident’ in the room”

Taking a deep breath, she calm the nervousness that rising inside. It was her big day after all. Upon years of her hard work, this is a day to show her talent made of. The show will start in hour when accidents just have to happen. To one of her model no less. Luck was sure not in her side today. Was she have been curse of life bad luck since the day she was born?

She frowns.

She hopes not, that would be suck.

As the door of the back stage appear in her view, she slam open the door without knocking it, worry of what might happened to one of her model, “What happen-” Her voice trail of when she saw the arrangement in the backroom. Her eyes widen in disbelieve. Her voice stuck in her trout and the feeling of warmness separate in her heart.

“Happy birthday Kaoru-sensei”

All of them shout at once.

There, in the room, a banner of ‘Happy Birthday Kaoru’ was hung from one wall to another. There were balloons all color in the corner of the room. At the center of the room was a huge vanilla icing cake with her name and age imprint to it while everybody surrounding it. Wearing the dress for the show.

She turn to Kiara who grin lazily at her with an innocent eyes, “Happy birthday Kaoru-san”

“Kiara, you know now not is time. With the show starting, I have expected more than this.” She smiles despite her threatening voice.

Kiara laugh, “Come on Kaoru-san. Is your birthday after all and they insisted to celebrate before the show. As a good luck charm or somesort”

Kaoru look at the room and stare at her model, she shook her head in disbelieve, “You all know there is a high calories in the cake right? I can’t alter your dress the last minutes” She sighs dramatically.

One of the model gaps, she had a long brown hair that been tied in a small braid from top of her head and spin to a knot at the bottom of it, her green contacts lance eyes widen with mirth, “Oh no… I don’t want to get fat. I want to pose and show my gorgeous body with Kaoru Kamiya famous dress today” She point to the green dark forest dress she is wearing.

“Oh Shira. You can’t believe Kaoru-sensei do you? Is just a bite” Another model with a blonde hair laugh at Shira enthusiasm.

Shira just grin, “Yeah, but seeing Kaoru-sensei making a joke. Is the pig flying today?” She looked at the room searching for the saying pig, earning the laughter from others.”Hey I can be fun if I wanted too” Kaoru pouts. Steping closer to the cake.

Kiara laugh, “Now, now Kaoru-don’t get upset. Even you are a year older”

“Blow the cake already” One of the make-up men shouts. He is wearing pink and blue cross shirt, and a long black gray lining pants. His short black hair braid neatly with a make-up brush securely tucked in his right ears. He grin when others turn to him and lick his red gloss lips, “What? I am hungry and beside the show will start in 45 minutes. Oh, and when you eat make sure you don’t ruin your make-up. K?”

Kaoru sigh, she smiles when she blew the cake and cut a peace of it. Earning a lot of huge and kiss at her cheek and a lot of wishes and good luck.

Sitting on top of the makeup chair at one of the corner of the room, she smiles while she eats the cake. Listening to the model gossip when a man wearing a black shirt come and announce the show just about to begin.

“All right girl’s. Good luck”

~~~~~FoRgIve Me~~~~~~~~~~ FoRgIve Me~~~~~FoRgIve Me~~~~~~~~~~

She watches anxiously from behind the big dark blue curtain as the models move gracefully in the stage. Posing a death post for the camera. She eyes from behind the curtain the criticizer expression that sits at the front row from the stage. Their expression of awed and astonished is what she was looking for. What she hope for years of struggle in fashion world.

Is not easy to create the masterpiece she creates today. It takes a lot of research; energy and times to come out with something as divine as the dress her model wear today. She have her ups and down but that never make her stops her from her goal. She have to thanks her father for his supportive support and her friends that always by her side. Even at her worse state.

One by one the model come and gone behind the dark blue curtain. A heavy sigh of relief flew from her when she watch the last of masterpiece of her dress been show. It was a beautiful craft of blue and purple together night dress, gold strips adoring the dress from wrist to the bottom. Small pink and red Sakura flower with a touch of brown and green vine with deep green leaves color decorate at the top and bottom of the slaves.

The loud clap from the audience snap her from her musing, and she smiles proudly when the last model disappear behind the curtain. Taking a glance at her back, she saw all her model smiles tiredly at her as they approach her. She nodded to them once. Taking a deep breath she emerge from the curtain, walking gracefully at the stage. Her model walks with her side by side, along with the glory of her design. She bow with respect and pose with the model while the flash of camera blind her eyes.

It was a success.

She steps down from the stage, just to be swarm by a bunch of question about her new design and the successfulness of this night. 5 bouquets of flowers have been pass to her, and she holds it with eagerness despite the size of it. Patiently answer the entire question and thanks the press and people who there tonight. A sincerely smiles in her lips when they keep congratulated her on the wonderful event.

One of men helps her to hold her flower and before he leave, he whisper something to her. She nodded and excuses herself from the crowd to the backstage.

Her eyes widen when she saw a beautiful white lilies decorated with small blue flower greats her. Walking cautiously, she trace the beautiful bouquet, red hart shape card hanging on top of the flower stand with her name in gold color writing on the card.

A vogue of silver flash memory crosses her mind and she close her eyes remembering that day.

The day when HE asked what type of flower she loves the most.
~~~~~FoRgIve Me~~~~~~~~~~ FoRgIve Me~~~~~FoRgIve Me~~~~~~~~~~



“Mou Kenshin no Baka. And here I thought you knew me well” She pout cutely. Poking his chest lightly, showing her anger.

The men just smiles despite her outburst. Something across his amber eyes before its gone completely, “I just want to know more about yourself while I still have the chance”

Kaoru blink when he took her hand and caress it tenderly. Her futures soften, “Was it because you have to go back to America this month?”

He sighs, a heavy desperate sigh. He looks longingly into her eyes, “No. I just think that I might have not have another chance”

She frown, did not quiet understand. But something tugs deep within her heart hearing his statement, “Well, you always have a chance. As long as you with me”

He did not answer her. He just smiles sadly and kiss her forehead instate.

She sighs in contentment and leans against his muscular chest.

His arms warp in her waist and drags her closer to his warmth.

Closing her eyes in for a while, she smiles when he did not loosen his grip, “The type of flower that I want is this huge big lily. I think they called it Casablanca”

“A Casablanca?” He question. His own eyebrow knit together, “Why?”

“Don’t know” She shrug, “Probably because the flower has a beautiful white color. And it’s big” She empathize while imaging she was holding the flower in her arms.

“So ka” He glance at her, “You don’t like roses like other girls do?” He asked curiously.

“Rose are nice. But I like them batter” Then she smiles, “I bet they look beautiful with that flower too”

“Which flower?”

Kaoru point to the television they have been watching earlier, there were a blue small flower in a pot. The pot already broken in half. The men of the character have accidentally broken her girlfriends pot and was trying to hide it. Kaoru chuckle to see the men running trough the open window for dear life when the main door opens, “The forget-me-not flower. I bet they will look beautiful together. Don’t you think so?” She turns to see her beloved. Surprise to see his face has a loss look in it.

He glances to her when he feels her eyes on him. “Aaa” He smiles reassuringly when he saw her worry eyes, “I think that would be beautiful”

She looks at him while placing a hand in his cheek. Stroking it gently, “Kenshin, are you alright?”

He took her hand and flips it, kissing the back of her palm. Earning a nice shade of blush from her, “I’m fine. You worry to much”

Kaoru shutter, “M-Mou, I can’t help but worry ok? You look so down”

He smiles, still holding her hand and slowly he brought it to his heart. He know she can feel its fast beating rhythm underneath the blue wool soft shirt, and he wanted her to know it beat fast because, “Thank you Kaoru. You mean a world to me” he means every word he says to her.

A light blush paint in her check at his action and she can’t help but wonder about his affection to her lately, “Kenshin. Is everything really all right? You know you can tell me anything.”

Kenshin smiles, “Yes. I know”

She sighs defeated. Knowing that he will never tell her. Especially his pain. And it pains her when she can’t help him and he wouldn’t let her.

“Kaoru?”

“Hmm” She looks into his eyes, love shine in the depth of his amethyst eyes

“Would you like the flower next week?” He asked suddenly

She frowns, “Why? Is nothing specially about next week”

He did not answer at first. “I know. I just want to give you something”

An idea struck her and she shakes her head, “No. I don’t want to”

“Why?” His eyes questioning.She shrugs, “If you really wanna give me those flower. You must give me the importance day of my life. That way I can always remember and mark it as my special day. I want to remember everything special about we together”

A small sad smiles hint his lips, “But I’m afraid I did not make it until that day” He whisper

Kaoru frown, the words barely heard if not because she was so close to him. It somehow pain her hear hearing he say something like that, “Kenshin?”

Shaking his head, he huge her one more time before relies her, “Let’s watch the TV”

Knowing he did not want to talk about it further she drop the subject and continue to watch the TV. But her mind keeps wondering at his mysterious statement.


~~~~~FoRgIve Me~~~~~~~~~~ FoRgIve Me~~~~~FoRgIve Me~~~~~~~~~~

Clear blue eyes snap open to stare at the flower once again. The memory has been burry depth into her that she almost forgets.

‘Oh god. His here’ Her mind scream with panic. Her feet already move like they have mind of their own. She emerges back to the crowd. Half heartedly answering more question as her eyes franticly search for his present in the sea of people.

Something red caught her eyes near one of the brown exit door. Her breath caught on her trout as she saw him there, leaning lazily against the exit door. He was warning a black tux like most people in the party are.

He turn from observing the crowd when he sense a pair of eye boarding into him and tense when he saw that Kaoru in the middle of the crowd.

She feels her heart beating loudly in her eardrum as it drowning the crowd. Her eyes are only for him. Hoping that he was not some imaginary image that her desperate mind made.

Small sad smiles curve in his lips before he bows politely to her. Acknowledge her, he mouth the words ‘Congratulation’ to her. Shifting uncomfortably when he saw her walking to his direction.

Something warm rising in her heart at seeing him again.

So near yet so far

That what she feels right now. She try to talk, called his name but found her lack of voice at that time. One of the reporters caught her arms forcing her attention to shift from him. Smiling apologetically she quickly glance towards his direction again.

To find that he was not there….

Her heart clench with unknown pain. She brought her hand towards her pounding heart. ‘What was this pain? Like my heart been ripe apart and been stab endlessly?’ Kaoru stare at the spot he was minutes ago. He still not there. And franticly search for him again in the sea of people. Something burns at the back of her eyes when she found that he was not there anymore. In fact she did not see him anywhere in the crowd. Her heart clutch painfully and she brought her hand to her heart, hoping to ease the pain. She found that she have a hard time to breath. Her world dizzy and she have the urge to vomit right there and then.

Sensing something is wrong, Kiara go to her side on instate. Supporting her when Kiara sense that Kaoru have a hard time to breath and she was about to faint. She calls panicly for one of the stage men to help. The men with a black suit whit short pony hairstyle that appeared earlier help Kiara to move Kaoru to the back stage.

“Kaoru, Kaoru are you ok?” Asked Kiara panicly. She pats Kaoru back to help her breath.

Kaoru try to catch her breath again. She glance at Kiara and can see her sympathy when Kaoru look at her worry face. Sensing that she can breath normal again, she smiles an assurance smiles, “Is ok. I guess the excitement really got into me” She lied.

Kiara sigh, “You really scare the hell out of me Kaoru-san. You was about to faint back than”

‘It was worse than that’ She though. Her head thorbing, “Don’t worry. I’m all right now. Tell others that I am not feeling well. Asked Natsumi to help you pack the dress. And tell Hoji that I’m back ok?”

Kiara nodded, “You need your rest. Don’t worry; leave everything’s to me. The next thing I need is a fainted designer. Now shoo-I will handle everything’s here”

“Thanks Kiara. I own you”

Kiara smiles, “Now shoo”

~~~~~FoRgIve Me~~~~~~~~~~ FoRgIve Me~~~~~FoRgIve Me~~~~~~~~~~

The blue porch door been left ajar, she did not have the energy to even move her mussel much less to close the car door, leaning her head tiredly ontop of the black steering wheels, both hand grab the side of the wheel for support of some sort. Her raven hair makes a curtain around her face and thus shield her from the world as she let her emotion that she piles up loss. Tears running down freely from her close blue eyes. Her breath hiccup and her vision blur when she open her eyes back. The feeling of knife stabbing deep into her heart is so real that she have trouble to stabilizing her breathing.

‘Why?’ was all she could thing about. Lifting her head to stare at the parking lot, she was glad that people still at the party and did not left yet. Leaving the car park empty from any soul except for all the mobile that made the car park full. Her hand furiously tries to wipe her tears away, hoping that somehow it will stop and so does the aching pain. But as stubborn as she is so was her emotion, she can’t stop the pain in her heart. More tears roll down her check, wetting her red collar that hanging around her neck. “Why won’t it stop?” She asked no one, angrily she rub her wet eyes, putting more pressure trying to stop the tears, “Dam it (hiccup) why won’t it stops?”

Something soft akin to a father pressing softly against her checks alerts her to other existent beside her. She turns ready to yell or punch or maybe kick whomever ass that dare to touch her…

When times stops for her.

Blue torture sapphire met concern ambers eyes. His right hand was holding a piece of tissue as he daps gently at her cheek, trying to stop the flow of tears.

Every logic flew from her mind as she lunches herself forward and warps her arms around his neck to brought her close to him.

“Offt” The abruptly movement caught him off guard and almost trough him backward and fall with her if not for his reflex action. Instate he steady his ground and help the girl to her feet. His arms encircle her waist and he fidget a little at the close contact.Before he can say a thing Kaoru cry loudly in his neck,

She tightens her hold, almost chocking the men, “Is you! I tough that I have loss you” She sobbing painfully. Holding him for a dear life. Afraid that this was just a dream.

The men patted her back to help her breath even. He says nothing, letting her have her way letting her emotion go. Minutes pass before he makes a move to loosen her grip from his neck. That or he will die due to lack of oxygen. Staring at her still flow tears, he frown before gently wipe her tears away with the back of his thumb. “Why are you crying Kaoru?”

She sniffs, feeling another emotion hit her. “Baka, don’t you ever leave me like that. Don’t you know how scare I was when I saw you gone? I thought- I thought that you are just another image from my mind. And I’m scare… that you. That you really gone, leaving me again. Where were you all this years? ” She broke into another heart wreaking cries.

The men sigh before hugs her tighter and hushes her from crying. Giving comforted words while making a circular motion on her back to ease her. “I leave because I though you hated me. That you still can’t forgive me”

Kaoru cry turn slowly into a sob, she pulls away from but her hand still encircling around his neck. She wanted to see those amber eyes that she has miss so much. Bringing her right hand to cup his face, her fingers gently stroking his cheek, “I can never blame you. Not after what has happened. I’m sorry for scolding you. You were right; I should have given you the chance. I shouldn’t have been blind. Will you forgive me?”

He pulls away from her embrace; already he misses the warmth contact but he turns his back to her slowly and he walks away. Head hung low, making his red hair shield his face.

Kaoru quickly reach out to him, afraid that he will leave her again.

But when he senses she was getting closer, he moves further away from her.

And that make her stop, hand in mid air before she brought it back to her chest, where her heart lay inside. And it was pondering her rib cage painfully. Her heart shrink at his respond, she fallow him until he stops under a green oak tree not far from her parking place

He never faces her and keeps staring at the green tree before him. Both of his hand clutch in a tight fits beside him, “I am the one that unworthy of your love. It is I who should have asking for your forgiveness. I am ashamed, for taking advantage at your situation back then. You have every right to blame me. I am no batter than Kenshin, using you for my own advantage and I am shame and fell unworthy to ask anything from you even your forgiveness” He almost screams with anger as the image what has transparence between them floated in his mind eyes and the what he have brought upon him self and her. The shame crawling in his skin. Tingling his sense, “Things can never be the same again.” He whispers the last part slowly. The words drift with the wind.

Even his back turns to her; she can feel his sadness. The guild in his face bored into her mind and it make her heart shrink more. This is not the way to end what they have and share. Even it is an accident. And she knows she never want to end whatever they have before this separation. Not now not ever. The distance that separated her from him just a foot away, yet why her heart feels like he is going to disappeared anytime soon? Placing a hand at his right shoulder, she sense him tense with the contact but did not shrug her hand off, “Battosai. Can we start all over again?” She called, pleaded for him to acknowledge her.

He turns to her and almost gaps at seeing her face,

There were many emotions cross to it. Too many emotions of regretted, logging, sadness and pain in her sapphire eyes. But what captive him the most was the love that shine brightly in her blue see eyes. And it making his heart twists with pain.

She remove her hand form his shoulder and extend to him, “Hi, my name is Kaoru, Kamiya Kaoru. Can I be your friends?”

He watches her extend hand and stare back to her. Something warm separated in his chest seeing her hopeful pleading eyes. He was about to reach for the hand when a high shirks voice stop him,

“Battosai Honey~” And a head poke out from between the see of cars, “AHA, There you are. I have been looking all over from you-”

Kaoru and Battosai look simultaneously the source of the interruption.

A women wearing a soft cream pregnant dress stop dead in her spot. A look of shock crosses her pale yellow skin. Her brown eyes widen at the scene before her and she nervously comb her hand trough her black low pig style hair, “Ur, did I interrupt something?”

And she feels her world shattered just like that.

Battosai move to the girl side, “What are you doing here? I though I told you to wait at me at the car?”

The women pout at him, “You were late and I am generous enough to go and look for you” She then look behind Battosai and frown, “By the way is that Kamiya Kaoru? The designer for today show?” A hint of awed and disbelieve crosses her voice while she put a hand in her hanging mouth.

Battosai eye widen when he heard a sound of engine started and car door been slam forcefully. He turns back to the place he left Kaoru fast just to see….

The dusk of road and wind blew gently at the now empty car park. A black still warm tire mark was the only proof that the blue porch was there before.

His heart lurch when he sees the back of the car leaving the place. ‘No, not again’


~~~~~FoRgIve Me~~~~~~~~~~ FoRgIve Me~~~~~FoRgIve Me~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Jeng Jeng Jeng. Ok, I am an evil cliff hang Queen. Muahahahaha. Who could this women be? Find out in our next and final episode. Oh, a digital cookie will be handed out to whomever guess correct about the mysterious women. Muahahaha.

Always R&R.

OMG, look, I got 10 review. I wanna cry. Huah~ Tq so much. I love you all.

Review Respond:-

OnlyXainz -Heheheh, sorry, I guess me & Shojin-dono was too excited in first fic. Nerveless TQ for your kind review
gaby (hyatt - TQ, though this is my first attemp. Hope u N-joy the second fic.
Shojin Takaru - Hehehe, just between you and me. I think we made a great team. Don't you think so? and yeah, because my English suck. Heheheh .
scythe195 - And I have updated, specially 4 u hehehe
half-breed-demon-fox - But of course BK all the way. He is SO cool
Miko Kagome Archer -Heheheh TQ. Here the updated chp. for you too (Beam)
Readit's - Hehehhe, an updated for you too.
Silent Tears of Agony - So, urm (fidget nervously) how you like the story now?
The evil witch – Do you think so? Well, now I leave it cliff hang, what da ya think the end will be? hehehehe
Skye Dragon - Thanks for da sugestion. I keep it in my mind. Anyway, hope you read this. Specially for all your kind review.
Last post on: 25 February 2005






Converting /tmp/phpIuzZmX to /dev/stdout