Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Time Reveals ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own any characters at all got it. The story is mine that's all kkkkkkkkk.

Review Responses:

Momo girl: Well I am glad you like it. You were the only reviewer for chapter 2. Thanks so much.

Kaoru sat in bed with her arms crossed. Her mother had been in her room about 30 times. Her mother was bound to come in once again, `Hopefully that wouldn't be for a while.' Kaoru thought.

"Kaoru dear, I brought you some of my homemade cookies." Her mother entered.

`Guess I spoke too soon.' Kaoru slumped down in her bed and put an agitated look on her face.

"What's wrong dear?" Her mother questioned as she stepped through her messy room, almost tripping on a box.

"I can't believe I have to stay in bed for a week," Kaoru grumbled as her mother finally made it to her bed.

"Dear, you really should pick your room up when you get better."

"I know mother, I know." Kaoru growled as her mother put a cookie in her face. "I can feed myself mom." Kaoru grabbed the cookie and checked the tray. She pouted, "No milk mom.

"Oh dear looks as though I forgot again." Her mother scurried out of the room, trying to step over piles of clothing.

Kaoru looked over the dry chocolate chip cookie, and popped it in her mouth.

Kaoru looked around her room and sighed, `a whole week in bed, I can't even thank the guy who rescued me'.

Kaoru's mom came in with the glass of milk.

"Mom watch out for the...chair"

"OH dear I'm so sorry Kaoru." Her mother tried to hold in a fit of giggles. She had come in too quickly and tripped on the chair leg. The glass of milk slipped out of her hand and landed on Kaoru's head. She sat with her arms out shaking the milk off of them, her head a facing down. She looked at her mom and sighed. She reached up at took the glass off her head and placed it on her end table.

"CAN THINGS GET ANY WORSE?" Kaoru yelled.

"Yeah I could see you, heh." Torn came into the room with his arms crossed, chuckling.

Kaoru cringed as he chuckled. "I thought you had school all day." Kaoru growled as she fisted her left hand.

"Nope, now I can torment you." Torn smiled and ducked as a stuffed dog was thrown at his head. "Temper, temper."

"Temper my ass, get the hell out of my room." Kaoru growled.

"Now children if you can't play nicely I will have to put you in respected corners," Their mother chuckled.

"Can it, Shine," Torn bit at his mother. Kaoru's eyes widened and she pulled the covers over her head.

"What did you just call me young man." Shine said angrily.

"Umm, whoops, heh" Torn smiled. Shine growled and grabbed his ear roughly. "OW! Mom that hurts."

"It better darn well hurt after what you said, I am not one of your two bit friends." Shine stomped down the hallway tugging Torn behind her.

"Mom please I'm sorry." Torn whined as he clawed at the grip on his ear. "No not that. Please not that. AHHHHHHHH."

THUD

Kaoru snickered as she heard her mother slam the bathroom door open and dump her brother in the bath tub. Cold water could be heard directly after that.

"AHHHH, MOM TURN IT OFF TURN IIT OFF PLLLLLLEEAAAAASSSSSSEEE." The water shut off and her mother stomped back to Kaoru's room.

"As soon as your bother gets dried off, he'll help you to the bathroom so you can clean up. Right." She turned around and looked at him.

SLOSH

"Yeah." Torn said as he sloshed into his room slamming the door.

"Umm, mom, are you going to change..."

"I'll change your bedding while you clean up k." Shine smiled and then left the doorway.

`I can't believe she said that all with a smile on her face.' Kaoru thought as she sighed.

Torn came back in, in a black t-shirt and a pair of tight blue jeans. "Why the hell do you need help getting to the bathroom anyway, can't you walk?

"Well in about a week I can." Kaoru lifted the covers from her legs.

"What the hell happen to you?" Torn asked as he sat on the edge of her bed, near her knees.

Kaoru hissed as the bed shifted. She glared at her brother.

"Well?" He asked impatiently.

"Lets see a tall man pushed me into the street, landed on my knees. I stood up and a car was coming at me, jumped outta the way, then another car from the other direction came at me. No time to move and a guy rescued me and hurt his ankle. Three agonizing hours in the nurse's office and well that's all really. Nothing to it." Kaoru smiled at her brother.

He gave her a weird look, "Nothin yeah right." He stood up and picked her up.

Kaoru hissed in pain, and held on to him.

He arrived in the bathroom and put her on the toilet seat. He bent down and started the water, rubbing his lower back a little. He put the plug in and made sure it was too hot for he, then closed the door and left the bathroom.

Kaoru bent down and unwrapped her knees. The bandages stuck to the hurt area and she cringed and owed, till it was all off. `Now how am I suppose to get in the tub hmmm.' Kaoru thought as she looked at the bath filling. `Good thing my mom made me change earlier, or I would be in a world of hurt right now.' She took off her rob and let it fall.

AN HOUR LATER

"Hey mom can you come help me." Kaoru called from the bathroom.

Her mother came in and shut the door. She helped Kaoru out of the bath and into her under garments and robe. "TORN DEAR." Here mother yelled sweetly.

CRASH

"MOTHER!" Torn walked into the bathroom with clay shards on him. "My whole collection fell. You knew I was fixing my shelves."

Shine smiled sweetly at him and left the room. Torn wiped the dust and shards from his shoulders and arms.

"She did that for earlier you know." Kaoru stated as she finished bandaging her knees.

"Yeah I know." Torn ruffled his hair.

"So what broke on your hard head?"

"Ohh nothing important, " Torn said as he picked Kaoru up.

Kaoru shrugged and wrapped her arms around her brother's neck. He walked her back to her room and was just about to place her in her bed.

"Right this way young man." Shine walked in with Kenshin following her. Kaoru gasped and let go of her brother's neck, causing her to be dropped to the bed.

"OWW!" Kaoru cried as she bounced a couple times on the bed. She steadied her self and at up, and brought the blankets over her legs.

"HAAAA, Serves you right," Torn patted her knees and then dodged the punch she threw at him. Kaoru smirked, `He always does that.' She grabbed a pillow and pelted it at his face.

"You miss..."

WHAM

Torn fell backwards as the pillow exploded on his face. He pulled the pillowcase from his face. He glared at Kaoru with a mouth full of feathers. He spit them out, "That's not funny, Kaoru. Kaoru giggled as a feather was stuck to each of his lips. He pursed his lips together, making the feathers look like they were growing out of his mouth.

"Sure it is." Kaoru said snickering. Torn stood up and left the room in an angry huff.

Kenshin watched this episode from the door. `She has that much energy after what happen.' "Hello Miss Kami..."

"Its Kaoru, please. You were Kenshin right." Kaoru questioned as she sat back on her bed.

"Yes." Kenshin nodded and was pushed forward by Kaoru's mom. He looked back at her mother. "Oro," He voiced as she slowly shut the door. Kenshin walked toward the bed slipping and tripping over things, but catching him self before he fell. He was a foot away from the bed when he stepped on a piece of paper, his foot slipped backwards, and he feel forward, bracing his hands on Kaoru's bed. He looked up and saw shimmering blue eyes.

Kaoru gasped as she watched Kenshin fall, his hands went out to catch him. Each one of his hands was on either side of her. She could smell something sweet, her eyes widened as Kenshin's eyes met hers. `We are only inches apart, oh please...'

Well that's all for now I am really tired and need to work tomorrow and well I have evil things coming up. So I will stop there and sorry to those of you that wanted more, gotta leave a cliff hanger sometime huh lol. Also umm sorry if this chapter didn't have any humor I tried really I did, it's just well my brain didn't want to work.