Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ Froi Tiedoll ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 20 goes up. This is Chapter 21. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 21: Froi Tiedoll
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
In Barcelona…
 
“We've got a situation.” A Finder reported, as he spied the horde of Akuma flying over the valley. “There's an enormous Akuma force heading your way. There's enough to overrun the entire city of Barcelona! Brace for attack! Hurry, get the Marshall out…”
 
His message was cut short when three Akumas surrounded him, killing the Finder.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
In the city…
 
“Get the lead out!” the leader instructed. “The Akumas will be here by nightfall. Status report on all sectors!'
 
“There's no one at the port yet.” One of his subordinates replied.
 
“Isn't there someone who can get over there?” the leader inquired.
 
“We can take care of that.” Devon offered.
 
Standing up, he added, “I'm Devon, from the German contingent.”
 
“Oh, you're the team that joined up with us yesterday.” The leader remarked. “Well then, Mr. Devon, you're in charge of the port.”
 
“Understood.” Devon replied.
 
“Dispatch the shield bearers and evacuate all civilians near the port.” The leader instructed as Devon went off to his post.
 
“Yes sir!” his team chorused.
 
“Hurry!” a Finder warned as civilians rushed through the shutting gate. “This gate won't open again until morning!”
 
“All right, close it!” he instructed, as everyone entered the barricaded city.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Meanwhile, Marshall Tiedoll had packed up and was heading his way.
 
“Dad, are we still not there?” a traveler's son whined, not far from the Marshall's position.
 
“Not for a while yet.” His father replied in the horse-drawn carriage.
 
“We won't get to Villanova at least till night.” His daughter told her brother.
 
“Huh?” the boy exclaimed. “That sucks! I'm sick and tired of this view. I thought we could have a nice lunch in town.”
 
“Hey, Termia, there's a man!” he called out as he looked out of the back of the carriage.
 
“Look, over there!” he added, running back to the front. “Maybe he's a shepherd. Without any sheep?”
 
“What a beautiful view.” Marshall Tiedoll commented as he looked over the cliff.
 
“He's dressed kind of strangely.” The traveler's son remarked.
 
“He really is.” his sister agreed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
By the time the three Exorcists arrived on the site where the first Finder made his report, they only found his tattered coat.
 
“Akuma?” Kanda asked as Daisya picked up a discarded gear.
 
“They passed by this morning.” Daisya replied. “The Akuma are two steps ahead of us.”
 
“Get down!” Kanda suddenly warned, pushing Daisya's head to the ground as Ami quickly ducked out of sight, knowing what the swordsman meant by `get down'.
 
“What the hell, man?” Daisya complained.
 
“Look there.” Kanda remarked as the three peered over the cliff.
 
“We're near the ocean, right?” Daisya asked.
 
“Let's go.” Kanda instructed.
 
“Okay.” Daisya nodded as he followed the younger Exorcist.
 
“This way!” he grinned as the two males slid down the next cliff.
 
“Men.” Ami sighed, calling forth her Guardian transformation and fluttering down the cliff on her dragonfly wings.
 
Once on the ground, the two male Exorcists blinked when they saw Marshall Tiedoll's third disciple waiting by the seashore.
 
“Kanda and Daisya?” Noise Marie asked.
 
“Marie?” Kanda inquired.
 
“I thought you'd never meet up with us. Were you mucking around here all along?” Daisya asked. “That's why we couldn't find you.”
 
“Be quiet, Daisya.” Marie cut off his rantings.
 
“What do you think?” Kanda asked.
 
“One hundred… two hundred… there are so many that I can't make them out.” Marie replied. “So very many. They're quite far. They will reach Barcelona by nightfall.”
 
“The Earl's getting desperate.” Ami commented, her transformation disappearing back into her Innocence orb.
 
At Marie's questioning look, Kanda replied, “She's with me.”
 
“Hey, hey, we won't get there by night. No matter how fast we hurl arse!” Daisya complained.
 
“And the Marshall?” Kanda asked.
 
“I believe he, too, is near the city.” Marie replied.
 
“Shit, let's hurry up!” Daisya whined.
 
“Wait.” Kanda halted.
 
“Ooh.” Daisya blinked after Marie pushed the tall grass apart to reveal a discarded boat.
 
“So, we can get there by sea!” he noted as the four ran to the boat. “Nice work, Marie.”
 
“Let's cast off.” Marie remarked as he took the wheel.
 
“Right!” Kanda replied.
 
“Hey, wait!” Daisya called out as the boat sailed off. “Don't leave me behind!”
 
With a leapt, he jumped onto the back of the boat.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
By evening, the Akuma were arriving at the destination.
 
“Marshall Tiedoll still isn't here?” Devon asked.
 
“Commander!” a Finder shouted.
 
“Understood.” Devon replied after reading the note that was handed to him. “You're dismissed.”
 
“Yes sir!” the Finder replied and ran off.
 
“The Akuma's arrival is close at hand.” Devon told the rest of his team. “Unfortunately, we still can't find Marshall Tiedoll, but we must hold back the enemy for the sake of the city's population. The Order is sending Exorcists here to meet up with the Marshall. If we can just hold them off until they get here, we'll get through this! All shield-bearers are to head for the southernmost gate.”
 
“Sir!' the squad leader replied.
 
“Other units stand by at your designated positions.” Devon added.
 
“Yes sir!” the rest of the Finders chorused as they headed off to their positions.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Looks like I'll be living on this side of a while.” Tyki sighed as he walked out of the train station.
 
“Those look delicious. I'll take one of these apples, please.” He requested, passing by an old lady's stall.
 
“Thank you!” The aged apple seller beamed, catching the coin that was tossed to her. “I was about to close up shop. Take as many as you like.”
 
“Oh, thank you!” Tyki remarked. “I was about to set off on quite a long journey, you see.”
 
“Where are you going to hide?” the old woman asked as Tyki helped himself.
 
“Whatever do you mean?” Tyki asked as he filled his hat with the apples.
 
“The big shots came and said to stay indoors tonight.” The old woman informed him. “That's why I was about to close up shop.”
 
Tyki looked around, and indeed, the shopkeepers were packing up.
 
“Well then, I'll have to be cautious.” he told her.
 
“Will you really be all right?” the old woman asked as Tyki walked off. “Here, take one more apple.”
 
“Thanks!” Tyki replied, catching the apple.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Sir, would you like some wine?” the traveler's daughter asked Marshall Tiedoll was sitting on the back of the caravan, continuing on his sketches. “Here, it's from my dad.”
 
“Oh, thank you.” Marshall Tiedoll replied.
 
“Can you draw anything you like, sir?” the son asked as Marshall Tiedoll touched up on his completed sketch.
 
“Is there anything in particular you'd like me to draw?” Marshall Tiedoll asked.
 
“Um, how about Barcelona?” the boy asked as the Marshall turned to an empty page.
 
“Did you guys come from Barcelona?” the Marshall asked.
 
“No, we're stopping off in Villanova tonight and heading there tomorrow.” The daughter replied.
 
“Barcelona, then…” the Marshall nodded as he continued to draw. “I think it looked like this…”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back in the walled-in city, a Finder on patrol was looking out over the wall with his spyglass.
 
“There they are!” he gasped, seeing the swamp of Akuma over the horizon.
 
“Here they come!” Devon told his men, as they held onto their shield equipment.
 
“Now!” he ordered as the Akuma horde closed in.
 
One by one, the shield equipment were switched on, trapping an Akuma within its force-field.
 
“What do you think?” Devon asked the Finder on patrol.
 
“Two more from the right!” the Finder reported. “They've stopped! Three from the left! Those have stopped as well.”
 
“Stay sharp!” Devon instructed. “We can't defeat the Akuma. We have to buy as much time as possible.”
 
“What happened?” he asked, hearing a Finder's scream.
 
“Crap!” he gasped when he saw the Akuma coming out from underground and killing the Finders within the city. “They came from below!”
 
“Get down!” he warned, getting to the floor with the patrol Finder as an Akuma fired its bullets at them.
 
The rain of bullets killed several of the shield-bearers, causing the Akumas within the barriers to break free and rained their bullets on the defenseless Finders. Then one Akuma fired its guns at the city gate, forcing it open, allowing it and the other Akuma behind it to enter the city.
 
“They've broken through!” the Finder on patrol reported.
 
“Damn!” Devon cursed.
 
“Our line is breached!” he ran along the fort. “Everyone fall back and hold them off at all costs!”
 
“Roger!” a Finder replied. “Hurry! Fall back to the city center!”
 
“Town center has been overran!” a Finder in the city reported as the horde of Akuma rampaged through the town square. “Requesting reinforcements!”
 
“The central park has been annihilated!” the Finder on the other end replied. “There are Akuma in the cathedral!”
 
His message was cut off by his horrified scream.
 
“Vanguard units try to hold them off!” Devon ordered through communicator after the Finder was killed by an Akuma from above. “All survivors from the defeated units rendezvous in the old city.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
On the frontline…
 
A shield-bearer was shot down and the three Finders behind him turned their shields on at the Akuma who merely dodged the light beams and fired at them. The rest of the shield-bearers fled back to the city as they were overran.
 
“Commander, we have to get out of here!” the patrol Finder told the injured Devon.
 
“I'm afraid we have nowhere to run.” Devon replied.
 
The Finder then gasped as a group of Akuma closed in on them.
 
“Headquarters, this is Devon's team.” The Finder reported over the communicator. “We've been surrounded by Akuma.”
 
“Don't bother.” The commander told him as the Akuma readied their guns. “We don't have anyone to send your way.”
 
“This is it…” Devon sighed in resignation as the Akuma prepared to fire.
 
“No…” the Finder gasped.
 
The split second the bullets centered on them, a watery bubble encased the two, dispelling once Daisya's powered-up bell came crashing into the scene, tunneling through an entire row of Akuma.
 
“Ta-da!” the Exorcist beamed, as his bell returned to him. “All of you, feel the wrath of my bell!”
 
The resonance caused the Akumas affected to explode.
 
“The Akuma are exploding!” a Finder within the city noted.
 
“Look!” his companion beamed. “The Exorcists!”
 
The Akuma then turned to their new opponents, firing their guns at the boat.
 
“These guys are like the plague, aren't they?” Ami joked right before the four split as the bullets destroyed the boat they were on.
 
“Innocence, activate!” the swordsman smirked at the ice wielder beside him, as he activated his weapon.
 
“Innocence, Level Four! Unlock!” Ami called out, transforming into her Charmix form the second she landed.
 
“Beasts of the Underworld!” Kanda unleashed his attack the same time Daisya released his.
 
As the affected Akuma exploded, more appeared behind the couple, causing them to split as they fired their bullets.
 
“Let's get it on!” Daisya remarked. “Get in there, Charity Bell!”
 
The said bell tunneled through an entire line of Akuma and at a snap of Daisya's fingers, the resonance caused the Akuma to explode one by one.
 
More Akuma moved in, but were stopped by Marie's strings.
 
“Burn, all of you.” The blind Exorcist muttered, sending his attack through the strings and cutting the Akuma tangled within up.
 
“Shoot!” Daisya remarked, kicking his charged-up bell in the Akuma around him just as Kanda sliced through an Akuma on the ground.
 
“Thank god!” the Finder breathed in relief as Ami unleashed a wave of seawater over the Akuma on the seashore, freezing the water midway and sending the frozen spikes through the whole line of Akuma.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with Marshall Tiedoll…
 
“Monsters, you say?” the Marshall inquired after they settled in for the night.
 
“Yes.” The father replied, scrubbing his horse down. “I heard from a traveling merchant that there have been monsters appearing near Barcelona.”
 
“Yeah, that's why we decided to stop off in Villanova tonight.” The girl explained.
 
“We'll head for Barcelona once we see there's any truth to these rumors.” The father added.
 
“They may be near indeed…” Marshall Tiedoll muttered.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
That night…
 
“Are you going somewhere?” the two children asked as Marshall Tiedoll was about to head off.
 
“Yes.” The Marshall replied. “I remembered I've important business to which I must attend.”
 
“Does it have to do with what our dad said?” the girl asked. “Will there be monsters?”
 
“We should all stay together!” the boy insisted.
 
“That's right!” the girl agreed.
 
“The monsters might be chasing me, you see.” The Marshall replied. “So, if I stay with you, I might cause you some undue trouble. Do you understand?”
 
“Yeah…” the two children nodded.
 
“If it gets too dicey, run away.” The boy suggested. “You don't look all that strong, sir.”
 
“Thank you and goodbye.” Marshall Tiedoll told the two children and went off.
 
“Take care!” the girl shouted after him. “I'll pray for you!”
 
“Me too!” her brother added.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back in Barcelona…
 
“They're all split up!” Daisya noted.
 
“There are even more here than I expected.” Kanda answered through the wireless Golem.
 
“Indeed.” Marie agreed.
 
“Aw man…I…. hung…” Daisya whined.
 
“You're breaking up, Daisya.” Marie told him.
 
“Where are you guys right now?” Kanda asked.
 
“About three kilometers east of that funky building.” Daisya replied.
 
“I'm about five west of it.” Marie answered.
 
“And we're to the south.” Kanda replied.
 
“Man…looks like… s'll be… ong ni...t.” Daisya answered.
 
“I can hear the Akuma around us.” Marie supplied. “We're right in the middle of a crowd of them.”
 
“Those guys are definitely getting smarter.” Ami remarked.
 
At Kanda's look and Marie's and Daisya's confused replies, she explained, “Humans get tired, Akuma won't. They're just waiting for one of us to make a mistake before they strike.”
 
“Let's meet up.” Kanda suggested. “We can find each other using our golems if we're less than five kilometers about.”
 
“Well then, me and Kanda'll meet up where you are, ol' man Marie.” Daisya proposed.
 
“When then?” Marie asked.
 
“Before dawn.” Kanda replied.
 
“Cut the chat boys. We've been discovered.” Ami hissed a group of Akuma burst out from the lake in front of them.
 
“Right you are.” Daisya grinned as he turned to face the group of Akuma before him.
 
“Innocence, activate!” he called forth his weapon.
 
“Shoot!” he fired his powered-up bell at the firing Akuma.
 
“Hah!” the Level Two Akuma mocked as the bell hit its forehead. “That little ball of yours won't break me.”
 
“What is this?” the Akuma asked, feeling the resonance in its head.
 
“It's destroying you from within using its sound waves.” Daisya explained after he landed. “Don't underestimate it, just `cause it's small. There's a good bell.”
 
At that, the Level Two exploded, the shockwave causing its companions to implode as well.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Good grief, where is this rendezvous point the Earl was talking about?” Tyki sighed as he walked through the town.
 
“There's one more left!” he smiled, pulling the last apple out of his pocket. His path was cut by an explosion through the wall in front of him and Daisya ran out of the newly-formed hole he blasted through.
 
“An Exorcist…” Tyki muttered.
 
“Oh, a human?” Daisya blinked. “You're not an Akuma, are you?”
 
“Well, not really.” Tyki replied.
 
“How could a human walk about of here unharmed?” Daisya asked as he circled Tyki.
 
“What's your name?” Tyki questioned, suppressing his Noah form.
 
“Daisya.” The Exorcist replied. “Daisya Barry.”
 
“Nope, not you.” Tyki replied, taking a look at playing card. “I'm none of your concern. Well then, I'm in a bit of a hurry.”
 
Daisya retaliated by sending his weapon flying past Tyki's head.
 
“You're not a normal person, are you?” the Exorcist asked as his weapon returned to him. “Talk to me a bit.”
 
“And I tried so hard to hold back…” Tyki hissed, his Noah side taking over. “I'm afraid I can hold off no longer.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
With Allen and Lenalee…
 
“Yes.” Lenalee spoke over the wireless Golem. “Yes. Really? Yes. I understand.”
 
“What's the matter, Lenalee?” Allen asked.
 
“Let's hurry on, Allen.” The female Exorcist told him.
 
“What news from the Order?” Allen asked as the pair walked towards their train.
 
“Akuma from around the world have assembled and are on the move.” Lenalee replied. “All the Akuma in Southern Europe are headed for Barcelona.”
 
“Barcelona?” Allen echoed. “That's where Devon, the Finder from the other day, was headed, Lenalee!”
 
“Let's head that way, ourselves.” Lenalee suggested.
 
“Right!” Allen nodded.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back in Barcelona…
 
“Tha… ju… way… I… it.” Daisya's Golem cracked over the communication.
 
“Daisya?” Marie blinked at the dismembered Akuma floating in front of him.
 
“Not…” Daisya's Golem crackled.
 
“What was that, Daisya?” Kanda asked, stopping in his tracks after Daisya's Golem was cut off.
 
“This feeling… it can't be…” Ami gasped, her eyes widening in recognition.
 
“Daisya!” she shouted down the Golem. “Whatever you do, don't engage your opponent!”
 
Silence on the other end.
 
“Marie!” she called. “Can you meet us at Daisya's location?”
 
“Yes.” Marie replied.
 
“Yuu, we have to hurry!” Ami urged.
 
“What do you mean?” Kanda asked as they hurried to Daisya's location.
 
“A Noah has appeared!” Ami replied.
 
“What?” Kanda gasped.
 
“Daisya's no match for a Noah!” Ami added. “I just hope he heard what I told him.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Meanwhile, Marshall Tiedoll was making his way to Barcelona.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
SailorStar9: Now that's done. Read and review.