Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Running ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I don't own rk

-Chapter 4-

"Why is Katsu ALWAYS right?" Jinko moaned as she put her hand on her head. Ok maybe she wasn't as well as she thought she was. `This is shit, it's my birthday too.' She thought. Maya suddenly came in with some tea.

"Jinko drink all of it. I don't want to see a single drop left in that cup." Jinko took the tea and both women looked up when they heard knocking. Maya left to go get the door. Threatening to tie Jinko to her bed if she even thought about moving. "It's not like I want to move anyway." She mumbled as she took a sip. She gagged on the first sip. It was so bitter, oh well, she took another, her face twisting.

"One of your friends was at the door. He came to wish you a happy birthday." Maya said walking in holding a lovely bouquet of flowers and a box like thing. "Shame you got sick on your birthday." Jinko took the box and Maya left to get get water for the flowers.

Jinko unwrapped the box carefully and was shocked at what she saw inside.

- - - - -

Sano was sitting on the porch, leaning on one of the roof supports. He was thinking about Jinko. He wondered if she had gotten sick and where she was living. He wanted to get her a birthday present but he had no idea what to get her or where she lived. Suddenly a small black haired youth ran into the room.

"Hide me!" Yahiko yelled. He dove under the porch and hide. A black haired woman with blue eyes ran past Sano holding a wooden sword. "Yahiko get back to practicing!" Sano just watched her.

"Is she gone?" Yahiko asked peeking out from under the stairs. Sano looked around.

"Yup." Yahiko carefully crawled out. "Why is Karou after you anyway?"

"Late to training." Suddenly Karou ran around the corner, but Yahiko wasn't fast enough. Karou grabbed him and started screaming at Yahiko about being late and ditching. Sano got up and left.

He ran into Kenshin along the way. The red haired ex-swordsman was hanging up laundry. "Karou and Yahiko fighting again?" Kenshin asked as he pinned a sheet up.

"Yeah. How long has she been chasing him anyway?"

"A few hours I think."

"Well see ya Kenshin." With that Sano started heading off.

"Where are you going?" Kenshin had now finished hanging up the laundry and was about to head back inside.

"To see a friend."

- - - - -

Sano walked on the crowed streets. He suddenly remembering that it was market day. That meant more people on this street than any other day. He picked his way through the crowd until it thinned out in a neighborhood area. It was a middle class neighborhood. He walked up to one of the doors and knocked. A brown haired man with squinty eyes answered the door.

"Sano! Nice to see you again!" It was Yaso, an old friend and gambling buddy. Sano smiled slightly.

"You too." Sano sat down. He noticed that no one else was around. "Where is everyone I thought you said that we were gonna play dice?"

"Everyone was here. You were late, really late"

"Opps." Sano said embarrassedly.

Yaso smiled "We're playing dice again. Next week at 2 o' clock, be here."

"Alright see you then." With that Sano left and headed back to the dojo.

- - - - -

R&R