Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Rekindled Darkness ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

An: Hehehe hi guys! Yeah! We finally get to continue on in the RK story line! Cheers. Oh Trinity brought up a very good point, I’ll fix it in this chapter ^_^ I know this ones shorter yet, but I want to get this out to you guys before I go to work so I’ll make up for it in my second post for the day enjoy.

Disclaimer:  Once again I do not own Kenshin that I do not.

Chapter 5:

            She gazed into his eyes with something akin to shock over whelmed the initial surprise, It finally click that his eyes were no longer violet, but metallic blue. “Ken-Kenshin… your eyes…” she whispered. Kenshin didn’t say anything; I mean what do you say to that? They two just stood there for a few fleeting moments, before Kaoru spoke, “I’m sorry…” she whispered her head had lowered in disgrace,  “Because of me you had to kill again… Gomen nasai.” 

            Kenshin gently tilted her head up “don’t be.” He replied.

            Just then the door slid open. “Oi, Kenshin!” Sano called but stopped open mouthed when he took in the seen Kenshin standing in front of a teary eyed Kaoru. Kenshin luckily for him had dropped his hand just before Sano saw. “So Kenshin, looks like your being quite the lady killer this morning.”

         &n bsp;  Kaoru for her part simply blushed; he’d pay for this later when she felt better.

          &nbs p; Kenshin however turned to face him with narrowed eyes, Sano was his friend but comments like that were unacceptable. 

            Sano being Sano of course didn’t take the hint, “So was I interrupting something?” He asked with a triumphant grin, “You didn’t spend the night with-“

           ;  Kenshin pulled on the hull of the sakabatou and an audible click sounded through out the room.

            “Ok, ok” Sano said putting his hands up in temporary defeat. “I just had some important business to do this morning and I thought Kenshin might want to join me, after all it is a great way to earn money…”

        &nbs p;   Kenshin glanced back at Kaoru who seemed to have composed herself. “Kaoru.”

            Kaoru stopped her fidgeting with her kimono and looked at him.

            “Don’t leave the dojo, I’ll be back soon.” With that the two men walked side by side out of the dojo.

            Kaoru narrowed her eyes at the gate, ‘just who does he think he is? Ordering me around like that? Kenshin no Baka!’