Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ The Leaf of Revival ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 5 goes up. This is Chapter 6. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 6: The Leaf of Revival
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“What a terrible snowstorm…” Elda noted.
 
“It sure is.” Her father replied.
 
“Dad… are you going no matter what?” Elda asked.
 
“You're better of staying here.” Her father told her.
 
“No, I want to go too.” Elda replied. “I'd be worried if you went alone, Dad. Although, I don't know if we'll be able to find it…”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Up top on a cliff, Skin was licking on his ice cream cone.
 
“It would be great if all this snow was ice cream.” He commented.
 
“If you returned the Innocence without any problems, the Earl would surely make you some rero.” The Earl of Millennium's umbrella remarked.
 
“The only thing that Master Millennium is interested in making is Akuma.” Skin snorted.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back at headquarters, in Ami's room…
 
The silvery-blue female Exorcist awoke to an empty bed.
 
Rubbing her grogginess off her eyes, she blinked, “Yuu?”
 
“You're late this morning, and a good morning, Nymph.” Kanda smirked.
 
“And a good morning to you too… Peacock.” Ami grinned as she climbed out of bed.
 
“And who was the one who wore me out last night, I wonder.” She purred seductively into his ear.
 
Kanda growled as he handed her coat to her.
 
“Get dressed.” he told her, tossing her coat to her.
 
Ami smirked as she put on her coat.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
In the cafeteria…
 
“Cream stew, gyoza, a mushroom omelet, ginger roast, some fried rice, and a Caesar salad. And for dessert, cream puffs and ten dorayaki.” Allen rattled off his order to the chef.
 
“Okay, you want me to make all that?” the cook asked.
 
“Yeah!” Allen nodded.
 
“I'll go prepare it now.” the chef giggled.
 
“That was delicious!” Allen beamed after his meal.
 
“You've quite the appetite.” Lavi noted.
 
“Parasite-type Exorcists expend lots of energy.” Bookman explained.
 
“I see…” Lavi noted.
 
“Allen…” one of the Finders told him. “You've got work. Supervisor Koumi's calling you.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“Excuse me.” Allen bowed as he entered Koumi's office, only to find Kanda and Ami waiting for him.
 
“Do you hate the cold?” Koumi asked. “Or maybe the heat?”
 
“Neither in particular…” Allen replied.
 
“Is that so? Isn't that good?” Koumi beamed. “In a certain forest, what we thought was a snowstorm, ended up turning into a hot wind, and a strong of abnormal weather followed.”
 
“Abnormal weather?” Allen echoed.
 
“It's probably not a phenomenon caused by Innocence. But just incase, I'd like the three of you to investigate, and recover it if possible.” Koumi instructed.
 
“I understand.” Allen nodded.
 
“With you again?” Kanda inquired.
 
Ami sighed and looked at Koumi, “I suppose I have to prevent these two from killing each other.”
 
Koumi's grin widened.
 
“Figures.” Ami shook her head.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

As the three boarded the boat, Kanda glared as Lavi and Bookman approached.
 
“We're going with you.” Lavi told the swordsman.
 
“What a drag…” Kanda muttered.
 
“Yuu.” Ami rebuked mildly.
 
“Well, besides that comment, nice to meet you, Yuu!” Lavi beamed.
 
“Don't call me by my first name!” Kanda scolded.
 
“Lavi,” Ami grinned. “I thought you already know that I'm the only one who gets to call him that without getting my head bitten off.”
 
“Well, for what it's worth, I'm an Exorcist too, so when the Akuma appears, let's take them down together, okay?” Lavi reminded the cold swordsman.
 
“Lavi, Yuu.” Ami interjected their argument. “Let's not have a repeat of last time, shall we?”
 
“Last time?” Allen was puzzled.
 
“Don't ask.” Ami sighed.
 
“Good to be working with you.” Allen commented.
 
“Lavi, I'd like us to confirm the one Hevlaska predicted as the destroyer of time with our own eyes.” Bookman whispered to his disciple.
 
“Yeah.” Lavi nodded.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

On the train…
 
“And then, I went to China…” Lavi narrated.
 
“Hey, are you listening?” he rebuked when he realized Allen looked bored to death.
 
There's no way I can sleep here… Allen thought. Even though I'm exhausted from going on this mission with the unsocial Kanda… this is it…
 
“And then, I really got friendly with this cute girl in this traditional Chinese clothing, and I was like `this is awesome', `the food is awesome' and after that, this even cuter girl came...” Lavi continued his narration.
 
“He fell asleep?” he blinked. “How boring…”
 
Then, noticing that no one was around, he grinned as an idea came to him.
 
After the ticket man exited, Lavi silently approached the silent couple cuddled in the front seat, but was stopped by Kanda who immediately unscathed his sword, an animated vein popping out of his head.
 
“You're awake?” Lavi asked. “Allen fell asleep, so… his face looks really funny now, you wanna see?”
 
“You don't have to get so mad!” he complained as Kanda almost sliced him with his sword.
 
“Lavi, Yuu…” Ami sighed. “Let's not have a repeat of last time, shall we?”
 
“Che!” Kanda snorted as he sat back down.
 
“Lavi…” Ami looked meaningfully at Bookman's apprentice.
 
“Fine, fine, I'm going…” Lavi muttered.
 
“Cool it, Peacock.” Ami told her companion once they were left alone.
 
“Humph!” Kanda grunted.
 
“Better?” Ami purred as she nuzzled his cheek, causing Kanda to groan.
 
“Besides,” she teased. “We'll have plenty of time to play after we get back.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Once the train stopped at the station, the Exorcist group dropped off.
 
“Good to work with you.” The Finder greeted them. “I'm Michael, the Finder.”
 
Allen quickly caught hold of Timcanpy before it got blown off.
 
“Are you okay, Timcanpy?” he asked.
 
“This weather is pretty awful.” Lavi complained as he and his Master hid out in the station. “It looks like we've got no choice but to wait until the snowstorm blows over.”
 
“There's no way we can know when it'll stop.” Michael confessed.
 
“Are you going?” Allen asked when he noticed Kanda was walking off.
 
“Of course.” Kanda replied. “That's why we're here, right? What are you planning on doing here, wasting your time?”
 
“But…” Allen protested.
 
“You can stay here and make snowmen with them, bean sprout.” Kanda retorted.
 
“Let's go.” Allen replied.
 
Ami sighed as she followed them, why do I have to put up with these two stubborn mules?
 
***************************************************************** *************************
“I'm picturing us dead, in the middle of this mountain.” Lavi whined as he collapsed onto the snowy field as the group trekked on the midst of the snowstorm.
 
Ami shook her head.
 
“Let's see what I can do about this.” She commented, summoning her Caduceus.
 
“Shine… Snow… Illusion!” she called out. At her command, the blizzard calmed and glittering snowflakes flew past the group.
 
Lavi whistled in awe, “Damn it Frostbite, you never told us you could do that.”
 
“You never asked.” Ami shrugged. “Although, if this is the doing of an Innocence, I don't think my power can hold off the storm for long.”
 
“What's that?” Kanda inquired after Ami calmed the storm.
 
“Are you okay?” Allen asked the unconscious father.
 
“Hey, get a hold of yourself!” Lavi picked Elda up.
 
“Can you move?” Allen asked the father.
 
“Dad?” Elda asked.
 
“It seems he's okay.” Allen replied.
 
“It's best if we carry you home.” Bookman remarked.
 
“No, there's an inn nearby…” Elda replied.
 
“So, we'll take you to that inn.” Allen offered.
 
“I'm going to keep going.” Kanda informed. “We're not here to get along and learn to cooperate, right?”
 
“But…” Allen protested.
 
Ami sighed and went after Kanda.
 
“Allen, after we take these two, we'll investigate.” Lavi told the younger Exorcist.
 
“Well then, I'll head along with Kanda and Maris.” Michael offered.
 
“Good luck.” Allen told him.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

In the inn…
 
“I'm really sorry…” Elda apologized.
 
“Rest well.” Allen told her.
 
“Luckily, he doesn't seem to have frostbite.” Bookman remarked.
 
“The old lady made this and told me to bring it.” Lavi said, entering the room with two bowls of soup.
 
“Thank you very much.” Elda replied. “Dad, let's eat.”
 
“Well, the two of us will be in the next room, so if you need anything, let us know.” Allen informed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“I wonder where those two were going in the middle of the snowstorm?” Allen wondered aloud by the fireplace.
 
“They were going to look for it.” The innkeeper replied. “They've said it's been around here for a long time. The Leaf of Revival.”
 
“Tooth?” Lavi echoed.
 
“No, leaf!” the innkeeper corrected.
 
“The Leaf of Revival is a mysterious leaf mentioned in Norse mythology.” Bookman explained. “They say it was discovered by the great hero, Sigmund. Ones that did not die of natural causes, were killed by something or someone, or anything that happens to them, the life they lost is able to be revived with this leaf.”
 
“Every once in a while, someone comes along, looking for that leaf/.” The innkeeper added. “Every time one of them comes, the weather gets bad. It's quite a problem.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

The next day, the weather cleared out.
 
“It cleared up.” Allen noted.
 
“Yeah.” Lavi agreed.
 
“This breeze is hot.” He remarked as a hot wind blew.
 
“Where's Bookman?” Allen asked.
 
“He's resting in the inn.” Lavi replied. “It seems that all these climate changes have been hard on him. He's an old man, after all.”
 
“Well, shall we go?” Allen asked. “To where the wind is blowing from. If Ami-sempai happens to be correct and what is causing this abnormal weather is Innocence, the origin is most likely that way.”
 
“You're pretty smart.” Lavi praised.
 
“Good morning. I apologize for the trouble yesterday.” Elda apologized.
 
“Are you going out again? Allen asked. “You'd better rest a bit…”
 
“We can't have you getting the leaf first, you know.” Elda's father commented as he stepped out.
 
“Ah no, we're…” Allen protested.
 
“Let's go, Elda.” Elda's father told her.
 
Elda nodded and the father-daughter pair skidded off.
 
“Those things are nice.' Lavi noted.
 
“Eh?” Allen blinked.
 
“It sure is hot today, isn't it, father?” Elda asked as they skidded to a stop.
 
“Indeed.” Her father agreed.
 
Then, they heard Allen's scream as the Exorcist tumbled down the slope.
 
“You all right?” Lavi asked as he stopped beside the younger Exorcist.
 
“Sorry…” Allen muttered.
 
“You're not hurt?” Elda asked.
 
“No.” Allen replied.
 
“Thank goodness.” Elda breathed in relief.
 
“Um…” Allen started.
 
“Yes?” Elda blinked.
 
“I hear that even the villagers won't set foot in these woods.” Allen remarked. “There might be something dangerous in there. You should go back.”
 
“You're going to hog them for yourselves, then?” Elda's father asked. “Let's go Elda.”
 
“We aren't looking for the Leaf of Revival.” Allen added. “I can't tell you, but we're looking for something else. We're Exorcists. Clergymen duty-bound to destroy Akuma.”
 
“Exorcists?” Elda echoed.
 
“Akuma eh?” Elda's father added. “They're just make-believe.”
 
“If the Leaf of Revival is real, surely Akuma are too.” Lavi pointed out.
 
“Either way, you should turn back.” Allen advised. “Waking the dead will only lead to woe and there will be many who wish to turn them for personal gain.”
 
“What do you know?' Elda's father demanded.
 
“Stop it, father!” Elda admonished.
 
“Let's go, Lavi.” Allen told his companion.
 
“We're following them.” Elda's father told her as the two skidded off. “They sound like they know something.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back in the Earl of Millennium's house…
 
“So Skin went to look for some Innocence?” Road asked.
 
“Who cares? Let's just leave him to it.” Tyki told her.
 
“He took Rero with him.” Road complained.
 
“Dos that matter?” Tyki asked.
 
“It's just no fun without Rero!” Road grumbled. “I'm so bored! Tyki, do Rero's voice!”
 
“Huh?” Tyki asked.
 
“He's saying he wants to play!” Road whined, dangling her doll. “Play! Play! Play!”
 
“You should play with yourself, Rero!” Tyki imitated Rero's voice as he caught the doll Road threw at him. “I want to sit quietly and read a book, Rero!”
 
“Is that enough?” Tyki scolded. “I'm sick of this.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Back in the forest…

“Still nothing?” Skin asked as his three Akumas searched for the Innocence.
 
“No.” Akuma A replied.
 
“What's taking you?” Skin demanded.
 
“But, Skin-sama…” Akuma B protested.
 
“Don't give me that!” Skin retorted, kicking him. “If you've got time to make excuses, then you've got time to search!”
 
“Of course, Skin-sama!” the female Akuma replied.
 
“We'll search as hard as well can.” Akuma A added.
 
“All right you lot, let's get going!” Akuma B commented.
 
“You got something to say?” Skin asked Rero which had flown beside him.
 
“Not at all, Rero.” Rero chirped.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back with Allen and Lavi, the pair found themselves stranded as the snowstorm intensified.
 
“That stifling wind turned to another snowstorm!” Allen noted.
 
“My, my…” Lavi tsked.
 
“Do you think Kanda's all right?” Allen asked.
 
“Yuu aside, I'm more worried about the Finder that went with them. But since, Frostbite's with them, they should be fine.” Lavi replied.
 
Allen then pointed to the Elda father and daughter pair who was trailing them.
 
“Shall we rest here?” he asked. “If we keep going, we'll end up having to return to the inn with them in tow.”
 
“Yeah.” Lavi agreed.
 
That decided, the four dug a ditch in the snow.
 
“Here.” Elda offered Allen a cup of steaming beverage as they huddled around a fire.
 
“Thanks.” Allen replied, taking the cup.
 
“You're well prepared.” Lavi remarked.
 
“My father does so much for me.” Elda replied. “This is the least I can do. Here, you have some too, father.”
 
“Camping with this lot…” Elda's father grumbled as he took the cup.
 
“It was you who followed us.” Allen pointed out.
 
“Father, why don't you sleep some?” Elda asked, offering a blanket. “At least until the snowstorm clears.”
 
“You really are well prepared.” Lavi noted. “I guess we'll have to snuggle for some warmth then.”
 
Allen grimaced.

******************************************************** **********************************

After the snowstorm cleared…
 
“Um…” Elda started as she approached the two Exorcists who had woken up.
 
“Leave without us.” She said as the two turned to face her. “We'll make do on our own. I'm sorry my father was so rude.”
 
“Not at all.” Allen replied.
 
“I don't really think the Leaf of Revival exists, but it's the only thing keeping my father going.” Elda added. “Ever since my brother died, he's been in a deep depression.”
 
“It's your brother he wants to revive then?” Allen asked.
 
“Our house caught fire.” Elda explained. “There were four of us staying there, my family. My brother had a bad leg from birth.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Flashback
 
“Jacob! Jacob!” Elda's mother called out to her son who had fallen off his wheelchair in the midst of the fire.
 
Elda's father was about to enter the burning house ot save his son, but was held back the flames.
 
“Stay away!” Jacob warned.
 
“Jacob!” Elda's mother cried.
 
“Leave me!” Jacob ordered. “Father, get mother and Elda out of here!”
 
“Father!” Elda stopped her father from going back.
***************************************************************** *************************
“Ever since then, my mother has been confined in bed, and my father won't look at me in the eye.” Elda continued. “He deeply regrets that night. I just can't stop him… I have to do as he wants. The Hero Sigmund let his son die over a petty squabble, but his tears became the Leaf of Revival and revived him.”
 
“Let's go Elda.” Her father told her.
 
“Yes.” Elda replied.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back with Skin and his three Akumas…
 
The female Akuma silenced her companions when she heard something.
 
“Are those Exorcists?” she grinned, hiding behind a tree as Allen and Lavi skidded by.
 
Allen stopped when he saw the trio.
 
“What's that?” Elda's father asked.
 
“We've lost our way.” The female Akuma said, stepping out.
 
“Can we come with you guys?” Akuma B asked.
 
“You were just in time!” the female Akuma beamed. “We were on the verge of despair!”
 
“I guess we lost the trail in the dark.” Akuma A added.
 
“That's right.” Akuma B agreed. “If you'd just lead us to the trail, that would be great. We won't be a bother.”
 
“You are Akuma, aren't you?” Allen asked, his left eye activating automatically.
 
“Thank goodness that eye of yours is healed. It's really convenient.” Lavi remarked.
 
“Well, the cat's out of the bag.” The female Akuma snorted as the three returned to their original forms.
 
“What's that?” Elda's father asked.
 
“Get back!” Allen warned.
 
“Tell us where the Innocence is.” Akuma A demanded.
 
“You think we'd tell you?” Lavi mocked. “I wouldn't, even if I knew myself!”
 
“Lair!” Akuma B added, firing snowballs from its eyes. Allen was hit by the barrage and fell heavily to the ground.
 
“Hurry away while you can!” Lavi warned, using his hammer to deflect the snowballs away.
 
With Elda and her father out of the way, Lavi used his extended hammer to knock a huge snowball into Akuma B's face.
 
“Rat bastard!” Akuma A hissed, firing numerous icicles from his mouth.
 
Lavi grabbed the younger Exorcist and lifted themselves up using his hammer.
 
“Innocence, activate!” Allen triggered his weapon as Lavi's hammer handle bounced back. Then, he fired his gun, embedding several light swords into Akuma A's body and sending him flying back.
 
“Not bad at all.” The female Akuma remarked. “What about those two, though?”
 
Then, she fired snow from the guns on her breasts.
 
“Stop it!” Allen demanded, firing his gun at her, only to have the Akuma fly up to dodge his attack.
 
“Allen, behind you!” Lavi shouted a warning as Akuma B emerged from the ground. His warning came too late as Allen was bombarded by the female Akuma's snow. On the other hand, Lavi found himself blocked by Akuma A's massive hand.
 
“Big hammer, small hammer, grow, grow, grow!” Lavi commanded, swinging his hammer at Akuma A. He blinked when his hammer was caught by the Akuma.
 
“Lavi, take and others and run…” Allen told his companion as he was still under the female Akuma's snow barrage.
 
“Coming Apocalypse! Hell's Insects: First Illusion!” Kanda jumped into the battle, unleashing his wraiths in mid-air.
 
“Icicle… Rain!” Ami bombarded the three Akumas with her numerous ice sticks.
 
“Retreat!” Akuma A instructed, beating a hasty retreat.
 
“Quite an entry Yuu.” Lavi grinned.
 
“Shut up.” Kanda retorted.
 
“Idiotic junior.” Ami muttered, sweeping off the snow from Allen's head.
 
Allen peered his eyes open, before falling back into unconsciousness.
 
“Allen!” Lavi called in worry. “ALLEN!”

********************************************* *********************************************

SailorStar9: Now this chapter is down. Read and review.