Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Meditation ❯ Flowers ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2: Flowers and Wrinkles

Aoshi found that he had strayed from the path to the Tea House where he was meeting Misao for tea and/or other things that go into you stomach to replenish your strength. Maybe this was a sign that he shouldn't start taking orders from that small little girl. Girl? She wasn't a girl anymore. She is a woman, maybe not mature but mature where it counts.

Aoshi smiled. Again. Something he was getting very sick of. It wasn't that he wanted to be some macho guy. He just didn't like the wrinkles it gave him. He used to smile all the time until he found a little wrinkle creeping up on his face. But, to be honest, he'd rather have people think he wanted to be cold rather than have them know he cared about wrinkles.

"Fresh Flowers!" Cried out an old lady, the flower lady,  as he passed by her wares. She had wrinkles. Many, many wrinkles. Something that Aoshi would never have.

He continued on past her, returning to the path that would eventually lead him to the Tea House. He past so many chances to escape but he never could find a break in the crowd to let him out. Okay, so he didn't really want to go back on his semi-promise top Misao. Also, she was scary... sometimes. If she felt she was wronged somehow she wouldn't stop until she got what she wanted. Sometimes that was an apology. And sometimes it was beating that person up.

Shinomori Aoshi does not go back on his word.

So he continued on, doing something that he was thoroughly against. Maybe he'll get lucky and find out that she forgot. He loved her and all but he couldn't be putty in her hands. To late, he already was and there was nothing he could do about it. Good thing she doesn't know. Yet?

When he looked up from starring at the ground he found himself at the place he has been dreading all day. Maybe be can just wait out here and she won't see him. Then he won't be force to go inside. Yes. That is a perfect plan.

"Aoshi-san!" Yelled out a familiar voice. Aoshi didn't have to turn around to know that it was Misao. When he did turn around he saw her waving madly at him, smiling as if he had made her the happiest person in the world.