Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ End of the Snowstorm ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 6 goes up. This is Chapter 7. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 7: End of the Snowstorm
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Meanwhile, back at headquarters, Lenalee finally awoke.
 
“Lenalee!” Koumi hurried to his sister's side. “Lenalee…”
 
“It's like before…” Lenalee noted. “You're here as soon as I wake up. Have you forgotten? The day you came to the Order.”
 
“No, I remember.” Koumi replied.
 
“Where's Allen?” Lenalee asked.
 
“He's on a mission.” Koumi answered. “He's gone with Kanda and Ami to recover an Innocence fragment.”
 
“I see.” Lenalee replied.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back in the mountains, the group was walking back after forcing the three Akumas to retreat.
 
“Allen, you're awake!” Lavi beamed when he noticed the Exorcist on his back was opened his eyes.
 
“Thank goodness! Are you all right?” Elda asked as the group stopped.
 
“Sorry Lavi.” Allen apologized. “I can walk…”
 
“You all right?” Lavi asked as Allen threw himself off.
 
“Yeah…” Allen replied.
 
“Come on.” Lavi offered his hand.
 
“Thanks.” Allen took the hand.
 
“Damned bean sprout.” Kanda hissed.
 
“Yuu.” Ami scolded mildly.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

In the inn…
 
“You're burning up. We should get this fever down.” Elda remarked, feeling Allen's temperature.
 
“No, I'm all right.” Allen assured her.
 
“There's no need act all tough.” Lavi rebuked.
 
“Pitiful.” Kanda interjected. “You couldn't defeat even one Akuma? When you find one, never let it go. Kill them all.”
 
“You're harsh on both Akuma and colleagues, Yuu.” Lavi remarked.
 
“Where's the Finder, Michael?” Allen asked.
 
“I left him behind.” Kanda replied. “There are plenty of Finders. One must take care of himself.”
 
“That's terrible…” Allen gasped.
 
“Don't worry Allen.” Ami smiled at her worried junior. “I left a Seeker behind.”
 
Just then, the door opened and Michael entered.
 
“Michael!” Allen exclaimed as the Finder swept off the snow from his arms.
 
“We were just talking about you.” Lavi added.
 
“I could see the light from your battle.” Michael replied as Ami's Seeker flew back to its mistress.
 
“Good job!” Lavi beamed.
 
“Thank goodness!” Allen breathed in relief.
 
“Thank you.” Michael nodded.
 
“Thank you for your help.” Ami smiled at the magical creature which let out a squeal before landing on her shoulder.
 
“Did you find the Akuma near where we were fighting?” Kanda asked.
 
“No.” Michael shook his head.
 
“So you retreated.” Kanda accused.
 
“I'm going back out. We have to find the Innocence before they do.” He added, grabbing his sword.
 
“I'm going too!” Lavi offered.
 
“Do you want another disaster like last time?” Kanda asked as Elda's father stepped forward.
 
“Don't mind me.” Elda's father replied.
 
“If you're going, father, then so will I!” Elda told him.
 
“Don't you care if your daughter gets involved?” Kanda asked the father.
 
“It'll be dangerous at night in a snowstorm like this.” Allen added.
 
“Then you can keep watch, Allen.” Lavi grinned. “You'd have a tough time with your injuries, wouldn't you? Take care of these two.”
 
“Right.” Allen replied as Ami's Seeker landed on his head.
 
“Ami-sempai…” he blinked at the ice wielder.
 
“Hey,” Ami shrugged. “Someone has to prevent these two,” she pointed to Kanda and Lavi. “From killing each other.”
 
“Well then I'll stay here as well.” Michael offered.
 
“See you later then!” Lavi waved farewell.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“What a nice little excursion this is.” Lavi remarked as the three walked in the snowstorm.
 
“Shut up.” Kanda retorted.
 
“Lavi…” Ami added.
 
“What Frostbite?” Lavi grinned.
 
“One more word, and I'll freeze your trap shut.” Ami threatened.
 
“Oh, that was cold, you two.” Lavi complained.
 
“Shut your mouth!” Kanda retorted.
 
“Lavi…” Ami growled. “Last warning.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Meanwhile with the three Akumas…
 
“Oh, it's the Exorcists! Shall we take `em down?” Akuma A inquired.
 
“Idiot!” the female Akuma scolded. “We just have to wait for them to get the Innocence, then we steal it from them.”
 
“Oh I see! You sure are smart!” Akuma B praised.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back in the inn…
 
“I believe that's not the Leaf of Revival, but a material known as Innocence lies at the end of the snowstorm.” Allen told Elda's father. “Even if you manage to find it, it will not bring your son back.”
 
“Shut up!” Elda's father retorted.
 
“And those Akumas could be lying in wait.” Allen added. “You should turn back. Only an Exorcist can defeat an Akuma.”
 
“Father…” Elda interjected. “”Let's go to bed and set off as soon as day breaks.”
 
“Elda!” Allen gasped.
 
“Please, let us go.” Elda pleaded.
 
Later in Elda's dream, she dreamt of that fateful night again. Jolted awake now, she realized that her father was gone.
 
“Elda, is something the matter?” Allen asked.
 
“My father…” Elda gasped.
 
Rushing out of the cabin, Allen noted the skid marks on the ground.
 
“It can't be!” Elda gasped.
 
“You wait here, Elda.” Allen told her. “We'll go.”
 
“I'm coming with!” Elda protested.
 
“But…” Allen objected.
 
“I can't just give up!” Elda replied. “I'm sick of regretting his death.”
 
“Elda!” Allen gasped.
 
“If I hadn't stopped my father then, he wouldn't be suffering so.” Elda added. “You can't imagine how I've regretted leaving my brother to die.”
 
“All right then.” Allen smiled.
 
“I'm counting on you Tim!” he called to General Cross' Golem as the golden Golem flew above them, alongside with Ami's Seeker.
 
At his instruction, both flying objects flew off.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“Is this it?” Kanda asked as the trio approached a cave, the snowstorm getting heavier.
 
“Nothing for it but to see.” Lavi replied.
 
“It's not that easy.” Kanda retorted. “I can't get any closer.”
 
“Well, we only need a moment…” Lavi grinned as he activated his weapon.
 
“But I think Frostbite's ahead of me.” He smiled when he noticed Ami glowing an icy white as she activated her Innocence.
 
“Shine Snow… Illusion!” Ami unleashed her attack to counter the snowstorm.
 
“And as I've said.” She added, “If this is caused by Innocence, I won't be able to hold it back for long.”
 
“In that case,” Lavi grinned. “Let's go in while it lasts.”
 
That decided, the three entered the cave. Unknown to them, Elda's father had trailed them.
 
As the three neared the exit of the tunnel, they ran towards the end to find a colossal tree in the cave.
 
Kanda neared the tree, but was thrown back by the Innocence hidden within the trunk.
 
“Yuu!” Ami gasped, kneeling beside him.
 
“What the hell?” Lavi blinked.
 
“There it is!” Elda's father interjected. “The Leaf of Revival! It really exists!”
 
“Now, now, I can revive Jacob!” he smiled as he ran towards the tree, but like Kanda before him, he was thrown by the Innocence.
 
“Jacob…” Elda father muttered as he ran towards the tree. “Jacob!”
 
“Stop! That's dangerous!” Lavi warned before Elda's father was thrown back by the tree.
 
“Coming Apocalypse! Hell's Insects: First Illusion!” Kanda used his sword to slice through the tree's gaseous attack.
 
“Hammer of Wood!” Lavi activated his Innocence, but his seal was destroyed by the tree's mist. “No good eh?”
 
“Yuu, Lavi, wait.” Ami called out.
 
“Huh?” Lavi blinked.
 
“What the hell are you doing?” Kanda demanded as she stepped forward.
 
“Believe me.” Was all she said as she removed her orb as she threw a smile at him.
 
Kanda's eyes widened as the tree started pelting snowballs at her.
 
Ami lifted her sapphire orb in the air, sweeping her right hand across the crystal as a soft watery blue light surrounded her. The snowballs were then absorbed into her orb. Her blue aura still radiating from her, Ami approached the tree, placing a gentle hand on the trunk. The Innocence's attack ceased and the tree glowed as Ami extracted the Innocence from the tree.
 
“Thank you.” Ami smiled her gratitude.
 
“I've got the Innocence.” she replied, walking back to her two companions. “Let's go home.”
 
“Hey, give that to me!” Elda's father demanded. “I need the Leaf of Revival to revive my son!”
 
“This is no Leaf of Revival.” Kanda told him. “It's an Innocence fragment.”
 
“Give it to me!” Elda's father ordered.
 
“No!” Kanda threw him off. “The Innocence does not have the power to bring your son back. Give up.”
 
“Sorry, but he's right.” Lavi agreed. “You should give up on it. I don't know why, but an Innocence fragment happened to come upon this tree and made its leaves shine. Thinking that they were the leaves mentioned in your legend, many people have must have come to claim its leaves. If it had let them, it would not have survived. So the Innocence created both the snowstorm and the hot wind to drive people away. The Innocence protected the tree, though it couldn't protect it in the end.”
 
“Lavi,” Ami added. “Don't you know what that tree is?” Ami asked.
 
Not waiting for a reply, she added, “It's a descendent of the Yggdrasil.”
 
Turning to Elda's father, she reminded him, “Please stop chasing the impossible. Anyone who has died will never be revived.”
 
Looking up at the night sky, she added, “I, out of all people, know that.”
 
“Let's go.” Kanda retorted.
 
“Yeah.” Lavi nodded and the three exited.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“Clear at last!” Lavi smiled at the clear skies once the group left the cave.
 
Kanda frowned, getting into defense mode instantly as the three Akumas from before appeared before them.
 
“Give us that Innocence!” Akuma A demanded.
 
“Stand back!” Lavi warned as he readied his weapon.
 
“I'll never give it to you Akuma! You won't get away this time!” Kanda promised.
 
The female Akuma then fired her chest snowballs at them.
 
“I'll take that Akuma there!” Kanda instructed as Ami's ice shield receded to the ground.
 
“Right you are!” Lavi agreed.
 
“Men.” Ami muttered, albeit amused.
 
Akuma B fired its balls of snow at Lavi who skidded to dodge the attack.
 
“Big hammer, small hammer. Grow, grow, grow!” he commanded, smashing his weapon at Akuma B's face.
 
Kanda slashed his sword at Akuma A, sending him flying.
 
“You're pitiful!” the female Akuma rebuked.
 
Kanda gasped when he saw the female Akuma attack her fellow Akumas.
 
“What are you doing?” Akuma B demanded.
 
“Stop it!” Akuma A pleaded.
 
The female Akuma laughed as she absorbed the other two in increase her power.
 
“I see.” Kanda realized. “It absorbed its brethren to become stronger.”
 
“It's even more ruthless than you are, Yuu.” Lavi teased.
 
“Now, give me the Innocence!” the evolved Akuma demanded as she fired her snow cannons at them.
 
“This may be tougher than I thought!” Lavi noted after the three jumped to avoid the attack, as he landed.
 
“Anyone want to guess what level this witch is?” Ami joked.
 
Kanda hissed and was about to attack the evolved Akuma when he was grabbed by Elda's father from behind.
 
“What are you doing?” the swordsman demanded.
 
“Give it to me!” Elda's father ordered.
 
“Let me go!” Kanda struggled to get free.
 
“Weakling!” the female Akuma retorted as she fired her icicles at the struggling pair.
 
“Yuu!” both Lavi and Ami gasped.
 
“Give it… give it to me!” Elda's father demanded as the two fell to the ground.
 
“Bastard!” Kanda hissed.
 
“You're tough!” the Akuma remarked as she unleashed a wave of snow at Lavi, freezing his feet.
 
“Crap!” Kanda cursed as the snow wave washed over him, freezing him in place. “Damnit!”
 
“Using ice?” Ami raised an eyebrow, as she used a water bubble to protect herself. “I'm gonna sue. Guess I'm the only one left then.”
 
“Quit joking Frostbite.” Lavi complained.
 
“Nymph…” Kanda growled.
 
“I'll leave you two to grovel.” Ami smirked.
 
Then, Kanda noticed Timcanpy fluttering above him.
 
“I made it!” Allen breathed in relief. “Innocence, activate!”
 
“Take this!” he retorted, firing his gun at the Akuma who used her hand to block the bullets.
 
“Allen!” Lavi beamed.
 
“Pest!” the Akuma hissed, firing her chest cannons at him. Allen jumped to dodge the attack.
 
“Tag-team on this witch?” Ami suggested.
 
“You read my mind.” Allen smiled back. “What's the plan?”
 
“Free those two mules first.” Ami instructed. “I'll take care of this witch.”
 
“Watch and learn, squirt.” she smirked, as the Akuma fired her snow cannons again.
 
“Using ice against me, not a good idea.” she informed the Akuma, turning into Keena.
 
“Uh oh…” Allen muttered, as he rained his bullets past the Akuma, freeing Kanda and Lavi from their icy prisons.
 
“What the…” Lavi blinked as he saw Keena rain her ice bolts on the Akuma.
 
“Battle-mode Ami-sempai, aka Keena-sempai is in the house.” Allen supplied. “And as she just told me, using ice against her isn't a good idea. I think I know why Koumi sent her here.”
 
“Damn it!” the Akuma cursed as one final gigantic ice bolt crushed onto her.
 
“Remind me never to cross that girl.” Lavi remarked.
 
“Allen.” Keena remarked.
 
“Yes?” Allen blinked at his battle-mode senior.
 
“You've seen my Koori Draco attack. Now, I'll show you its final form.” Keena informed him.
 
“Yes…” Allen nodded.
 
“Holy…” Lavi gaped as Kanda watched in awe when a towering ice and snow dragon surrounded the ice wielder.
 
“Koori… Ryu!” Keena thrust her arm forward, unleashing her elemental dragon at the Akuma.
 
“No!” the Akuma screamed as she was literally obliterated by the dragon.
 
When the energy lash died down, the four Exorcists looked at the huge crater that was left.
 
“Please, give it to me!” Elda's father requested as he came forward.
 
“You're still so intent?” Kanda hissed.
 
“I want to bring my son back to life.” Elda's father replied. “I want to bring him back… one more time…”
 
“I'm sorry.” Elda apologized. “This is all because I stopped you. I never thought it would hurt you so. That's why I wanted to help you gain closure, even though I knew there was no Leaf of Revival.”
 
“Don't you think you should focus on Elda?” Allen asked. “You keep chasing after your dead son, never thinking about her for a single moment. She's alive, and yet, you treat her as if she too, were dead.”
 
“I'm all right.” Elda assured. “It's harder for my father here. I'm really all right, father.”
 
“Elda...” her father wept, hugging his daughter.
 
“I'll go ahead back to the Order with the Innocence.” Ami informed the group.
 
“Hey, shouldn't we go together?” Lavi asked.
 
“I just... need some time alone, that's all.” Ami let out a small smile.
 
“This little field trip was far from pleasant.” Kanda retorted as he followed the ice wielder.
 
“Well then, let's go.” Lavi told Allen. “If there's anyone who can take care of Frostbite now, it's Yuu.”
 
“Uh, right.” Allen nodded.
 
“Shall we go home too?” Elda's father asked.
 
“Yeah!” Elda beamed.
 
“Your mom's waiting for us.” Her father added.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“Well then, shall I go in?” Skin snorted.
 
“Rero?” Rero inquired.
 
The umbrella then squealed as Skin electrocuted it.
 
“Give him back!” Road demanded. “I get so bored without Rero.”
 
“You can have your toy. I'm going after the Innocence.” Skin told her.
 
“Here.” He tossed the umbrella to her.
 
“Millennie said to come home.” Road informed him.
 
“What?” Skin demanded.
 
“He's got a job for you.” Road added.
 
Then the two Noahs disappeared.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

At the train station…
 
“Thank you for everything.” Elda said.
 
“Not at all.” Allen smiled.
 
“We'll go home after taking a day to rest.” Elda informed them.
 
“Elda…” Allen started.
 
“Yes?” Elda blinked.
 
“Those Akumas we just fought were by-product of a tragedy.” Allen told her. “Souls brought back to this world come back as Akuma.”
 
“No!” Elda gasped.
 
“Yes.” Allen replied. “If someone calling himself the Earl of Millennium comes to you, saying he will revive someone dear to you, pay him no heed.”
 
“I'll never wish for that again.” Elda's father assured his daughter. “What I have to do now is live on with you and your mother. I have to put those living first.”
 
“Father!” Elda muttered as her father cradled her close.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“Goodbye!” Elda waved farewell to the Exorcist group as the train took off.
 
“I hope the Earl of Millennium doesn't come to bother them.” Allen remarked.
 
“I know what you're thinking, Allen.” Lavi told him. “If her brother becomes an Akuma…”
 
“We would have to defeat him.” Allen finished his sentence. “That is the battle we Exorcist s must fight. But I still believe…”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“So, what do you think of Allen Walker?” Bookman asked his disciple.
 
“Nothing much, either way.” Lavi replied as the camera penned into Allen's and Michael's graffiti faces. “I get the feeling, though, his fight will be a painful one indeed, and a long one as well.”
 
“I see.” Bookman remarked.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

SailorStar9: And another chapter goes down. Read and review.