Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ The whispering sound of heart ❯ Old face and a little flashback ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author: are-en1
 
Title: The whispering sound of heart
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except the plot. All the character does not belong to me
 
Summary: To fall in love is easy, but what measure length you will go to prove that you love him? Will letting go is worthy or to keep hold?
 
A/N: Edited. Because of my laziness. I edited both chapters late =o
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
FLASHBACK/END FLASHBACK
 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
From last episode:
 
In her head, screaming what a horrible way to start with and keep complaining how this day couldn't be any worse. That was until a playful voice great her from her behind,
 
“Ohaiyo Kaoru”
 
She turns and a wide smile separates her face as she sees the face that she comes to love…
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
Chapter 2: Old face and a little flashback
 
 
“Ohaiyo Sano”
 
Sagara Sanosuke, the men that she has come to love as her own brother. Is unfortunate for her that she were the only child in the family. Having no brother or sister can make life become dull to this only child. But meting Sano was the best thing that could have happened to her. She can still remember the first time they met.
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
FLASHBACK
 
She was around 7, being bullies in one of the school corner were something that happened everyday in her young childhood life.
 
But, one day he show up out of nowhere like a price in shining amour and aided her by defeated the three famous bullies known to the school. Of course he gets a nice reward for trying to save her after that, a huge lump on top of his head courtesy of her ever trusted bokken that magically appeared out of the thin air.
 
Shock was understatement to the 7 years old boy.
 
He was bewildered by that action and it take ten second to comprehend what had happened.
 
“Hey, what da ya do that for?” asked Sanosuke, rubbing his sore head.
 
“Humph, I could have handled them myself. Why you have to butt in anyway?”
 
“Geesh, for a girl you sure strong like a boy Jo-Chan” Sano complaining about the lump in his head.
 
BONK
 
“Hey”
 
“I don't need a roster to tell me if I have a strong as a boy or not. And don't call me, Jo-CHAN because I am not little!”
 
“What do you mean by roster?” he crosses his hand at his chest, a playful smirk linger in his childish mouth, “Feh, if I knew you are a boy in disguise I wouldn't want to help. And here I though that you thank me for saving you”
 
“I am NOT a boy. And I told you I can handle it my self roster head”
 
It take few minutes for his brain to register that she had been insulting favorite hair style, he spoke back rather loudly, “Hey that was an insult. My hair is natural and is not rooster”
 
Kaoru winch at the loud voice he made, having the urge to close her ears from that high pitch voice. Instated she smartly remarks back with a smirk of her own, “It looked like a head of rooster to me” after all, the Kamiya's never known as quieter.
 
Sanosuke blink his child brown eyes, looked like the little missy was not going to give up. Is the first time ever someone stands up to him. He grin boyishly, “I like you. You have spunk, what your name?” And ruffles her hair.
 
Kaoru try to bite his hand but he quickly pull it off quickly and chuckle lightly at her attempt and put his hand safely a distance away from her. Kaoru puff proudly, “Is Kamiya Kaoru”
 
“The name Sagara Sanosuke. But you can call me Sano. I have to go. See you around Jo-chan” He then turn and leave.
 
“I AM NOT Jo-Chan!” her screaming voice echo through the school alleyway, yet he did not turn infact Kaoru could hear his light giggles as he flew away from the scene.
 
After that day Kaoru realize he was the new transfer student and miraclely ended the same class as her. And being Kaoru being Kaoru and Sano being Sano, they realize they have a lot in common, especially in self defend martial arts. And since then they become best friend ever.
 
END FLASHBACK
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
 
“Yo, earth to Jo-chan”
 
“Huh? Oh sorry” Kaoru blush, seeing the intended look Sano give.
 
“Feh, what are you day dreaming again? Kenshin?” He teased.

At this Kaoru face burn into twenty shade of red, “No-no I am thinking about urm, the first time we met” She admit shyly, sound stupid for bring that up now.
 
Sano brown frown together, “Eh? What brings that up?”
 
“Beside I plump you until you turn to piles of goo?” Kaoru smirk triumphly.
 
Snorting Sano reason to Kaoru, “Feh, I'm giving you a chance because you are a girl. And I don't hit girl”
 
“Hey that not fair. You know I'm batter than that” Kaoru pokes Sonusuke in the shoulder, “I can defeat you with just one hand and you knew it”
`
“What ever you say Jo-chan”
 
Kaoru pout but then her eyes gleam evilly, “Sano, I have brought lunch today; home made cooking by yours ever trustfully wonder chef Kaoru, isn't that sound delicious? And guess what; you are the lucky person who going to taste my home made cooking. Isn't I'm nice?”
 
Sano sweating hearing that, the things about Kaoru that he scares other than her temper is her cooking. Her food was poison, even they looked harmless, “Sa… I think I have things going on recess ehehehe”
 
Kaoru laugh, “Ah Sano. I was just kidding. Beside, how can I let my Oni-chan dieing on me easily”
 
“Phew what a relief”
 
Kaoru blink her eyes once, twice, “You mean MY cooking was that bad?” and her anger rise.
 
Sano feels the fighting aura she admitted and unconsciously taken a steps back. Sanosuke Sagara, the ever great fighter that don't afraid with anything backing away slowly from the angry Tanuki. “No, of course not Jo-chan” Silencely he cross his finger behind his back, learning from experience that dealing with temper Tanuki was not a good thing. “Beside, if that bad Kenshin would probably end on hospital the first time he tests your food.” Then he silancely whisper, “Although that time he had to take a whole bottle of stomach ached medicine afterwards”
 
Kaoru who did not heard Sano last remarks continue to ponder on, “I don't understand it. I try really hard making editable food everyday. The one that never complain about my expertise is Kenshin”
 
“Well at less we try it.” Then Sano silencely added, “Even it did cut 2 years of our life eating you're poisonous cooking”
 
“Huh?”
 
Noticing she did not hear his last remarks, he smartly added, “What I mean is Kenshin LOVES your food. He will eat whatever you cook Kaoru so why worry?” After all, dealing with temper Kaoru means one year's life shorter. And Sanosuke has enough life being cut dealing with Kaoru for the pass 8 yeas.
 
Kaoru beam pridely at Sano words, proud that SOMEONE appreciated her hard work and effort “Your right… saaaay Sano, how's your vacation?”
Sano shrug his shoulder lightly, “Pop's bring me to this world champion fighting tournaments.” Glad that she bring other subject up he decided to off track her with that news, “Feh, If only he let me in. I can win it easily”
 
Kaoru chuckle at that declaration, “Same old Sano. Think he can defeated a guy with a punch”

”Hell yeah, with my skill and Fate no kawami there's nothing can stop me from winning”
 
“So, where the tournament being held?'
 
“Eh, somewhere in Osaka. I eat a lot of fish too. When they say Kyoto is the best place to eat, they weren't kidding. But I still think Tokyo was the great place”
 
And Sanosuke keep on babbling about his day while Kaoru nodded it. They exchange news with each other on how they spend their day when they have to separate on different classes.
 
Before they knew it's lunch break and Kaoru already in the hallway to pick up text book for the next class so she will not rushing after the lunch break when suddenly Kaoru hears the voice that she long to hear. The voice that she miss for more than two months since the vacation start.
 
“Oro”
 
Wide smiles she turns around to face the sources of the voice.
 
TBC
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
 
Dictionary:
 
Tanuki - Raccoon
 
Mibu - Wolf
 
Ohaiyo - Hello, good morning
 
 
 
A/N: Eh, Author would like to apologies if my information on Kyoto was wrong. As you knew I am too lazy to search for information and I have read once and I sort of remember and I just added. Gominasai minna. Again with another updated..
 
Edited: 22 August 2006