Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ The Man who Loves Kamiya Kaoru ❯ A Peeping Tom ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Ah, this feels so good!” Kaoru exclaimed, settling into the bath with Misao.
 
“You said it Kaoru! Imagine if you hadn't suggested this to Himura we'd have still been walking!” Misao said in her usual loud voice. She looked up at the wall separating their bath and the men's. There was a sliding screen towards the top for, she guessed, men and women to still hold conversations. Though she noted that if the wanted too, they could easily peer in. Or, she thought with a devious grin, the other way around.
 
“Hey, Kaoru, you wanna see Himura naked? We can peer through here, if you want.”
 
Kaoru blushed. “I-I…uh,” she stammered. Misao laughed.
 
“I knew it! You do want to spy! I was just joking Kaoru, besides, we'd see Sano and Yahiko too and that might not be a pretty sight!” Misao cried, trying to control her laughter. Kaoru smiled, but unfortunately an image of Sano and Yahiko came to mind and soon caused her to laugh as well.
 
Meanwhile, in the bath next door, Kenshin, Sano, and Yahiko leaned back against the walls relaxing in the hot water. Before long they heard Kaoru and Misao laughing, Sano smirked and glanced at Kenshin.
 
“I bet your glad to here the little miss enjoying herself after all those battles in Kyoto, huh?” Sano commented. Kenshin looked like he was deep in thought, then suddenly he smiled.
 
“This one is always happy when Kaoru-dono is,” he said. Sano and Yahiko exchanged smirks.
 
“I bet you wanna sneak a peek on Kaoru, too, huh, Kenshin?” Yahiko grinned. Kenshin eyes widened.
 
“Oro?”
 
Sano and Yahiko laughed. A knock quickly quieted them down.
 
“Was that a knock on our door?” Yahiko asked.
 
“No, someone is knocking on their bath,” Kenshin said, nodding towards the girl's bath.
 
“Towels,” they heard a weirdly high pitched voice call.
 
“Is that a woman's voice?” Yahiko asked. “It sounds really weird.”
 
“No,” Kenshin said, his eyes narrowing as he reached for his towel. Sano did the same as Kaoru's voice called back.
 
“We have towels, thank you,”
Yahiko settled back, obviously sure that with Kaoru's answer the person, whoever it was would go away. Then a door creaked.
 
“AIEEEEEEE!”
 
“AHHHHHH!”
 
Kenshin bolted from the bath wrapping his towel around him and grabbing his sakabato by the door and running outside.
 
“Just what do you think you're doing?” Kaoru screamed, covering herself with her arms to prevent the man who'd just come in to see her entire body. Misao didn't bother.
 
“I, Misao Makimachi, will show you what happens to Peeping Toms around here!”
 
The man grinned just as Kenshin barreled through the door, Sano and Yahiko on his heels.
“What is the meaning of this,” Kenshin asked coldly. Sano cracked his knuckles loudly. The man grinned still.
 
“I mean no harm. I only glimpsed this beautiful woman right here-” he reached out and brushed Kaoru's astonished face with the back of his hand. “-in the hall and wished to speak to her.”
 
“In the bath is where you do most of you're speaking then?” Sano asked sarcastically.
 
“I can see my plan is now futile,” the man said, turning towards Kaoru. “Madam, I wish you to meet me in the morning. I believe it would be a good deal of fun to talk to you.”
 
“And just what makes you think Kaoru-dono wants to speak to you?” Kenshin asked, eyes narrowing another notch. The man smirked.
 
“Forgive me. I am Shichiro Ryunosuke, head of the city of Nagoya. I am in search of a bride and I believe that beautiful woman is she,” he said. Everyone looked shocked.
 
“Oh, my,” said Kaoru, blushing fiercely, forgetting that she and Misao were still undressed and four men were just standing next to them. The man bowed and extended his hand to Kaoru. Kaoru slowly put one hand out keeping her other arm tuck around her.
 
“Your name beautiful lady?” the man murmured. Kaoru's blushed deepened as Misao looked murderous at not being paid attention too.
 
“K-Kamiya Kaoru,” she stammered, as the handsome Ryunosuke took her hand and brushed his lips against it.
 
“Until the next time we speak, Kamiya-san,” he said demurely and swept from the room.
The five of them remaining were silent. Than as Kenshin turned to ask Kaoru if she was alright he seemed to actually notice she and Misao were naked. They, as well as Sano and Yahiko, noticed it too.
 
“Aiee! Kenshin, Sano, Yahiko! GET OUT!” Kaoru screamed sinking quickly into the water. Misao threw a bucket at them as the towel clad men quickly retreated.
 
“Well, Kenshin, I guess you got a peek anyway,” Sano joked, when they returned to their bath and donned their clothes. Then he noticed Kenshin still had his eyes narrowed and knew this was no time to joke around. “But seriously, what's with that guy? Do you think he's for real? He really wants the little miss? Oh, boy,” Sano sighed. Yahiko tightened his sash.
 
`Why would anyone want Kaoru,” Yahiko laughed. Sano, frustrated, shook his head and slammed his fist down on Yahiko's head.
 
“Watch what you're saying, idiot, Kenshin's right there,” Sano whispered. But Kenshin wasn't even listening. He was just thinking of that man, Shichiro Ryunosuke. He seemed a bit dangerous to Kenshin.
 
“Sano, Yahiko, did you not feel a weird feeling when you saw that man? This one is not sure what this feeling means, but needs to find out.” Kenshin said, opening the door once more, but this time, to go back to the room.
 
“I see what you mean Kenshin. Yahiko and I will find out from the staff here what this guy's all about, okay? You just worry about how to keep the little miss from him,” Sano said, cracking his knuckles.
 
“Agreed,” Kenshin replied.