Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ The Silent Coffin ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 21 goes up. This is Chapter 22. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 22: The Silent Coffin
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Allen and Lenalee were hurrying to Barcelona on foot.
 
“What's the matter, Allen?” Lenalee asked when her companion paused. “Let's hurry on.”
 
Allen nodded, “Right.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Meanwhile, Marshall Tiedoll took one last look at the night sky and went on his way.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back in Barcelona, Kanda and Ami were ambushed by a group of Akuma underground. As Kanda sliced through the Akuma with his blade, Ami was using two solidified water blades to cut her way through.
 
After turning a corner, the pair paused for a breather.
 
“Good thing we're near water then, huh?” Ami remarked.
 
“Have you managed to contact Daisya?” Kanda asked Marie through his Golem.
 
“No, not yet.” Marie replied. “I believe he said that his Golem was acting up.”
 
“I see.” Kanda replied.
 
“Well, he's bound to show up around here before morning.” Marie pointed out.
 
“Right.” Kanda replied. “We're heading your way too.”
 
“I just hope my warning got through.” Ami remarked. “Daisya's no match for a Noah as he is.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with Daisya and Tyki, the Noah had reverted to his original form.
 
I can hold of on longer. Tyki smirked.
 
“The color of your skin and the wound on your brow…” Daisya gasped. “So, the Ice Girl was right. You are a Noah Clansman.”
 
“So what if I am?” Tyki asked.
 
“Charity Bell, activate!” Daisya responded by activating his Innocence.
 
“How scary!” Tyki mocked after the charged up bell returned to Daisya.
 
“Let's see how much fun you'll have when I kick your head in!” Daisya challenged, firing another shot at Tyki. Tyki merely jumped to dodge the powered-up bell but was shocked when he saw Daisya's smirk when the bell crashed into a nearby building.
 
“Sonic resonance?” the Noah realized after the resonance shattered the glass windows.
 
“That's the end of that.” Daisya remarked after a large explosion engulfed the Noah.
 
“You…” he gasped when the Noah simply stopped his charged-up bell with a hand and leaping before him amidst the dust cloud.
 
“The end of whom, now?” Tyki mocked.
 
Daisya's scream was heard next.
 
“I'll… kil… scr.. fu…” Tyki's voice was heard through the Golem.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Did you say something?” Kanda asked through the Golem.
 
“Daisya?” Marie inquired.
 
“That wasn't Daisya….” Ami gasped in realization. “It's the Noah!”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Hung upside down on a lamppost, Daisya choked, “What the hell are…”
 
His Charity Bell fell to the ground, shattering on impact and revealing the Innocence fragment as Tyki's black butterfly paused in front of his heart.
 
“Is that really all you've got?” the Noah taunted, shattering the Innocence.
 
“Any last words?” he added, using his power to float up.
 
“No, not really.” Daisya replied.
 
“All right then.” Tyki smirked, pressing the butterfly into the Exorcist's heart.
 
Daisya's eyes widened in pain, his mind returning to his hometown and the doorbell hanging on his door.
 
“I was never bored again.” he mumbled with his last breath.
 
Then, a vision of Ami holding a golden, bird-shaped staff in her right hand came into his dying mind, her Holy Cosmo radiating around her.
 
“So, she really is…” Daisya smiled as the vision ended with the image of Pallas Athena behind the ice wielder.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back underground, Ami took in a breath in shock when she felt Daisya's aura die off.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
I must be careful, lest I be rendered unable to return. Tyki though, picking up his hat as the daylight shone in. I don't want to lose them. My black and white selves… the true fun is having them both…
 
Then, the Noah disappeared.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Daisya's Golem.” Marie noted as the wireless Golem flew towards them.
 
Kanda merely nodded as the ownerless Golem appeared, its dead owner hanging from the lamppost.
 
Later, the reminding Finders approached the battle site after Daisya's body was taken down.
 
“We will return the body to the Order along with the injured Finders.” The Finder commander told the three Exorcists.
 
“What of the Akuma?” Kanda asked.
 
“None remain within the city.” The commander reported. “A contingent of them has fled to the south, though.”
 
“We cannot leave them be.” Kanda added.
 
“The Marshall may be in that area.” Marie remarked.
 
“Then, we must make haste.” Kanda added.
 
“Yeah.” Marie agreed.
 
“Take care of Daisya.” Kanda instructed before the three walked off.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Found you! Found him! We've found the Marshall! Found him. Found him.” the group of Akuma grinned as they cornered the Marshall.
 
“Is that all of you, then?” the Marshall asked.
 
“The Marshall. The Marshall. The Marshall.” The group of Akuma chanted.
 
“If more come, I've no choice but to clean them up as well.” The Marshall noted, drawing out his weapon.
 
“Maker of Eden, activate!” he called forth his power.
 
“I'll teach you how beautiful this world can be.” He added, as two chains of light surrounded him like an atom.
 
“Art!” he called, unleashing the light.
 
“What is that?” an Akuma asked as its comrades within the range of the attack were destroyed by the light. “Is it his weapon?”
 
The light then spread out, destroying the rest of the Akuma in its path.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
After the short battle, the Marshall was continuing his sketch while chewing on bubblegum when the three Exorcists found him.
 
“Marshall!” Kanda called.
 
“Ah, long time no see!” Marshall Tiedoll beamed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
At the nearby ruins, the Marshall wept when told of Daisya's death.
 
“I see.” He sobbed. “Daisya is dead, is he? That's so sad… he used to break my glasses with his Charity Bell. He was such a good boy…”
 
“The body will reach Headquarters today.” Marie added.
 
“His Charity Bell was taken, as well.” Kanda remarked. “Marshall Tiedoll, you must accompany us to Headquarters.”
 
“Daisya's home was in Bodrum, right?” the Marshall inquired.
 
“Ah, yes.” Marie replied.
 
“It's such a beautiful seaside town…” the Marshall reminisced.
 
“Marshall, the Akuma are coming for you and your Innocence.” Kanda told his Master.
 
“It's just what I can remember, so it may be a little off…” the Marshall commented, after finishing his drawing. “Daisya, I apologize that it's just a painting, but I want you to see your home one last time. Rest in peace, my friend.”
 
“I cannot return.” He told his two disciples as he burnt the drawing. “We're at war, you see. I must do my duty as a Marshall. Also… I must find new Exorcists. If God has not forsaken us, he will send one of his servants to us.”
 
I knew you'd say that. Kanda mused.
 
Yes. Marie agreed. It's so like you, Master.
 
“We shall accompany you, Marshall Tiedoll.” The two bowed to their teacher.
 
The Marshall smiled at his two students.
 
“Besides, the Innocence the Akuma were looking for isn't with me.” He added, giving Ami a side-glance.
 
“Huh?” the ice wielder blinked.
 
So, she doesn't know she's the Heartkeeper. The Marshall realized.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
At the Barcelona harbor…
 
“No…” Allen gasped at the two rows of coffins.
 
“Oh. Allen, Ms. Lenalee.” A Finder approached them.
 
“Excuse me…” Allen blinked. “Where's Mr. Devon?”
 
“No…” Lenalee gasped when the Finder turned a side-glance at a coffin behind him. “It can't be…”
 
***************************************************************** *************************

Back in headquarters…
 
“I see. All right.” Reever answered over the phone. “We'll be in touch.”
 
“Supervisor, news from the Spanish front.” He reported. “The battle for Barcelona is over.”
 
“And the Marshall?” Koumi asked.
 
“Marshall Tiedoll is safe.” Reever replied. “The attacking Akuma were exterminated.”
 
“Thank goodness.” Koumi breathed in relief.
 
“However,” Reever added. “Their casualties were great, as were those of the other regions' teams.”
 
“We have no choice but to wait and trust in their strength.” Koumi commented.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
After a flash of light, Tyki found himself in India, near the Taj Mahal.
 
“Hmmm?” the Noah looked around at the unfamiliar surroundings. “Where am I? What is this? Did I take a wrong turn somewhere? I'll ask someone for directions.”
 
“Did you get them?” one of the three Exorcists asked his companions as the three panted for breath by a river.
 
“Yeah.” The second replied.
 
“Damn it, they really gave us a run for our money.” The third remarked. “We've gotta find the Marshall and meet up with the others.”
 
“Yes.” The first agreed. Then he turned to see Tyki on the opposite side of the river.
 
The Noah merely smiled and walked across the river after replacing his hat.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
At the meeting point, the Earl of Millennium was stroking his cat while Road flipped through her textbook. Getting bored, Skin got up from his seat just as Jasdero and David arrived.
 
A pool of blood was seen next as Tyki had apparently killed the Exorcists he met.
 
In Barcelona, Allen and Lenalee were tending to the injured Finders.
 
A Finder was seen dropping dead next, along with the rest of his team.
 
Marshall Tiedoll paused in his tracks, the three Exorcists with him following suit. Ami gulped a silent breath down as she sensed the path of Tyki's killing spree.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back at Headquarters, the coffins had finally arrived.
 
“Daisya Barry of Tiedoll's team. Kazana Reed and Chakar Rabon of Sokaro's team. Tina Spark, Gwen Frere and Sol Galen of cloud's team. All told, sic Exorcists were killed.” Reever reported. “Including Finders, there have been one hundred and forty eight confirmed deaths so far.”
 
“So many in just a few days?” a scientist inquired.
 
“And how could they get six Exorcists?” another asked. “That shouldn't happen. That loss will be sorely felt.”
 
“If the Exorcists can't beat them, then what chance do we have?” his partner asked. “What are we supposed to do?”
 
“Is the Earl of Millennium gonna kill us all?” his companion asked.
 
“Shut up, all of you.” Reever retorted. “How can you snivel so in the presence of those who gave their lives for our cause?”
 
“Welcome home and well done, all of you.” Koumi muttered, taking off his hat in respect.
 
His subordinates followed suit and bowed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“They were killed in the same way as Marshall Yeegar?” Koumi inquired after the funeral.
 
“Yes.” Reever replied. “The autopsies revealed that three of the Exorcists to be in the same condition as the Marshall. Daisya Barry and the two from Sokaro's team, Reed and Rabon. When we opened them up, we found they each had one organ missing.”
 
My God… Koumi gasped. The Noah?
 
“I know that Sokaro's team consisted of three and Tiedoll's four.” Koumi added. “What of the others?”
 
“Kanda, Marie and Maris of Tiedoll's team are safe and we've contacted them since the battle.” Reever replied. “However, Suman Dark of Sokaro's team is still missing in action.”
 
“Suman…” Koumi echoed.
 
“Supervisor Koumi!” a Finder stopped the two in their paths.
 
“Will you allow our commander's body to be returned to his home and family?” he asked.
 
“Who are you?” Koumi inquired.
 
“Dyne, of Arius's unit.” Dyne replied. “The Akuma attacked us as we crossed a mountain to pass into India. The commander sacrificed himself to save me. He said he had a son my age at home. Please! Release his body!”
 
“All of them will be cremated and buried here.” Koumi told the distraught Finder. “That is the Order's rule. There can be no exceptions. Also, their families cannot be notified. All information about those who serve the Order must stay within the Order.”
 
“No, that's terrible!” one of Dyne's companion gasped.
 
“We're fighting for the good of humanity!” another protested.
 
“Can you say for certain that your dead comrades will not become Akuma?” Koumi posted a question. “Can you honestly determine whether his son will call out for his dead father? They must disappear, for the good of humanity.”
 
Don't think about it. Just focus on winning. Koumi assured himself back in his office.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
In Barcelona, Allen and Lenalee finally met up with Marshall Tiedoll's group.
 
“Hey you two.” Marshall Tiedoll greeted the two downcast teenagers.
 
“Marshall Tiedoll!” Lenalee gasped.
 
“It'll be sunrise soon.” The Marshall told them.
 
Timcanpy fluttered over to land on Ami's shoulder.
 
“Have you been good, Tim?” the ice wielder asked the Golem.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Looks like there was quite a battle over this city.” The Marshall remarked after the group settled down.
 
“Yes.” Lenalee replied. “But we didn't make it in time. By the time we got here, it was already too late.”
 
“In the end, we were of no use whatsoever.” Allen added. “There were so many casualties…”
 
“You aren't going back to the Order, Marshall?” he asked the Marshall beside him.
 
“I must fulfill my mission to find Innocence hosts. You two have a mission on your own, don't you? The fighting's not over yet. Four Marshalls have been attacked and the last one is still missing.” Marshal Tiedoll replied.
 
“Our Master?” Ami inquired knowingly.
 
“That's right.” The Marshall nodded. “You have to go to Cross's side. That person will only appear when all of the Marshalls gather.”
 
“Yes sir.” Allen and Lenalee nodded.
 
“Well, I don't think he'll go back to Headquarters quietly, though.” The Marshall added.
 
“That sounds like him all right.” Ami nodded amusedly. “You two might have to drag him back, kicking and screaming.”
 
“Right…” Lenalee muttered.
 
“Um, but…” Allen interjected. “To tell the truth, I have absolutely no idea where my Master could be.”
 
“Oh, don't you?” the Marshall asked.
 
“Timcanpy can determine the location of its creator.” Ami chuckled.
 
“Huh?” Allen blinked at his smirking senior.
 
“She's right.” The Marshall nodded.
 
“I thought you know that, Squirt.” Ami grinned.
 
“Ami-sempai…” Allen whined.
 
“Quit complaining, you big baby.” Ami chided, ruffling his hair.
 
“Hey!” Allen protested, using his fingers to tidy his messy hair.
 
“There now, get going Timcanpy.” Ami looked at the Golem on her shoulder.
 
The Golem fluttered off, stopping some distance away to survey its surroundings.
 
“He's stopped.” Lenalee noted after a while.
 
“He's pointed eastwards.” Allen added.
 
“We haven't lost.” The Marshall remarked. “The fight against the Earl of Millennium has just begun.”
 
“Yes sir.” Both Allen and Lenalee replied.
 
“You aren't coming, Ami-sempai?” Allen turned to his senior.
 
“And play gooseberry?” Ami quirked a brow. “I don't think so.”
 
“Huh?” Allen was confused as Lenalee turned to hide a blush.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“See you later!” Allen waved farewell as he and Lenalee set off.
 
“Bye!” Lenalee bade farewell.
 
“Gone at last, are they?” Kanda snorted. “That was awfully troublesome.”
 
“The trouble's yet to come.” Ami corrected.
 
“Right?” she asked, turning to the Marshall, who merely nodded.
 
“The path before them is long and hard.” The Marshall added. “I'm sure of it. Well then, we've got a journey of our own to begin with.”
 
“Yes sir.” Kanda replied as the four continued on.
 
“Understood.” Marie added as the group walked off.
 
“By the way, what did you say that made Lenalee turn red?” Kanda asked the ice wielder beside him.
 
Ami smirked, “A secret between girls.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
SailorStar9: Now that's done. Read and review.