Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ The Heart of a Manslayer ❯ The Heart of a Manslayer ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
He walks in the darkness of human kind. He hunts in the night. Slaughtering any who get into his way. No one stood long in his way. No one was foolish enough to. Those who where found out soon enough why they named him The Hitokiri Battousai. Though women on the other hand seemed to flock to him. With his deep amber eyes and dark red locks. He was what some women would say a 'find'. The only way you could tell he was a man-slayer was the cross-shaped scar on his left cheek.Where ever he passed people cowered away from his burning eyes in fear of becoming his next victim.One day while his eyes traveled the crowd he didn't find a victim, but his prey none the less.There at the end of the stree stood a old dojo with a the words "Kamiya Kashin" style on the side. There by the door stood Young woman sweeping the front.Battousai couldn't of moved if his life depended on it.E was copletly focased on the young woman. She looked to be about 17 years old with raven black hair tied high with an indigo ribbon. She was wearing what appeared to be a training Gi for a boy. She had beautiful pale skin with deep blue eyes. It took a minute for the Battousai to realize that he was moving towards the girl.Everyone on the street began to whispered prayers to the poor girl. They thought that he was going to kill her. Little did they know.As a shadow fell over her the girl looked up and saw the Battousai standing above her.She couldn't tear her eyes away from his molten ones.There was something in those amber eyes, but she didn't know what. Before she could move Batousai said "Hello." Kamiya Koaru stood still and stammered "H-Hello." Battousai smirked . He knew that he was scaring her. He could smell her fear along with the scent of sakura blossoms." May I ask your name?" Battoussai asked his voice dropping an octive. Koaru's stomachseemed to do flipp-flops."K-Kamiya K-Kaoru,' She stumbled over her own name. Battousai just smiled and took her hand from wear she held the broomstick as if it were a life line. He brought it to his mouth and kissed the palm and said " Koaru. A very lovely name. I am Himura Kenshin." Koaru could only stare at him. Battousai dropped her hand and Koaru brought it to her chest to cover her rapidly beating heart. Battousai smirked at her reaction to him. He took a step closer to her and said." There's something that I have to tell you." The crowd around them seemed come closer to here what the legendary man-slayer had to say to her."W-What's that?" Koaru asked. She couldn't do anything but stare at him. Battousai unsheathed his sword and the crowd surrounding them gasped. They were sure that the Battousai planned on killing Koaru. Battousai knew what was running through the crowds mind. They really thought that he was going to kill her. He coul never kill what was his. Koaru couldn't move. His sword rested near wear her neck met her shoulder. "You know I could kill you this instant you know," Battousai purred. Koaru gulped and whispered " I know that." Battousai smiledat her once more and resheathed his sword and said "could, but won't." Koaru lookedinto his molten eyes and said "Why?" Battousai looked at her and leaned close to her and said for her ears alone " Because your mine and I don't harm what's mine." He leaned back and using his God like speed he vanished before she could say anything. Her knees grown suddenly weak she collapsed to the ground. The Battousai had just declared her as his, but what did he mean when he said " You're mine?"