Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ Right On, Mr. Exorcist ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 11 goes up. This is Chapter 12. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 12: Right On, Mr. Exorcist
 
***************************************************************** *************************
“No damn way…” Lavi muttered.
 
With a terrified scream, the villagers ran back to hide among the trees.
 
“I'm too young to die!” one of them cried.
 
“The next time I see that jerk, I'm so going to kill him.” Ami hissed.
 
“What shall we do?” Allen asked.
 
“Whatever, as long as we don't get done in.” Lavi replied.
 
“Even though they only serve as to feed him, we can't let him kill any more of the villagers.” Allen noted.
 
“True enough.” Lavi agreed. “Innocence, activate!”
 
“Do you think you can fight me?” Arystar laughed as the four Exorcists readied their weapons.
 
“Just don't let him suck your blood.” Lavi advised.
 
“You too.” Allen retorted.
 
As Arystar flew towards them, Allen fired his gun to the ground.
 
“So fast.” He gasped as Arystar traveled through the dust.
 
“Then, you're just not fast enough, squirt.” Ami added, forming an ice shield to cover him.
 
“Are we the only calm-headed ones here?” she asked her companion.
 
“With how those two idiots are acting, I'll say yes.” Kanda replied.
 
“What're you doing?” Lavi asked, knocking Arystar away from Allen with his hammer.
 
“He's even faster than before.” Allen replied.
 
“Big hammer, smaller hammer,” Lavi chanted as he leapt up.
 
Meanwhile, Allen was firing his gun at the running Arystar who easily dodged every single hit.
 
“Grow! Grow! Grow! Grow! Grow!” Lavi recited as his huge hammer crashed onto Arystar.
 
“Take that.” He grinned.
 
“Oh crap. Nice teeth, man!” He grimaced when he realized that Arystar was biting the tip of his hammer head with his teeth to prevented getting crushed. Then, Arystar tossed Lavi away, hammer and all.
 
“Shall we?” Ami smirked. Kanda returned her smirk as the two prepared to Arystar head on.
 
“On second thought…” she blinked as Allen grabbed Arystar with his weapon.
 
“Caught you.” Allen remarked, catching Arystar with his enlarged hand.
 
“Now just calm down.” Ami advised.
 
“You people are quite the bee's knees, living through an encounter with me.” Arystar laughed. “Are you monsters too?”
 
“No, we're Exorcists.” Ami replied.
 
“Well then, nice to meet you...” Arystar grinned. “But I'm in a hurry! Let me go!”
 
“Crap!” Allen exclaimed as Arystar bit on his hand. “He bit my weapon?”
 
“Allen, watch it!' Lavi warned. “Your blood! Your blood!”
 
“Argh! It's bitter!” Arystar cried, releasing Allen's weapon from his mouth. Grabbing his victim, he hurried back to his castle.
 
“Um…” Allen started as the villagers scurried to safety.
 
“Good job…” Lavi noted, backing off. Timcanpy sweatdropped and fluttered off.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Back in the castle…
 
“Welcome back, Lord Arystar.” Eliade greeted him as Arystar coughed into the washing basin. “What happened?”
 
“Don't hate me…” Arystar begged. “I turned into a vampire again…”
 
“Hello? Hello?” he gently shook Franz. “Are you alive? Hello? Hello? Hello…?”
 
“He's dead, Lord Arystar.” Eliade told him. “I'll bury the body in the usual place.”
 
“I'm such a monster!” Arystar wept. “The villagers took arms against me. They hate me so…”
 
“Eliade…” he blinked as the blond woman hugged him.
 
“It's all right, Lord Arystar.” Eliade told him. “You are a vampire after all.”
 
Looking at Eliade's shoulder, Arystar was about to bite her when his conscience stopped him.
 
“No!” he paused, millimeters short of her shoulder.
 
“Don't come near me!” he pleaded, backing off from her embrace.
 
“Lord Arystar!” Eliade gasped.
 
“Eliade, I… I… I'll kill you… I… I love you…” Arystar told her.
 
“And I love you, Lord Arystar.” Eliade replied. “Who cares what the outside world thinks about you?”
 
“Eliade…” Arystar gasped as the blond woman cupped his face gently.
 
“I love you, Lord Arystar.” Eliade told him. “We'll live in this castle together, forever.”
 
“Yes…” Arystar nodded.
 
“Yes, for all eternity…” Eliade added.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
“The Dark Priests routed the vampire, Arystar Krory!” George whooped. “Three cheers for the Dark Priests!”
 
“Hooray!” the villagers cheered.
 
“Victory is ours!” George added.
 
“Ours!” the villagers chorused. “Hooray for the Priests!”
 
“Um…” Allen voiced out. “Why are you all so far away?”
 
“Not to worry!” George assured him.
 
“They're all afraid that you're a vampire now that Krory bit you.” Lavi explained.
 
“Lavi?” Allen blinked.
 
“And you aren't?” Kanda raised an eyebrow.
 
“I'm not worried a bit though.” Lavi beamed.
 
“Yeah right…” Ami deadpanned when she saw Bookman's apprentice with a string of garlic around his neck and a wooden stake in his hand.
 
“Yes you are!” Allen sweatdropped. “You are!”
 
“Tim…” Ami warned as Timcanpy landed on her shoulder and the Golem flew off to land on Kanda's head.
 
“Get off!” Kanda growled, glaring at the Golem. Timcanpy sweatdropped once more and fluttered behind Lavi.
 
Ami then sighed and approached her just-bitten junior.
 
“Allen, let me see that.” She told him.
 
“Yes…” Allen blinked.
 
“Just as I thought.” Ami smiled after a moment's inspection. Resting her hand over his bitten hand, the ice wielder closed the bite marks.
 
“Whatever, let's go to the castle.” Allen retorted.
 
“Oh, really getting into it.” Lavi joked, tossing the stake away.
 
“He got one of the villagers.” Allen replied. “We' don't even know if he's alive or dead.”
 
“Krory always takes his victims into the castle.” That's probably what he did this time too!” George warned.
 
“Goodness…” Lavi sighed as he took off the string of garlic. “Well, we'll have to at least try then.”
 
“You wait here, Mr. Mayor.” Allen called out. “We'll go to the castle alone.”
 
“Of course!” George shouted back. “We couldn't hope to survive a battle between five monsters such as yourselves! Hooray for the Priests!”
 
“Then, we're monsters too?” Lavi asked.
 
“That was so hurtful…” Allen sighed.
 
“People fear what they do not understand.” Ami advised.
 
“Another one of Frostbite's pearls of wisdom.” Lavi grinned.
 
His next sentence was cut off when Ami daftly froze his mouth shut.
 
Kanda smirked and walked beside the ice wielder.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Back in the inn…
 
“Hmm, so that's what's going on.” Bookman noted. “Well-prepared as usual, I see.”
 
“I'm surprised that you were so quick on the uptake yourself, Bookman.” Koumi remarked.
 
“Well, we're most interested in the white-haired boy, you see.” Bookman replied. “And to a certain extent, his senior as well.”
 
“Because of Hevlaska's prediction? That Ami is the Keeper of the Heart?” Koumi asked. “Anyway, I'm glad you're there.”
 
“I'm not their babysitter.” Bookman retorted and hung up.
 
“Oh really?” Koumi continued speaking into the phone as if Bookman had not hung up. “Hmmm, yeah…”
 
“Supervisor, don't pretend to be on the phone to get out of work.” Reever complained as the rest of the Science team stood before his table, with stacks of papers in their hands. “We know what you're up to.”
 
“Captain Reever, how dare you?” Koumi rebuked.
 
“You need to sign these!” Reever informed him.
 
“How dare you!” Koumi scolded, throwing things at him. “I'm got important stuff going on!”
 
“No you don't! You're just doodling!” Reever exclaimed.
 
“Oh brother…” Lenalee sighed as she walked in with a tray of coffee.
 
“Ancient Botany Volume One Hundred?” she blinked, picking up a book.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
“They'll be able to take care of it on their own.” Bookman noted after he hung up.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Back in the castle…
 
Eliade closed the coffin after she placed Franz's body in it and wheeled the coffin out of the door.
 
“Damnit, why do we Exorcists have to fight vampires?” Lavi whined as they entered the castle. Apparently, Ami had unfrozen his mouth on the way.
 
“Told you, you shouldn't have unfrozen his mouth.” Kanda muttered.
 
Ami just credited it to saving their sanity.
 
“But do you suppose the Master came here in the first place?” Allen asked as the group climbed up the stairs. “It's weird that he would leave that message just to send us on this wild goose chase.”
 
“Is there even any relation between the Master's visit and this vampire business?” he added.
 
“If not, then what the hell are we doing here?” Lavi asked.
 
“This smell…” Allen gasped as he smelt the familiar smell.
 
“Lavi, this smell…” he turned to Bookman's apprentice who had then passed out on the ground.
 
“Yuu!” Ami gasped, quickly supporting the weakened swordsman.
 
“Allen…” she looked at her junior.
 
Allen nodded, “I remember it too…”
 
“What's this?” he gasped as the teethed flowed appeared before him.
 
“A flower?” he blinked as the flower opened its petals, as several more appeared behind it.
 
The flower roared and Timcanpy sweatdropped, fluttering frantically away with Allen on its heels.
 
“What the hell is this place?” Allen exclaimed as he ran for life.
 
“Activate!” he instructed, activating his Innocence just as the leading flower clumped on his arm. Firing his weapon, he destroyed the flower.
 
“It's a narcotic!” he realized.
 
“That's what that gas was!” Ami agreed, quickly freezing the flowers behind Allen.
 
“Lavi and Kanda?” Allen asked.
 
“I've placed a filter on them.” Ami explained.
 
“Lavi!” Allen gasped when he saw the unconscious red-haired Exorcist was caught within the flowers' vines. True enough, there was a blue watery-like filter on his mouth.
 
“Yuu!” Ami turned to the still knocked out swordsman who was in the same situation as Lavi was.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
A storey below, Eliade frowned when she heard the explosions.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Wake up Lavi! There's no end to them! Wake up, Lavi!” Allen called out, destroying the flowers that held his friend captive, with Ami using her solidified water blades to cut through to Kanda.
 
“Lavi! Please, Lavi, wake up!” Allen shouted, blasting through the flowers.
 
“Hey, what are you doing?” Eliade demanded just as Lavi woke up. “These are Lord Arystar's precious flowers!”
 
“What's the matter with that boy? Huh?” She wondered, noticing Lavi's unwavering glance at her.
 
“Strike!' Lavi beamed, his visible iris replaced by an animated heart.
 
“Huh?” Eliade was confused.
 
Lavi was now in love-sick-puppy-mode after Eliade winked at him.
 
“Dude, she totally my type!” Lavi gushed.
 
“Lavi?” Allen sweatdropped.
 
“Wait! Hey!” he shouted a warning as two of the man-eating flowers appeared.
 
“What a cute boy you are.” Eliade flirted.
 
“How'd you like to be my lover?” she asked seductively.
 
“Seriously?” Lavi beamed. “Yeah! Yeah!”
 
“Men…” Ami shook her head, her ice spikes rising from the ground, separating the love-sick Lavi while Allen grabbed him with his activated Innocence.
 
“What are you doing?” Lavi demanded.
 
“Do you really think that's hot?” Allen deadpanned. “We're under attack here!”
 
“You're such a child, Allen.” Lavi mocked.
 
“What the f…” Kanda muttered as he sat up. “What did I miss?”
 
“Consciousness for starters.” Ami joked.
 
“Besides that, just Lavi getting into flirt mode and I and Allen dragging him back.” she grinned, removing her filters. “In other words, nothing.”
 
Kanda snickered as he stood up.
 
“That?” Eliade fumed.
 
That crest! She blinked when she saw the Black Order's mark.
 
“Are you Exorcists?” she demanded.
 
“My name is Eliade, and I'm Lord Arystar's servant.” She introduced herself. “What are you four doing here?”
 
“We're vampire hunting.” Lavi told her.
 
“We're looking for the villager that the baron abducted.” Allen added.
 
“Villager?” Eliade echoed.
 
“Oh was that who this was?” She asked, glancing at the coffin beside her.
 
“What do you think this is?” she added, lifting the coffin.
 
“A coffin?” Allen blinked.
 
“Well, what's inside is the important part.” Eliade commented.
 
“If you want it, you can have it.” She added, rolling the coffin down the slope.
 
Both Lavi and Allen rushed towards the coffin.
 
“Wait!” Ami warned, stopping them in their tracks, just as a man-eating flower emerged from the ground and started devouring the corpse, with other two joining it.
 
“Hmph!” Eliade snorted.
 
“This…” Ami gasped when she saw pentacle marks appearing on the flowers' petals after they had their meal.
 
“This doesn't seem good!” Lavi remarked, shielding his eyes from the sudden burst of light as the plants exploded.
 
“Run!” Allen advised and the four took off in the midst of the explosion.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
“What's going on?” Arystar gasped as the aftershock of the explosion shook the ground.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
In the village…
 
“Look!” George pointed to Arystar's castle. “The Dark Priests are destroying Arystar's castle! Hooray for the Priests!”
 
“Hooray for the Priests!” the villagers cheered.
 
Maybe they couldn't handle it alone… Bookman thought, standing in the background.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
“You two all right?” Ami shouted over the ledge, receding the ice shield she had put up to protect Kanda and herself from the explosion.
 
“Holy crap, man… I thought we were dead meat back there!” Lavi exclaimed, as he and Allen pulled themselves back up.
 
“Thank goodness for our flame-redundant coats.” Allen remarked.
 
“I guess that answers my question.” Ami grinned.
 
“I'm gonna barf!” Lavi complained as he threw up.
 
“If you two are done whining,” Ami scolded. “Look.”
 
“Ami-sempai, what's that?” Allen asked as he looked over the demolished castle wall
 
“Graves.” Kanda replied before the four leapt down.
 
“Pretty humble graves, at that.” Lavi noted. “Think they're for a pet?”
 
“Maybe…” Allen mused.
 
“The abducted villagers.” Ami finished his sentence. “Back then, that Eliade woman had Franz's body in a casket, right?”
 
“Maybe she was going to bury him here.” Allen reasoned. “Also, there are eight of them. That's just how many the mayor said were taken.”
 
“I thought it was nine…” Lavi pointed out.
 
“But he said that the first was sucked so dry that she turned into dust, right?” Ami reminded.
 
“So, these must be…” Allen noted as he touched the tombstone which fell to the ground.
 
“AHHH! You broke it!” Lavi panicked.
 
“I just touched it!” Allen exclaimed.
 
Ami sighed and knelt down. Reaching down, she was about to replace the headstone when she noticed something.
 
“What's this?” she blinked.
 
“Guys, look here.” She called out.
 
“You see?” she pointed to the gravesite.
 
“There are pentacles on the ground.” Allen gasped.
 
“The Akuma's blood virus…” Lavi realized.
 
“Then, could it be that there are Akuma buried in these graves?” Ami frowned. “Yuu, Allen, Lavi, check the other graves.”
 
“There are pentacles here too.” Lavi reported, checking another grave.
 
“They're on all the graves.” Kanda concluded.
 
“Yeah, then when those plants ate Franz, did you guys see them then?” Lavi shuddered.
 
“Yeah.” Allen nodded.
 
“They were there, all right.” Ami added.
 
“Do you suppose that means…” Lavi trailed off.
 
“They'd eaten an Akuma?” Ami finished his sentence.
 
“We may be making a huge mistake here.” Allen realized.
 
“I was right.” Ami let out a small smile.
 
“Huh?” Allen blinked as the two older Exorcists approached the senior-junior pair.
 
“Krory is no vampire.” Ami revealed. “That bite mark from before is caused by Innocence. Looks like we have another Innocence user on our hands.”
 
“And this time,” she looked at Kanda. “It's no Vittorio.”
 
“Huh?” Allen blinked.
 
“Turns out, Krory's Innocence caused him to instinctively attack Akuma.” Ami explained. “His anti-Akuma weapon allows him to break down the poison in the Akuma's blood and control his own blood, and the blood of others to a certain extent. Similarly, he can extract the Akuma's blood virus from those infected with it.”
 
“How did you know all this?” Kanda asked.
 
“Hevlaska.” Ami replied simply.
 
“Should have known.” Lavi sighed. “Frostbite always does her research before a mission.”
 
“No, it's just that you guys are lazy.” Ami grinned.
 
“Hey!” Lavi whined.
 
Kanda smirked, “She does have a point.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
SailoStar9: And the gang discovers another Innocence-imbued person. Read and review.