Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ The Vampire I Loved ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 14 goes up. This is Chapter 15. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 15: The Vampire I Loved
 
***************************************************************** *************************
“Those Priests are probably killing Krory even as we speak.” George remarked.
 
“I saw this huge pillar of fire just a moment ago.” a villager noted.
 
“What was that? What you do think, Mr. Mayor?” another asked.
 
“Let's ask the Priest who stayed behind in the inn.” George suggested. “Say, Mr. Priest?”
 
“Huh?” he blinked when he saw Bookman was missing. “Mr. Priest, where did you go?”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back in the castle…
 
Both Allen and Lavi screamed as they were taken up by the vines.
 
“Oh crap…” Lavi wailed. “We'll never be able to help the old crow now!”
 
“We've got to get out!” Allen told him.
 
“Only if we could find the mother plant…” Ami voiced out, forming a water bubble to protect Kanda and her from the vines.
 
“Anytime now, Yuu…” she grunted as the vines pounded on her shield.
 
“Dam…!” she barely made out a curse when the vines broke through, grabbing the two Exorcists.
 
“I really, really, hate botany.” She muttered.
 
“Grow, grow…” Lavi tried to summon his hammer.
 
“No!” he cried when a vine removed his weapon.
 
“Lavi!” Allen gasped when the red-haired exorcist was swallowed by a flower.
 
“Ahhh! I'm being eaten! Help me…!” Lavi cried.
 
“Lavi, calm down and do exactly as I say!” Allen told him.
 
“You some kinda of idiot?” Lavi exclaimed. “If I calm down I'll be ripped to shreds!”
 
“Why do we have to put up with them?” Kanda sighed.
 
“Damn!” he hissed when a vine took his weapon.
 
“Two equipment gone, we're so screwed.” Ami noted, looking up at Kanda's dangling sword.
 
“I told you before, I've taken care of flowers like these, when I was with Master.” Allen told him.
 
“Really?” Lavi asked from within the flower. “Then you can stop this thing?”
 
“Yes!” Allen replied.
 
“Ami-sempai!” he looked at his senior.
 
Ami nodded, “The flowers don't attack those who are kind to them. Try and think kind, happy thoughts about it.”
 
“Although, it might be a little hard for Yuu…” she giggled.
 
Kanda glared.
 
“Kind and happy?” Lavi echoed.
 
“Tell them you love them!” Allen exclaimed.
 
“Yup, definitely very hard.” Ami nodded.
 
“Fine!” Lavi exclaimed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Meanwhile…
 
Arystar was battling Eliade. Jumping up after giving her some kicks, he stopped when he found himself surrounded by bubbles.
 
Taking hiss hesitation, Eliade knocked him off.
 
“You're smart.” She mocked. “You were right to gain some distance from me. These balls are my power.
 
“Power?” Arystar echoed as Eliade formed more bubbled with her mouth.
 
“Can you withstand them?” Eliade demanded, sending the bubbles at him.
 
Arystar jumped to avoid the attack.
 
The flowers are dying! He realized when a flower was caught within a bubble. Then, the bubble barrage caught more flowers, causing them to wilt.
 
“I've got plenty more where that came from!” Eliade declared, intensifying her attack.
 
Arystar dodged the attack but had his arm caught in a bubble. As the bubble burst, he grimaced as his arm lost its moisture.
 
“Damnit!” he hissed.
 
Using his destroyed arm, he slashed through a bubble.
 
Is that water? He wondered as the bubble burst. I see…
 
“These bubbles suck the water from whatever lies within, leaving it dry and empty.” He reasoned, jumping onto a ledge.
 
“That's right. That's my power.” Eliade replied. “No living thing can stop me when I have these bubbles defending me.”
 
“How stupid.” Arystar retorted. “Eliade, the punishment for hurting my grandfather's flowers is harsh indeed.”
 
“Ooh, I'm so scared.” Eliade mocked. “You don't really care for these flowers at all, do you? You talk about your grandfather like he's some kind of saint, but it's his fault that you can never leave this castle! You deserve no better than to sit and rot in this damned mansion!”
 
“Yes.” Arystar nodded. “If only you had stayed with me, I would not have minded spending my life in this manner. Eliade…”
 
Though you may be an Akuma, I still love you. He added mentally.
 
“Still… I can't stand seeing you so ugly.” He replied. “I'll destroy you, body and soul!”
 
“Never! If you think you can kill me, just go ahead and try!” Eliade retorted, firing her bubbles at the incoming Arystar.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back with the Exorcist gang…
 
“What the…” Allen blinked when he saw a bright blue light glowing from Ami. “Ami-sempai…”
 
“Wow, Frostbite…” Lavi gasped as the light expanded.
 
The flowers stopped in their tracks as the light suddenly spread out, covering the plants.
 
“Huh?” Allen blinked as he was suddenly dropped to the ground.
 
“At last!” Lavi breathed in relief.
 
“Che!” Kanda snorted as he jumped down.
 
“What's that?” Allen asked as Eliade's bubbles absorbed the moisture from the flowers, causing one to fall beside him.
 
“Krory?” Lavi gasped as he and Allen rushed to the battlefield. “Krory!”
 
“Don't let them touch you!” Kanda warned, realizing what the bubbles were doing to the building.
 
“Ah shit on a shingle! We're gotta help him!” Lavi cried as Allen pulled him off.
 
Arystar just rushed forwards, ignoring the bubbles that bombarded onto him, ridding his body of its water.
 
In mid-air, the bubbles then congregated around him, draining Arystar of any moisture he had.
 
“What the…” Eliade stopped her attack, turning her attention to the still blinding light.
 
“Stop.” Came a soft voice from within the light that was not distinctively Ami's.
 
“Huh?” Allen blinked as the light suddenly dispelled and Crown Princess Adeline of Mercury appeared in her Princess form, inside a bubble. The orb that was her Innocence had turned into a crystal rose.
 
“What?” Eliade hissed as Mercury Princess lifted the crystal within her cupped hands, her Planetary sign burning on her forehead. The crystal then burst into full light, a symbol of a pink heart blazing in the center, freezing her bubbles and popping them one by one. A drained Arystar fell to the ground.
 
“Goodbye, Arystar.” Eliade told the dry Arystar in front of her.
 
“Who are you?” she demanded, now turning to Princess Adeline.
 
“I am Mercury, Keeper of the Heart Rose.” The newly-revealed Planetary Princess said, two snow-white angel wings suddenly spread on her back as she unleashed the crystal's power once again.
 
Eliade screamed as the light washed over her.
 
“So cold…” Lavi shivered.
 
“What the…” he blinked when he realized his injuries were healed.
 
“Healing Snow…” Kanda realized as the snow dust flew past them.
 
“Amazing…” Allen breathed in awe.
 
“Crap!” Kanda hissed when the light died down, Adeline returning back to her current incarnation, and the unconscious ice wielder came dropping down to the ground. Jumping up, the Japanese swordsman caught her.
 
What the… he blinked, noticing a blue light on her forehead. Sweeping her fridge aside, his eyes widened at the still bright Mercury sign that then started to fade.
 
“Come on, Nymph…” he urged after landing, trying to shake her awake.
 
“I'm okay.” Ami replied, peering her eyes open. “Just drained, I suppose.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Huh?” Eliade was confused when she found herself reverted to her human form.
 
“Arystar…” she looked down at her fallen lover. “I… had something I want from you... I suppose I can't possibly have it now, can I?”
 
Then her eyes widened when Arystar's drained head pounced on her shoulder, draining her of her blood.
 
“So, you can move…” she sighed in relief.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back with the Exorcist group, the three male Exorcists were making their way to the battlefield, with Kanda supporting the weakened Ami.
 
“He's drinking her blood!” Allen gasped when he saw Arystar sucking Eliade's shoulder.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

I knew these fangs would destroy me. Eliade mused as Arystar continued drinking her blood with no hesitation.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Flashback
 
There were always so many men who asked for my hand, calling me beautiful. She thought. There was just one thing I wanted. It was the only way that I could become as beautiful as a real woman. Whenever they felt that way, they were so much more beautiful than I. however… no matter how I wished to, it could never be. After all, I was an Akuma. I killed all the men who came near me. I needed a man who could not kill me.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back in the present…
 
I wanted to love, and so I needed a man who could love me. Eliade wondered as Arystar continued to drain her blood. Someone my blood would not kill. The one person who fit that profile, though, could kill me, instead.
 
“You know, I…” Eliade smiled at the renewed Arystar. “I wanted to love you…”
 
“Arystar…” she reached out to the weeping Arystar. “I… wanted you to love me…”
 
With that, she died in his arms, dissolving into dust.
 
“Eliade…” Arystar muttered as Eliade's soul rose back to the heavens.
 
Thank you, Arystar… and you too, Mercury-sama for purifying me… Eliade mentally conveyed her thanks.
 
“Mr. Krory…” Allen spoke as he and Lavi approached him.
 
“I want to die…” Arystar admitted. “I killed the one I loved. I held her in my arms as I took her life…”
 
“Took her life…” Allen echoed.
 
“What a monster I am.” Arystar wept. “I drank her blood and my body's health was returned. I killed Eliade to preserve my own life. It's no use living on as such a monster.”
 
“If you're really in such pain,” Allen shouted, grabbing Arystar's coat. “Then join the Exorcists! Our job is to destroy Akuma. Today, you destroyed an Akuma that called itself Eliade. If you continue to destroy them, it will become your new calling in life. As long as you have a reason to live, you should be able to keep going. You're a host to an Innocence fragment, just as we are.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

After the battle, the four entered the room where Arystar's grandfather kept all his collections.
 
“Yes, this man did indeed come here.” Arystar remarked, looking at General Cross' picture. “He said he was an old friend of my grandfather's, and come to return something he'd borrowed.”
 
“Something he borrowed?” Allen echoed.
 
“Yes, this.” Arystar replied, taking a flower pot from its shelf.
 
“This is…” Allen gasped.
 
“Rosanne's pot!” Ami exclaimed in horror.
 
“Do you remember it?” Arystar asked.
 
“Yes, quite well…” Allen stammered.
 
“All too well…” Ami agreed.
 
“What was in there?” Lavi asked.
 
“A baby plant.” Arystar replied.
 
“I knew it!” Allen shivered.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Flashback to a twelve-year-old Allen who was holding onto the pot.
 
“Allen.” Cross told him, “If you do anything to Rosanne, you'll get a hundred times worse.
 
“Right! Allen beamed, but turned into a statue when the plant tried to devour his head.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“Don't worry, he's just remembering his troubled past.” Lavi assured Arystar who was blinking at Allen's pained expression.
 
“Tim!” Ami rebuked the Golem which was intimating the flower.
 
“Anyhow, that's what he returned to you?” Lavi asked.
 
“Yes.” Arystar nodded. “There was something odd about it, though. It tried to bite me, then dried up.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Flashback
 
“I can't breathe!” Arystar gasped. “Was that plant poisoned?”
 
“Mah teef!” he exclaimed when all of his teeth fell out.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“Now that I think of it, that flower may have been this Innocence of which you speak.” Arystar pondered.
 
“I'm sure it was.” Allen assured him. “I wonder why there was a fragment in that plant, though.”
 
“Well, Master said he'd come here to return it, so there must have been some Innocence here in the first place.” Ami reasoned.
 
“After I grew those fangs, I started to thirst for blood, and met Eliade.” Arystar recalled.
 
“We're looking for the man who gave you this.” Lavi told him. “Do you know anything about him, Kro?”
 
“Well, he asked me to lend him some money, seeing as how he was my grandfather's friend…” Arystar replied.
 
Both General Cross' disciples sweatdropped.
 
“Up to his old tricks?” Allen sighed.
 
“Next time I see that jerk…” Ami hissed, an animated vein popping out of her fist. Kanda let out an amused smirk.
 
“Krory…” Allen begun.
 
“No, I'm all right.” Arystar assured them. “I have a favor to ask. Will you wait for me outside the castle grounds? I will prepare for my journey.”
 
“We will.” Allen smiled.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Outside the castle…
 
“It's gonna be morning soon.” Lavi stretched. “That was quite a night.”
 
“I guess the only clue we received about Master's whereabouts was that he came here.” Allen remarked. “Why did we bother coming here?”
 
“Well, we got Krory to join up with us, so it wasn't a total waste.” Lavi pointed out.
 
“Yes…” Allen replied.
 
“Stop acting like you robbed a bank or something.” Lavi told his companion, seeing Allen's downcast expression. “He might not be in very good shape now, but Krory needs a reason to keep living, like you said. He'll get over it soon enough.”
 
“Yeah…” Allen nodded.
 
“Wise words.” Bookman remarked.
 
“Bookman!” Allen gasped.
 
“When'd you get here, old fart?” Lavi asked.
 
“Just now.” Bookman replied.
 
“Not to worry, you didn't need to come all this way.” Lavi told him. “We took care of everything.”
 
“Who was the one who got caught by the flowers first, I wonder.” Kanda smirked.
 
“Yuu…” Ami giggled at Lavi's pained expression.
 
“That hurt, damnit!” Lavi complained after Bookman kicked him in the face, sending him flying into a tree.
 
“Took care of it?” Bookman exclaimed, a huge animated vein popping out of his head. “You're like a bull in a china shop! Why'd you have to blow a hole in the damn castle?”
 
“It was a matter of life and death!” Lavi argued. “At least hear me out before getting all violent, panda-man!”
 
“I'll be as violent as I like!” Bookman retorted. “You're a raging incompetent, greenhorn!”
 
“So are you!” Lavi yelled back.
 
“No I'm not!” Bookman scolded.
 
“Thos two…” Ami sighed.
 
“Che!” Kanda snorted as he led Ami away.
 
“Kanda, where are you going?” Allen asked.
 
“Away form this ruckus, bean sprout!” Kanda replied as the couple walked away. “It's giving me a headache.”
 
“Where were you all this time, anyway?” Lavi asked his Master.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
“More like you want some alone time.” Ami teased when they were out of earshot.
 
“Shut up.” Kanda replied, a small smile gracing his face.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Meanwhile, Bookman did not have the chance to answer when the castle exploded.
 
“The castle…” Lavi gasped at the sight of the blazing castle.
 
“No!” Allen breathed in horror. “Mr. Krory!”
 
“Why the long faces?” Arystar laughed when he walked out of the flames. “Did you think I was dead? I'm fine. I will be an Exorcist from now on.”
 
“Right!” Allen smiled.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Eliade, I will continue to fight the Akuma. I must, that your death will not be in vain. Arystar promised.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

SailorStar9: This chapter is done. Read and review.