Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Out There ❯ Meeting Kaoru ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Out There
A Rurouni Kenshin alternate Uiverse fic by Kchan 88

Chapter 4: Meeting Kaoru



Kenshin stepped out of the doors of the police station and out into the fresh air. He smiled as the sun shone down upon
him. He breathed in the fresh morning air with utter contentment. He has never felt so alive. He was finally out among the people, just as he had always dreamed of.
Even if was only for one day. He just hoped that he didn't get caught by Saitoh, but Kenshin had a feeling that Hiko would be distracting him quite well.
Kenshin was fascinated by all of the bright colors and all of the people and stands that were all around him. He had never seen anything like it before.
He saw a very beautiful girl with long raven hair walk out of a nearby tent. He stared. He had never seen anyone so beautiful in his entire life. As she walked by she smiled at him
Kenshin grinned back shyly. He had never been around any of the girls his age before, and she looked to be just his age. And she seemed to be coming right toward him.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Kaoru looked at the young man standing before her. He looked like he was a little lost, so she decided to help him. He was so handsome with his flaming red hair and handsome face. But why was he covering up his face with that big white cape?
She walked slowly over to him,smiling a genuine smile. Her long raven hair blew in the slight breeze. Kenshin realized that his mouth was hanging open, and he quickly closed it, not wanting to look like an idiot.
Before he knew it, she was standing right in front of him.

"Hello there. What's your name?" she asked.

"KKKK..... Kenshin." said Kenshin his voice shaking from nerves.

"Well hello there Kenshin, are you going to the festival?' she asked smiling at his nervousness.

Kenshin nodded at her wordlessly.

"Well If you need anything just come find me. I'm Kaoru by the way. And I'm doing a dance act in a few minutes, so come watch it if you get a chance." said Kaoru,blushing slightly.

"Okay, i'll do that, that I will." said Kenshin, becoming a little less nervous.

Suddenly a boy's voicerang through the air:

"Hey Kaoru, ya need to get ready!!! You're number's in a few minutes!!" It was Yahiko.

"Oh well I'd better go, but come and see me later okay" said Kaoru.

Kenshin smiled broadly at her, as he smild back and walked away.

'There's something about him, it seems like I've met him before, but I know I haven't. Hmmm... Can love at first sight really happen? Something about that smile...' thought Kaoru as she walked to her tent, almost running into the flap because she wasn't paying attention.

Kenshin was thinknog along those same lines.

'She seems very special. She was so friendly, and so beautiful. Its someting about her eyes. They were so blue. I have to find her later. I just hope that Saitoh dosen't see me...'

Kenshin stepped in to the crowd, standing at the stage where Kaoru's dance would take place. He couldn't wait to see it.