Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Time Reveals ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own, never will, even if I want to I wont.

"Mother, where are my clothes." Kaoru called. Her mother appeared at the door waving a spatula.

"How would I know? I don't wear them." Kaoru rolled her eyes; she heard this speech every time she asked about a possession of hers.

"I know, I know, can you help me find them?" She turned her head away from her dirty clothes, in the closet, and gave her mom puppy dog eyes.

"Kaoru, stop acting like a child. I will help you look." Her mother grounded out. She step away from the entrance of the door and pulled the door halfway shut. She bent down collect the blouse and matching skirt. "Here you go." She said holding the clothing up.

"Oh, yeah like you could...." She glared daggers at her mother as she sat on her legs and looked at the clothing. "NOT FAIR! How did you know where it was?" She stood up and yanked the clothing from her mother.

Her mother shrugged. "Simple dear I was your age once, and my room was always a disaster area. I had to have a place where I could find what I needed," She giggled as she left the room. "OH NO MY EGGS!" She all but screamed from the kitchen.

`Ha Torn, always does that when mom isn't looking,' She smiled then shut her door, and dressed in her school uniform. She pulled at the neck scarf that hung around it lowered it so you could see her collarbone. She glanced in the mirror, "Much better, though I need a brush." She glanced at her wristwatch. She grabbed the brush out fro under a pile of clothes, almost tripping over a sweater. She stumbled into the hallway and hit the wall coming out, dropping her brush on the floor. She bent down as she collided and ripped the shirtsleeve from the bottom of her foot.

"Ha, Ha, serves you right for having a messy room." Her brother said from down the hall.

"Shut it," Kaoru ordered.

CLANG

Her brother went flying into the wall as an iron pan connected with his face. Kaoru's laughter could be heard throughout the house. "Torn, you know better than to steal moms food, while its still cooking." She said as she slowly walked forward, with her bag in front of her legs. She looked at him, as he slumped to the floor.

"Tornado, you little Imp, stop touching my food. Those were especially for a cake." Her mother stormed out wearing a pink apron around her waist. She waved her finger at the boy, while bending down and retrieving the pan. "You'll learn the hard way just as your father has," She smirked as she turned around, and stopped dead. "Put those back you leach," The women growled low. The man in the kitchen turned around with an egg half way out of his mouth. He slurped it and smiled weakly.

CLANG

The pan connected with the wall, as the older man ducked. He quickly scrambled from the room going out the door. Leaving it wide open. "That won't save you." The older women smiled wickedly as she pushed a button on the wall. The man instantly fell face forward eating dirt. Then got soaked with the spray of the sprinkler. She pressed the button once more and it shut off. She walked out and lifted the man by the ear and dragged him inside. "Kaoru dear would you mind leaving this morning without breakfast, I'll give you some money to get some on the way to school." Her mother smiled warmly at her daughter.

"No mom," Kaoru weakly stated, as a sweat drop formed. Her mother gave her the money and she ran out the door, putting her shoes, by the door, on and running down the path and to the left, waving at her mother.

Kaoru's mother smiled as she watched her daughter leave she waved and called, " Be safe and stay out of trouble, be home before dark." She shut the door silently and turned around to face the two men standing in the hallway holding their wounds. They both lunged back as she screamed. "KEEP YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF MY BAKING SUPPLIES, YOU KNOW BETTER THEN TO GET THOSE." She breathed and calmed.

"Who uses cooked eggs in a cake." Torn shrugged as he lifted himself from the floor holding his injured nose. He fell right back to the floor as a vase broke above his head.

"Get out now, you useless son, before I really hurt you," She growled. He quickly got up and ran out the front door only to slip and fall forward, he caught himself slipped into his shoes and out the door he went. She turned to her husband who still held his ear as he sat on the floor looking at her. "You have something to add," She huffed, as her head seem to go back to normal. She turned around and went back to the kitchen and collected her pan, and her baking supplies that were left untouched.

"Umm dear, might I..." He quieted as she glared at him, her anger rising. "Umm I think I will get to work early, see you tonight dear." He gather himself up and left the same way as his daughter, only getting into a car and speeding away from his angry wife.

"Those to children of mine, grr always stealing what I need to bake, if it isn't sprinkles, or chocolate. It's my more elaborate stuff. She growled as she slammed the pan into the sink. Men such children."

_______________________________________________________________ _________

Kaoru ran down the path until she was out of sight of her house. She sweat dropped as she heard her mother yelling. This happened almost every morning. `Well welcome to my life.' She thought to herself as she reached the corner. She was about to turn left when a tall young man slammed into her knocking her into the street. She landed on her knees, which faced each other. She cringed as the pain started up her spine. She growled as she saw the spiky haired young man walk away, not even realizing what he did. She slowly stood, the pain almost unbearable. She looked at her bloodied knees, and cursed as her squirt rubbed against them.

HONK

She looked up to see a car barreling towards her. She jumped to her right, only to hear another honk from the other side. She turned around to face it. She folded her arms in front of her face and braced her self, as her knees gave out. She watched in horror as she fell, almost in slow motion, toward her skinned knees once more. She started falling backwards as well. She was ready for the car to hit her. She felt a soft fabric against her right arm, and the next thing she was lifted into strong arms and above the car. Her eyes widened as she looked at her rescuer.

He wore a white, slightly baggy, shirt and pants that resembled her school uniform. He looked out in front of him, to where he was going to land. He landed on his right foot softly and then placed his left foot on the ground, stumbling a little. He placed her on a bench laying her down on in and stood above her. He smiled warmly at her.

"Are you alright?" He questioned concerned. Kaoru slowly tried to sit up, but found the young mans hands on her shoulders lightly pushing her back down. She laid back down and breath a sigh. "Are you alright," His deep voice asked once more. Kaoru closed her eyes as she listened to it. She opened her eyes, and glance at her watch.

"Kuso, I'm late, my mother will kill me." Kaoru cursed as she sat up. She flipped her legs over the side of the bench, toward the young man.

He stood, with his eyes wide, staring at her. `She just gets hurt, and almost run over and she is more worried about school,' He thought. He watched as she sat up and then placed her feet against the ground. She stood too quickly and fell backwards. He instantly caught her; she leaned against his chest, hissing in pain.

"Sssss, oww...." She collapsed from the pain. The young man blinked and then slowly picked her up. He cradled her in his arms as he slowly walked the remaining two blocks toward the school. He entered the building seeing the offices as he entered. Above each the doors, was printed which office was which. He read them and saw the nurse's office at the end of the hall. He slowly walked toward the office, entering the opened door.

A student, about his age, with her face in a book and drolly said, "Please sign in and state what the problem is."

"Where is the nurse? Kenshin questioned as the young girl looked up. She stood immediately.

"Miss Takani," She called as she raced to the back.

"Yes," A young women's voice came from the back room.

"We have an emergency," The women doctor emerged from the back and looked at her assistant, and then to the young man, holding a young girl. She looked the girl over. Her knees were bleeding, along with her hands.

"Please bring her this way," The doctor motioned toward a room and then walked into it. The young man followed her, as the girl sat back down and amerced her self back in her book.

The doctor motioned towards the bed as she gathered her equipment. The boy placed Kaoru on the bed slowly. He brushed her hair out of her face. He then turned to walk from the room. "Where are you going, young man?" The doctor watched him and then turned to him. He stopped and turned his head to look at her.

He smiled "I have brought her to get help, now that is done I must go to class."

"Nope," Was her response as the sliding door closed? He stared at her then looked at the door. He tried to open it, but it wouldn't budge. He sighed and sat in a chair next to the door.

"What do you want to know?" He asked as he closed his eyes and relaxed a little.

"What happened?" Was her only question.

The boy told of what happened from the begging. He had seen she was pushed; he raced to her as he saw the vehicle coming at her. `I wont make it,' was his thought as he reached the corner she was on right as the car passed. He watched her jumped to the side, turning around to face the car that had honked. He jumped at the moment she readied her self and collapsed. He caught right before her knees connected with the ground. He jumped further to the right and into the air, using his right foot. His left foot dangled and was hit by the edge of the bumper as he cleared the car.

He left the part of his foot being hit out of the scenario, and went on to explain what happened on the bench.

"Well that was brave of you," Doctor Takani stated as he finished. "One more question before you leave. What's your name?"

Well is it any good or no. It's a weird beginning I know but I think its sort a cute. Please leave a review stating what you thin, though no flames please.