Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Where is true love? ❯ Chp 1: Where is true love? ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
Author: are-en1
 
Title: Where is true love?
 
Disclaimer: Well, if I own Roruni Kenshin I would never write a fiction rite? I would laid down and take all those good commission from all those fabulous fan's who bough my Manga, VCD's or DVD's but I'm not am I? -Sigh- But it was such a nice dream too. Right…. On with the story!
 
Summary: “I can't help but wonder, is he truly inlove with me?” -Kaoru. Where is the true love lies between two people? She was truly happy when the men of her dream proposed to be a couple. But how long would she realize that opposite not always attract to each other? She was the sun that shine like the spring time while he was as cold as winter season. Will they make this together and have a happy ending or heartbreaking is waiting for them at the end of it? [1/2]
 
 
A/N: NOPE. The pairing will not be told until the 2nd chapter. Hehehhe, I keep that as a surprise!!
Well, I… have nothing to say. Mainly it will be Kaoru POV and as usual MAJOR I mean MAJOR ENGLISH ERROR since English was NOT my main language. Reviews are welcome but NO flames please. I still have to deal with after effect of the flames I got from pervious story I have made. Die flames DIE!! Where is the ice when I need one?
 
 
“Talk”
 
`Thinking'
 
[Day/Time]
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------
 
 
Chapter 1: The beginning, the cakes fight and… the end…?
 
 
There is nothing more truly is a happier moment in a girl lives when the men that you dream off asked you this question:-
 
“Kamiya-san, will you be my girlfriend?”
 
Well, except the question will be your name or your family name first. Which ever may came first depends on the way he want it.
 
Anyway; that question surely caught me off guard as I almost trip at the none existence stone on our polish school tiles but I caught myself before I could make a fool out of myself. Its makes me blink, once; twice; and blink blink blink again to make sure that I had heard it right and not made up from my hopeless dream just to torture me cruelly early in the morning. When I see that he did not move from his spot I can feel something crunch in my stomach and butterfly start dancing inside of me. And all I can ask my self this time is, `Did I hearthat right?' So I choked my next words, “Ex-excuse me” And I know that sound pathetic even to my ears.
 
Oh the horror, has the Kamiya Kaoru that known with furious-ness shuttered? Loss of words? Being an idiot? Oh the world was going to an end!
 
The men, who taller a few feet then me but have a slim and build body; stiff for a while before his pair set of very lovely deep blue eyes that hidden behind his long silky raven bangs look at me intently. A small sigh softly flew from his natural red color lips, “I asked if you will like to be my girlfriend Kamiya-san?”
 
I can feel my check burn with embarrassment. The butterfly in my tummy were flying and dancing and I swear they trough a wild party inside there and my heart thumping…
 
Thump thump thump
 
In a fast pace that I have to take a deep breath to steady my breathing `Oh be still my heart' I scold myself and my check burn when I notice I was just acting silly. Yeah, silly lovesick high school girl fools. “Su-sure, I would love too Shinamori-san” Inside I was screaming `YES!!!' and hop up and down making the happy silly dance that I create since child to dance if something good happened to me. Such as this. “But-but you can called me Kaoru if, if we are going to be a- a-” I did not finish the sentence because I can feel my check burn brighter that even the tomato will be envious.
 
“A... than is proper if you should call me Aoshi in return isn't it?”
 
“H-hai” And I want to die.
 
It was so lame…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------
 
 
[A week latter]
 
 
“Aoshi” I called happily as I skip in my steps towards him.
 
The person I called stops in his track and turn slowly towards me. His face did not show any emotion and he spoke clamly to me, “Yes Kaoru?”
 
I blush, I like the way my name roll from his tongue. It makes my body tingling. I smiles widely when I see he wait patiently for me, “Well, I was wondering if we can get back together today. I know this awesome ice cream polar at the park and I think we can… you know, spend a time together” `I want to know what your favoriteice-creamare. I want to learn everything about you' I thought silencely. Not that he will know my true attention is.
 
His eyes glint something for a moment that you could not tell if that was a trick from the light or not before it despaired into the calmness state as he answer me coldly, “No”
 
My jaw drop low, “No? Again? This is the 7th time I asked you to date me but you say no. We been together for a week and not once we got out for a date” I whine childishly. I know I shouldn't act like that, but I can't help it. He ALWAYS busy. I only want to spend a little time or two with him.
 
He eyes calmly looks at me then sigh softly again, “Today we have meting between school about the upcoming sport competition and it's even. I am busy Kaoru”
 
“Aoshi-san, there you are. I come to tell you that the meting starting soon. Are you coming?”
 
I look behind him, there, at the end of the hallway stood beautiful women, she have luxurious raven hair tie into low ponytail style. Walking elegantly and with dignity that every women wish to poses… to us. She is a little higher than me, probably because she is the senior and the same age as my Aoshi. As she smiles her small smiles you can see that she how womanly and reserve she is, you can even see how bloody red her red lipstick lips were. Her face and skin as fair as snow white and there is no pimple in her fair skin. She had a pair of hunted almost dark brown eyes that give me the shivers every time she smiles at me.
 
I am not jealous. I AM NOT!!
 
………
 
Ok, maybe a little. And the fact that she can spend all the time with Aoshi irks me to no end. Well, who can blame her? She is after all the secretary to the Student council.
 
I growl lowly as I feel Aoshi pat my head like I was a child or something.
 
“Don't be mad Kaoru. We date next time alright? I am busy” I bat his hand and he move it swiftly. Without turning back, he walks towards the girl known as Yukishiro Tomoe.
 
I can feel like I am turning to a green eye monster and glare envyly as I watch as he interacts calmly beside Tomoe. I can even see a little small to what so ever she said to him and can't help but feel a deep pang in my heart because the way he treat her. `Sometimes I think she acted more like his girlfriend than me' I pout angrily and stomp childishly before I turn and headed for the next class.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------
 
 
[The next day]
 
`Is he really thoughtI am his girlfriend?'
 
That was the question that have been play in my mind since yesterday. The question plays over and over again in my head and I ponder in which area did he treats me that makes me feel like a special person to him?
 
Come to think of it, he did not treat me anywhere since we become official. Heck we barely even see each other. We did not talk on the phone. Well, I DID call him but usually he only says a few words when we were talking like:-
 
“Ah” and “Hmmm”.
 
When we met face to face I am the only one do the talking and truth to be told it irked me sometimes. I think he need more time to warm up to me, but come on, is been a week. And you think I can pull more than this? :-
 
“ah~” “Yes” “Uh hm” ?
 
But what makes me mad is that usually our meeting or `Dating time' always been cut short because now and then people will call and drag him to one called `meeting'
 
I smack my head on the table and know my friend look at me weirdly, `We look like a FRIEND than boyfriend girlfriend' I smack my head again. This silly though really get onto my nerves.
 
I stop banging my head on the table when I notice one of my friends ready to bolt out of the class and probably fetch the teacher thinking I am insane and that makes me smiles sheepishly at the attention I got from the WHOLE class who have this `Are-you-ok-girl?' look in their eyes. Talk about embarrassing yourself.
 
Rubbing the back of my head and wave at them like nothing happened; they just shrug and continue on. I sigh and then feeling a little sleepy I rub my eyes to get rid of the sleeping dust. I feel my eyes and body sag with exhausted tired-ness because the lack of sleep I'm getting lately. I am worry of his attention to me. We have not had ONE official date yet. `Is he really caresfor me?'
 
NOW I know I can't sleep tonight too. Why I torture my mind so?
 
“Kaoru, there a men here to see you”
 
I snap to reality, `A men? Who is it? Could it be-?' My heart flutter at the though of ONE men, `Aoshi?' With giddy feeling I skip my steps to the class door. “Aosh-Oh, hello-”
 
My shoulder slump automatically. Is not the person I want to see. But that doesn't mean I should be rude so I put a fake smile.
 
“He-hello Kamiya-san… I'm sorry to bother you but… here” He bows suddenly that took me by surprise and thus a white envelope to me in such a rush. His face burn with redness that makes me wonders if he comes down with a fever.
 
It took me a second to realize the latter still in his hand, hesitantly I reach it and couldn't help but be concern when I see how red his face turn into, “Hey are you ok?” `Please don't faint and come down with afever please don't faint and come down with a fever!' I chanted in my mind. The last thing I need is drag some student unconscious to the nurse.
 
“Ah, ah d-d-don't m-m-mi-mind me” He shutter but smiles again. Too cheerfully in my opinion anyway. I mean, his smiles widen almost like it will tear his check when he watch me took the latter. My eyes trailing to his profile and I watch he shifts in his spot nervously.
 
I notice that he have a nice raven hair though not as silky as Aoshi though. And he a little short from Aoshi but a few inch taller than me. But what makes me staring or gawking is that he has a nice pair of blue eyes. While Aoshi is like a depth of the Ocean, his was like the clear blue waves of the ocean or the sky more appropriate. Somehow he makes me at ease when he keeps smiling… and… is that sweat that I saw dropping from his chin?
 
`He was nervousduh!' I mentally kick myself because of my lack of observation, “Oh, urm, you are?” I swear I never met him before. My memory was not THAT lack. Usually I can remember my friend names. He seems new though. Transfer student?
 
“Oh I am Seta Saojiro” He smiles.
 
“Right, Seta-san. What-”
 
“Good evening Kaoru-dono”
 
I did not get to end my sentence when I heard my name being called from familiar red-head from my right, “Hey Kenshin-san. What up?”
 
Himura Kenshin is a guy that I know trough Aoshi. Seems like he is his a dear friend who also happened to be one of the Student council that have unusual hair style. Not only he has a shoulder length hair but it was firely red. And if you look closely you can see that his eyes are lavender, or purple. I can never understand how one can get that rare eye color. Once I asked him if he wears contact lens, but he says that it was natural color. And though he is smaller than Aoshi and ever other students that I've usually known, this guy is very humble and polite and has a huge fan club. I wonder if he has a girlfriend yet?
 
In his hand was a plastic bag contains something. I see he grin cheekily at me, “Aoshi said to gives this to you since he will be busy today”
 
I watch as the plastic bag said [Akabeko Sweet House] and took the bag from him, I smiles at him, “Arigato Kenshin, what this?”
 
He surge politely and bow a little before he excuse himself saying that he late to attend a meeting and leaves.
 
I peak inside the bags and manage to see a square pink box; tie with huge red ribbon inside the bag. With one hands holding the bags ear I drop the latter inside the plastic bag intent to read it latter, I was more interested on what Aoshi was giving to me so I fumble with the ribbon before opening the lids. `Hmm, what could Aoshi giveme?'
 
“Ano-Kaoru-san”
 
I heard Saojiro voice in the back and snap my attention back to him “Oh urm, Seta-san. I-” I was about to acknowledge his present when I gaps once I open the lids. Inside was a beautiful marble cake decorated with small red cherry. The rest of what Seta-san said to me was unheard as I stare lovingly at the cake.
 
“Kaoru-san?”
 
That snap me to reality and I turn to Seta-san and smiles appogiticly. “I'm sorry Seta-san. What are you trying to say?”
 
I see his shoulder slump a little, before he put the smiles again. “Nothing Kamiya-san. Anyway I should be going now. Please read the latter” He added the last part hesitance-ly before he runs away.
 
I look at him curiously but then shrug at his odd behavior. I could swear the cheeriness in his voice has dropped a little. Right now what in my mind is how thoughtful of Aoshi. He remember I like cake so much, the cake always can cheer me up no matter what. I can't help it if I have sweet tooth. And the cake was my favorite among the sweets.
 
It was nice of him to bough it for me. I return back to class to gather my bags and clean my desk to leaves. The school rang signal that the school is end for today. I sneakers as a though cross my mind. I want to surprise Aoshi and maybe talk to him. Seeing that he will be busy for us to go anywhere.
 
`Boy, will he be surprise when I turn out. Just imagine me and him, just the two of us eating cake in the student council room' I chuckle at that though. I guess I am the person that easy to please. Or any case, a hopeless dreamer. Just a simple cake manage to makes me forgive all his behavior this week and makes my day.
 
I look at the door where there are white papers that have large writing that said…
 
STUDEN COUNCIL ROOM - Enter WITH permission.
 
I shrug it off. I would be excuses right? After all, I am the girlfriend of the head of council. Surely they understand.
 
“Aoshi” I smiles and turn the door-
 
To found that the room is empty.
 
“Hmm, maybe he had been caught up in that meeting again?” I shrug when I see no one is here. I put the plastic bag and its content near the nearest table. “Man, what a mess here. Didn't they know how to keep the room clean and how will they find anything in this mess” I look around; you can see books are every where and a lot of paper and files screath open ontop of the tabel. “Hmmm… I wonder, I can help clean it up while waiting for him can't I? I bet Aoshi will be please when he saw the room clean”
 
With that, I took the broom and glance to my right where the is a door that says…
 
`FILLING ROOM'
 
I decided to start from there. I look inside and gaps as I see the mess, “Oh well, the sooner I get it the sooner I finish” I smiles as I start cleaning the room.
 
[Few hours latter…]
 
I pick up the last box and put it at the end of the corner of the room. “Phew, that the last of it” I smiles. It seems my back hurt from doing the heavy job but I know Aoshi will thank me for it.
 
“I never know how I can stand will all this meeting”
 
My body froze at that voice. Even it mumbles because the owner was beside the door I know that voice by heart and my smiles grew widen, `Aoshihas return?' The anticipation of wanting to see him grew. `Good, I really want to surprise him anyway' I finish re arrange the last box and dusk a little hear and there to makes my looks look presentable before I pull the door hurriedly,
 
“Aoshi surprise!! Let's us eat the cake together!” I shout as I emerge from the door.
 
Just to feel my heart stop at my lunge and drop way way way way down to the end of my feet.
 
There is Aoshi alright, as handsome as always and he was chewing a slice of cake that I have brought here earlier. But what makes my heart stop is opposite him is sits Tomoe. And she was eating a slice of the cake too. Both look stunt to see me there.
 
“Kaoru? What are you doing here?” Aoshi face as not as please that I though he would be when he saw me there. “You bough this cake here? I though Kenshin forgot to give this to you”
 
I can't hear what he wants to say to me because my eyes fix on the cake that already half eaten. My heart clenches tightly seeing this.
 
“And what are you doing here, student are not permitted to enter this room without permission didn't you read that? Beside that room fill with secret files. Kaoru are you listening to me?”
 
As I watch this screen I can't help but feel betrayed as I watch them eat my cake. My heart whisper painfully `That'smy cake' Too deep inside my pity I almost miss what Tomoe said next.
 
“Aoshi don't be too serious. Is not like she does it on purpose. I think she want to help” Tomoe cut a piece of cake and put on an empty plate, “Here Kaoru, the cake was delicious and forgive Aoshi for scolding you” She smiles sweetly while handed the cake to me.
 
And something inside of me ticked like a time bomb seeing her being nice to me like this.
 
“That was MY cake ALONE” And at that time I don't know what have posses me to do it, but I did something that I did that never cross my mind before.
 
I slap Tomoe.
 
More like I flung the offering cake aside and THEN I slap her.
 
Maybe because the pressure I have been lately, maybe because I lack of sleep or maybe Aoshi scold me or the fact that Tomoe pretend like it was nothing big that trigger the action. Blame all those factor.
 
Whatever it was the excuses is, I did not regret even one of it.
 
And she falls hard to the floor. Her eyes widen in disbelieve by my action.
 
Yes, sweet dear Kaoru who known not to bare hatred for anyone just slapping the secretary of Student council moment ago.
 
Something hot at the point boiling burns my eyes when I see Aoshi in slow motion rushes to Tomoe side in a hurry. “Are you hurt?” I watch breathlessly as he cradle her gently like she made from a porcelain doll! His face was so worry as he watches for any injure that I've made.
 
In a distance I can hear something heart crack and a little piece of something falls in the ground, but I can see nothing crack and broken except- `My heart' when I saw the regret in Aoshi face. This whole weak I'm with him, never ever once I saw he is full of emotion as he was now. I can feel warm liquid gathering at the end of my eyelids and threaten to falls. But what makes my heart froze is what I saw next, he turn to me with eyes that can froze the entire room and I feel my breath stop at the top of my lunge.
 
“Kaoru, what were you thinking?” He raises his voice at me,
 
It starlet me seeing him full with anger. NEVER. NEVER ever in MY entire life as long as I see and heard about Aoshi from all the people know that he can rise voices and stare coldly at me.
 
ME!
 
“Entering the room without permission” His voice brought me back to the situation I'm in, “Now hitting Tomoe. You should be punish by clean the school ground for 2 weeks for your action” His voice was so cold and it makes my heart clench in pain.
 
My mind spinning with what he said, he surely did not mean that!
 
But when I see his blue eyes that narrow with something that I could have not read, I know he was telling me that I will not go un punish with my action.
 
I can feel my heart break more when I see how tender he was holding Tomoe hand that probably splint from the falling, he never done that to me. He always stays cool and collects around me all the time. All I want is to spend a little time with him. And this is the thanks that I got? I can hardly breathe and my head was spinning. “If-if you want to eat the cake with her, then why you bough it for me?”
 
“For god sake Kaoru, is just a cake!” He snap
 
“Is not!” I shout back, “Is not… for me” I whisper brokenly. Tears slowly falling down from my lids and I can feel my eyes burn hotly. I can't help it, how can he understand it? Is not about the cake, is about from WHOM the cake from. The cake is from HIM, he buy that for me. He buys it from his money for me. So that makes the cake special. HE was supposed to share it with me. He bough that cake for me. Not Tomoe. Not anyone else but ME!
 
I know that sound selfish but we never date. And I consider this as a pre-date where he buys the food and we can share together. Sure it was nothing extravaganza but that will do. I'm not asking much. Just a little time for us spends it together.
 
It was suppose to be the two of us sharing the cake.
 
Not with Tomoe!
 
He cares for her more than I think he does. Otherwise why didn't he not even bother to ask me first? “You don't understand” I whisper again brokenly.
 
He look at the ground before he turn back up to me, “You were right. I don't understand you. And I think I we shouldn't be together when we don't understand each other.” He sigh, “I feel tired sometimes with you Kaoru-”
 
I snap, that was the last straw and the tears I held fell freely now at his words, “I'm sorry if you feel that tired with my action and attitude. I think you were right. We shouldn't force each other anymore. I think is time we… broke up” And I ran pass him. I did not know if he was happy or as sad as I am because I did not want to see the reaction on his face.
 
“Kaoru! Wait! What are you doing? Go and chase her Aoshi!”
 
That all I heard before I turn at the end of the hallway. But I did not care as my heart is breaking into million pieces. I ran pass the hallway into the field. I only stop when I reach the solitude area in the school that I know. I crunch down and cry my heart out. I can't help but feel my heart clench tightly when the reality sinks in…
 
Is all over now
 
“Kamiya? Kao- Kaoru-san. Are you ok?”
 
I look up and I saw the used to be smiling face is now fill with concern, “Seta-san?” And I can't help but feel my heart sinking even more. Why can't it be him? Why didn't he came to me and explain things. Say is going to be alright? That he really loves me?
 
Seta-san hesitance for a while before he handed a hand to help me up and pass me a packet of tissue.
 
I took it and with broken voice asked him, “What are you doing here?”
 
“I'm sorry Kaoru, but I heard it all”
 
I looked surprise, I was sure there was no one else there. “You-you were?”
 
“Kaoru, what I want to ask earlier is that… would you be my girlfriend? I promise I will not hurt you like he did. I know this is not the right time but Kaoru; can you give me a chance? I can't promise that I can heal all your pain but I will try. What I promise is that I will treat batter than him, you deserved more than that”
 
“Oh Seta-san. This-this is so sudden” And I can feel the tears running freely again.
 
And he surprises me by taking me to his arms and embraces me like a friend would.
 
“I'm sorry. I shouldn't ask you at a time like this but I hate the way he treat you. You don't have to tell me now. But will you consider about it?”
 
I did not answer. How can I answer such a trivia question when I know deep in my heart that it was already taken? How can I give him the piece of my broken heart when I already give them all to that person just that the person did not know it and he did not even return back my heart?
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------
 
~Owari of the 1st chapter~
 
A/N: Tadaaa… Finally I make another story. So how was it? Bad? Worse? I deserved a beating and should not write again? [Insert horror face here] anyway, leave an R&R (no, not Rest and Relax station hahahhaha is Read and Review lol) and I will be back bwahahhahahaha [Insert hunted background music here]
 
 
Last post: 14 August 2006