Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Revolution ❯ The Letter ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Revolution

Chapter One

The Letter

Weeks passed and Kioru stayed silent when it came to the subject of his mother or father. Sanosuke said he was still in shock, but he knew very well that that was not the truth. Yahiko still refused to say anything about the whole ordeal while Megumi agreed with Sanosuke somewhat. Kenji was more irritable lately, always snapping at everyone for no reason at all.

Aoshi and Misao had arrived with Saito a few days after the incident and visited the graves daily with everyone else to show their respects. Yutaro sighed as he stood beside his friend Yahiko, looking out over the ocean as they stood at the dock as the wind blew all around them. Both were silently as they thought about something Saito had said over dinner the night before, about a new revolution occuring.

"Everyone has been talking about it, but something is bothering the ones that where alive and fought during the Bakumatsu Era."

Sanosuke just nodded his head as understanding dawned on him. Tsunon looked over at Aoshi and Misao who were sitting against the wall, listening intently to Saito.

"Yeah, they fear that there will be a repeat of the Revolution that caused chaos throughout the country."

Yahiko sighed inwardly as he turned around and his eyes landed on the elder Himura son. Kioru was stareing at nothing in particular, his violet eyes watching the boats that floated outside of the harbor. His mind wandered to when he was younger, to when he would watch his father and his Uncle Yahiko train in the dojo. He used to pride himself on being able to understand their attacks when he was fairly young.

Yet, that led to him leaving at the age of 12 to go an train with Hiko, a task that he completed in under two years. His body was pushed beyond it's limits, but Hiko gave a simple answer for his reason of training him.

"Unlike your brother you understand the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu Style..You understand better than your father did when I was training him, that is why I train you, because you understand."

It was a simple enough answer and it had always satisfied him until his father's death. What did Seijiro Hiko mean when he said that he understood the Hiten Misturugi Ryuu Style? What did he understand about a style of swordsmanship that would most likely die with him, Hiko, and Yahiko? A sigh escaped his soft lips as he let his hand rest on the hilt of the sakabatou that was forever present at his side now a days.

His red hair whipped around his unmoving form as the cold wind licked at his bare skin. It was then that he turned around and started back towards the Kamiya Dojo, knowing that Yahiko and Yutaro would soon follow after him.

At the Dojo

As soon as Kioru stepped into the Kamiya Dojo, Kenji ran over to him, almost knocking him down. Kioru stared at his brother, moving him back so he could fully step into the Dojo followed by Yutaro and Yahiko. Kenji waited for them to get into the Dojo before he held out a letter to his elder brother.

"This came for you while you where gone."

Kioru nodded and took the letter from his ototo and looked at the seal on the back of it. His eyes narrowed when he noticed the seal of the Meiji Government on it. Yahiko and Yutaro looked over his shoulder and he could tell they were also surprised by this letter. Kioru walked into the main part of the dojo, his footfalls silent as he noticed everyone was waiting for him to open the letter.

Sitting down across from Aoshi Shinomori, he looked at the letter a moment longer before he opened it and unfolded the paper inside of it. His eyes scanned over the letter, comprehension dawning on him as he let Sanosuke take the letter and read it out loud.

Dear Mr. Himura,

We are informing you of an outbreaking revolution against the Meiji Government. We would like to enlist your help in the fight to save our government since your father helped us a great deal. We would also like to inform you that you would most likey have to take up your father's legend as the Hitokiri Battousai. Also, we would like to express our deepest apologies for the death of Mr. Kenshin Himura and Mrs. Kaoru Kamiya- Himura. We are sorry for this inconvience and we hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Meiji Government

Anger was the first emotion that flashed in almost everyone's eyes, followed by comprehension. They were asking a boy who really wasn't even a man yet to become an assassin to protect the Government from rebels. Sanosuke closed his first tightly, the paper crunching in his hand as he squeezed it angrily.

"Damn them! I can't believe they would even ask this of the kid!"

Sanosuke exclaimed angrily, as he slammed his fist on the ground. Everyone else nodded their agreement, everyone besides Kenji and Kioru that is. Kioru slowly stood up, looking at everyone in turn as he felt Kenji stand up beside him.

"I will take their offer...it's what father would do and it's what I will do."

Kioru stated calmly, Kenji nodding his agreement behind him. And that's how the story of the new revolution began..and this is how Kioru became the assassin that his father once was.

----

Gwg: And chapter one is finished! I hope to get some reviews from this because I really like writing it..anywho, I'll update when I can.