Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ To Hate or To Forgive ❯ Chapter 12 Setteling in ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*sob* I don't own Rurouni Kenshin *sob*
 
Antica: hey guys I'm so sorry for not updating soon, thank you so much for all who reviewed
Battousai: ya ya what's your reason this time?
Antica: it's not my fault Kenshin….the computer's system crashed and I couldn't get my dad to get it fixed until today.
Battousai: really?
Antica: really. Do you think I'll leave my reader and reviewers waiting for so long it I don't have a reason for it?
Kenshin: we understand antica-dono
Antica: thank you…..now I lot of the reviews told me that Kaoru forgave Kenshin a little too soon, I want to explain me reasons for letting her forgive him so soon:
-First of all Kaoru knew how much her father hated her and what did her do to her mother, so she doesn't exactly love her father, she just respected him.
- she forgave him so quickly is because Kenshin asked her to kill him, so she had to choose whether to kill her true love or to forgive him, and as I said she just respected her father, so I couldn't just let her kill the only person who loved her.
Kaoru: that sounds like reasonable reasons for me to forgive him.
Antica: well I hope my readers understand why I let you forgive Kenshin so quickly……anyway here is chapter 12
 
 
Chapter 12 settling in
 
 
 
 
“We defiantly have a lot of work to do” was the first thing Kaoru said when she laid her eyes on her new room
“Then we better get started, I'll go get you another futon from the storage….feel free to look around” said Kenshin before he turned and started to walk away
Kaoru watched him walk in another room across the hall before she picked up her kimono to avoid it getting dirty from the dusty ground, she made her way towards the middle of the room, and then she began to scan the contents of the room, the futon and the curtains were half eaten by moths and dust completely covered every inch of the room.
Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard the door open; she turned around to see Kenshin carrying a futon along with some cleaning supplies.
“So where do we start?”
“I think we should start with the clearing all the dust”
“Alright, you take the old futon out while I start with the floor” she said walking towards him and taking the broom.
“Okay” he said as he picked up the torn futon and placed it outside the room while Kaoru started to sweep the floor.
After placing the new futon in place Kenshin took a bucket and a piece of rag and started to clean the windows, he glanced over his shoulder to see that Kaoru has already finished sweeping with the floor and began to clean the dust off the walls and closet.
Thank you kami for letting me meet such a wonderful women……..and thank you Kaoru for forgiving me for what I have done” he smiled to himself before returning to cleaning the windows.
Meanwhile Kaoru was almost done with the walls when she saw something on top of the small table across the room, she made her way towards it until she could see that it was a picture of a young women.
“This woman is so beautiful…….is this….” Kaoru's thoughts were interrupted when she felt two familiar arms wrap around her waist from behind.
“Kenshin” she whispered.
“Mmmm” was all he said as he started to nuzzle her neck.
“Is this your sister?” she asked.
“Hai” he answered
“I'm so sorry” she apologized as tears began to form in her eyes.
When Kaoru said that Kenshin looked up to see her sad expression, he turned her around so she could look at him in the eye.
“Why are you apologizing koishii?” he asked as he began to wipe her tears.
“I feel that I have to apologize for what my father did to your sister” she explained.
“Kaoru, you shouldn't apologize to me…..my sister soul is now at peace and I'm happy for that…..and I'm also happy that you allowed this unworthy one to love you”
“Kenshin you have always been worthy of me…..don't you dare say that you are not” she said as she buried her face in his chest
“Thank you” he said as he wrapped his arms around her.
They stayed that way for a while before they broke apart and returned to cleaning the room
 
“Finally we're done” said Kaoru after a few hours of cleaning, sweeping, and wiping the room was finally clean.
“Yeah the room is clean although I can't say the same for us” Kenshin said while looking at their dusty bodies “I'll prepare a bath for you Kaoru”
“Thank you Kenshin” she said
“You're going to need these” Kenshin said as he went towards the closet and pulled out a bathrobe and new kimono “I think you're about the same size as Tomoe, so these will have to do”
“Tomoe?” she asked
“Oh Tomoe was my sister's name” he explained as her handed her the clothes
“But….these were her clothes…I wouldn't feel right wearing them” he protested while trying to give the clothes back but Kenshin shook his head.
“You have to wear something koishii……besides these will just be lying in the closet if no one wears them…..they would go to waste”
“Thank you Kenshin”
“I'll go heat up your bath” he said before heading towards the bath house
“Okay”
Kenshin gave her one of his breathtaking smiles before turning towards the bathhouse.
“The bath is ready Kaoru” he said after a little while.
“Thank you Kenshin I won't be long” she said before disappearing into the bathhouse.
Kenshin started at the door for a few moments before going back to Tomoe's old room and began to search the drawers and the closet.
Where is it? I'm sure Tomoe put it somewhere in here” thought Kenshin
After searching all the drawers and the closet Kenshin still couldn't find what was he looking for
Damn where the hell is that thing?” he thought as he scratched the back of his head trying to figure out where Tomoe hid that thing.
Suddenly he finally remembered where his sister used to hide it when he was little, he made his way towards one corner of the room, bent down and removed the floor board only to find the object he was looking for, he reached out and removed the dust from it while fingering it in his hand while a storm of flashbacks invaded his mind.
“Kenshin” Kaoru's voice interrupted him from his thoughts
He quickly stuffed the object in his gi before turning around to find Kaoru dressed in a yellow kimono and green obi.
“Beautiful” he thought as he started at her
“Kenshin is there something wrong?” she asked.
“No nothing is wrong……why would you think something was wrong?” he asked.
“I don't know…..you were staring in space when I came in” she said as she placed a hand on his forearm.
“You don't have to worry koishii…..I'm fine just thinking of how beautiful you looked in that kimono” he said making her blush.
“Thank you Kenshin” she said before giving him a quick kiss on the lips, when she pulled back she saw hints of amber in his eyes
“Ahhh…..Kenshin-” she was interpreted when Kenshin crashed his lips on her for a more heated kiss.
Kaoru gasped in Kenshin mouth, giving him the chance to slide his tongue in her mouth and begin a war against hers, while he had his one of his arms wrapped around her waist and the other on the nape of her neck, he felt worried when she didn't respond to his kiss at first, but relaxed when he then felt her arms wrap around his neck, bringing him closer towards her.
 
A few moments later Kenshin felt and unfamiliar ki approaching the house, he pulled away and started at the door.
“Kenshin what's wrong?” Kaoru stared at him.
He didn't answer her instead he gently pushed her behind him, and unsheathed his sword.
“Someone is out there, stay behind me” he said looking at her over his shoulder.
She nodded then stared at the door which in a few moments swung open to reveal who was outside.
No…..no…..no…He' s back……no I can't believe it……no he can't be back she thought as she looked in horror at the man who stepped in the house.
 
Antica: I think I'll stop here byeee.
Kaoru: wait Antica….please tell me who is that guy who just came in please
Antica: no way….you have to wait for the next chapter like every one else
Kaoru: Kenshin who do you think it is?
Kenshin: whoever it is kaoru-dono, I'll protect you
Kaoru: aww you're so sweet, wait…..KENSHIN STOP CALLING ME KAORU-DONO
Kenshin: ORO
Antica: please review to find out who the mysterious visitor soon, don't worry I'll update a lot faster that this chapter