Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ The Truth Behind Eliade ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 13 goes up. This is Chapter 14. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 14: The Truth Behind Eliade
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“You got me.” Eliade sighed, dusting invisible dust off herself. “Really… this is gonna leave a scar. You two are such snotty little brats. My outfit's ruined.”
 
“So, you were the Akuma from last night, weren't you?” Ami hissed.
 
“If only you hadn't come to this castle.” Eliade shrugged.
 
“I think you should convert your body and show your true Akuma form.” Allen suggested.
 
“I like looking like this.” Eliade retorted. “I want to be human, like this, forever! I hate my ugly, Akuma form!”
 
“I see.” Allen noted.
 
“If you agree to leave right now, then…” Eliade proposed.
 
“We're sorry.” Ami replied.
 
“As am I…” Eliade added as she reverted back to her Akuma form. “You're really cute. I could just eat you up!”
 
“No thank you.” Ami retorted as the two readied for battle.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back outside…
 
Lavi and Arystar were still fighting while Kanda was waiting for an opening.
 
“Getcha arse down there!” Lavi demanded, slamming his hammer on Arystar, as the two leapt up from the battle smoke.
 
Arystar landed, dragging several feet back as Lavi launched another attack on him.
 
“Shit!” Lavi gasped when Arystar grabbed the handle of his hammer and tossed the red-haired Bookman off.
 
“Che!” Kanda snorted, using his Mugen to block off Arystar's attack.
 
“Thank you Yuu!” Lavi beamed as he leapt to his feet.
 
“I told you don't call me that!” Kanda retorted.
 
Their bickering was cut off when they heard Arystar scream in agony.
 
“Huh?” Lavi blinked. “What, now?”
 
“Hey, what the matter?” he called out as Arystar slammed himself against the tree, screaming in pain.
 
No! Arystar realized. Out of power now, of all times? All little more… I need just a little more of Eliade's blood…
 
“No!” he exclaimed. “I drank too much already! She'll die!”
 
“Eliade will…” he cried, banging his head against the tree trunk.
 
“He doesn't seem quite right in the head there…” Lavi noted.
 
“Well, whatever.” He grinned. “I don't know what's going on there, but this a good chance. Forgive me!”
 
“Innocence, activate. Level Two!” he summoned his Level Two seals.
 
“I should get out of here, right?” Kanda raised an eyebrow.
 
“Right on!” Lavi grinned.
 
“Grow! Hammer of Flames!” he called forth his fire seal once Kanda was out of the way. “Hell Fire Cyclone!”
 
A flame cyclone then engulfed Arystar, taking him up into the air in the form of a fire snake.
 
“Don't worry, I let you off easy.” Lavi added as Arystar crashed into the castle, the fire snake was still going strong.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back in the castle…
 
The Akuma formed Eliade attacked the senior-junior pair. Allen met her head on with his anti-Akuma weapon.
 
“What's that?” he asked feeling the ground beneath them broke apart, Lavi's fire snake emerging from the floor, before continuing its way downstairs.
 
“Damn, he activated his Level Two already?” Ami inquired, grabbing Allen as they both crashed out of the window.
 
Allen screamed as they fell, only to have Lavi grab him to prevent his fall, as Kanda jumped up to catch Ami to break her descent.
 
“Lavi!” Allen blinked.
 
“Yo, Allen! Where you off to?” Lavi grinned.
 
“Thanks Lavi.” Allen breathed in relief. “You're looking well.”
 
“I'm getting by.” Lavi replied.
 
“Thanks Peacock.” Ami grinned. “I own you one.”
 
“You own me more than one.” Kanda smirked as he let her down.
 
“You're keeping tabs?” Ami grinned.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back in the castle…
 
“Arystar!” Eliade gasped when she saw the defeated Arystar.
 
“Convert!” she instructed, returning to her human form.
 
“Lord Arystar!” she exclaimed, picking him up. “Lord Arystar!”
 
“Hm?” Lavi blinked as the four arrived on the scene.
 
“Hey, something's weird here.” He added, rubbing his visible eye. “Allen, is that woman an Akuma? I can see the soul floating by her side!”
 
“My goodness!” Allen gasped. “You can see it, too?”
 
“Me too.” Kanda replied, shell-shocked for once.
 
“Ami-sempai?” Allen asked.
 
“Yeah…” Ami replied.
 
“So, that's what an Akuma's soul looks like.” Lavi gasped.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Flashback
 
 
“Come back! Come back! Please, return to me!” Eliade wept.
 
Caught…. the nameless soul now turned into Akuma thought. Trapped… imprisoned… it's so painful… it's all this woman's fault.
 
“Welcome.” The Earl of Millennium greeted Eliade who summoned the soul back. “You're mine now. Now, I order to kill this woman and take her form.”
 
“Kill me?” Eliade echoed as the Earl grabbed her by her arms.
 
It hurts… the trapped soul hissed. Must… obey…
 
“Now, kill her!” the Earl ordered once she opened her eyes.
 
With a scream, the soul killed the woman.
 
The woman who called my soul back became my guise. The soul mused. Her form was so beautiful. As an Akuma, I killed and killed, and kept evolving. As I evolved, I was allowed my own consciousness. I consoled myself in shopping, in my beauty, in dances and parties. I was cute and pretty. Every man that came to me said that I was so beautiful and adorable. I was an Akuma, though. I killed them without a second thought. All the men who offered me their hands died so easily. When I killed, I was so ugly. Not pretty, and not at all cute. I realized that I could never be like a real, human woman. I thought… I want to be like them… If only for a moment, I want to feel like a real woman. But it could never be. I'm an Akuma, after all. An Akuma is a machine, a construct programmed to kill.
 
“Eliade, reporting.” She reported to the Earl who was rocking his chair.
 
“You've killed a great deal indeed.” The Earl told her. “Good, good.”
 
“Thank you, sir.” Eliade curtseyed.
 
I'm an Akuma, after all. Eliade mused. Just a machine programmed by the Earl to murder.
 
“I have a job for you.” The Earl told her. “This man, Arystar Krory the Third, seems suspicious. Check him out.”
 
“Arystar Krory?” Eliade echoed.
 
“It's possible he's made contact with Exorcist Marshall Cross.” The Earl added. “You may have as many level ones as you wish, so take them with you. If there's nothing suspicious about Krory, kill him without hesitation.”
 
“Yes sir.” Eliade replied.
 
“Hey, Millennie!” Road jumped onto the Earl. “Guess who?”
 
“Road!” the Earl exclaimed. “You took my Rero again, didn't you?”
 
“Oh, so what?” Road whined. “Forgive me!”
 
“No, no, I won't forgive you, you little brat!” the Earl chided. “Bratty brat brat!”
 
“Who cares? I like Rero!” Road complained as Eliade walked off.
 
No matter how beautiful I was, the Earl would never praise me. Eliade thought as she walked off. The Earl wasn't interested in anything like that. I'm an Akuma, after all. Even so, I kept trying to become more and more beautiful. To become more attractive… like a human… like a human woman someday…
 
“Shut up!” she scolded her underlings were chanting. “Those damn mechanical voices are driving me crazy!”
 
Eliade… Eliade… we must kill… for the Earl…Do not stop. Do not wait.” The voices continued to chant.
 
“Go ahead. I'll catch up to you!” Eliade told them.
 
“Damnit, I can't stand them.” She sighed after they left her alone. “I absolutely despise level ones.
 
I'll kill many more from now on, never being able to do what I want. Eliade mused as she powdered her face. I'll kill and kill, and evolve even more. What lies at the end, of this evolution, though? I love human men. They love me. They praise me. And yet, I hate them, because they die so easily. They die after a single touch my Akuma's hands… men…
 
She was snapped out of her musings when Arystar attacked her.
 
I can't move! She realized when she was pinned under Arystar. What is this man? Who is he? Those fangs… this… this feels so awful…
 
I'm dying. She thought once Arystar bit her neck. This man is biting me… killing me…
 
“I'm alive…” she blinked, getting up and feeling her neck.
 
“I… I drank human blood! Arystar wept, huddled aside. “I killed…
 
“You're alive?” he gasped when Eliade laid a hand on his shoulder.
 
“Why didn't you kill me?” Eliade asked.
 
“My consciousness returned before I was able. So… I was startled and stopped. I'm sorry!” Arystar replied.
 
I hated those teeth, Eliade thought. But I was drawn to them, drawn to that sick feeling.
 
“I've found you!” Eliade smiled as she knelt beside him.
 
“It's my turn.” She added and kissed him. Then, she giggled when Arystar fainted in her arms.
 
That was how Arystar Krory and I met. Eliade continued. Arystar was host to an Innocence fragment, the natural enemy of Akuma. He gained superhuman power through consumption of Akuma's blood. But because of his Innocence, Arystar's body was able to withstand my touch. Since we met, Arystar has refused to drink my blood, so that he would not kill me. When he needed blood, he would go after other Akuma, to fill that need. He would go after my subordinates in the village. I didn't care. I just want to be with him, forever, in this castle.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back in the present…
“Lord Arystar! Lord Arystar!” Eliade wept.
 
“Eliade…” Arystar peered open his eyes.
 
“Lord Arystar!” Eliade breathed in relief.
 
“Eliade, what is that?” Arystar asked, seeing the imprisoned soul within her. “What is that, coming out of you? What is it?”
 
So, that's the Akuma's soul, called back from the afterlife to serve as its power… Lavi mused.
 
“Allen, it's amazing. Why can I see it, too? Is it thanks to that left eye of yours?” he asked.
 
My left eye is stronger. Allen realized. Has Mana's curse become more powerful? People other than myself can see the images of the souls that I see. So…
 
“Krory, can you see that thing coming out of your girlfriend?” Lavi called out.
 
“It's an Akuma's soul.” Allen informed him. “She's an Akuma! She's out enemy!”
 
“Is it true, Eliade?” Arystar asked. “Do you know anything about this?”
 
“I…” Eliade stammered. “I…”
 
“This blood…” Arystar gasped as Eliade's blood dripped on him. “Your blood…”
 
“God, I'll just kill you now.” Eliade stood up and returned to her original form.
 
Not waiting for the stunned Arystar to respond, she knocked him back with a tail whip.
 
“I had planned to use you for my own evil purposes, but I've had enough!” the newly revealed Akuma told him. “I can't let you become an Exorcist! I'll kill you now!”
 
“The old crow was all up on me, trying to bite me!” Lavi exclaimed in horror.
 
“And you realized now?” Ami deadpanned.
 
“Who's the old crow?” Allen asked.
 
“We've gotta save him!” Lavi told his companions.
 
Just then, the side walls exploded as some more of the carnivorous flowers emerged.
 
“The flowers! The flowers are attacking!” Allen exclaimed as the group split to avoid the plants' assault.
 
“We didn't get all of these damned flowers?” Lavi wailed as he was caught by the plants' vines.
 
“There's a ton of them!” Allen cried out as he too was caught by the vines.
 
“What the hell is with you guys? Go help your master!” Lavi wailed.
 
“Did I mention that I hate botany?” Ami asked, dodging another vine whip.
 
“Do we have time for that?” Kanda questioned warily, cutting through a vine with his weapon.
 
“Your grandfather's inheritance are crying to be fed!” Eliade snorted. “When you die, shall I give them your body?”
 
“I loved you…” Arystar told her, weeping. “I loved you from the moment we met. If we're truly enemies, why did you not kill me then? You could have done so at any time.
 
“I was using you!” Eliade retorted. “I wanted something from you! That's why I stopped myself from killing you.”
 
“I see…” Arystar noted. “So you're really an Akuma, aren't you?”
 
“Eliade…” he told her, licking off the blood on his hand. “I've always wanted to kill you, as well!”
 
“We're so similar, aren't we?” Eliade mocked.
 
“Indeed.” Arystar agreed.
 
With a grunt, she faced him head on.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

SailorStar9: And we have the truth about Eliade. Too bad Arystar's going to end up killing her in the next chapter.