Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ To Hate or To Forgive ❯ Chapter 19 Fight for the one you love ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Antica: I'm so sorry for the extremely long update
Battousai: you should be sorry…it took you more than 2 months to write this chapter
Antica: I'm so sorry….but I kinda lost my inspiration to with anything and I wanted to make the fight scene perfect
Battousai: finally….I'm gonna kick Enishi's ass
Enishi: we'll see about that Battousai
Antica: well enough chatter…….there's chapter 19…hope you like it
 
Chapter 19 fight for the one you love
Everyone in the room stared dumbfounded at the newly risen Kenshin; Kaoru's body trembled as she unconsciously dropped the dagger from her hands.
“K...K...K...Ken…Kenshin” Kaoru shuttered as she gazed on her beloved who was just standing in front of her, alive and breathing.
Kaoru snapped out of her thoughts, she immediately made a run towards Kenshin, wanting to make sure that he really is standing in front of her, and not some illusion or ghost that came back to haunt her.
“oh no you don't” said Enishi as he reached out to grab her arm, but only succeeding in catching her kimono sleeve, he began to pull her back to him, but Kaoru ducked underneath his outstretched arm and gave him a hard kick in the groin.
Enishi fell down on his knees but kept a firm grip on Kaoru's sleeve, Kaoru however pulled away forcefully tearing the fabric of her sleeve off her kimono, but she didn't care, all that was in her mind was to get to Kenshin.
Kaoru ran until she was standing in front of Kenshin, the two lovers stared at each other, not believing that they are actually alright. Hesitantly Kaoru raised a trembling hand towards Kenshin's face, but stopped suddenly afraid that he may not be real.
“How can I know that this is Kenshin?.......I….I saw this body in front of me…....I may be going insane….and the Kenshin in front of me is only a hallucination….I'm scared to touch him and find out that he really is an illusion thought Kaoru as she started at her hand, which was a hovering couple of inches away from Kenshin's face.
She must feel confused now….I didn't come for her for a long time and I'm sure that Enishi fed her some crap and made her believe that I'm dead….but I have to show her that I am real” thought Kenshin as he smiled down at Kaoru, moving his face closer until her fingers touched the warm skin of his face.
Kaoru eyes filled with tears when she rubbed her fingers on his soft skin before wrapping her arms around his chest.
“You are real” Kaoru said sobbing in his gi.
“Of course I'm real, it will take more than I fire I get rid of me” he said returning her tight embrace.
Too long……it has been too long since I held her like this….god I never want to let her go……” thought Kenshin inhaled the familiar aroma in her hair “jasmine…..God I missed how sweet she smells”
Meanwhile Kaoru's mind was also running around with her thoughts.
He's really here…..he's alive…….I miss being in his arms……Kenshin's alive……he's….” Kaoru's thoughts trailed off as the image of Kenshin's corpse suddenly appeared in the mind.
“Kaoru what's wrong?” he asked tightening his hold on her waist as he felt her stiffen against him.
Kaoru pulled away and started at Kenshin's soft violet eyes, then directed her gaze towards Enishi who has just stood up from the ground after getting over her hard kick
“How?” she asked confused
Enishi chucked before turning lifting his eyes to look at the reunited couple.
“I ordered my men to search for his body when you were still refusing to believe that he was dead…..…but after two days they found nothing…so I thought of another way to make you believe that Kenshin Himura is dead…what you saw was a doll that looked like him……” said Enishi letting out a laugh as he thought of Kaoru's reaction when she saw the fake Kenshin “you actually believed that he was dead….I've finally broken you….now Himura……take your hands of my wife…..so that I can kill you once and for all ” Enishi unsheathed his sword and pointed it at the couple.
“She is not your wife Enishi…..for as long as I live I will never allow you to hurt Kaoru ever again” Kenshin announced as he lifted one arm from around her waist to her shoulder. He tightened his grip on Kaoru's shoulder, making her wince and gasp out of pain.
“Kaoru….what's wrong?” asked Kenshin as he loosed his hold a little, afraid that he will hurt her again. He scanned Kaoru to see is there is anything wrong with her, his eyes froze in the spot at what he found
Kaoru's bandaged arm.
Kenshin stared at her arm in awe as he slowly lifted it up closer to his face, Kaoru kept her head down and stayed silent as Kenshin began to unwrap the bandages her arm with trembling yet gentle hands, when the bandage fell to the floor, Kenshin eyes widened and he couldn't help but gasp.
Kaoru's once smooth white arm now has an ugly long cut, it was still red and Kenshin could see that it was infected.
W…what t...the …hell……..that bastard had the nerve to lay his dirty hands of my Kaoru? He will pay for this….and he will die a slow and painful death” thought Kenshin as his eyes had already turned into raging amber. Kenshin was pissed. Extremely pissed.
He lifted his gaze towards Enishi, who looked almost as pissed as he was.
“You are going to pay for this…..I'll make sure you die a slow and painful death” threatened Kenshin as he gently pushed Kaoru behind him and unsheathed his sword.
“I will accept your challenge” said Enishi unsheathing his own sword. “And how about we make this interesting Himura……the winner takes Kaoru as his wife and the loser dies….what do you say?”
“Kaoru is not some kind of trophy and will not make her a prize for any kind of bet” answered Kenshin
“I knew it. Kaoru you are nothing but a coward…..a weakling that doesn't have the confidence to win back his woman” said Enishi pointing the sword in Kaoru's direction
“I never said that I wouldn't fight you…….I am no coward and I will fight to give you the same amount of suffering that you gave Kaoru” Kenshin pointed out.
“Kenshin…no” yelled Kaoru as she ran back in Kenshin arms “I don't want him to fight….I just got him back….and I don't want to risk losing him again” thought Kaoru as she looked in Kenshin's golden eyes
Kenshin eyes softened as he looked back at Kaoru, he understood why she had fears. “Don't worry, I won't lose and you won't have to marry Enishi” he said as he cupped her cheek before leaning in to kiss her
“Do you love me?” he asked as he pulled away.
“What?” Kaoru's eyes widened, why would he even thing of asking her that when she told him so many times
“Do you?” Kenshin asked again
Kaoru now understood what he was trying to do, he wanted her to have faith, wanted to show her that he will not lose her to anyone
“More that anyone else” she answered.
“Do you trust me?” he asked another question.
“More than I trust myself”
“Then have faith that I will not loss you”
“I do” she said as he placed her hand on his hand that was on her cheek.
Kenshin pushed her back behind him. He gave her one last smile from over his shoulder before turning his amber eyes towards his foe.
The two swordsmen stood opposite to each other, both kis were flaring as they stared the each other for a few seconds before their swords clashed into each other. The battle has begun.
They two warriors broke apart, but their sword came crashing onto each other in a matter of seconds, making sparks fly for the metallic contact from their swords. They broke apart again, Enishi raised his sword above him and thrust his sword downward aiming, but Kenshin managed to dodge the attack and by using his godlike speed he was able to duck under Enishi's arm, slashing Enishi on the side.
Enishi jumped back holding his injured side, but jumped back into battle in no time, Kenshin leaped in the air, landing behind Enishi, aiming to strike him in his back, but Enishi blocked Kenshin's attack while holding his sword with one hand and slashing Kenshin through the chest with a dagger that he kept hidden in his gi making Kenshin cry out in pain before jumping back. Kaoru gasped putting her hands on her mouth when she saw Kenshin fall on one knee to the ground while clutching the hilt of his sword to support himself, his breathing as heavy and she could see that his wound was very deep from the endless rivers of blood pouring from his chest.
“well it seems to me we already know who the winner is” said Enishi turning to look at Kaoru “I told you I was a better man than this weakling….but you didn't believe me, so now you see for yourself the pathetic man you choose to be your lover”
“Kenshin is not a weakling…..he chooses to fight to you fair and square….you're the one who had to pull a cheap trick like that in order to injure him” yelled Kaoru as she clutched her hands in anger.
“It doesn't matter whether or not I fight fair or not…..all that matters is that I am the winner of this fight and you Kaoru are my new wife” smirked Enishi as he began to advance towards Kaoru.
“It…..isn't….over….Enishi” murmured Kenshin slowly getting up.
“Kenshin” Kaoru cried out
“I promised you Kaoru that I will not let Enishi have you……you are mine and I am going to fulfill that promise…so don't worry” said Kenshin as he sheathed his sword and took a fighting stance.
“Mire words Himura……those words will be worthless once your dead” said Enishi as he lunged forward towards Kenshin.
Before anyone could blink, Kenshin unsheathed his sword at an incredible speed that matches the god, and in that one move, he managed to make Enishi's body drop lifeless on the ground. Dead
It's over” thought Kenshin.
“Kenshin…….you won Kenshin” yelled Kaoru as she ran towards her beloved, but stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Kenshin drop his sword and his body began to fall, without thinking, Kaoru rushed to grab Kenshin's body before he could hit the floor, the wound on his chest finally took it's tow on Kenshin and his body was exhausted.
“Kenshin…wake up ……please Kenshin up have to wake up” said Kaoru as she shook his shoulders as tears began to cascade down her cheeks landing on Kenshin's face in her lap.
 
 
Antica: I'm evil aren't I?
Kaoru: why did you have to do that Antica-san…why did you have to hurt Kenshin again?
Antica: I'm sorry…..it's just that it will add more suspense for the readers
Kaoru: is he dead?
Antica: dunno…it's up to the readers
Kaoru: please readers please say you want Kenshin to be alive
Antica: just kidding Kaoru of course he is alive……
Kaoru: thank god…wait how the heck I am going to get out of the hideout…..with all those perverts around
Antica: oh you mean Enishi's men? You'll have to wait until the next chapter…I hope everyone enjoyed the fight scene
Kaoru: please review
 
To all my wonderful reviewer…..I love ya