Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Running ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I don't own rk

A/N: I have absolutely no idea where this story is gonna go so if it gets stupid or just plain weird sorry.

-Chapter 3-

The two stared at each other for a while. Before Katsu broke the silence by saying "Sano have a seat I think you two have a lot of catching up to do."

"Think your right." Sano said as he sat down. "Katsu, got any sake?"

Jinko rolled her eyes. "Who would have known you'd be a drinker."

"You mean it wasn't obvious that this idiot would be drinking?" Katsu said laughing and he handed Sano the sake.

"You're still the same jerk you always was Katsu. And you," he said looking at Jinko as he was pouring some sake. "Same old brat."

"Brat!! If someone was a brat it was you!" She said trying to suppress a laugh.

"Always wining and-"

"Wining! I never wined!"

"Did to!"

"Did not!"

Katsu smiled at their argument. It made it seem like what happened years ago never happened. What surprised him though was that the two became friends again so fast. Almost as if they didn't want to discuss what happened after Sigara's death.

- A few hours later-

Jino looked up at the clock. "I have to be going now. Maya will be worried sick." She got up and carefully folded the blanket. "Thanks for the tea Katsu, nice to see you again Sano." With that she left.

"Well?" Katsu asked looking at Sano.

"Why was she wearing a summer kimono? She left before I could ask." Sano looked at the door with a considered look on his face. "She'll freeze to death of she walks around like that."

Katsu looked at his friend. He never heard Sano talk like this before. "Classic Jinko moment, she picked it out in the dark had no idea what it was she just put it on." Katsu put the tea pot away. While his back was turned to Sano he asked "You never seemed too concerned about why someone walks around wearing a summer kimono. Why did you start caring now?"

"Umm.." Sano turned bright red. `Shit I think I said too much.' He thought. `Got find a way out of this.'

"Gotta go Katsu, Bye." With that Sano ran out of the house looking like he had a mad dog on his tail.

Katsu just shock his head. "Idiot. Thinks I can't tell when he likes someone." With that Katsu closed the door.

- - - - -

Sano was running back to the dojo. He was still pink, but he needed an excuse to why if anyone was up. Running was one of them. The other was the freezing cold wind. `Jinko's gonna get sick.' He thought. His face turned pinker at the thought. `Who would have known she'd grow up to be so pretty?'

- - - - -

Jinko was freezing. She cursed herself for wearing a summer kimono. "I'm never gonna pick out something to wear at night in the dark again." She said through chattering teeth. She jumped over her fence and climbed through her window. She changed into her night cloths and climbed back to bed still shivering.

- - - - -

Sano slowly opened the door to the dojo. He didn't want to wake anyone up. He crept in and carefully opened the door. He walked into his room, took of his jacket and went to sleep.

-The next morning-

Jinko didn't want to get up. She wasn't even sure she could. She had a huge headache; she put her hand on her forehead and laid there. `Maya won't mind of the dishes are done later.' As if on cue Maya walked into the room and asked Jinko why she wasn't up and about. She noticed how pale the girl was and said.

"Jinko are you alright? You don't look well." She kneeled next to her bed. "And you're sweating like a pig in July." Jinko didn't say anything. Maya put one hand on Jinko's forehead and the other on her own to compare temperature. Jinko was on fire, she was burning up. "You have a fever."

"I'm not sick." Jinko said in a sickly voice. "Look, I had a headache, I'm feeling better and I'm gonna get up and do my chores now." She tried to get up but Maya pushed her back onto the bed.

"No you don't young lady." Maya said in that parent-y voice that means if-you-don't-do-exactly-what-I-say-there-will-be-dire-consequences. "You are going stay in bed until you get well."

"But-

"No, Buts." With that Maya left the room to get Jinko some tea.

- - - -

Reviewers keep my muse alive which means quick updates. If my muse for any reason disappears, gets fired or dies which usually happens. Updates will be few and far between. So R&R so muse number #675 stays alive.

-singing water