Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ The whispering sound of heart ❯ Welcome back and a little news ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author: are-en1
 
Title: The whispering sound of heart
 
Summary: To fall in love is easy, but what measure length you will go to prove that you love him? Will letting go is worthy or to keep hold is enough?
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except the plot. All the character does not belong to me.
 
A/N: Ok, so my pervious chapter has been edited =) Thanks for the reviewing guys
 
Reviewer: -
 
Fanfiction. Net
 
1: Uenki-sama
 
2: gabyhyatt
 
3: Maruading Storyteller
 
Mediaminer. Org
 
1: aitsu 
 
2: khk 
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
FLASHBACK/END FLASHBACK
 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
From last episode:
 
Before they knew It's lunch break and Kaoru already in the hallway to pick up text book for the next class so she will not rushing after the lunch break when suddenly Kaoru hears the voice that she long to hear. The voice that she miss for more than two months since the vacation start.
 
“Oro”
 
Wide smiles she turns around to face the sources of the voice.
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
Chapter 3: Welcome back and a little news
 
 
To found that there are three girls standing near the wall corner at the end of the locker giggling while one of them was holding a black square object in hand. Yet the person she really wants to meet was not there or near the hallway. There is no way she could have miss the person flame red hair.
 
`Strange' She though silencely, frowning she listen more if she had miss him and he was hiding somewhere or he been caught by `WE- LOVE-KENSHIN' fan club AGAIN.
 
“Oro”
 
There it is again. Eye widen she looked at the girls direction again, that sound suspiciously coming from their direction. But he is no where to be seen. Frowning, she listen more intent when she manage to catch the last trail little of the girl's conversation.
 
“See, isn't that cool?”
 
One of the girl spoken, she had short black hair waving the black square object in her hand excitedly. She recognize that girl, it was their junior what her name again? `Mita? Mila? Ur…something like that. Isn't she one of `WE-LOVE-KENSHIN' fan club?' Well, the entire girl's population in this school IS his fan club. Luckily Kaoru was not that obsess like them.
 
A snort of disbelieve can be heard at the back of her head of her oblivious lies. In other words her consciousness.
 
Well, urrr, ok maybe a little, is a tinny etsy winny obsess with Kenshin,
 
But that's all.
 
After all, who can resist his charming humble smiles, his wide indigo eyes and his silky red hair? Not only was he polite. He is good at athlete, winning the 1st place in Japan High Scholl Kendo championship unbeatable for 3 years in a row, friendly to other not to mention helpful to other less fortunate and older, know how to cook, he cleans, oh hell, he do batter chores than her. He is husband to be with invisible big board sign attach at his back say…
 
`I'm perfect husband for you so come and get me'
 
Wherever he goes. He just has that aura. That when you near him, you can be sure that you are safe and secure and you can ignore the whole world to loss in his warmth violate eyes and that cute clueless smiles.
 
Even with all that attention he never had been the high nose people. He keeps his profile low.
 
Maybe that's why all the girls envied her because of her closeness with him when they all knew nothing had happened between them for pass these years they had been friends.
 
Because she manages to keep her feeling in tab. She did not want their friendship destroyed because one sided love. She did not want anything to change between them.
 
Kaoru frown and shake her head. Now was not the time to act like a love sick puppy. She needs to see Kenshin to know how he had been doing with his vacation plus she needed him to teach her on the topic she hated the most.
 
Algebra.
 
The squeals coming from the girl manage to catch her attention again.
 
The other girl that seems to have brown hair, with shoulder length hair cut nodded excitedly as well, “Where the hell you get it. You HAVE to tell me”
 
The girl earlier sticks her tongue out, “I've been spying him all years to get this. You think is easy to get a hand of these?”
 
`Spying?' Kaoru snort unlady like. `More like stalking'
 
The brown girl pout, “Demo-”
 
Another girl interrupts, she wearing glasses and her hair tie in piggy hair style, “Come on, and tell us which one that you like the best. I wanna know”
 
The black hair girl nodded her head excitedly, “Okay, come here, this one if my favorite” and the three of them leaning to each other to the black square object.
 
Making Kaoru more curious on what happened actually, she strains her neck in hopes to catch the conversation was about.
 
“Oro” / “Ohaiyo ne” / “Maa, maa domo arigato”
 
THUD
 
The girls that having the conversation stop and looked at Kaoru falling form on the school floor oddly.
 
“Ahahhahah” Kaoru laugh nervously, `So THAT where the sound came from. From that recorder?' She could have sworn that she though it was him and his usually speech. `Dammed, did I miss him THAT much that I sound desperate to even hear his voice? I am hopeless'And hopeless she was. And she knew the fact too.
 
“Kaoru sempai, are you alright?” One of the girls called to her.
 
Quickly standing and clean the unseen dusk and wrinkles she smiles assuredly at the girls, “Is alright. I'm ok; I'm falling because something slippery… in the floor… I guess”
 
They all nodded and turn back their attention to the tape recorder. The girls, the short black hair squeal giggly, “And you know what I have other record to like this one-”
 
“Ohaiyo” Kenshin voice that came from the recorder was surprisingly warm and alive.
 
Kaoru have to wonder when they have stalk Kenshin just to get a record of his voice. She makes mental note at lease to WARN him but knowing his nature or personality he did not mind much. At lease none of his underwear is missing.
 
And Kaoru have the density to blush at this. She SO did not want to know where the underwear thought came from.
 
“And this one is my other favorite. I play every night before I sleep” Yusaka sigh dreamily while playing other record.
 
“Orooroororo, Chotto mate. Summimasen, eto-”
 
And the rest was blurrily heard by Kaoru as she shakes her head slightly and walk away from the scene. `Looks like I am not the only one that hapless to get that idiot red head to notice meother than ordinarily friend terms'
 
`Hmmm, this is getting desperate'
 
# Nah you're the one that getting desperate #
 
`Whoawho are you?'
 
# I am your evil DOU side that will hunt you and turn your life into craziness bwahhahahaha #
 
BONK
 
# Ouch, hey not fair to mentally bonk me #
 
`Well, is impolite to start conversation without telling me your name. HeckIS impolite to read my thought either. Get out!'
 
# I AM NOT interrupting. I am =AKHEM= in other words are your consciousness # =Insert triumph blow here=
 
`Right… get out of my head or I mallet you to the far end of black hole!'
 
# Well, since I am not needed here I will be gone… for now. But I will be back bwahahhahahaaha #
 
Shivers
 
`Great now I am talking to my self. Kaoru, honestlythat was the first signthat soon I will get lock in whitestrip jacketand been taking away from the one I loves and from my family. Laughing while saying I am not crazy. Which I'm not but nobody gonna believes me since they already think I am crazy at that point'
 
`…………..'
 
`OMG!! What am I doing? I am getting crazy? NOooOoo I am too young to be lockingin mental hospital. Nooooo. I got so many things to do. Like that cloth I saw in Ginza I want to buy that. And that horrible shoeI saw back then. Ok, we can skipthe shoespart. But Noooooooo I am NOT crazy! Don't troughme away and lockthe key Noooo….'
 
“Urm, Kaoru-sempai. Are you alright?”
 
Blink Blink Blink
 
Kaoru blink again and sure enough, infront of him was a boy, junior probably looking worriedly at her and she can feel her face hot with fire of embarrassment, “Oh hehehhehe ar… urm, nothing. Everything is alright. I ah… space out for a while. Thanks for calling me”
 
“Ri…ght” The boy nodded and leaves her alone in haste. He did not want to know what in his Sempai head right now. What ever it is, is must be horrible consider that Kaoru sempai face had turn white and look like she was giving a silence screamed just now.
 
Kaoru watch the junior goes with heavy trouble heart. Why was she having a horrid mental image in her head to begin with? `I guess I really miss him.I even miss his company. Usually he will walk me tomy homeroom. We will talk about non sense. Well, I'm the usually one talking while he will listen politely with those idiot smiles of him. Idiot. He always know where I am and start the day with his cute `Oro''
 
“Oro”
 
`Just like that.' Kaoru sigh, loss in her own though that she did not notice she has stop at one of the hallway window and her usually alive blue eyes bored into space in front of her, `How I miss him so much that I remember every time we met this time Iwould see his warm smiles and he will always say-'
 
“Ohaiyo Kaoru-dono. Oro”
 
`Yeah, he will always greet me like that.' She nodded absentmindedly, `I can't believeI miss him this much. Two month without seeing him clearly makes my head stuff with cloudandgloomy whether. Come to think of it, I never see him today either. Did he going to make it today or his plane get stuck and he can only come to school tomorrow? Well, we are in deferent class and this school IS huge after all. But we always bump into each other'
 
“Oro, Kaoru-dono daijobu ka?”
 
`Sigh, I even miss hearing him called me Kaoru-dono. Dono, dono,-' sigh, `-WHEN heever going to learn to called me just plain Kaoru?'
 
“Oro, Kaoru? Are you alright?”
 
`Hmmm? Am I still dreaming? I can hear his voice so clear is like he is beside me now…. I even can imagine helook at me worriedlywith his huge wide-'
 
Violate eyes that bore worriedly into her, “Daijobuka Kaoru-dono?”
 
BLINK
 
BLINK
 
“Kya....!!!” Kaoru shout spontaneously, jumping a foot in the air. And manage to drop her books at the same time.
 
“Oro?” Came a surprise voice instate.
 
Several student faces into their way strangely wondering what the common were about.
 
Blinking again once,
 
Twice.
 
And her eyebrow twitch when the image of Kenshin register in her languish mind, “Kenshin, THERE'S go my nine life. I told you NEVER surprise me like that!” Screamed Kaoru, the truth was she was embarrassed if Kenshin has caught her spacing about HIM earlier tough. She crunch down to pick up the fallen books.
 
Kenshin rub at the back of his head and smiles sheepishly, “Hehehhehe, Gome ne Kaoru-dono. Demo, I was worry when you staring at the space like that” Kenshin also bend to help her pick up her discard books.
 
Kaoru wish that there is a hole in front of her now, waiting for her to jump in. Now if only that was true. “I, urm, get a little loss. Yeah that's it. You know, I didn't fully wake up in the middle of the day ahahhahah” `Ok, now I looked like an idiot'She KNOWS that she was the worse and horrible liar in the earth.
 
`Oh Kamiya Kaoru you horrible liar. Never, never ever be a spy or else the enemy will know the entiresecret' She berated herself. She crosses her fingers behind her back hoping Kenshin buy that.
 
Kenshin looked at Kaoru strangely, “Are you ok Kaoru-dono?” and handed her the books.
 
Luckily Kenshin was known with density and Kaoru let a sigh of relief that he did not notice her slip up. Picking up the book with nervous hand she smiles shakily, “I'm ok, what wouldn't I be? ahahhaha”
 
Kenshin smiles,
 
And Kaoru feel her heart melt more into piles of goo. Must. Resist. Those. Cute. Smiles. ARGH!!!!
 
“I'm glad. I was worry you spacing off when I call you that I was”
 
“Ara, is nothing to worry about Kenshin. So how you been doing? You haven't phone me since what? Two weeks now? All I get is an e-mail which did not fully tell me what you have been done in Kyoto”
 
“Oro, I am so sorry Kaoru-dono, you see Shishou want me to handle something in the company. Saying that I should know how the company at lease handling the minor problem. Well, I got stuck on making advertise for the company and I guess I was into work that I forgot to mention it or phone you and inform you about that. Gominasai Kaoru-dono”
 
Kaoru blink then smiles, “Iya, I was worried that you gone into trouble yes, but I don't want you to waste your time worrying about me. Your uncle was right, at less you should know how to handle marketing since you are after all have the biggest company ever. I guess, I should have though about it `I was afraid you forget totally about me when you were there' She sadly add mentally. There's no way, even for the brave Kamiya Kaoru been known, that she going to admit that to him. That would ruin their friendship.
 
Kenshin smiles, that what he likes about Kaoru; she were so understanding. “Maa, I'm glad you are such an understanding person Kaoru-dono. Maa… let's eat together ne?” he raises two bento wrap nicely in blue and pink cloth.
 
Kaoru mouth water, did she ever mention Kenshin was the best cooking around? And as answering to Kenshin question, Kaoru stomach made an embarrassing sound that could be heard by them both.
 
Kenshin blink at Kaoru, surprise hearing the rumbling sound.
 
Kaoru smiles sheepishly, “Gomen, I was on the way to the canteen when you show up. So…” She dwells up.
 
Kenshin chuckle lightly, “Maa, I understand.” Assured Kenshin. He did not want they seem awaked around each other. Kaoru were the best friend Kenshin ever wish for. He led the way and he glance at his back to see Kaoru pace with eager pace and he chuckle again, “Maa, I have so many thing to say to you Kaoru-dono”
 
Kaoru smiles sheepishly, “Urm, sure. Let's go at our usual place. I can't wait to hear what happened at you in Kyoto.”
 
Kenshin eyes look thoughtful for awhile then his head snap up, “Oro, did I mention that Tomoe is moving here soon? Isn't that great Kaoru-dono. You finally got to met Tomoe-san”
 
Kaoru steps froze, “Tomoe….-san… here?” Silence chocking her name
 
Kenshin also stop his steps, looking at Kaoru strangely, “Eh? Is something wrong Kaoru-dono?”
 
Kaoru, now her mind register that she had stopped her pace and Kenshin was looking worriedly at her again force a nervously laughter, “Hahhaha, nothing Kenshin. Is just, I am surprise that she wanted to transfer here. Why she wanted to transfer to Tokyo?” `And close to you. Grrr, didn't she have you for whole two months?' Kaoru blink surprise at her own jealousy feeling surface at this moment, `What am I saying? Is not like Kenshin will love me that way' Glancing at Kenshin she let a sigh of relief when she notice he did not notice the dark face she had made.
 
“Tomoe-san father had been promoted on one of the branch in Tokyo and that's why her whole family will transfer here”
 
“Oh…”
 
Her less exhausts sound unheard by Kenshin for he already imaging what a great friend Kaoru and Tomoe will be. “Isn't that great Kaoru-dono, you can be friend with Tomoe-san. Finally both of you can met”
 
Kaoru force a smiles seeing how happy Kenshin daydream about something that she couldn't stomach as true. “Yes… it would be… wonderful” She finishes lamely, “Oh hey, urm, I just remember Yukihara-sensei wish to see me in lunch period sorry I can't accompany you to lunch. I don't even know how that slips my mind. Oh well, batter see her now before she gives any fuss” She knew that she was rambling, “Good bye Kenshin” But she needed to get away quickly because the news disturbed her somehow and she needed space to think clearly so that she would not make a fool out of herself. So she bolt into another hallway, away from the men she been waiting these whole month; away from this familiarly known heartache.
 
“Kaoru-dono?” Asked Kenshin puzzle, never had she seen Kaoru disappeared faster than his speed onto the passage that connected the hallway like she did now. Somehow he feels hollow and empty feeling rising at the depth of his stomach seeing the slight change attitude, “Maybe Kaoru-dono rushing again. After all, she did look like late. But we haven't had lunch yet. That we didn't” He brought up the bento he carried to his face and he exchange the look from his bento to the disappearing Kaoru then frowns. Shrugging the feeling he had. He continues walking to the park.
 
Completely ignore the hint and warning feeling that this will be the fist sign that will affect their relationship latter.
 
 
TBC
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
 
Dictionary:
 
Tanuki - Raccoon
 
Mibu - Wolf
 
Ohaiyo - Hello, good morning
 
Domo Arigato - Thank you
 
Demo - But
 
Gominasai- Sorry
 
Oro - Something that Kenshin always say as Huh?
 
Dono - Miss. Put at the end of name to show as respect the person.
 
San - Put at the end of name.
 
Iya - No, is ok.
 
Shishou - Kenshin Kendo Teacher
 
Sensei - Teacher