Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Rekindled Darkness ❯ Chapter 25

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: ok guys this is my first fight scene, so feed back on it would be most appreciated, hope I did ok (cringes) I know so many of you have been dieing for a good fight scene, well the fight alone was 2 ½ pages long, so hopefully that will describe it well enough. ^^

 

Disclaimer: I don’t own him nope… but I’m adopting him today, <pulls on leash> ororo… <uncurious kenshin is dragged into sight> good boy… <drags him away…>

 

Chapter 25:

            Aoshi nodded “Aa.” Before jumping into the air his kodachi poised to cleave the Battousai in half. Kenshin easily yanked his sword from its sheath and parried the blow.

            ‘He’s slow, why? I was sure he’d be faster… especially with the length of his sword…’

        &nbs p;   Quickly sliding his sword up Aoshi’s he brought it down in a fast sweep to hit, air? Kenshin blinked in surprise, ‘Where’d he go?’ he found him a moment later seemingly fading and rematerializing as he easily dodged the blows Kenshin sent his way.

He seemed to be circling him… Then from behind him he heard the words “its over.” Just in time to pull his sword back and block the on coming attack behind his head letting Aoshi’s blade slide down the length of his sakabatou.

          & nbsp; Aoshi let his mouth drop open in awe for only a second ‘no one had been able to previously survive his water flow attack …’ quickly he shook his head to regain his focus.  

            ; During those precious seconds the Battousai had summer salted a few feet away giving him some much needed space to analyze what to do next.

            Neither one moved from their spot each sizing up the other… The rain continued to pour around them washing away the blood that now marked both participants.

         &nbs p;  ‘He can move faster… I almost missed the attack… ‘ Kenshin looked down at his hand, before raising his grip on the sakabatou so his hand now grasped the blade taking away Aoshi’s speed advantage, ‘now I’m ready…’

        &nbs p;    ‘I can see why he is called the strongest… but that title belongs to the Oniwaban-shu and I will get it tonight!’ “Come!” he called over the rain.

            Kenshin didn’t need to be asked twice, he crouched down a bit before he disappeared into the rain, using his god speed to attempt an overhead blow, but Aoshi simply raised his sword to execute a perfect counter, leaving the rest of his body wide open.

            Trying to press the advantage while he could Kenshin quickly pulled his sword back and tired to drive it into Aoshi’s gut but once again metal rang against metal as Aoshi’s kodachi met Kenshin’s sakabatou. The sound mixing with the pitter-patter of the rain all around them.  

            ; Narrowing his eyes Kenshin swung his sword again and again each being countered.

            Several minuets of this deadly dance continued with both striking and being countered by the other a complete deadlock.

          &n bsp; Then he saw it another opening… Kenshin drove his sword forward only to land harmlessly against the kodochi resting against his wrist, “too slow.” Aoshi taunted, causing Kenshin to growl in annoyance.

            Pressing the advantage Aoshi struck, Kenshin just barley managed to doge the attack but he did not get away unharmed, blood trickled down his good cheek from the small horizontal scratch that now resided there. He let out a cry of rage as he charged forward increasing his speed, his sword dancing in a deadly pattern.

Aoshi let out a growl of his own as he was able to block most but not all of the strikes coming at him. “Kisama!” he breathed out in aggravation. Anger coursed through him as he continued to try and block the Battousai’s assault. Finally he punched the general area that he figured Kenshin to be in and connected with something hard.

Kenshin’s cheek flattened out as Aoshi’s fist connected squarely with his jaw, causing his own speed to turn against him, he sailed several yards away from the battle and right into a tree. A loud ‘CRACK!’ echoed out over the rain

Quickly picking himself off the ground, Kenshin charged back into battle leaving a very cracked tree behind him…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Misao shook her head they had been searching for a while now and there was no sign of anything or anyone. In fact she wasn’t even sure which direction the city was anymore… she just had to face it they were lost…

Kaoru was having a really hard time trying to maneuver in her wet kimono, oh what she wouldn’t give for a gi and hakama right now… “Misao-chan!” she called back over her shoulder.

“Un.” She acknowledged giving the other girl her full attention.  

“Are you coming?” She asked with a small laugh at Misao’s bewildered facial expression.

“Aaa… Of course I am! After all you can’t get rid of the Oniwaban-shu so easily!” she said while puffing her chest out proudly, and closing her eyes as she went to take a step forward, however since she wasn’t looking to were she put her foot she ended up tripping on a root and falling face first into the mud covered ground.

Kaoru raced toward her ‘fallen friend’ “Are you ok?” she giggled out.

Misao’s eyes burned in the mud, but Kaoru would get hers… “Oh… I think I twisted it…” she whispered bringing her head up from the mud, her face and eyes reflecting sever pain.

This caused the laughter to die in her throat. “oh Misao-chan, I-Aaaaah!“ she was abruptly cut off however when a hand wrapped around her ankle and pulled her down to join Misao in the mud.

Misao giggled as she pulled her self up, “Now we’re both covered in mud!”

Kaoru smiled and did the same and flashed a smile at the girl who was quickly becoming one of her best friends. “Lets go on now ne?”

“Sure lets!” and with that both girls continued to wander through the forest.

~~~~~~~~~