Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Running ❯ chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DO NOT OWN!!!!!!

-Chapter 1-

10 years ago…..

Gunshots…….

Screams………….

Death in all side……..

More shots flashing blades……

Running……..

"Look Sano, up ahead. There's Sigara…

"Jinko, hide, Sano Jump!!"

"But…"

"JUMP!!!"

Sano hesitated, Sigara grabbed him and threw him off the cliff. There was a deep river at the bottom, it was deep Sano would survive. Still I listend to the splash looking at the cliff from the bushes I was hiding in. Instead of a splash I heard gunshots behind me and saw Sigara fall. My brother, my captain, my friend, dead….

A leering imperialist officer looked at Sigara's mutilated body. (A/n: yes the view changed I'm aware of that)He turned around and wawlked away. A girl ran out of the bushes. She gave Sigara a hug before she picked up his sword. She slowly turned around. She softlyswore revenge on the man who killed her brother. The officer heard the bushes rustle, he turned and saw the girl kneeling next to Sigara's corpse. She turned and looked at him right before he shot her…………….

An older version of the girls sat up suddenly. She was about eighteen now. Her black hair messy from turning in her sleep, her blue eyes scanned the room she was in. It was shabby, but live able. She reached under her bed to feel the sword there, she gently touched the sheath as if she was making sure it was still there. That sword gave her a strange feeling of reassurance and comfort.

"Jinko? Jinko are you alright?" A brown haired woman with kind eyes and a few gray hairs entered Jinko's room. It was Maya, the woman who had raised her ever since she found the girl bleeding in her backyard.

"Yes Maya-samma, I'm fine." Jinko said forcing a smile. Maya noticed Jinko's hand slide out from under the bed, she knew there was a sword there.

"Nightmare?" She said as she sat down next to Jinko. She could understand why Jinko felt comforted by the sword. She had grown up during a very dangerous time in Japan. Your only hope of protection was a weapon.

"Yeah." Jinko smiled. This time a true smile. "You know me too well Maya." Jinko had had that sword since Maya had found her and Maya was always curious about it. She never asked Jinko about it because it seemed like it was very personal. She decided this might be the only time to find out a bit more about it.

"Why is it so important?"

"Humm?" Jinko said turning toward Maya.

"The sword. Why is the Sword so important to you?" Jinko's eyes instantly darkened, but there was sadness in the ice.

"It was my brother's. It reminds me of him." She said sadly.

"What happened to him?" Jinko's eyes became cloudy.

"He was killed during the revolution."

"I'm sorry." Maya now understood. It was probably the only connection to her family she had.

"Doesn't matter." Jinko said rolling over so her back was to Maya. "It won't bring him back." Maya sensing the conversation was over left the room. It was the first time Jinko had ever told Maya about her family, or past. She didn't even know Jinko's last name!! She was like Jinko's mother and not having Jinko's full trust hurt.

After Jinko heard the door closed she rolled over so she was looking up at the ceiling. She didn't feel like sleeping. She felt kinda bad about what she said to Maya, but she really didn't feel like talking about her past. She quickly grabbed a pair of pants and purple knee length kimono (If they don't exist, too bad they do in this fic) that was sitting on a chair. The kimono needed to be cleaned; she decided that she would do it tomorrow; after all she was probably going to get it dirty that night. She grabbed the sword and gracefully jumped out the window. She hit the ground on both feet and set out into the darkness.

- - - - -

good, bad, terrible? Thanx!

-singing water