Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ I Hate The Snow ❯ I Hate The Snow ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This is set when everyone else is sleeping that night that Kenshin told everyone about his past and about Tomoe. The poem is essentially about Kaoru's thoughts about Kenshin and Tomoe.

I Hate The Snow

By : Hime

himes_fanfiction-subscribe@yahoogroups or hime@alloymail.com for flames, likes, criticism…

~*~*~*~

I hate the snow

because you hate it.

Snow that falls from the heaven, creating a curtain of white,

Hiding the player's last bows.

Bringing an end to the tragic love story

Performed for the amusement of the gods.

I hate the snow

because the one you loved died there,

Bleeding red on white.

The pristine canvas stained

Crimson with death.

Ruby with her folly; scarlet with your grief.

I hate the snow

because that's all you'll let me do for you.

You can't forget that chapter written

With blood and by the strokes of your sword.

The author has signed her name on your cheek.

Knowing all of this,

There is nothing else

That I can do for you except…

To hate the snow.

~*~*~*~

Author's Notes:

This actually started as a poem about Kaoru's thoughts on snow and her father until I came up with the line "I hate the snow/because you hate it". The line wouldn't work with Kaoru thinking about her dad, but it would work with Kaoru thinking about Kenshin. This piece surprised me because of its way dark tone. I don't really write angsty stuff-I like being happy. But I think that it came out pretty well for a first time dramatic piece. Ah, well back to "Come What May" and "Children of the Night".

Hime