Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Meditation ❯ At the Restaurant ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3: At the Restaurant

“Yeah! Aoshi-san! You're here! I didn't think you'd come this time,” Misao was happy, which made Aoshi happy. But no one would know that now would they.

“Huh, hello Misao-san,” Aoshi answered her politely, shifting around.

Misao grabbed his lonely hand and dragged him up the Tea House steps and through the doors. Not letting go for fear that he would vanish. She waved to people she knew, none Aoshi knew, and waved joyfully at them. All done with one hand fastened to Aoshi's. As she got to their table she reluctantly let go. Like he would actually run away when he was already in the place!

“Hello! Here are your menus, I'll be back shortly!” Told a busy sounding waitress. She shoved the menus under their noses and ran off to the place where waitresses wait. Where ever that is.

He picked up his menu and looked at it. Slowly. What should he have? Hmmm... Maybe he should ask Misao's opinion. No. Aoshi does not ask people's opinions about anything. Especially something as insignificant as food.

“Misao-san,” he's a traitor to even himself! “What are you having?” Well, that wasn't exactly the same as asking what he should have, it was more like getting her opinion of what's good.

“Hmmm... I don't know. I'm having some ginseng tea, maybe... I don't know what I should eat. What are you eating?” She asked a bit nervously.

“What are you guys gonna have to drink?” Butted in the waitress, unknowingly saving Aoshi from the trouble of answering a question he didn't know the answer to.

“I'll have some ginseng tea,” Misao told her.

“And you sir?”

“I'll have some too.”

She wrote down their drink orders and sped off. Aoshi wasn't liking this waitress, it doesn't matter that she saved him from the impossible. She didn't tell them her name like all other waiters and waitresses do, she didn't even give him enough time to choose his own drink! Maybe she will give them enough time to find the right food. Maybe. Who knows with these crazy waiters and waitresses now a days.

“So, Aoshi-san, what are you having?”

What's with all these questions! Monks don't ask a lot of questions. They don't even ask any! Why did he have to leave his silent chamber of daydreaming? Daydreaming of Misao is a lot better than actually being with her. When you daydream of her she can't say stupid things. She can't do stupid things. But, she can't do stupid cute things. Maybe daydreaming of her isn't as good as actually being with her.

“I'm having shrimp fried rice,” he answered her. Good thing he remembered something that's on the menu because he hasn't even taken a look at it.

“That sounds good! I think I'll have the miso soup and some of this foreign food. The owner of this place is trying out all kinds of food. He's trying to see which ones will be more welcomed by the public so I promised to try some the next time I came here.”

Yeah, okay. That's nice.

Where's that damn no-name waitress?!