Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ The End Begins ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 16 goes up. This is Chapter 17. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 17: The End Begins
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“So, that's him?” Tyki asked, twirling the King of Spades as the image turned into Marshall Yeegar's picture.
 
“He doesn't look like he'll be much fun.” Road complained. “Let's just take care of him, Tyki.”
 
“Bang!” she grinned, mock firing at the carriage with Rero.
 
“What do you think of them?” Thierry asked.
 
“He's trying his best to shoulder the burden of his destiny, while she has yet to discover the truth about hers.” The Marshall replied. “I'd like to have a nice, long talk with them sometime.”
 
“I see.” The second Finder noted.
 
“I hope they come to think the Order as their home.” Thierry added.
 
“Speaking of which, we haven't been back in a while, have we?.” The second Finder pointed out.
 
“Yes, shall we head over there, for a change?” The Marshall agreed.
 
“Sure, and maybe we can look for Innocence hosts along the way.” The second Finder added.
 
“Rain?” the Marshall pondered as he glanced out of the window.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

At the harbor…
 
“Delayed?” Allen echoed.
 
“I'm afraid that we can't send any boats out until the weather clears!” the announcer told the crowd.
 
“Allen! Ami-nee!” Lenalee called out.
 
“Lenalee!” Allen blinked.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“Quite the storm out there.” Lenalee commented as the trio settled in a restaurant.
 
“It really is.” Allen agreed, chewing on his meat.
 
“Swallow first before you talk.” Ami rebuked.
 
“There aren't any canals connecting to the Order around here, so we we'll have to wait it out.” Lenalee added.
 
“Right.” Allen agreed, chomping on his broccoli.
 
“I was in Spain on a recovery mission, but there wasn't anything there.” Lenalee offered. “How about you two? The both of you met Marshall Yeegar, didn't you?”
 
“He was so nice.” Allen smiled, putting down his fork. “He treated me like a real apprentice. It was a welcome change.”
 
“I learnt so much from Marshall Yeegar. He's so wonderful.” Lenalee agreed.
 
“He really is like a teacher, isn't he?” Allen asked. “I hope I can see him again soon.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

At headquarters, Koumi sneezed.
 
“Ooh, I've e got the chills! Maybe I've got a cold.” he shivered.
 
“Supervisor!” Reever told Koumi.
 
“These need your signature!” Johnny added as the rest of the team heaved stacks of papers in front of Koumi.
 
“You're awful!” Koumi scolded. “You don't care about me, you just want my signature!”
 
His ranting was cut short when the phone rang and Koumi picked up the call.
 
“Hello?” he answered.
 
“It's Kanda.” The swordsman replied. “I recovered the Innocence.”
 
“Well done, well done!” Koumi praised. “How are you? How's Copenhagen treating you? Is it nice there? I'll bet it's really pretty! I'm struck in this moldy castle like a prisoner!”
 
“I got a funny message from the Earl of Millennium.” Kanda cut his complains short. “He said that the worst was yet to come.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Flashback
 
“Hi!” the Earl greeted the swordsman. The time has come. Your seven thousand year intermission is over, and the play begins again, at last. Be ready for your curtain calls, for it is your story, Exorcists!
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Just then, the phones in Koumi's office started ringing one by one.
 
“What's going on?” Reever asked, as the group split to answer the phones.
 
“Supervisor!” Reever reported. We're getting word form an Exorcist in Austria that he received a message from the Earl of Millennium!”
 
“Supervisor, there's another one from the Exorcist in Hungary!” Johnny reported.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back with Marshall Yeegar's carriage…
 
The Finder driving the carriage stopped when he was intercepted by a group of Akumas on the road.
 
“What happened?” the Finder within the carriage asked as he jumped out.
 
“Marshall…” Thierry started.
 
“Who are you?” Yeegar asked, when Road showed her face as she sat on one of the Akuma's shoulder.
 
“Road Kamelot.” Road introduced herself.
 
“Tyki Mikk.” Tyki added, coming out from behind the other Akuma. “Marshall Yeegar, I'd like all the Innocence you have in your possession. Yours as well, of course.”
 
“Did you honestly think that I'd just give it up?” the Marshall asked.
 
“That's your Innocence, isn't it?” Road beamed as the Marshall prepared for battle. “You know, I learnt in school the other day that the country of Belgium's name comes from the Celtic word `belgae'.”
 
“And `belgae' means warrior.” The Marshall added.
 
“Well done!” Road praised. “You certainly know your stuff, Professor. We brought super-strong Akuma warriors, but there's no fun in a quick and easy battle, so try to hold them of a bit.”
 
“Thierry, Pierre, Verne!” the Marshall told the three Finders.
 
“Sir!” Thierry and Pierre turned to the Marshall.
 
“I'll make an opening on the left. You guys get out of here.” The Marshall told him.
 
“Marshall…” Verne gasped.
 
“There are too many of them for you to fight off.” The Marshall told him.
 
“But sir!” Pierre objected.
 
“That's an order!” the Marshall replied. “You have to report this to headquarters.”
 
“Now!” he told him, his chains activating.
 
Tyki blinked then grinned as the Marshall destroyed two Level Ones in an instant.
 
As the three Finders escaped, the Marshall used his chains to deflect the bullets the Akuma shot at him, before tossing his chains at the Akumas, destroying them.
 
Now facing off with the two Level Twos, the Marshall leapt back to avoid one of their attacks, using his chain to guard against the sword stab of the other.
 
“Ooh, that's not bad.” Road praised as she landed on the carriage.
 
“Marshall!” Pierre gasped.
 
“Stop. Get them!” one of the Level Twos ordered its underlings.
 
“I have all the Innocence.” The Marshall revealed, showing the Innocence fragments he had gathered.
 
“Really?” the other Level Two asked.
 
“He does!” his partner replied.
 
“Marshall!” Pierre gasped as the Level One Akumas turned back.
 
“Go on, get out of here!” the Marshall told them, unleashing his chains to destroy the Level Ones. “I'll catch up.”
 
Dodging the bullets fired at him, the aged Marshall continued using his chains to destroy the Level One Akumas.
 
“Please, go.” He pleaded. “I'll not let the Akuma kill anyone else for me. I fight to prevent anyone from dying by an Akuma's hand again!”
 
“Very well.” Verne sighed.
 
“Marshall Yeegar!” Pierre called out and the three Finders saluted before escaping.
 
“I will hold out until reinforcements arrive from headquarters.” The Marshall swore.
 
“His stubborn adherence to the rules will be his undoing.” Tyki mused.
 
“Hurry!” Pierre urged. “We have to tell headquarters!”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

At headquarters…
 
Reever was pacing in the office when the phone rang.
 
“Supervisor!” he called out. “Marshall Yeegar is under attack!”
 
“We request immediate assistance. The enemy numbers…” Verne begged.
 
“Ten Akumas and two others presumed to be Noah Clansmen.” Reever reported.
 
“Get a fix on their location.” Koumi ordered.
 
“Yes sir!” Reever replied.
 
“Tell all Exorcists in the field that Marshall Yeegar is under attack by the Noah Clan.” He instructed his team. “Anyone in the area should go assist him immediately!”
 
“Yes sir!” Johnny replied and the rest of the group split up.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back in the café…
 
“You full?” Lenalee smiled as Allen rubbed his stomach.
 
“Yeah!” Allen beamed.
 
Just then, Lenalee's wireless Golem rang.
 
“An emergency call?” she blinked as the black Golem fluttered out of her coat. “What could it be?”
 
“This is headquarters!” Reever informed her once she connected the Golem. “Marshall Yeegar is under attack by the Noah Clan!”
 
“The Marshall…” Allen gasped, dropping his coffee cup.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back on the battlefield…
 
The Marshall deflected the Akumas' attack with his chains. Grabbing the two with his weapon, he crashed them into each other. Then, he sent his chains once more to the rest of the Level Ones, freeing the trapped souls.
 
“He's not doing that bad.” Road noted.
 
May the souls released here find peace. The Marshall prayed.
 
“You're good. You are a Marshall after all.” One of the Level Twos praised as it and its companion walked towards the aged Marshall.
 
“But we will stop you here.” Its partner added.
 
“Pitiful…” the Marshall told them, unleashing his chains on one of them, only to have his weapon blocked by the Akuma's shield. The Marshall was forced to block the sword thrust by the other Akuma.
 
“I never wanted to fight…” the aged Marshall told them jumping up to avoid a backstab and unleashing his chains to the shield-wielding Akuma, piercing through its body. The lance-wielding Akuma then thrust its weapon at the Marshall, its spear caught by the Marshall's chains.
 
“I just wanted to live a normal life!” the Marshall added, tossing his chains at the last Akuma, destroying it.
 
“Well done indeed!” Tyki praised as Road leapt off the carriage.
 
“I guess we'll have to take care of him.” Road sighed.
 
“Noah Clansmen, are you?” the Marshall asked. “I had heard that you were human, not Akuma. And yet you serve the Earl of Millennium.”
 
“We do not serve him.” Tyki corrected.
 
“And we aren't just human.” Road added. “We're super-humans, endowed with the genes of Noah, God's closest son.”
 
“Super-human?” the Marshall echoed.
 
“And we're gonna end this world filled with half-arses like you!” Road added.
 
“I had a student who thought the same way.” The Marshall revealed. “She could not hear how foolish and ignorant she sounded.”
 
His chains glowing, the Marshall sent his weapon at the two Noahs.
 
“Lerorororo!” Rero complained as the chains wrapped around it. “It hurts, Lero!”
 
His chains still wrapped around the talking umbrella, the Marshall tossed the pointed end of the umbrella back at Road.
 
“How dare he?” Road hissed as Rero scratched her face.
 
“Take this!” she cried out, sending a wave of pink energy at the Marshall. The aged Marshall then dispelled the wave with his chains.
 
“Well then, I'll send you to meet your dearly beloved students!” Road smirked as the pinkish sparkles then surrounded the Marshall, engulfing him in its darkness.
 
Within Road's illusion, the Marshall found himself back in his memories, the younger version of him surrounded by his students.
 
“Sir!” one of the students greeted him.
 
“Sir!” another beamed.
 
“Mr. Yeegar!” a female student smiled.
 
“This…” the Marshall gasped.
 
“Look, it's your little demonic pupil.” Road laughed.
 
“Joanne!” the Marshall gasped as the girl walked through him.
 
The scene then turned into the classroom.
 
“You are right, Joanne?” the bespectacled male student asked her.
 
“You don't look so well.” A female student noted.
 
“Cheer up, you'll get through this!” another female student assured her.
 
“You're an Exorcist!” Road taunted as Joanne turned into an Akuma right in front of the rest of the pupils. “You got to destroy the Akuma!”
 
“Stop it!” the Marshall demanded, tossing his chain to destroy the newly-revealed Akuma.
 
“If you had been this strong back then, you could have saved all your students.” Road mocked.
 
As the smoke cleared, the Marshall gasped when Joanne walked through him, her meeting with the Earl of Millennium reoccurring all over again.
 
“Stop it!” the Marshall demanded, throwing his chain at the Akuma as everything was recreated.
 
“Teacher…” Joanne's soul muttered before turning into an Akuma.
 
“Please, stop!” the Marshall begged, raising his arms to protect the students behind him and unleashing his chain to destroy the Akuma. The Akuma then reformed and fired its bullets, killing the students.
 
“Please stop!” he pleaded as the tragedy repeated itself over and over.
 
“Will you give me the Innocence?” Road asked.
 
“Please… please stop…” the Marshall implored.
 
“If you give it to me, I'll let you out of here.” Road tempted.
 
“No!” the Marshall screamed.
 
“The Earl of Millennium is looking for you!” Road sang. “Looking for you, you precious Heart! Is this really it? Let's take a look!”
 
“Come on, sing with me.” she demanded. “Sing!”
 
“Tyki?” she blinked as her companion stopped her.
 
“That's enough.” Tyki rebuked. “Let him out.”
 
Road whined and dispelled her illusion.
 
“I'll finish this quickly.” Tyki added. Jumping up, he charged up a flower-shaped energy in his hand, forcing the Marshall to jump back to avoid the attack.
 
From the smoke, Tyki then pressed another flower-shaped energy into the Marshall's body.
 
Weakened, the Marshall lashed his chains out, making the Noah jump back.
 
“Get out of here, everyone!” he whispered to the darkened skies. “I'll save you!”
 
“It'll be over soon.” Tyki smirked, forming a black flower in his hand, using it to deflect the Marshall's chains. Then, he sent the powered-up energy beam at the Marshall, sending the aged Marshall flying back.
 
As he lay on his back, the Marshall recalled his students.
 
“If only I could have saved you…” he mumbled. “Everyone, Athena… I'll leave Athena to you all…”
 
With that, he passed out.
 
“Is it over?” the Earl asked, appearing behind Road.
 
Taking the Innocence fragments from Tyki, he then crashed every single one.
 
“None of these are the Heart.” He told the two Noahs. “And the last one?”
 
Tyki raised his hand over the Marshall's weapon, revealing in the Innocence fragment.
 
“Pitch.” He tossed it to the Earl. Swinging Rero at the fragment, the Earl destroyed the Innocence.
 
“Neither is that.” He added.
 
“All that trouble and none of these is it?” Road whined.
 
“He's still alive.” She noted.
 
“Still alive, bound by his own chains…” Tyki smirked, pressing another energy blow into the Marshall. Removing his button from his coat, the Noah's smirk widened.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Some time later, the three Exorcists arrived on the scene.
 
“Marshall Yeegar!” Allen called out.
 
“Where is he?” Lenalee asked.
 
“What's that??” Allen gasped when he saw the remnants of the fight.
 
Then, Lenalee gasped when she saw Thierry standing a few feet away.
 
“Thierry, where's the Marshall?” Allen asked as the three teenagers ran towards the Finder.
 
“Well…” Thierry started and turned to his right where the other two Finders were.
 
Allen dropped the briefcase in shock when he saw what was hanging from the tree. Lenalee fell to her knees.
 
“Marshall Yeegar…” Allen wept when he saw the much weakened Marshall hung onto the truck by his chains.
 
“Marshall?” he gasped, when he saw the Marshall move his wrists.
 
“How could they?” Ami screamed. “Those bastards…!”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Some time later, Koumi hurried to the inn where they had placed the Marshall.

“How's the Marshall?” he demanded as he flung open the door.
 
“Marshall…” he gasped as the group parted, revealing a bandaged up Marshall Yeegar.
 
Then, he blinked in shock as the Marshall sang, “The Earl of Millennium is looking for you! Looking for you, you precious Heart! This one's not it, but what about the next? Looking for you, you precious Heart!”
 
“Precious Heart?” Allen echoed.
 
“There's a central Innocence, a heart of sorts, which we've been searching for.” Koumi explained.
 
“It's the root of all the Innocence fragments' power, and holds the ability to destroy them all.” Bookman added.
 
“Only when we find and acquire the Heart will we finally be able to stop the destruction of the world.” Koumi remarked. “The Earl is looking for the Innocence known as the Heart.”
 
“The Earl of Millennium is looking for you! Looking for you, you precious Heart! This one's not it, but what about the next?” the half-dead Marshall continued to sing.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

“Is this really? Let's take a look!” the Earl of Millennium hummed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************

SailorStar9: And another chapter down. And if you guys are wondering, yes, Ami already has the Heart, but she doesn't know she has it. Read and review.