Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Kaoru ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kaoru sat at the restraunt table staring at the menu mindlessly, she sighed as the waiter brought her some water and asked her if she and the others were ready "I'll have the house special" Kaoru said "sounds good," Yahiko said, "me too" Sano made that three "right so three house specials" the waiter repeated before walking away. "Kaoru there's something you should know" Yahiko began once the waiter left "yes?" Kaoru looked up from her hands "Kenshin he's.." Kaoru turned her head and Yahiko and Sano both saw tears threatening to fall from her blue eyes. Sano kicked Yahiko under the table "I don't think nows a good time to metion that Baka" Sano yelled (how sweet Sano cares) Yahiko mentally kicked himself and Sano changed the topic.

"Remember Little Missy your paying for this" that hit Kaoru hard "what do you mean I'm paying for it?" she cried, "you have money for once!" "yeah but I don't wanna waste it on meals" Sano said calmly. Kaoru punched him hard "ah I feel better" she wiped her hands together before sitting back down, Sano laying there on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenshin walked along the streets heading the spot where he had first met Kaoru, he looked back and sighed. "It's been so long since I've gone wandering" Kenshin sighed as the sky darkened and it began to rain again. "Maybe if I..." Kenshin began thinking but immediately wiped the thought away "no," he cried, "she probably hates me." Slowly memories of the Kamiya dojo came to mind, he had memories of Sano and Yahiko, Ayame and Suzume, and memories of Miss Kaoru. "So many times we fought we were always together," he sighed.

Kenshin's P.O.V.

I looked around as memories of all my friends came to mind "You jerk! So your just going to leave me alone to pick up this place by myself?! Your not even going to offer me any help at all? I can't teach the Kamiya Kassin style all alone I told you before that I don't care at all about your past and I meant it" "yes but now that this incident is over I'm afraid it would only give you further problems if you had the real Battousai staying here" "I never said I want the Battousai to stay here, what I was trying to say was that I want you the wanderer." Miss Kaoru had stopped there, and turned around before going on "if you insist on going you could at least tell me your name before you go, I'm not talking about the legendary man slayer either. If you don't mind I'd like to know your real name." "Himura, it's Kenshin Himura" I told her "Kenshin," Miss Kaoru had repeated, "I guess you should be on your way Kenshin." I smiled and shut the door and Miss Kaoru sighed her back still turned to me "I have to admit I'm a bit tired of wandering," I told her and watched as Miss Kaoru turned around.

I began walking towards her as I continued speaking "although you'll never know when I'll have to hit the road again, I am a pretty lousy cook" I told her "yeah but your a lot better then I am" "and I might accidently see you taking a bath" "no problem at all, if you ever do that again ha!" she flung her fist at me making me fall down, "hey! I thought you'd be able to dodge my punch" "you've got a pretty hard right don't you."

That had been one of the first conversations we had ever had, so many memories all the way from Tomoe in the revolution to Kaoru and my friends at the dojo. To much was happening at once, I remembered waking up to find his blade flipped and so close to Miss Kaoru's neck that is she swallowed she would have gotten cut at the neck. Frowning I walked up to the dojo gate..I wouldn't knock on the door, what would I say "hey Miss Kaoru sorry for leaving you can I come back and live with you?" or "Miss Kaoru can I come back and live at the dojo again?" no I couldn't not after leaving her like I did. She probably wouldn't let me in, I hadn't turned around or even waved good-bye all he had done was hug her and leave.

Normal P.O.V

Kenshin opened the gates and leaned against the nearest tree when he heard voices, he jumped onto a branch and saw Dr. Genzai and his two granddaughters with him. Kenshin watched as Dr.Genzai call for Kaoru or someone else in hopes of leaving the two girls there so he could be alone for the day. However no one answered and Dr.Genzai saw a note taped to the door, he walked in closely followed by Ayame and Suzume who were happy to see their so called Uncle Ken however when Dr, Genzai turned around he simply told them that no one was homemaking the two girls frown "but I wanna play with Uncle Ken" Ayame whined "play with Uncle Ken" Suzume repeated sadly. "Later girls," Dr. Genzai didn't seem to have his usual cheery voice but they all left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~< br>
"You do realize how much you owe me now right Sano?" Kaoru asked with annoyance "yeah yeah I know" Sano said rolling the toothpick out of his mouth and placed his hands behind his neck "man that was good" Yahiko smiled as they passed through the gate unknowing that a certain samurai was watching them. "Yeah it was" Kaoru agreed "especially since we didn't have to eat Kaoru's food" Yahiko laughed making him get a punch across the cheek from an angry Kaoru. Then she entered the dojo followed by Sano and Yahiko, but before she closed the door she looked up to the cherry tree that Kenshin hid in and looked right at him. Luckily for Kenshin though she wasn't able to see him through the blooming flowers. She smiled at the tree and walked inside closing the door behind her.

Kenshin had been stiff the entire time Kaoru had been looking at him so once he relaxed he accidentally fell off the branch he was sitting on and fell onto the ground landing straight on his back. "Oro" was all he could say before quickly hearing foot-steps and the door slide open. Luckily for Kenshins speed he was able to jump out of the view of Yahiko who had heard that silent 'oro.' Yahiko looked around shrugged and walked back inside and Kenshin jumped back up into the tree and watched, and waited.