Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ To Hate or To Forgive ❯ Chapter 18 Memories Recovered ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Antica: I'm so sorry for the extremely long update but I was kinda busy at college
Sano: you always use that excuse…..how are we supposed to believe it this time?
Antica: its true Sano……I had tons of projects to hand in…….but I do have good news
Enishi: ya what's that
Antica: MY SUMMER HOLIDAYS JUST STARTED….WHICH MEANS MORE UPDATES IN THE NEXT 3 MONTHS YAAAAAAAAAAAY
Sano: YES you will finally get to see more updated from you
Antica: ya I know……now I have my final grades to worry about
Megumi: don't worry so much you'll do fine
Antica: thanks…..now here is chapter 18
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Rurouni Kenshin
 
Chapter 18 Memories Recovered
 
Emptiness. That is what Kaoru felt was inside her as her body lay on her bed. Emptiness. Her cheeks were red and were covered with tear stains, she had cried all night. The image of Kenshin's dead body won't go away no matter what she tried. Her heart ached, at first she refused to believe what she saw, her heart didn't want to believe it, but her mind eventually won.
“Kenshin…..you are really dead…..I couldn't believe it at first…but how can I not? When your dead body was presented in front of me like that? Enishi really went too far this time……..I'm afraid to admit it…..Enishi finally broke me…..I'm so sorry Kenshin…but this is too much for me” thought Kaoru choking on a sob.
Kaoru turned her head to stare at a traditional wedding kimono that hung at the other side of the room. She instantly felt disgusted by it as she remembered Enishi bringing it to her room that morning.
Flashback
Kaoru was crying on her knees, Enishi had dragged her back to her room after she hung on Kenshin's corpse, never wanting to believe what is in front of her eyes and not wanting to let go of her beloved. She cried all night long for Kenshin. And in the morning Enishi paid her one of his morning visits. When he entered her room, he found her where he left her, on the floor. Eyes blood red and silent tears were still running down her cheeks.
“I told you he was dead……we would have avoided all that last night…if you have just believed me” he said bitterly.
Kaoru didn't move or responded
“now that I have confirmed that your lover is dead….you are free to marry me…..you are alone in this world now……no one is left for you…..I am the only one who you know…..so you marry me and you wont be alone again” she continued.
After hearing this Kaoru shot up from her spot and threw a deadly glare at Enishi.
“you think that after all the things that you did to me…I would marry you…..you made my father think I had an affair with you…you burned down Kenshin's house…..causing his death…..you kidnap and abuse me in order for me to agree to marry you…….who in hell would marry you after all that…..I would rather be alone that marry you Enishi…so forget it” yelled Kaoru.
“Well…..it doesn't matter if you feel that way….we are getting married this evening”
“W-What?”
“Kanryu managed to find a priest who is willing to marry us even if you aren't willing in exchange of me sparing his life”
“You bastard….I'll never marry you”
“Whether you want to or not….tonight you will be my wife...so you are going to need this” he snapped his fingers and one of his men came in holding in his hands a traditional white wedding kimono. The man hung in up and left the room.
“Wear this when I come to take you to the priest for our wedding” he said as he turned to leave.
“You've got to be kidding” said Kaoru not tearing her eyes from the kimono.
“I'm not…..and by the way….after the wedding consider my belief to not take a woman unwillingly terminated” he said looking from over his shoulder.
Kaoru gasped as she tore her gaze from the dress to stare at Enishi “w-what?”
“Well….you will be my wife and a man has every right to sleep with his wife…doesn't he?” smirked Enishi as he left the room.
End of flashback
 
She forcefully sat up from the bed and swayed towards the closet. She opened it and pulled out a familiar yellow kimono. The very same that belong to Kenshin's sister, she was wearing it when Enishi kidnapped her and burned Kenshin's house down. She clutched it to her chest and sobbed loudly.
“Kenshin….I miss you so much.....I wont marry Enishi……I don't know how I am going to escape here before he forces that priest to marry us…..but I promise you Kenshin…. I will find a way to escape him” she vowed as she moved to place the tattered kimono back in the closet. Suddenly something fell from the kimono and dropped to the floor; Kaoru kneeled down and took the object in her hands.
It's the dagger….the dagger that I hid while I was in my room….I've completely forgotten about it…..baka Kaoru…how could you forget about it….” Thought Kaoru as she stared at the dagger “I can kill Enishi with this…..but my chances are very slim….he may be able to take this out of my hand before I can kill him…..and even if I did kill him…this place is crawling with perverts…..I'm positive that they will take advantage of me when their leader is dead…nothing is there to stop them…….I'll find a use for this…..somehow”
Kaoru heard approaching footsteps coming towards her room, she quickly hid her dagger in her kimono and threw herself on the bed pretending to still be devastated. The door opened and Enishi stepped in, Kaoru turned her head to look at him. She gasped
“You are not ready yet?” asked Enishi raising an eyebrow at her.
“I'll never wear that dress because I will never marry you” she answered him crossing her arms.
“You will wear it…I won't have my women go to her own wedding in a plain kimono” he said walking towards her.
“No I will never be your woman, I am Kenshin's and only Kenshin's” Kaoru said slowly backing away, because she was starting to get sacred a little scared of what Enishi's reaction will be.
Enishi was defiantly furious, he finally reached Kaoru and grabbed her arm in a tight hold, and Kaoru struggled to get out but didn't have the strength to do so.
“I'll teach you to say that name in front of me once and for all” said Enishi as he pulled out a dagger from his pocket.
He pressed the dagger on Kaoru's elbow; and managed to cut her smooth skin. Kaoru cried out but Enishi ignored her and continued to drag the dagger until the cut reached her wrist, careful not to make the wound lethal, it wasn't deep but the cut was long and it began to bleed heavily. Kaoru was screaming from the intense pain that was now in her arm and tears began to fall from her already read eyes.
“Every time you even think of the name Kenshin….remember his wound because I guaranty that you will have more if you mention him again” he said as he threw her sobbing form roughly on the ground.
“I'll leave you to tend to your wound, but I'll be back in half and hour so be ready and dressed when I return” Enishi said as he walked out of the room and slammed the door shut.
Kaoru continued to cry on the floor before her pulled the dagger out of kimono.
“I now know what I can do with his” she thought before standing up and going towards the dresser, where bandages lay in the top drawer.
 
Megumi just finished wrapping Kenshin's head with new bandages. She signed as she watched him laying there. After a few minutes she stood up and walked out of the room, wanting to get dinner started for the children.
“Hey fox…is he going to be alright?” Megumi turned around to find Sanosuke leaning on the side wall with a fish bone hanging on his mouth.
“He is going to be fine” she answered
“Man I never thought….I would reopen his wound like that…..I'm going to have to apologize when he comes to”
“of course you have too….you baka rooster head…..what in the world made you pull a stupid stunt like that when you know he has just recovered” yelled Megumi
“Well….I…..I….” hesitated Sano
“You what” yelled Megumi
“I love you alright” Sano yelled back
“w-what” said Megumi taken back at Sano's sudden confession.
“I love you….I know we fight a lot and you are older than me….but I can't help but love you……I would understand if you don't return my feelings….after all…I'm only a baka rooster head” Sano signed as he turned his back on her.
“well I tried……I told her…..bull…..i shouldn't have told her…..now everything is so messed up….I should probably go now and save myself from the pain of her rejection” thought Sano as he stated to walk towards the gate.
“BAKA ROOSTER HEAD”
Before he knew it, Sano found himself tacked to his back on the ground and Megumi on top of him, kissing him feverishly. Sano stiffened for a moment before returning the kiss just as passionate. Megumi pulled away after a while, looking at the startled young man underneath her.
“w-what was that all about?” asked Sano.
“you are a real baka Sanosuke…..the only reason I hung onto Shinta like that when I saw you is because I wanted to make you jealous” said Megumi, a light blush crept on her checks.
“Jealous?” asked the clueless Sano.
“I love you too……I figured the only way I could make to you confess to me was to make you jealous by hanging on to another guy…and it looks like it worked more than I expected.
“Ya you guessed right…..I just feel sorry for Shinta for bringing him in the middle of all this” said Sano as he caressed Megumi's check before leaning in and claiming her lips in another passionate kiss
Meanwhile inside the dark room, he was laying motionlessly on the futon. Flashbacks were racing in his mind. The first was when his parents died when he was young. The next was him growing up. His sister's smiling face was in very one.
“Tomoe” he murmured unconsciously
Then a new face came in his mind. A man who was in his late forties, Kenshin saw the scene of his sister's death. The further events began to play in his mind. When he challenged the ambassador, befriended and loved a certain raven haired girl. He whispered her name when her face came into his mind.
“Kaoru”
Everything that happened suddenly came to him. Their first kiss, how he killed her father. Taking her to his home, their confessions to each other, Enishi coming and threatening them, The sight of Kaoru as she was being held by his men watching his burning house with him inside it, Everything.
I…..I remember everything now……Kaoru…..oh shit……KAORU……I have to get to her before Enishi…..” his thoughts trailed off at the thought of what Enishi could do to his Kaoru
His eyes snapped open, Kenshin shot up in bed but the intense pain in his head made him cry out. In a few seconds, Megumi, Sano and Dr. Genzai came rushing through the door.
“Shinta…..you shouldn't move…..you are still recovering” said Megumi as she tried to push Kenshin back to the futon but he held out his hand to stop her.
“My name is not Shinta…..it's Kenshin Himura” he said turning to look at their surprised faces.
“What?” asked Dr. Gensai.
“I remember everything now…..my name is Kenshin Himura” repeated Kenshin
“Did it had to do with that punch I gave you?” asked Sano
“I believe it did…I have to thank you Sano….so thank you” smiled Kenshin as he got up from the futon.
“Where are my sword and my horse?” he asked
“I'll go get them for you….but why do you need them?” asked Megumi
“There is someone I have to save…she may be in danger…..please I have to go save her” explained Kenshin
“Is she the same girl who owns that ribbon tied to you hand?” asked Sano
Kenshin looked down at his wrist, where Kaoru's ribbon was securely tied. He raised it to his face and inhaled the jasmine scent in it.
“Yes….it is” he answered
“Who is she Kenshin?” asked Dr. Genzai.
“He is the girl I love…… more than my own life and right now she needs me more than anything” he answered.
“Can you tell us what happened?” asked Megumi
Kenshin signed and started to explain everything very quickly to the people in front of him, he wanted to get to Kaoru as soon as possible.
“I'll go get your things Kenshin” said Megumi as she walked out of the room, the others followed, leaving Kenshin to his thoughts
“Kaoru….” He whispered as he started at the ribbon on his hand “I cant believe I forgot about you….about us……..who knows where Enishi must have taken you…….what is he doing to you right now koishii……that bastard better not have harmed one hair on her head….or else he will get to feel what hell is like” he thought as he stood up and stepped out of the room.
He saw Sano and Megumi standing next to his horse, as Sano placed the saddle on its back while Megumi held his sword.
“Thank you so much for all you've done…..but I have one question I have to ask” said Kenshin when he reached them.
“What is it? Do you need any help? Because I can sure use a good fight” Sano suggested.
“No…this is my fight Sano…but thanks for the offer….I wanted to know if anyone knew the location of the gang leader named Enishi” said Kenshin
“Your girl is with Enishi?” asked Sano surprised.
Kenshin just nodded his head.
“Oh man Kenshin you sure have a tough fight ahead of you” said Sano
“I know that Sano….however…I have to get Kaoru back…no matter what” said Kenshin clutching the ribbon in his hand.
“Okay then…..I used to be on the bad side of the law…so I know where he lives.....it's just 10 minutes south out of town…..you can't miss it” Sano pointed out
“Thank you” said Kenshin
“Be careful” said Megumi handing him his sword
Kenshin nodded as he strapped his sword on his belt and mounted his horse before talking out at an excessive speed. His eyes started to turn into bright amber.
Wait for me Kaoru….I'm coming”
 
Meanwhile Kaoru had just finished bandaging here wound, her half an hour was up and Enishi would be here any minute. As expected she heard his footsteps coming towards her room so she quickly hid her dagger in her sleeve.
“You're still not dressed?” asked Enishi as he opened the door revealing Kaoru who was still dressed in a plain green kimono.
Kaoru didn't say anything; she just stood in her place staring angrily at Enishi.
“Well…..it doesn't matter anymore…..I don't care if I have to drag you to our wedding in this plain kimono…..we are getting married now” he said grabbing her arm and dragging her into a huge hall.
“oh no……I have to get the dagger out before it's too late” thought Kaoru as she struggled to get her arm free so she would be able to get to her dagger but she couldn't, Enishi continued to drag her until they were in the front of the hall, they stood in front a priest.
“Start the ceremony, get us married” Enishi ordered the prism, who was too scared to protest.
Still struggling, Kaoru finally managed to get her arm free, and then she took the dagger out of her sleeve and aiming it at Enishi.
“Don't even try to resist Kaoru my men will grab you before you can strike me” he said snapping his fingers making his men came closer to Kaoru so that they could grab her.
“Don't come any closer or I swear by my father's grave that I will kill myself” she said turning the dagger towards her heart.
“Kaoru wait, we can talk about this” Enishi said realizing that she was serious; he started to come closer to her so he could get the dagger away from her.
“Stay back, there is no point in my life without Kenshin” she said
“this is it……I cant live my life without Kenshin……I would rather die than get married to Enishi……Kenshin….I'm coming my love…..wait for me” she thought as he raised the dagger and started to bring it towards her heart.
“KAORU” a voice stopped her just before she could kill herself, she turned towards the door, and her eyes widened when she saw Kenshin, who has just come back from the dead and stormed in the hall.
 
Antica: you know I love to stop at evil cliffhanger…so it will be no surprise to stop here
Battousai: HEY why did you stop here? I wanted to kick Enishi's butt for what he made Kaoru go through
Antica: don't worry you've get that chance in the next chapter…..oh Enishi….I'm so sorry I had to make you mean again
Enishi: no problem Antica
Sano: I certainly loved this chapter….hehe I got some fox loving
Megumi (hits Sano on the head): Baka rooster head
Antica: the next update will be out as soon as I finish it…..till then bye
 
 
I LOVE MY REVIEWERS