Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Revolution ❯ Goodbye Kenshin and Kaoru ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Revolution

Prolouge

Goodbye Kenshin and Kaoru

A sharp intake of breath was heard as a teenage boy happened upon the scene that was under the sakura trees. Kioru Himura's violet eyes showed pain as they landed upon the scene of his mother and father under the trees, both of them taken away from him because of a disease. His footfalls were soft as he neared them, never taking his eyes away from his mother who was still breathing slowly.

"M..mother?"

His voice was softer than it normally was as he kneeled down beside her. She looked up at him, her sapphire eyes meeting his violet ones as she smiled peacefully at him. He slowly returned her smile, the sakabatou shifting as he moved forward and brushed his father's hair away from his cheek, already knowing that he wouldn't find the cross shaped scar there.

"He's in peace Kioru..and I want to be with him...Promise me that you'll take care of your brother Kioru, promise me that you'll take care of Kenji."

"Yes mother, I promise to take care of Kenji..."

He replied, trying to keep the pain out of his voice before Kaoru hugged him to her. To say the least he was surprised as he felt her tears on his face. This couldn't be his mother, she never cried..even when his father left for months at a time, never once did she cry.

"I love you Kioru, your father loves you as well. Always remember that when you need us, we will be there for you..always.."

Kioru just nodded and hugged his mother to him before she slowly closed her eyes and her hold on him loosened. His tears fell freely as he stood up, picking up both of his parents before he headed towards a place that he knew they would love to be burried. His red hair swayed in the breeze as he kept his balance and headed towards a clearing in a nearby forest that led to a secluded part of the river.

He laid them softly down on the ground as he reached the clearing which was alive with green fire flies. A sad smile was on his face as he started to dig their graves with his hands and sometimes a rock as a shovel. The sun bore down upon him as the wind blew around him once more, the sakura trees swaying as their blossoms fell to the ground.

Two Hours Later

Sanosuke, Yahiko, Kenji, Megumi, Tsubame, and Tae` walked through the forest, trying to locate Kaoru and Kioru who still hadn't returned yet. Sanosuke's long hair hung about his face as he looked around, his head band keeping his bangs out of his face as he kept throwing glances back at Kenji. 'I wonder where the Lil' Missy and Mini Kenshin is...' He thought to himself as they kept walking.

Suddenly, he stopped infront of everyone, his eyes glued to the scene that was infront of him. A dirty Kioru was standing infront of two newly dug graves, his hands scraped and bloodied as he stared at the headstones. Sanosuke, Yahiko, and Megumi walked over to him slowly and stood behind him as they looked at the headstones, sadness and shock coming over them in waves as they read the inscriptions.

.:Kaoru Kamiya- Himura:.

{Assitant Master of the Kamiya Kasshin Dojo- Master of the Kamiya Kasshin Dojo}

{Wife to Shinta Kenshin Himura}

{Mother to Kioru Shinta Himura and Kenji Shijo Himura}

.:Shinta Kenshin Himura:.

{Formally known as Hitokiri Battousai- Master of the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu Style}

{Former Wanderer- Former carrier of the Sakabatou}

{Husband to Kaoru Kamiya- Himura}

{Father to Kioru Shinta Himura and Kenji Shijo Himura}

{Atoned for all of his sins as was his mission}

The headstones where both huge rocks which held the inscriptions with room to spare. Laying on the ground beside Kioru was a now dull knife that had been used to write the words in the rocks, the handle of it holding small drops of blood. Tears appeared in everyone's eyes as they looked from the graves to the boy who apparently dug them. Kenji raced at his brother, throwing his arms around his waist as silent tears rolled down his cheeks.

Kioru just held his younger brother to him as he never took his eyes away from the graves. His hand briefly touched the hilt of the sakabatou, and he was reminded that he would be the one to take his father's place as guardian of the weak. Suddenly, arms wrapped around his neck as their owner pulled him back against a firm chest, he imediately knew it was his Uncle Sano.

"Everything will be alright Kid, I'll make sure of it.."

He said, his voice the same as it always was. Kioru just nodded, knowing that everything would be alright. It would all turn out in the end, it always did..

---

Gwg: Yes, this is the prolouge for this fic which I hope goes along way. I was inspired to write this after I watched the Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) OVA's Trust, Betrayel, and Reflection. I hope to update this soon. RK doesn't belong to me, only Kioru and this is slightly off target since Kenji got the Sakabatou from Yahiko, but anyways I hope that I get some reviews.