Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ The Heart of a Manslayer ❯ The Fight ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Battousai stood outside the Kamiya dojo late that night.He had plans of making Koaruas his own very soon, but first he has to see what he was getting himself into. If she lived in a dojo there has to be swordsmen. He doubted that the swordsmen, if any, were going to be willing to give Koaru to him. Using his god-like speed to enter the dojo. He hid in the shadows of the dojo's garden. He could hear noises coming from within the dojo. A sudden crash could be heard through the dojo and the doors crashed opened.Koaru came crashing out and landed on the splintered wood. She had a bloody lip and bruises all over her arms. A trikle of blood began to flow from the top of her head. Battousai was about to kill the being that had harmed her but stopped at the sounds coming from inside of the house. A young boy with a boken ran out followed by a tall man with spiked up hair. " Koaru!" the boy shouted. "Missy, are you all right?" the man said. Koaru opened her eyes and managed a weak smile and said " i'm alright, Sano." Sano's eyes narrowed a he turned towards the dojo and shouted " How could you do this to your own daughter, you bastard." Out of the dojo walked a man with dark brown hair and black eyes. He carried a boken like the young boy's, who's name was Yahiko, except his was longer. " Be silent Sagara. I'll do as I please with my daughter in my home," the man said. "Not when it involves hurting Koaru," Yahiko said. "Be quiet welp or I'll silence you myself," Koaru's father said. "You'll not hurt the boy or anyone else, that you won't," Battousai said stepping from his hidding place and comming to stand next to the little group. " Who the hell are you?" the man snarled. " I am Himura Kenshin, " Battousai said giving the man a cold smile. Koaru stared fromher position on the ground. The Battousai was giving her father a glare that would of made weaker willed man weep. Why was he here. " I don't care who you are. I,Kamiya Shimaro, will make sure you don't interfear again, " he shouted. He then broke into a run and charged Kenshin. Battousai dodge every one of Shimaro's feeble atemps at hitting him and then gettting tired of the game landed a blow to Shimaro's mid - section throwing him against the wall of the dojo and shattering Shimaro's sword. Battousai walked over and stood infront of Shimaro and said " For harming Koaru, you die." Battousai lifted the flipped the reversed blade sword and raised it to strick th final blow." No! Stop! " Koaru yelled. She was sitting up now with the help of Sano and Yahiko. Battousai turned to Koaru and said " Why not?" Koaru Eyes began to water " Even if he hurts me he is still my father, " she hung her head and whispered " please Battousai." Everyone except Kenshin gasped." battousai? As in the manslayer Battousai?" Sano said. Kenshin tore his eyes away from Koaru long enough to knock Shimaro out with his sword hilt. Kenshin resheathed his sabato and walked over to were Koaru and the others sat. Yahiko and Sano moved away from Koaru at Battousai's approach. Kenshin kneeled by Koaru and asked " Are you alright, Koaru?" Koaru loward her head and said " I'll be fine." Kenshin lifted her head and brought her eyes to meet his gaze and she noticed the gentle gaze that took the place of his hard eyes. Kenshin lifted Koaru and began walking into the house. Yahiko and Sano just stared at them. Kenshin turned a glare on them and said " What are you staring at? Why don't you clean up that mess over there?" He jerked his he to the sid were Shimaro lay unconcious. Sano and Yahiko just nodded and went over to were Shimaro lay. Battousai just turned around and stroud into the house with Koaru in his arms." Did you have to be so rude to them?" Koaru said when she was out of Sano's and Yahiko's ear shot. Battousai just walked down the hall into her room. " No but I didn't want them near you," Kenshin answered simply. " Well don't do it again. Yahiko and Sano happen to be very good friends of mine," Koaru said. Battousai gently laid Koaru on her futon and asked " How good of friends?" "I've known them both for almost my whole life.Where almost like family. They're always looking out for me," Koaru said. Battousai sat there as if he didn't hear her when it was all he could do when he wanted to kiss her senceless. Koaru waved a hand infront of his face " Battousai are you in there?" Battousai snapped out of his thoughts and asked "What?" Koaru looked at him and asked "Why didn't you want Sano and Yahiko near me?" Battousai just shrugged and said " I can be very selfish sometimes." Koaru looked confused " Huh?" Kenshin smiled and pulled her up against his chest." I'm very selfish with what's mine and you are mine," he said. He then leaned down and kissed her.