Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Help Me Feel No Pain ❯ love you for never ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: Sessha doesn't own Rk...yada...yada...Sessha loves you, Watsuki-sama! For your information, this is Sessha's first story, don't judge Sessha too harshly, ne?

Help Me Feel No Pain
Chapter One: What Is Kept Away
[ ]=dreams



[Blood pooled around his victims. Had it always been so easy? It was a futile resistance the body put up against the blade of his sword. Kenshin saw everything, heard everything, and felt everything, just like before. Only this time, he was screaming. Screaming for somebody to make it stop...]


Kenshin awoke, gasping for air.


A nightmare, he thought. Would they ever fade? They were the reason he was always awake before everyone else, these nightmares. They showed no mercy, and played on his greatest fear:


Danger befalling Kaoru.


I can't let anything happen to her, Kenshin thought, I think I'd die if I felt that kind of pain again. He was thinking, of course, of Tomoe as thought this. She had shown him that there was a life beyond the sword. If she hadn't, he feared he might have long since died before now in the flames of the Bakumatsu. For that, he would always be grateful. That, and for giving him a reason to live.


It had always been somewhat empty, though, he thought as he got ready for the day ahead. He had only started to strive to live because she had been alive and with him. She had given her life to make sure he would go on. He had almost faltered so many times on his path as a rurouni, and had thought he would never find a purpose again in this life.


That is, until a certain raven-haired kendo instructer scared him out of his wits while parading a bokken in his face. How would he have known he'd come to love her so much? That not out of guilt, or responsibility, he would rescue her, but out of pure love?


Course, the girl couldn't have denser, he mused. Sano, Yahiko, Tae, and the rest had had their time filled with lectures on how deep his love for her was. No, it in all honesty it had been him that had needed those pep talks. He had feared that her worry and concern for him had come out of feelings of friendship, or that maybe she had thought of him as a brother or a father figure, which would have been very wrong with all the thoughts he has ever had of his Kaoru-dono.


Though, now, he worried, it would have been better if that had been the case. His enemies knew her worth to him. She was endangered too much by his mere presence already, not to mention that she was the most important person in his life. Still, there was another reason.


He had committed many sins in his life. He battled demons the likes of which few have encountered. Spending her life with him would mean much more than simply yelling at him to remind him that it was his turn to get the tofu that day.


She doesn't deserve it, he thought miserably, as he stepped outside to begin his therapy:


Doing the laundry.


He knew, as he gathered the clothes near the washing bucket, it would be unfair. It had never stopped him from wanting it, though. It was his punishment. He should go through it alone. She...she would simply have to find someone else to be with, that's all. Even if Kenshin would think that whoever it would be was a total jerk, needed to learn how to do laundry, and to stop touching Kaoru like he owned her.


Well, maybe she could stay single a little while longer. Just for his benefit.











Sessha needs reviews to keep writing. They sustain her. Catch the drift?