Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ No One To Trust ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hello all Sorry about this being late. I am in the process of moving so it will be hard for the chapters to come so be patient please.
Disclaimer: Usual one except for Kiru and Lucian.
Chapter Two: Giving Away
 
Aoshi froze at his spot, as those words filtered into him. She wouldn't understand not, now.
He went back to normal when heard someone coming to the staircase. Going down the staircase, Omasu, only caught a glimpse of his head.
“Aoshi” she said under her breath before continuing on.
 
~Train Station~
 
“Do you think she will be surprised to see us?” asked Koaru covering Kenji's face with a light blanket to block out the sun.
“Yea, that I do” said Kenshin smiling at Koaru. Meanwhile, an elderly man with a younger one stepped out of the train door behind Kenshin and Koaru. He looked over her shoulder as she covered the baby's face. The man muttered “What a child.” Kenshin watched after the two as they go to. Megumi came out shortly with Sano by the ear.
“Come on you” said Megumi as a bunch of girls came out of the train door waving at Sano.
“Hey” replied Sano back after she let go and moved beside of Koaru.
Koaru smiled at them “Let's go!”
 
~Misao's Room~
 
Misao looked at herself in the mirror, feeling the emptiness start to fill in. She had her dark blue silk robe on and her hair in a loose bun. There was a soft knock on the door.
“Misao” said the calming voice of Okina.
“Come on in.” replied Misao as she pulled one of her jewelry boxes in front of her. Okina opened the door smiling as he walked behind her, taking one hand to sift through for her. He pulls out a heart shaped locket with a navy ribbon for the chain.
“Here” he said as he put it around her neck. Misao smiled back at him “Thanks.”
“I'm having another party tonight and I want you down there with me.” said Okina resting his hands upon her shoulders after tying about her neck. She brought her hand to the locket.
“I will” said Misao smiling at him in the mirror “Somehow I don't remember who got this for me?”
“Well neither do I” he smiled “Why don't you meet me out at the garden near the temple.”
Misao closed her eyes “Alright.”
“Good girl.” Said Okina kissing the top of her head and left the room. After he had left the room Misao rose from her seat going over to the closet. She scoped through it.
 
~Aoshi's Room~
 
The door to Aoshi's room slid open revealing Okina. He closed the door before setting down in front of Aoshi. Aoshi's eyes were cold as Okina spoke.
“I got the locket on her.” Said Okina matching Aoshi with his own cold gaze “For now I will leave her in your hands. I can not be with her all the time since I have to be with Kiru.”
My Hands? Aoshi's attention shifted to Okina at the door.
“I see that a battle rages within you Aoshi. As Misao I trust you with her life, and I know you will take care of her as is needed.” said Okina leaving the room leaving Aoshi in his own minds bliss.
Kenshin and the Other's
It was nearing a little near the dark side of the day when they came near the Aoiya.
“Shut up you” said Megumi in a harsh tone.
“Fine” said Sano in a childish tone looking away from her.
Kenshin and Koaru were walking side by side as they stopped at the door. Kenji was in his mother's arms fully asleep now. The entrance door opened , and Omasu stepped out. “Welcome back. Sorry Mi-chan is not here, she is up getting ready for the party tonight.”
“Well, I need to let Kenji lay down. So which room will we be staying in?' asked Koaru as they were entering in. Omasu smiled to her “I'll take you.” She paused for a moment and then looked at Megumi and Sano “Your twos room is adjacent to their's.”
Megumi froze “Excuse me?”
“I apologize for this but there is no more rooms so we had to put you two together. Is that alright?” replied Omasu stopping and turning. A few moments later Megumi began to walk again “Yes it is.”
They continued a little further till Omasu stopped sliding a door open “Here is your room Kenshin, Miss Koaru.” Koaru smiled going in and went over to the little bed so she could lay Kenji down. Omasu smiled at Kenshin “I am sure that Aoshi would be pleased to see you again. He is in the room above this one.” Kenshin nodded and went to the staircase. Megumi and Sano had vanished to somewhere.
Omasu went in to see Kenji “He's grown; since we had lost saw him.”
Koaru shifted her self back a little so that she was not so close to the little one “What party is there?”
“Oh, just one for one of Okina's friends from Tokyo.” said Omasu as she smiled at the little Kenji moving a little in his sleep.
”Why don't we go see if the others are in the kitchen, I'm a little thirsty.” said a Koaru smiling at her, before standing up.
“Sure” smiled Omasu heading for the door.
 
~The Carriage~
 
“That was a good meal.” said the young man across from the elderly one. The man frowned at his son “Remember as I told you earlier. Miss Misao is to be treated with respect.”
The sudden cocky movements his son made created a pained expression in the father's soft peridot orbs. The younger man with emerald orbs looked at him with a sarcastic smiled “And how so is she different?”
She is perfectly fine with hurting you. “She has been raised to take care of herself and others if they come to try hurting her, Lucian.” He answered with a sigh.
The younger man laughed slightly “Father you worry too much, and I will treat her with respect.”
The elder man just shook his head remembering sometimes when he had said that and didn't do it. Just then the carriage came to a stop and a male servant came opening the door. Helping the elder man out and then went back up to his place on the carriage. The younger man rolled his eyes and shut the door himself. The carriage went on, and the entrance doors opened revealing Omasu.
“Welcome back Kiru” smiled Okon as The elder man with black hair showing signs of grey coming out.
“Thank you.” he said coming up to Okon, taking her hand and putting a butterfly kiss on the top.
Okon smiled at him and looked over his shoulder “Your son I presume? Welcome. I will take you both you your rooms, before we go to dinner.” Kiru and Lucian followed into the Aoiya. While going up the staircase, Lucian's eyes caught the attention of a man standing up with another still sitting. Okon suddenly went over closing the door “You will leave this room alone and yours is three down. Dinner will be ready in a few.”
Lucian smiled at her before going into his room.
Okon closed the door to his room and stopped when the music began only for a moment. She went downstairs, to find Kuro and Shiro so that they would be ready for the party tonight.
 
~Misao's Room~
 
Misao sipped at her tea, as the wind moved some of her hair. The kimono she had chosen was navy with lighter blue rose prints on it. She seemed lost in some kind of thought, as the music got louder Misao decided to leave the room. She closed the door to her room. Okina came down the hallway “There you are, come along I want you to meet my guests.” Misao smiled and took his arm as he held it out while he walked by. When they walked downstairs, Lucian who had been standing behind his father looked over, and then went over with his father. Kiru smiled brightly at her as he approached, however his son was looking Misao over which made heat rise. Kiru took her hand and placed a light kiss on it “Pleasure to meet you Miss Misao.” She smiled and the heat left her shortly before Lucian tried to take her hand and she went cold “Charmed I am sure.”
Okina smiled at them “Misao this is Kiru Sorarisu and his son Lucian.” She bowed her head and smiled at Kiru.
Kiru looked at her with a smile “Will you be sitting with us, or somewhere else tonight?”
Misao returned the smile replying “I…” She was interrupted by Koaru coming over.
“Hey there you are!” said Koaru with a smile on. She was in a green kimono with a light blue ivy prints on it. Misao smiled hugging her back.
“Yeah, I guess I am.” replied Misao letting go, and turning back to Kiru “I apologize but I will be eating with her and her husband.”
“Alright.” smiled Kiru as he and Okina began to talk and walk off. Lucian watched Misao and Koaru walk off and then went upstairs to look around.
Koaru sat down with Misao at a table “Who was the young one?”
“One of Okina's friend's sons.” replied Misao tapping her finger on the table.
“He was totally rude to you.” said Koaru with a worried sort of look.
“I know.” said Misao avoiding looking at her.
Kenshin and Aoshi Upstairs
Kenshin looked at Aoshi for a moment before the door came open with Okon bowing “Dinner is ready.” After that she closed the door and went back downstairs.
“He's here for Misao, that he is?” asked Kenshin, looking directly into Aoshi's eyes.
Aoshi's eyes flickered and then returned to an icy gaze.
“Alright then.” replied Kenshin returning the gaze “That was all that needed.”
He stood up leaving the room. He closed the door, and was about to lower his head when Lucian passed him.
Inside the Room
Aoshi looked at the wall. His eyes closed as memories of Misao flooded in. Not now. He stood up leaving the room and going downstairs.
 
~Lucian~
 
She smelt of sweet pea, that shouldn't be hard.” He smiled standing in front of a door releasing the similar smell. Plus the fact it had no number on it.
“Ah…so this is…” he began but came to a stop when the door snapped open. Omasu with a raised brow was standing there with a tray of cold tea in her hand.
“You need to be downstairs or in your room. This hallway is not for guests like this room.” She stepped out closing the door with her foot. He smiled at her and then turned around going back downstairs. Omasu watched him going down the staircase, before going to the kitchen with the tray. Lucian smiled as he sat at the table and there was a plate of finger foods on it. Now I know were her room is. Kiru was watching his son, as he ate “Were did you go?”
“I went to the bathroom is all.” He answered smiling at his father. Kiru had seen that look before and nothing good would come of it. Misao came across the room sitting down and a Aoshi came behind her. She laughed a little and ate some too but Aoshi seemed to always be watching her.
Lucian leaned over to his father “Who is tall, dark, and creepy behind miss lively?”
“It's not Hanya, so it must be Aoshi Shinomori one of her earlier guardians that has returned.” answered Kiru taking a sip of the sake.
“Is that so.” He glanced at Aoshi and then at Misao creating another mischievous grin that was almost a smirk.
Kiru looked at him “Don't even try it. Shinomori, is the better man out of this one. He will murder you if you hurt her. And he will not tolerate your stupidity, like I do.”
“I thought it was because I was your son.” replied Lucian standing up and left the banquet.
 
~Over On the Other Side~
 
“You look wonderful Misao.” replied Koaru smiling at Misao. Her hand rested on Kenshin's who was talking with Okina and Sanosuke.
“Thank you, and how is Kenji?” asked Misao smiling and then slipping half a grape into her mouth. Misao sipped at her tea feeling Aoshi's and Lucian's gazes trying to pierce through her. Having had enough of the gazes she sat her dish down, and looked at Koaru “I'm sorry but I am really tired from training this morning. I'm going to retire now.”
“Don't worry about it Misao.” Smiled Koaru at Misao as she left the table and heading out of the room. A few moments later Aoshi left after her, getting this feeling that something was wrong in his gut.
 
~Upstairs~
 
Misao opened the door to her room dismissing the smell of sake and smoke. After, closing her door she went over to her vanity and began taking her hair down, when she noticed that Lucian was on the terrace. She immediately stood up knocking her stool off balance moving her body against the wall. Suddenly the smell of sake sank in as well as the bottle in his right hand. He smiled a smugly at her “Hello there.”
“Get out of my room.” She said coldly as he came into the room setting the sake bottle down on the vanity beside her. He put one arm against the wall and the other lifting her chin. When he did she noticed her kunai's on her desk near by. His eyes seemed glazed and she gave him a heartless look.
“Your persistence in trying to get me to sleep with you is annoying me. Face this lover boy it will never happen.”
His nails slightly went into her chin causing alertness “Maybe I should put you in your place.”
She decided to go for the kunai's and hit his hand away going under his arm. He grabbed a hold of her wrist and pulled her back. Putting one of his arms tightly around her back, he smiled “Lemme show you…”
The door to the room came open and Aoshi stood there with a heartless expression. Misao got one of her arms loose punching him in the face and running up to Aoshi. Lucian saw the fierceness in his eyes and smirked drunkenly “Very well, till next time sweetness.” He walked passed him and Misao went to the other side of Aoshi. Then she went in front of him and looked at him “Thank you.” Misao said looking away. A tear formed and Aoshi's hand went foreward wipping one of her tears away. Misao's eyes went wide and his hand moved back. As Aoshi moved his hand back, as Okina came in
“Is there something wrong?” He looked from Aoshi to Misao. Misao smiled at him “No there is nothing.”
“Then you wouldn't mind coming with me to my gardens?”
“Sure.” Answered Misao moving passed Aoshi to Okina. He led Misao out to the gardens leaving Aoshi alone. He stepped out closing the door. Aoshi lifted his hand and her tear was still on there. I will only hurt her. This will not be repeated.
Garden
“Earlier you did not meet me, so I had to come after you.” He said sitting down on one of the wooden benches near some lilies.
“I'm sorry.” She replied setting down beside him aswell. Amazingly the moon was full tonight and showing bright.
“To business I am afraid darling.” He said in a tone that was serious but with caution that confused Misao slightly. But she nodded just the same for him to continue. He took one of her soft hands in his own “You know about Kiru and that venomous Lucian?”
She nodded still a little confused about what this had to do with her. Okina looked troubled about what he was telling her “Misao, I made some mistakes with drinking and gambling things, a long time ago…”
She interrupted “But you still do that.”
Okina let out a sigh “Not like this one Misao. I have done something terrible, and now that you are happy and contented with life now…What I am trying to say is that. They aren't here for a visit they are here to take you to Tokyo with them.”
Misao instantly registered what was set before her, seizing her hand, and standing up she yelled “WHAT! You gambled me!”
“I had forgotten to send word that you were happy and were soon to be married.” He looked at her with tired and sorry eyes.
“That would have been a lie about the marriage but how could forget that!” she said violently “I can't believe you!” She ran back to the Aoiya and to her room slamming her door shut. Okina closed his eyes “Misao please find it in your heart to forgive me.” Aoshi act soon, for time is running out quickly.
 
To be continued…
 
A/N: Hello here I am duh! Well did you like it? I think it came out well for once hee hee. This has been proofread by the wonderful BlackFireAngel of Media This chapter will probably be the longest to come. But I will try to make them as long as possible.
 
Disappearances:
1) Megumi, went into the appointed room and Sano, had gone to the kitchen for food.
2 )Megumi, is at the banquet/party. I just did not add a speaking role for her.
3 )Aoshi, had gone to his room as the garden incident was taking place.
Notes:
1 )The locket was a gift from Aoshi and will be used as a tool later on in the fanfiction.
2 )Kiru knows of Okina, Omasu, Okon, Shiro, and Kuro.