Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ Edo’s Annihilation ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 26 goes up. This is Chapter 27. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 27: Edo's Annihilation
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“That's….” Marshall Tiedoll gasped at the widening black orb the Earl of Millennium unleashed.
 
“What the…” Krory blinked at the black sphere that crashed onto the ground.
 
“Oh no!” Bookman let out a warning, realizing what it was.
 
“Miss Miranda, please open your eyes! Miss Miranda!” Chaoji tried to shake the unconscious Timekeeper awake. “Miss Miranda! It's no good. We won't make it.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“What the f…” Ami let out a curse as the impact almost blew Kanda and her away.
 
Kanda frowned, slicing through a huge chuck of debris that was broken off.
 
Digging his blade into the floor, he managed to prevent himself from getting blown away by the aftershock.
 
His attention was however caught by a gasp from the weakened ice wielder with him.
 
“Che!” the swordsman snorted, reaching out to grab the silvery-blue haired Exorcist before she was blown away.
 
His eyes widened when he saw her shake her head, a solemn smile on her face as she shrunk her hand from his grip, allowing herself to be taken away by the wind.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Lavi!” Lenalee gasped as she was about to be blown off by the wind.
 
The Bookman-in-training grabbed her wrist as he used his hammer to anchor them.
 
“That was a close one.” Lavi noted. “Lenalee, are you okay?”
 
“Sorry.” Lenalee apologized. “You have to save me all the time.”
 
“It's not like you Lenalee.” Lavi chided as he pulled her in, placing her hand on the handle of his hammer. “We'll win and head home together, right?”
 
At her nod, he added, “C'mon this way.”
 
However, an explosion broke the two apart.
 
“Lenalee!” Lavi screamed as the Chinese girl was blown off by the impact.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Just disappear.” The Earl of Millennium smirked at the massive destruction before him.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Marshall Tiedoll's eye widened at the aftereffect of the attack, Edo utterly leveled.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“You're amazing, Earl of Millennium. How terrifying.” Tyki breathed in awe. “Edo's completely vanished.”
 
At that, the Earl sneezed.
 
Skin sweatdropped.
 
“Are you okay, Master Earl?” Rero asked his Master. “Your nose is running.”
 
“Ah. Spotted an Exorcist.” Tyki suddenly remarked. “Still alive, is he?”
 
“Bastard…” Kanda hissed. “As if I'd go down that easily, dumbass.”
 
“Marie. Marie, are you all right?” Marshall Tiedoll asked over the Exorcist's Innocence.
 
“Yes, Teacher.” Marie replied.
 
“Are you injured?” Marshall Tiedoll asked.
 
“I'm fine.” Marie assured him. “What in the world was that?”
 
“The Earl's power.” Marshall Tiedoll replied. “It a miracle that you're alive. Can you tell how the others are?”

“Yes.” Marie nodded.
 
“Oh no...” he added, after a while. “Marshall Cross's team has much fainter heartbeats than ours. Some of them are barely hanging on.”
 
“Guys…” Lenalee's voice echoed through his Innocence. “Guys…”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“What just happened?” Chaoji asked, getting up.
 
“Master Exorcist!” he gasped when he noticed Miranda still activating her Time Record. “You didn't… you protected us all on your own?”
 
“It's because my clock cannot revive the dead…” Miranda replied. “But I couldn't save the others in time.”
 
“Miranda…” Lenalee's voice called to her.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Lenalee…” Lavi gasped as he struggled to get up.
 
“Damnit!” he hissed, falling back to the ground.
 
“Lavi!” Lenalee's voice called to him.
 
As the smoke cleared, Lavi's eyes widened when he saw Lenalee trapped within the crystal during episode 64. Ami was now kneeling in front of the crystal, her Exorcist coat gone, replaced by a strapless gown, silvering blue in color, flowed out at the waist like a waterfall. Diagonally, a solid light blue section ended A symmetrically, while the translucent powder-blue material flowed out beneath it to the ankle. And as before, a rainbow ripple of light surrounded her.
 
“This again…” he noted.
 
“Hey, what is that?” Kanda asked.
 
“What's the matter?” he pressed when Lavi reminded silent.
 
“Kanda.” Lenalee's voice echoed. “Lavi. Guys.”
 
“It can't be… that thing's…” Kanda gasped in realization.
 
“Lenalee.” Lavi replied.
 
“Guys.” Lenalee called out. “Guys!”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Lenalee Lee's voice?” Marie gasped. “I've never heard anything like this before.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Lenalee.” Miranda muttered.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“That voice…” Marshall Tiedoll echoed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“What the…” Skin inquired.
 
“You heard it?” Tyki asked.
 
“Yeah.” Skin replied.
 
“Strange isn't it?” the Earl of Millennium questioned.
 
“Earl of Millennium?” Tyki asked his Master above him. “There's definitely something strange about that Innocence.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Lenalee's Innocence protected her on its own will?” Kanda asked as the two approached the crystal.
 
“Yeah.” Lavi replied.
 
“That's impossible for equip-type Innocence!” Kanda objected.
 
“If hers was a special type of Innocence, it might be possible.” The newly-revealed Athena pointed out.
 
“Special…” Kanda echoed.
 
“Wait!” he gasped, realizing what she was implying. “Could this be…”
 
“I'm not saying hers is the Heart.” Athena replied. “What I'm saying is that her Innocence could have evolved, like mine once did.”
 
“Lavi,” she asked the Bookman-in-training beside her. “Both you and Bookman already know who is the Keeper of the Heart, don't you?”
 
“Yes…” Lavi replied.
 
“Guys!” Lenalee called out.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Once before, because of its own desire to protect her, Miss Lenalee's Innocence took that form. And now… Bookman wondered as he was being carried by Chaoji.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
If that's the case, then there really is a chance that Lenalee's Innocence is special. Marshall Tiedoll noted. That's an important to both their side and theirs.
 
Realizing what the meant, the Marshall took off.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
What timbre… Marie thought.
 
“Marie, look out! The Earl has set his sights on Lenalee!” Marshall Tiedoll shouted a warning.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
With a snap of his fingers, the Earl instructed his Akuma to fire its attack.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“They're attacking from above! Kanda! Lavi!” Marie shouted a warning.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Both male Exorcists put their guard up as the Akuma's attack rained on them.
 
“I won't let you lay a finger on Lenalee.” Athena said, revealing a golden cup her cupped hands, its top opening as she released the Chalice's power.
 
“What?” Lavi gasped when the smoke died down, the light of the Purity Chalice returning to the cup.
 
“Sorry to disappoint you.” Kanda smirked, using his sword to block Tyki's attack.
 
“Not bad. However, I'll be taking her with me.” Tyki told him.
 
“Yuu!” Lavi called out as the swordsman took the battle to the other side.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“With this, your vaunted sword can't touch me.” Tyki smirked, using a powered-up energy blade to block Kanda's assault. “I'd like to have a bit more fun with you right now, but it seems out current situation won't allow it. I want to see it as soon as possible… the annihilation of this world!”
 
“I wonder which of us don't understand the situation he is in.” Kanda retorted. “You might be the one to disappear.”
 
“I like those eyes.” Tyki told the swordsman, forming a double energy blade. “Be sure to watch it closely now… your own demise!”
 
The Noah's victory was short-lived when he released his attack had not worked.
 
“Mugen, Two Illusion Blades.” Kanda smirked.
 
“Almost huh?” he added.
 
Tyki's grin widened as the two combatants jumped apart.
 
“You're giving me chills.” The Noah said.
 
“Don't jerk me around!” Kanda retorted as the two clashed again.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“He never changes.” Athena smiled. “Does he?”
 
“No.” Lavi replied. His attention was drawn by a large shadow as Skin appeared.
 
“Do you like sweet things?” Skin hollered.
 
“Lavi!” Lenalee called out from within the crystal as Skin punched the hammer.
 
With a war cry, Lavi descended on the Noah's head from the top of his extended hammer's handle.
 
“Son of a…” Skin hissed as his attack missed.
 
“Grow! Grow! Grow!” Lavi instructed, his hammer growing in size and the Bookman-in-training struck the Noah with the grown hammer.
 
Don't let him get away with this. Skin thought as he was being flung away. Digging into the ground, the Noah stopped and grabbed the hammer, tossing Lavi away.
 
“Lavi. Lavi!” Lenalee screamed within the crystal.
 
“For you to be able to land an attack on me after taking all that damage…” Skin spat as he gripped Lavi's head in a death grip. “Just when we might have found that, you've ruined my good mood!”
 
So, they really are after Lenalee. Lavi realized. Lenalee… you think I'd give up?
 
“Unforgivable.” Skin hissed. “You're all unforgivable! You Exorcists are all unforgivable!”
 
Lavi's eyes widened when the Noah cracked his head and the red-haired Exorcist fainted.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Lavi. Lavi! Lavi!” Marie called out. Lavi awoke to find the blind Exorcist's strings had prevented Skin from finishing him.
 
“Marie!” Lavi gasped.
 
“I can't keep him restrained like this for long.” Marie told him. “Lavi, can you move on your own?”
 
“I'm all right, somehow.” Lavi replied, pushing himself up.
 
“You still intend on fighting with your body like this?” Skin mocked. “No matter how many of you stand before me, you'll never defeat me.”
 
“We'll see about that.” Lavi smirked, unleashing his fire seal.
 
“Guys!” Lenalee wailed inside the crystal.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Lenalee!” Miranda gasped.
 
“Is something wrong, Master Exorcist?” Chaoji asked.
 
“No, but thanks for your concern.” Miranda replied.
 
“Is that so?” Chaoji noted. “But is Innocence really able to do such things? I can't believe it can heal wounds, even if it's temporary.”
 
“Except in a situation like this, I wouldn't want to use this power.” Miranda replied, using her Time Record to take away Bookman and Krory's injuries. “They'll be able to fight again, albeit temporary, and will add more wounds to those that have yet to heal. We must end this battle sooner, even if it's just a second or there may be an irreversible sacrifice. Since I cannot fight… I must… I must…”
 
Her speech was interrupted by the Akuma approaching the crystal.
 
“The Akuma's begun to move.” Chaoji realized.
 
“Lenalee!” Miranda gasped in horror.
 
“You're…” she turned to see Marshall Tiedoll.
 
“Wait right there.” The Marshall stopped the Akuma.
 
“Maker of Eden, activate!” he unleashed his attack. “Witness the beauty of this world. Art!”
 
The Akuma was knocked down by the humanoid Innocence.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Meanwhile, Lavi and Marie were engaging Skin.
 
“What the hell is that thing?” Lavi asked, noticing Marshall Tiedoll's attack.
 
“Teacher's Innocence.” Marie replied. That's the first time I've seen something that large.”
 
“Such sweet naïveté.” Skin mocked.
 
“Marie!” Lavi gasped when the Noah knocked the blind Exorcist off his feet.
 
Such sweet naifs…” Skin laughed. “I love them!”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Meanwhile, Tyki and Kanda's fight continued.
 
“You'll never get lucky with the ladies if you're so persistent in your advances!” Tyki joked as he blocked Kanda's slashes.
 
“Shut your mouth!” Kanda retorted.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Let me out!” Lenalee wailed as Marshall Tiedoll's Innocence tore the Akuma apart.
 
“Lenalee?” the Marshall gasped. “This is bad.”
 
“Let me out!” Lenalee pounded on her crystal cage. “I'm an Exorcist! I have to fight! Let me out”
 
“That's fine by me.” The Earl of Millennium smirked as he appeared above the crystal and fired an energy blast at the crystal.
 
Kanda leapt to defend the trapped Lenalee, only to be blocked by the Earl's power.
 
“It's useless.” The Earl told him. “Try as you might, that level of power won't break through.
 
With a flick of his fingers, Kanda was blasted back.
 
“You've just made me angry.” Tyki jumped in to engage the swordsman.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Stop.” Came Athena's stern voice.
 
“What?” the Earl blinked at the revealed Goddess, her Holy Cosmo radiating around her, and causing his power to dispel and stopping the surrounding fights.
 
“What kind of power is that?” he gasped, stepping back from the crystal. “Impossible! I sense a very strong aura from that girl… what is going on?”
 
“That aura is…” Tyki realized. “It's the first time I've ever felt that strong of an aura… it's not the Earl's… not Skin's… it's very strong… no what I felt is beyond any other aura, like the universe itself! Probably no one even among us Noahs, have such a powerful aura! Could that girl be…!”
 
“Impossible!” Skin gasped. “That girl has such a power… yet her face doesn't show it! But… that aura… my body can not move… it's being bound by it…”
 
“This world will not be destroyed.” Athena proclaimed to the Earl above her.
 
“What?” the Earl hissed. “Damnit! I can't move!”
 
Then, Athena's Cosmo disappeared and the Earl powered up two energy blasts and fired it at the crystal.
 
Lenalee shut her eyes as the blasts struck.
 
Opening her eyes, she found herself falling into a deep abyss, as numerous ghostly skulls surrounded her and were about to bite her when a golden aura surrounded her.
 
Lenalee… Lenalee… can you hear me? Athena's soothing voice entered her mind.
 
“Ami-nee…” Lenalee gasped, as Athena's Cosmo surrounded her, protecting the female Exorcist from the ghostly skulls.
 
The Earl of Millennium chuckled as his face appeared before the girl and Lenalee screamed.
 
Do not be afraid… Athena told her.
 
The Goddess could not finish her sentence when Allen's evolved hand came into the scene, stopping the Earl.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Outside…
 
“What is this?” Kanda demanded as light started to engulf the crystal.
 
“The sky split.” Lavi gasped as the Ark Allen was in was embedded into the crystal.
 
“No.” Athena smiled. “The last player has arrived.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Inside the crystal…
 
“Good evening.” The Earl greeted his nemesis. “It seems we meet again, Allen Walker.”
 
“Good evening, Earl.” Allen smirked.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
SailorStar9: And as promised, Allen shows his ass. Read and review.