Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Samurai Sushi ❯ Vol 2: Chap 14: Cupid has Competition ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Cupid had Competition


Now, onto a new problem. Not with the government, this time, mind you. Love was the problem. Amethyst started up with her cupid plan for Kenshin and Kaoru again. However, the plan hit a snag. This occurred after her adventure in Nishi Edo. The day started out normal. Amethyst spied on the potential couple. Kenshin and Kaoru were alone right now.


Perfect,” the Icelandic thought. She had talked to Kaoru beforehand too.


“Hiya!” Amethyst said to her. Kaoru looked at her with an odd face. The other girl blinked at her.


“What?” she asked. Kaoru shook her head.


“Nothing,” she lied. Amethyst walked into the dojo, grinning.


“What’cha doin’?” she asked.


“Preparing for the day,” Kaoru replied. “Why?” Amethyst smiled as she shook her head. Kaoru blinked, confused.


“What?” she asked. Her pal walked over and put her arm around her shoulders. Kaoru looked on in discomfort.


“What are you doing?” she asked. The other girl glanced up at her.


“That’s not fun,” she said in a low voice.


“But I have to do it,” Kaoru said back.


“I know. But have something better for you to do.”


Kaoru looked at her. “Huh?”


Amethyst kept her smile. “Put on your best kimono and go for a little walk with Kenshin-san.”


“Why?”


“D on’t ask questions!” Amethyst pulled Kaoru out the door. Kaoru still looked confused.


“What are you doing?!?”


“Feel, don’t think!”


Kaoru went quiet after that. The Icelandic girl grinned to herself. “Chance!” she thought. From there, she took over part one B of the plan.


After a little talking to a clothing change, Amethyst deemed Kaoru ready for Kenshin. So now, Amethyst was watching the targets make contact with each other. At the moment, nothing has happened. In fact, Amethyst yanked a second time.


Come on,” she thought. “Do something! Let something interesting happen!” Spoke too soon.


Amethyst’s eyes perked up as she noticed a change. A new player into the mix? Megumi raced over to the potential couple.


“Hello!” she said. The Icelandic girl squinted hard. “What the hell is this?” she thought. This looked like an on-coming car wreck. She couldn’t look away. “I should do something…” Amethyst thought. But yet, her feet didn’t budge. Her eyes stayed glue to what was about to go down.


Megumi took her game up to the next level. She started leaning on Kenshin and flirting with him openly. Kaoru’s fiery rage transferred to Amethyst’s in a mysterious way. Megumi’s laughter made their ears just burn. Amethyst clinched her teeth. Her fists trembled. “Oh hell no!” she thought. Then, the Icelandic stormed off to regroup.


So Kaoru had competition for Kenshin’s heart. This will not do. But how to fix it? Amethyst took a moment to think about it. Megumi reminded her of one of those snobby popular girls in high school. If it was just Amethyst, she would just simply kick Megumi’s ass up and down town. But, this was the Meji Era, so she hung that plan up before it could dwell in her brain. What else did she have? A distraction, maybe? Amethyst made a face. It’s looking that way. But how to distract the competition?


Amethyst battled her headache to get through this latest hitch. Damn it, she was going to get Kenshin and Kaoru together.


Owari
Converting /tmp/phpPFCliG to /dev/stdout