Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Life the Saitoh Fujita Way ❯ Searching for a Lady ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

30Romances Theme: Search
Saitoh Hajime sent a note to his old friend, Matsudaira Katamori, asking him if he knew the whereabouts of Takagi Tokio, who was the former secretary of Katamori's sister. These are Katamori's thoughts about the note he received from Saitoh.
Searching for a Lady
I had to laugh as I read his note. It is short and to the point, just as he always was in the old days. If he only knew, what I know about her. Fortunately for me, my sister Teru is quite the chatterbox, at least when it concerns her friend and former secretary, Takagi-san. I do not even want to think about how many men have approached me, during the last three years, to broker a marriage to her on their behalf. She has turned down each and every one of them without a second thought.
Sometimes I think it is very foolish of her to waste what are usually considered to be the best years of a woman's life. She is not getting any younger, and who knew whether that moron would really leave the situation, that he felt forced into, due to Kurasawa's intervention at my request. As far as I am concerned, he took that `owing a debt of life' thing a bit too far. He should have married Tokio, not that gold-digger, Yaso.
But single minded and stubborn he is to a fault. Aku Soku Zan, slay evil immediately, uphold your code of honor. I guess that is why I have admired him for all of these years. He is a man who refuses to compromise his values. I can't help but unfold his letter, and read it again.
Katamori-sempai,
I am looking for someone who used to board with Kurasawa-san in Tonami several years ago. Her name is Takagi Tokio; she was your sister's former secretary. Any information that you could give me concerning her whereabouts would be useful.
Saitoh
Ah Hajime-kun! I can only guess what business you might have with Tokio-san. Whatever it is, you had better hurry, because one of these days she is going to give in and marry one of those suitors. My sister doesn't seem to think so, but what do women really know?