Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ The Mage Trio ❯ Prologue: The Dream ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Summary: Kaoru's past life was full of magic, love, and, the fight to save her home. Now reincarnated during 1878 in Tokyo, Japan, she discovers her past from a strange dream. How will the Kenshin-gumi and her react to this and will Kaoru have enough strength to save her home again. A.N. This is my first story that I've actually had on the Net. Criticism and Complements are welcome. Please review and have fun reading my story. Korogi-chan DISCLAIMER: I do not own Rurouni Kenshin and Co. I just love the anime, manga, OVA's and everything else. The great Watsuki-sama and Sony, Shueisha Jump, and so on own the Kenshin-gumi. On with the story!! The Mage Trio Prologue: The Dream  She was surrounded by fire; the flames were running by her, over her, through her. Kamiya Kaoru ran as fast as she could through the sea of flames. Her heart was pounding out of control. She could scarcely catch her breath.    'Where am I?' the raven-haired girl thought wildly as she tried to dodge the flames. An explosion sounded to her right. She whipped around and saw a great red dragon flying towards her. In fear, the girl raised her hands; as if to stop the mighty beast from hurting her. "STOP!" she cried.   With a mighty roar, the beast froze and stared down at the small and trembling form of Kamiya Kaoru. It turned away, but not before bowing its graceful head.   'Why...'   Kaoru felt a presence behind her. She spun around and saw a glowing figure behind her with silver wings. he creature had beautiful blue eyes which mirrored her own. It had one slender hand outstretched towards her.   "COME WITH ME..."   Something inside of Kaoru told her to trust the strange creature. She took its hand and the two of them flew above the flames. Soon after they left the ground, the flames turned blue. Kaoru gazed awestruck at the beautify before her and unconsciously lost her grip on the creature's hand.   Kaoru began to tumble towards the earth; her hair whipping all around her as she fell into the now red flames. She screamed as they slashed at her fragile form.   ………   "Kaoru-dono!"   Kaoru's azure eyes flew open. She was tangled in her blankets and her hair was flying all over. Beads of sweat fell from her forehead as she tried to catch her breath. As the world came back into focus, she saw the two concerned faces of Kenshin and Yahiko.   "Busu, what were you thinking. You probably woke up the entire city."   "Don't call me busu, Yahiko-CHAN!" Kaoru fumed, drawing out the "chan.   "BUSU, BUSU, BUSU," Yahiko sang. At this the young apprentice of Kamiya Kasshin-ryu received a smack on the head form Kaoru's "magic bokken".   Kenshin shook his head at Yahiko and Kaoru's antics. His deep violet eyes along with his expression grew serious as he remembered his reason for coming into Kaoru's room.   "Kaoru-dono, if you may, Sessha would like to hear about your dream, that I would."   Yahiko and Kaoru stilled and faced Kenshin again. Kaoru let her gaze fall onto the front of Kenshin's magenta gi. 'Oops, it looks like Kenshin got another stain on his gi. He had just washed it too...'   "Kaoru-dono."   Kaoru's head snapped up. "I'm fine Kenshin; you worry about other's way to much!" the young assistant master said with her usual smile that hid her true feelings.   "Kaoru-dono," Kenshin said in his no-nonsense tone. Kaoru looked away and clasped her slender hands in her lap.   "It's nothing, Kenshin, Yahiko. I'll be fine. Lets all just go back to sleep." Kaoru faked a huge yawn for emphasis.
Kenshin shook his head and stood up; his eyes remaining on Kaoru.   Yahiko shook his head at his sensei. "G'night, busu."   Kaoru threw the remains of her broken bokken at the boy's head. He winced and swore in pain. "Night, Yahiko-CHAN!"     ……………………R 30; So, that's it for chapter one... I hope that you like the story so far. It'll get better; I promise. Click the "Review" button. Ja ne Korogi-chan