Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Where is true love? ❯ Chapter 2: The explanation, a new boyfriend…. Do what the heart told you to! ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

maAuthor: are-en1
 
Title: Where is true love?
 
Disclaimer: Reffer to chp. 1
 
Summary: “….. Don't pretend everything is alright Aoshi. I was talking about Kaoru” I jump, surprise to hear the banging sound of desk against something hard. What this? “You can't run forever Aoshi. You have to come clean with Kaoru. If you continue like this, she also will suffer”. His cold voice drift inside the room, “Even you did not tell me, I was going to confront her today”. `I don't want to, even I am the one who says that we should break off. But I didn't mean it' something wet drip from my eyes as I run away from the place. `But I DON'TWANT TOBREAK OFF!' ~2/2~
 
 
A/N: Sadly no one review my fic. That ok, I have no one read this junk yay!!! And ok, The pairing is UP!!! And is the final chapter too. Yay me, =Akhem= you want to know the pairing NOW? Read on until the end bwahahhaha. My alert to all readers? IF there is any hahhahaha I wanna just finish this fic anyway ooookkkk on with the show oh and urm the POV will change from time to time and MAJOR ENGLISH ERROR bwahhahahahahahha
 
 
“Talk”
 
`Thinking'
 
`Imagining/Dream world'
 
[Day/Time/POV/Place]
 
 

 
Chapter 2: The explanation, a new boyfriend…. Do what the heart told you to!
 
[Kaoru POV]
 
Break off.
 
What a simple two words to say, yet it scar me deep in my heart. Even I am the one that utter it. It still hurt me when I think about it
 
Sigh.
 
As a punishment because of what I have done…
 
I have to clear the school ground for two weeks because my pervious action.
 
“Hey, isn't that girl that enter the Student council room without permission, people say she was cleaning the filling room.” A boy pointed to me while walking with her girlfriend
 
The girlfriend, who have a long green hair stop a second to scan me before whisper LOUDLY to her boyfriend ear, “I heard she was ex Aoshi-sempai. And rumors said that day she was cleaning the room is that she actually going to stole the next examination paper to sold out. But get caught instated”
 
A girl nearing them, looks like a snobby friend of hers talk rather rudely, “I heard she hit the Tomoe-sempai and that's why she got the detention”

”That girl is a tomboy. Don't you know she practice Kendo. Kendo! When girl suppose to arrange flower and stuffs, not doing something boyish like playing with a wooden sword” The green hair girl whisper back.
 
Stupid people. If you want to gossip make it louder so the whole town can hear it, why don't you? I scream inside my head. I watch as they trough me a hateful glance. Great, the whole school already know about me and Aoshi by now. I can feel the tears starting at the end of my lids. Furiously I wipe it away.
 
`No, I can't cry. Kamiya Kaoru does not crylike a crybaby'
 
`Kamiya line is strong and proud' My father wisdom words drift to my ears like a soothing mantra to my heart. And those encourage me to keep strong and held my head up proud at a time like this.
 
“Kaoru-san”
 
I turn at the happy sound and smiles, “Sao-chan, what are you doing here?” I have explain to Saojiro that I can't be his girlfriend the next day after the breaking with Aoshi. Not when the wound still fresh. So, he agrees that we stay as friend terms. He is the only one who did not turn his back from me the day the gossip sprung fast around the school. Everyone else shoot me this hateful look because the thing I did to Tomoe-san.
 
Is not their fault. They did not know the entire story anyway. And I doubt they will give me that chance to explain it anyway.
 
“I come to help.” Come Saojiro cheerful voice that snap my musing.
 
“Oh Sao-chan, that was unnecessary” I was touch. He really is a good friend.
 
I watch as he already stuff most of the falling lives inside the black bag, “No problem. This is your last day in detention ne? The sooner we finish this the sooner you can get out.”
 
And I couldn't help but smiles at his kindness, “Arigato Sao-chan”
 
“No problem Kao-chan”
 
And we bend together to collect the last batch of the leaves I gather earlier.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
 
 
[Aoshi POV]
 
His blue eyes watch as the boy known as Seta Saojiro helps Kaoru gathering the leaves into the black bag. He knows this is the last day she in detention. Yet he did not plan to approach her until today. Even after all that has happened.
 
“Aoshi, this proposal here…. Aoshi?”
 
A light punch landed on his shoulder. Manage to move him a bit, he blinks once before altering his attention from the window to the annoying chicken head man that stood behind him “What do you want Sagara?” Rising one eyebrow, annoyance at his interruption.
 
“We are discussion about this new proposal here. What are you watching at?” The men known as Sanosuke Sagara smirk at Aoshi.
 
“Nothing. The meeting end here. Dismiss, I will see the proposal tomorrow” Was his cold and clam replay.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
 
 
[Kaoru POV]
 
`Is been two weeks sinceIlast metwithAoshi…' Kaoru thought mournfully. She really did miss him though, `Is true that I did avoid him in any way necessary but that doesn't mean that I did not miss him all this week' She took two black bag and ready to walk at the burning place at the back of the school. Saojiro already went ahead and took the last four bags, saying that he will start the fire for her.
 
“….. Don't pretend everything is alright Aoshi. I was talking about Kaoru”
 
BANG
 
I jump, surprise to hear the banging sound of desk against something hard. What this? I hide behind the wall in a quick agility that I did not know I've posses, `Ark! Am I ears dropping? OMG!! But what Aoshi and Tomoe talkingabout? Talkingabout me? For what?'
 
“You can't run forever Aoshi. You have to come clean with Kaoru. If you continue like this, she also will suffer” Tomoe voice soften.
 
And my heart tick faster when I notice that I was indeed ears dropping the conversation the only a wall separate me from the Student council room, `Well, is not my fault they talk loud while the window is opento the public. And what is all this has to do with me?' My curiosity is growing especially when my name is mention at the same sentence. I am eager to know what the conversation is about, until I heard his voice across the room.
 
His cold voice drift inside the room, “Even you did not tell me, I was going to confront her today”.
 
`Did he… finallywant to officially break off from me?' My face turns to horror as I feel the urge run away. And after from her hiding place. The black bag lay forgotten.
 
All this time her mind relay back what he said, `He wants to confront me today. I don't want to;even I am the one who says that we should break off. But I didn't mean it. He did not officially announce that he wants to break with me, so now he want to confront me and break off officially?' something wet drip from my eyes as I run away from the place. Only one thing that cross my mind the whole time :-
 
`But I DON'TWANT TOBREAK OFF!'
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
 
 
[Class Room]
 
 
His voice were cold and uncaring as he stare at me with his blue ice eye, “I'm breaking off with you”
 
 
`No, I don't want to hear that wordsfrom him' I was crying inside. I know it. I can feel the hot wet tears trailing from my eyes and wetting my face like a broken damped.
 
“School is finish. Don't you wanna go home Kaoru?” A boy voice drift near me.
 
I don't know who is it because my mind is so messy with what I heard before so I ignore him instated. I can feel my shoulder shaking as I suppress my sobbing sound as not to alert others. I don't think they know I was crying because I have my arms on top of the desk curl to one side while I hide my sobbing face in the inside of the arms. They probably thought I was sleeping or something. But how can I go home like this anyway? The feel of something akin to acid coming up from the deep of my stomach and rising at the top of my lung is painful but I press it, the last thing I want in my miserable day is to barf and pull attention to me.
 
“Excuse me but did you see Kaoru?”
 
“Oh hey Aoshi-sempai. You looking for her? She should be inside-. Strange, have she left? I was sure she was in her desk a moment ago”
 
I gaps for a depth breath, that was too close. I hide beside my table as soon as I heard his voice. Lowering my head I chanted `Please don't see me' over and over again. I'm not ready to see him. Not now, not when I was in wreck condition like this.
 
“Is ok”
 
I heard Aoshi talk back to my class friend
 
“If you found Kaoru tell her I will be waiting at Akabeko Sweet House. I don't know if we ever met but I WILL NOT leave that place until you came!” His voice rising a bit and after that I heard his footsteps move further away from my classroom.
 
“Errr, Aoshi-sempai, who are you talking too?”
 
So he DID know I was hiding, I can feel the tears running freely again. I guess there no other way to hold it any longer. Batter to end it sooner than latter. Before he hurt me more, maybe I should…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
 
 
[Akabeko Sweet House]
 
 
“This is Seto-chan. He is my new boyfriend. Between us is over, please don't look for me” There! I said it. I watch as no emotion what so ever cross his face. He did not say anything since I arrive. He stood from the chair he sat and took his bag flung it to his shoulder and walk away.
 
Just like that.
 
There were no hints of emotion in his face at all. And that breaks more of my heart than I expected.
 
I guess, this is the perfect solution to both of us.
 
“Kaoru, are you sure? I mean we are not really-”
 
I cut Saojiro off, “Is ok, he was going to officially break off with me anyway.” I could see concern within his eyes, why couldn't Aoshi be the same? “ There no different if me or Aoshi that say it first”
 
“O-nii-san your cake is ready” Said a too cheerful voice from the back ground.
 
“A.. mette Misao-dono, please be careful de gazuro yo. We don't want that cake to fall that we don't”
 
I turn at that all-to-well-voice, “Kenshin? What are you doing here?” Kenshin was wearing a dark pink apron with Green short slaves shirt that have Akabeko logo in the middle of his bicep and dark pants. I can see a woman, beside him holding a cake. Wearing the exact type of shirt with Kenshin but instate of wearing pants she wears a long skirt and have two long raven low pig tail hair style. Her bright blue eyes shinning with happiness when she saw me.
 
“Ah! You must be Kaoru-san. He always talks about you. Dozo Yorosiku. My name is Misao. I am Aoshi sister. Kawaii, you are cute as Aoshi describe ne Kenshin? Ah, how rude of me this cake for you” Misao handed me the cake.
 
“Kaoru-dono, hehehe gomen, but Aoshi said he wanted it to make it as surprise” Kenshin shift sheepishly.
 
I look puzzle at them and then the cake but did not reach out to take the cake, “What are you talking about?” I turn my attention to Saojiro who stood silence-ly beside me. He too looks puzzle and loss too.
 
“Ah, gomen. Did I scare you? Actually like this, two weeks ago or so Aoshi suddenly said he wanted to learn how to bake cake to gives to his girlfriend. Gods know how horrible he is in kitchen that it takes a week and a half to perfect it” Giggles Misao, “Anyway, we did advised him just buy the cake from the beginning so he did not make a mess but he insisted. Saying he wanted to make it as an apology for making his girlfriend cry”
 
“Is true Kaoru-dono. We even take a picture of him. See” Kenshin handed me a photo.
 
And my eyes widen. This couldn't have been Aoshi. The Aoshi who I know is so cool and collect as ice. Is not possible.
 
Misao giggles suddenly revive me to the conversation, “Yeah, THAT picture. I remember how horrible he must been look like and how embarrass he is when he know about that picture. I can't tease him enough. Oh my poor O-nii-san. Even O-jii-san teases him about that”
 
Kenshin shakes his head at Misao authentic, but then his violate eyes scan the area that was empty beside me and Saojiro there, “By the way, where is Aoshi anyway? Did he go to toilet or something?”
 
I turn and ran away from them.
 
“Ah mette Kaoru-dono, the photo?!”
 
“Kaoru-san! The cake?!”
 
“Kao-chan! Your bag?!”
 
 
I did not hear what they say because I know I have make a bigger mistakes. And I want to rectify it before it's too late.
 
I saw a figure ahead of me and I did not hesitate to yelled for him to stop, “Aoshi!”
 
Only a few meter separate us but I can clearly saw his back stiffen a little before he renew his long stride.
 
“Aoshi, stop”
 
He did not even glance back, instate he hurrying his pace.
 
“Aoshi” That it, I grab his arms and pull him, “If you want to break off with me. Why you trouble yourself with the cake? Aoshi answer me!”
 
He pulls his arms from me and answer hoarsely, “YOU who the one who wanted to break off. I never think of breaking off with you. I though that was the speech at the heat of moment or something”
 
To my shock I saw tears trailing from his eyes as he turn from me and stare ahead,
 
“Have you ever though about my feeling when you said that? What do you take me of as? You are my first girlfriend that I had and I don't know how to treat you right or how to really treat a women. And now you tell me that you have a new boyfriend. What do you want me to do? DON'T LOOK AT my face” He quickly bough a palm to cover his tear strict face and wipes the tears hurriedly, “Didn't I told you before that I love you. Why didn't you trust me? Why in the student counseling room you said you want to break off?”
 
Now I feel like a fool, “I-It b-because… you said that you have tired with me. But with Tomoe is not like that. You acted so-so warm toward her” This makes Aoshi look so cute and human. I never imagine behind all the ice facade there a warm heart inside there.
 
“That the different between lovers and friend” He shout
 
`Oh my, I was speechless'
 
“Tomoe and I have known way back then. So is natural that I was close to her. She likes a sister to me, she already knows about my past and how I acted. I always keep my face cold and acted cool because I was brought up that way. Before I met you I always known as the `ice' and I am popular because of that, all the girl like me because I am cool and collect. I am afraid that if I change, if I follow my heart and start to acted kind and shower you like a love sick puppy, you will hate me for it and leave me someday. That why I keep my image even I wanted to be different; at lease around you. I have never had this feeling before and I am afraid if I mess up. That why I say I am tiered. I am tired keeping this mask and it torn me apart when I see the hurt in your eyes every time I reject to spend the time with you. Is not that simple to keep my image cold any longer. Not when you around. You like a sun, melted my heart. And I was afraid you leave me if you found that, that I am not the `cool' guy anymore”
 
“So, what are you saying that it was not the real you?” I can't help but feel something rising from my chest. Like a warmth that waiting to burst.
 
“You… will hate me if I turn soft” Aoshi already drying his teas and look away from me.
 
I smiles, I never know that he was like this.
 
Unsure.
 
I took the photo and look it back. In the photo was Aoshi, wearing the same apron as Kenshin just now, his face is determined and full of concentration as he stir the bowl that contain the cake ingredients. I never see his face fill with emotion as like this and it touch me that he make such a hard afford just to please. That makes me understand that I never really known who Shinamori Aoshi really is. All this while, we did not understand each other. We afraid being the one who going to be left in this relationship. Because we both scare and did not understand each other that why we hurt each other unknowingly.
 
“You know, I still like you either you cool or not. I never the one that always fall for the good side. Looks like there a lot to learn about you and me. How about we get together again? And this time, don't hold back a secret from each other ok? We need to understand each other to make this relationship going”
 
He froze and turns to look at me, “But what about Seta-san?”
 
“Ah that” I smiles sheepishly, “Sorry for lying to you. Actually Sao-chan just my good friend. He agrees to help me because I told him that you want to break off with me today. We are not an item, I can't - after you. After all, is you I really love” I reach for his hand and entwine it with my fingers. I never knew that it feel so warm. I always though it was cold. I smiles secretly, “Let's go back. I really want to try that cake you bake”
 
“Kaoru?”
 
“Hmmm?” I look at his blue eyes as that now fill with warmth.
 
Aoshi bend a little since he IS taller than me and gently lays his forehead against mine and he caress my cheek lovingly with his long fingers. Just like a couple would do. I feel the butterfly start flying again in my stomach. This time I was content, “Let's not talk about breaking off again. EVER. ok? I hate it”
 
His eyes are so sincerer that I melted under his gaze; I really did smiles this time. He was so… CUTE! And loving. Just like the way I always dream off, “Hai” I don't care what ever the future might brings because I know both of us can make it back together. Because, we find a way if that ever happened again.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
 
~Owari ~
 
Dictionary:-
 
Mette : Wait
 
Hai: Yes. Ok
 
-San : A suffix name. Given to someone to show your respect
 
-Chan : A pet name??? I think attach at the end of the name to someone you like. Like a little sister or brother
 
-Sempai : Older student than you. Upper classmen or something like that hahaha
 
-Dono : Kenshin always refer Kaoru and other girls with Dono. Means like a lady or Miss like that.
 
Gomen : Sorry in unformal form or Gomina sai means I'm so sorry in more formal form
 
O-nii-san : Brother
 
O-jii-san : Grandfather
 
 
P/S: I don't know if I spell Akabeko rite. So forgive me if it's wrong ok?
 
 
A/N: Tadaaa… Finally the end of it. So how was it? Is Aoshi kinda OOC? I mean, is ok for guys to cry. Sometimes. That does not made them weak (We are only human with emotion!!!) Aoshi cry because he though he gonna loss someone he love. So is not strange right? Rite… anyway as usual R&R.
 
Date post : 25 February 2007