Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Samurai Sushi ❯ Vol 3: Chap. 20: Iceland Meets Canada ( Chapter 20 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Iceland Meets Canada

He's a weird guy. Amethyst can't get him. She met him on a Saturday in her calligraphy class. Her first reaction was a rather confusing one.

“Uh…” Amethyst began with as a response. “What?” He gave her a big, goofy grin.

“Do you know how to get to the station?” the man asked. At least she believed that's what he said. “Station sounded rather tangled and butchered.

“The station?” Amethyst asked.

“Yes.”

“Okay…” she said. Amethyst's eyes darted around the hallway. “Well,” she said. “The `station; is back that way.” The teenage girl pointed behind her. He looked down said direction.

“It is?” he asked.

“Yes,” Amethyst said, nodding. The man wildly hugged her. He want too fast for her to understand. However, she caught, “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” Amethyst nervously laughed.

“You're welcome, I guess…” she mumbled. The Icelandic girl looked around for an escape.

“Uh… can you let go now?” she asked. The man looked up at her.

“What?” he asked.

“Let me go,” Amethyst repeated. “This getting awkward.”

“Oh,” the man repeated. “My bad.” He put her back on the ground and released her. “Bye.” He walked down the directed path. Amethyst gave him an awkward wave.

“Bye,” she mumbled. She thought that was the end of that.

-------

Around lunch time, Amethyst went out to look for ramen. She headed down to a hidden shop downtown.

“Hello?” the Icelandic girl asked, poking her head through the curtains. Shinji, the cook, looked up from behind the counter.

“Oh, Amethyst-chan!” he greeted her. “It's so good to see you again. What can I get you today?” Amethyst breathed out.

“The usual,” she said.

“Coming up,” he said. The Icelandic girl took a seat at the bar. She still couldn't get that weird man out of her head. Where did he come from? It didn't sound like he was American, but it didn't sound like he came from anywhere else. Amethyst frowned in thought. Damn it! This is so annoying!

Suddenly, she became aware of someone sitting next to her. “Huh?” she asked herself. Amethyst's eyes glanced to her right. Low and behold, there he was! The man sat, raising his hand.

“Excuse me!” he said. “Excuse me.” Shinji walked over to him.

“Yes?” he asked.

“What is today's special?” the other man asked. The cook gave him a strange look.

“What?” he asked.

“What is today's special?” the man asked again. Shinji blinked at him.

“I'm sorry?” he asked. They both turned to Amethyst. She blinked at them both.

“What?” she asked. The customer looked at her with big eyes.

“Help me?” he pleaded.

“Huh?” she asked. The man gave her puppy dog eyes. The teenage girl sighed aloud. She ended up helping the guy out.

“Thank you so much!” he said once he got his ramen. Amethyst gave him an odd look.

“Who are you?” she asked. The man looked up at her with noodles hanging out of his mouth.

“Hm?” he asked.

“What is your name?” Amethyst asked. He lowered his chopsticks.

“Joseph,” the man said.

“Joseph?” she repeated.

“Yes,” he said. “And you are?” She picked up her chopsticks.

“Amethyst,” she answered. Joseph tilted his head.

“That's a weird name,” he commented. Amethyst frowned.

“My name's weird?” she asked sharply. “Well you talk funny!”

“I do not!”

“Yes, you do!” Amethyst snorted. “Where are you from, anyway?”

“Canada,” Joseph answered in pride. Amethyst gave him a blank stare.

“Huh?” she asked.

“I'm Canadian,” he said.

“Are you serious?”

“Yes, I'm half-French.”

“Oh…” Suddenly, her phone buzzed. “Excuse me.” Amethyst looked down at her phone. She finished her noodles in quick slurps.

“I've got to go,” she said. “It's an appointment.” Amethyst paid her bill before skating off. Joseph gave off a curious look.

What a strange girl, he thought. Before he knew it, Joseph finished his lunch, paid the best that he could, and followed after the Icelandic girl. He would end up back in the Meji Era over the red bridge.

“What is this place?” he asked. Amethyst looked at him with big, panicked eyes.

Owari