Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Rekindled Darkness ❯ Chapter 13

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: hey guys good to see ya!

 

Disclaimer: of course I don’t own Kenshin… he belongs to Kaoru… hehehe

 

Chapter 13:

            The heat of the fire was fast approaching… “Watch out!” Yahiko yelled to them.

            Both Kenshin and Sano’s heads snapped up just in time to see the fire. Kenshin immediately started to twirl his sword around using the speed as a shield and moved slowly in front of a now slightly roasted Sano.

            “Che took you long enough.” Sano teased.

          &nbs p; Kenshin just narrowed his eyes he tried to steal a glance at the burning kitchen, but the fire all around him was blocking his view… “Sano. Go check on Kaoru, I’ll handle this…”

          ;   Sano nodded and quickly ran away from the fight toward the ever-diapering kitchen. “Jou-chan!” he called out as he neared the kitchen door, when he received no answer he took a deep breath and ran in to look for her.

~~~~~~

         &nb sp;  Kaoru watched the events wide eyed, she wished should could go help them, but she was still locked in Hannya’s grip and he wasn’t about to let go. She could feel the blood drip down her cheek where she had accidentally sliced it open. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes as she watched Kenshin fight, and Sano search for her, and her home burning… ‘No I can cry later! It’s not going to help me now. I refuse to play the damsel in distress again! This time I’ll help my self…. Somehow…’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    & nbsp;       Kenshin continued to take refuge from the fire behind his sword. He had to finish this fast!  However, until Hyottoko runs out of fire there isn’t much he could do…

          &n bsp; Megumi looked on in shock she had thought of sneaking off, but seeing Kenshin fight changed her mind, ‘he isn’t an ordinary man!’  She was completely in aw at the fact he hadn’t been toasted yet normally no could hold their own against these men, but it appeared that the tables were turning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sano was looking franticly for any sign of Kaoru but so far he had come up empty handed ‘This is the last time Jou-chan ever cooks.’ He thought as he squinted trying to see further into the room.  Unfortunately the smoke was so tick he’d have to get much closer to find out if she was there… With that in mind Sano started forward through the smoke.

He didn’t have to go too far before he could see the flames devouring the kitchen ‘with Jou-chan cooking it’s a wonder the flame didn’t die of food poisoning… when I find Jou-chan I’ll have to tell her I finally found someone who likes her cooking.’ He glanced down closing his eyes and shook his head this really wasn’t something to make light of, she could be…  when he opened his eyes again he saw something on the floor, picking it up he examined the knife, the light of the fire was able to over power the thikness of the smoke, and what he saw made his heart skip a beat, there was blood on the knife…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyottoko was beginning to panic he was nearly out of oil and Kenshin would be able to make his own move…however there was nothing he could do, seconds later the fire slowly dwindled and died away…  Now he was in for it…