Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ No One To Trust ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N:Here's the first chapter and I hope you like it well I am off!
Disclaimer: I do not own Rurouni Kenshin... -sighs- it was a nice thought but anyways.
Chapter One: Feelings Inside
 
Misao woke to the sound of birds chirping on her open window seal. She must have forgotten to close it last night before finally drifting off to sleep. After she rose up, there was knock on the door.
“Misao, hurry up before you miss the afternoon tea for Aoshi.”said the voice of Omasu who obviously had gone back stairs from the yelling. Misao got up and moved to her desk, to where there was a lavender looking kimono with sort of dark green ivy prints on it. Okon. She smiled and then took the kimono behind the divider and changed into it quickly. Going over to the head dresser she fixed the few flaws of her hair from last night's tossing and turning. A few moments later she went down stairs to the kitchen. Okon smiled at her while she stirred whatever was in the pot on the stove. Misao went beside of her for the dish cabinet to were she took down one dish for Lord Aoshi.
“Oh yeah Misao, Hajime is up there with him” said Okon taking the wooden spoon out of the pot.
“Perfect, and here I thought it was going to be a good day.” she went back over getting another glass. Setting the second glass on the tray Misao went for the tea pot.
“I know you don't like his sudden visits, Misao but please do not be rude.” said Okon looking at Misao with caring look on her face.
“Please I won't be rude until he...” she paused and sighed lifting the tray “Fine I will not talk while I am up there alright?”
“Alright” she said smiling as Misao left the kitchen. Okon shook her head then shrieked when the hot liquid from whatever was in the pot.
Misao laughed hearing the shriek and stopped when she got to the door of the temple. Upon putting her foot down on the porch leading into the place, the above talking voice conversation came to an abrupt stop. Misao gulped “Alright” she thought to herself as she rested her tray on her left arm before knocking once and sliding the door open. She had the tray back in both her hands, walking in and closed the door to the room with her foot giving off no sound. After setting the tray of tea down on the tea table near the door she began pouring the tea for Aoshi and Saitoh. Saitoh pulled out a cigarette, putting it to his lips and then lighting it. The scent made Misao twitch as she poured the tea. So much for not talking. “Put that out Hajime. There is no smoking in the temple.” she said loud enough for him and Aoshi both to here. Saitoh smiled “Since when”
Misao decided that it was best to just leave him alone and not cause a scene. When she was complete with filling the dishes she rose up “Here is your Tea.” Saitoh looked at her as she left.
“Well you have taught her to almost to keep her mouth shut.” said Saitoh releasing some smoke from his mouth.
Aoshi glared at him “Tell me what you came here for.”
Saitoh sighed “Alright, Sorarisu's not coming here just to see the old man. He's coming here for a bet him and the man made a couple of years ago. He is bringing his son to look at his prize as he called her.”
Aoshi's eyes flickered and Saitoh read the sign for him to leave. He left with a smile on his face. He stood there on he porch smoking , and he caught the sight of Misao standing in a door way watching him before suddenly closing the door.
 
~In The Kitchen~
 
Misao closed the door to the kitchen. Okon was over at the sink washing the dishes “You need to stop that. He means Aoshi no harm.”
“Never thought he did Okon” said Misao going over to the table sitting down. Omasu put a dish of tea in front of her “You need to go get the tray from the temple in a few.”
Misao sighed “I know. I know.” She moved her fingers around the edge of the dish. Okon put the last plate on the towel to dry.
“Just go up there Mi-chan. If you can't find the words to tell him then just get the tray and come back.” said Okon leaning against the doorway that lead into the eating room of the kitchen. Misao moved her tea forward smiling “Thanks Okon” She rose and left the kitchen heading to the temple.
Omasu looked at her “No one has told her yet?”
“I was waiting for Okina so she could get over it but he is going to tell her last minute I suppose.” said Okon back into the kitchen.
 
~Temple~
Misao slid the door open without a word, and closing it without a sound. She went over to the table and none of the tea had been touched. Because of Saitoh's visit. She went over beside of him “Would you like any before I leave?”
“No.” said Aoshi.
He sounded so cold to Misao. “Aoshi, I need to tell you something”
“Misao not now” said Aoshi even colder. I can't do this. Not to he not the only thing I have left of them.
“But this...” said Misao looking at him with her eyes pleadingly.
“No.” he said with more coldness than he had intended it to have. Misao looked to the left with a smile on her face. She shook her head a little before turning to look out the two balcony doors of the temple.”I am sorry, forgive me Aoshi-sama” Don't call me that please. She rose to her feet and went over to the table picking up the tray. Suddenly something sharp hit him within. He heard the sound of Misao crying as she closed the door to the temple.
Misao walked back to the Aoiya trying to hold back tears but she could not cotain the pain that was flowing within her. She got there all Okina was watch her as she set the tray down running upstairs. The slamming of her door gave away the motion of her leaving her alone.
As a couple of hours passed no sound came from Misao's room and Omasu took the liberty of leaving the dinner table to go get her. “Misao, honey dinner is ready.”
“I am not hungry.” said Misao in hateful tone.
Omasu took in air before smiling and opening the door “Misao, I know there was something wrong when you came back from the temple. But you can't act like this.”
Misao shot up from the seat near the door she had placed there. She was going to yell but decided against it.
Aoshi came up the staircase slowly. He needed to let her understand why.
“What's wrong with you! What happened between you and him there!”yelled Omasu as Misao was going to walk away.
“What's wrong! What's wrong! It doesn't matter how hard I try. Because in the end it doesn't matter.” she looked away covering her mouth. Omasu came up behind her wrapping her arms around her.
Aoshi stood there at the middle of the staircase before closing his eyes.
 
To be continued...
A/N: Well, yeah . I guess this is better than last times try...so I Hope you enjoy this one more :P!