Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Painful Anguish ❯ Pain ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Painful Anguish
 
Summary: Misao has finally persuaded Aoshi to return home. But when he does, she finds that he is a changed man… Aoshi turns into a killing machine, but Misao is still in love with him.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Rurouni Kenshin and probably never will. In my dreams I do. But not in the harsh measures of reality. And life goes on. Isn't life amazing?
 
Chp. 1
 
Pain
 
Blood. It was everywhere. It seeped into the wooden floors of the dojo. She didn't know who he was anymore. Corpses were piled up and the stench of fresh death was overwhelming. She watched in horror as more and more fell to his sword. This was not how she imagined her Aoshi-sama. But what truly sickened her was that she was fascinated by his sensuous and deadly movements. Each movement was graceful and deadly.
 
He now stood in the doorway and paused. She watched the silhouette of his body as he blocked all the blood and gore from her. He stood as a barrier to keep her from the horror. He grunted in pain as a sword slashed through his calf, leaving it to bleed profusely. Each cry of pain rang through her ears, leaving an echo.
 
He stood up and straightened his back when he finished. She ran to his aid, “Aoshi-sama!”
 
But his very words made her heart run cold. “It's over. Get out. Never show your face in front of me again.” She stood paralyzed by his words. He walked by her out the front door with out another glance.
 
Seeing that he was truly gone, she sank to her knees disbelievingly. Was it really true that he did not care for her? Was her affection a burden? Why was he leaving her? Did he really consider her as childish? Was that why he didn't love her? What was happening to Aoshi-sama?
 
She let out a despairing sob and pummeled the floor with her fists. Her loud wails brought the rest of the Oniwabanshu, who had been hiding, in fear of Aoshi's wrath. They knew that Misao was the answer to his atonement and to help him bring his soul to peace.
 
They watched sadly from afar in the background because there was nothing they could do for her. For the next few days, she lay unmoving in her room. She lay on her futon dismally. She stared out into space. She made no attempts of conversation with others. Her eyes were blank and dilated with unshed tears. She hadn't eaten for days. After they had cleaned the dojo, she had retreated into her room.
 
Omasu knocked on Misao's door tentatively, but Okina stopped her.
 
“What she needs right now is time to herself. She needs to make the decision whether she will go after him or not.”
 
Omasu nodded and watched him leave.
 
Three more days passed by and still Misao did not leave her room. Two days later, they found her room evacuated. Her uniform was gone and so was her stash of kunai. At first, they had panicked at the disappearance of Misao, but Okina reassured them, that she was only going after Aoshi.
 
Two years passed by and Misao only caught fleeting glimpses of Aoshi. She followed him from town to town, by asking people as she went if they had sighted a tall man in a trench coat and kodachis. She was now nineteen. During her travels, she had sharpened her skills on her own. Once in a while, a band of robbers would come upon her, because she appeared defenseless. But is was quite the opposite really. She hadn't made her first kill yet.
 
Aoshi-sama would have considered that as cowardice.
 
But her morals kept her from killing. Her goal was to bring Aoshi-sama back and to change him back into the Aoshi-sama that she had once loved.
 
Then there was a five year lapse when it seemed that Aoshi had disappeared from the face of the Earth. From city to city, she searched the crowds from a familiar face that she had fallen in love with.
 
When Aoshi had left, she had felt that there was no reason to go on living anymore. She ceased to exist without her aoshi-sama. Her world revolved around him. Without him, she felt useless. His biting and scathing marks, hurt her, but they only made her stronger at the mere memory. The only reason she had gotten this far, was because of his training.
 
He was a tough sensei, but that didn't deter her. What she wanted was to take a part on the secret missions of the oniwabanshuu.
 
She felt left out when Aoshi said that she was too young to take part. To her, Aoshi-sama was a God. She worshipped every step he took and followed in his footsteps. In other words, Aoshi was perfect. She didn't hate him for leaving her or hurting her with his words.
 
His words only made her will stronger in finding him. She felt incomplete without his presence.
 
A/N: how is that so far? It's too short rite now isn't it? Well in your reviews, tell me wut u think of my story so far.
 
VOTING TIME!
 
Should Misao have a happy ending with Aoshi?
 
Or should Aoshi forget Misao and move on to find his true purpose in life? He wants to be the Best of the Best.
 
Should I let this happen a good or bad way?
 
I'll be waiting for your polls people!
 
Read and enjoy!
 
Xin chao.