Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ Kanda Enters ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 25 goes up. This is Chapter 26 and a short interlude from the end of episode 72. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 25: Kanda Enters
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Look's I've found a tough one.” Kanda remarked as Marshall Tiedoll's group watched the battle from afar.
 
“A merged Akuma.” Ami noted. “But as they say, the bigger they are, the harder they fall. The question is where it'll fall.”
 
Aside her, Lumi, her familiar growled.
 
“Anxious, aren't we?” the ice wielder grinned at the wolf.
 
The white wolf growled in response.
 
Ami chuckled.
 
“Marie, what can those ears of yours hear from over there?” Marshall Tiedoll asked.
 
“Mixed in the racket that Akuma is making, I can faintly hear the voices of Lenalee, Lavi, and the rest of Marshall Cross's group.” Marie replied.
 
“Please go to them.” The Marshall requested.
 
At the Marshall's nod, the three Exorcists took off.
 
“Was it really smart to let your bodyguards go like that?” the modified Akuma asked behind him.
 
“You're so obvious.” The Marshall replied. “Though you've made a big deal out of this fight, this was what you were after all along. Isn't that right, modified Akuma? It's too much trouble to be in Marian debt, anyway.”
 
“That so?” the modified Akuma asked. “Travelling with you guys had gotten me all excited. But I'm hungry now, so I'll head out.”
 
“Making them self-destruct when their murderous instincts start to peak… quite the flashy exit.” The Marshall noted after the modified Akuma self-detonated.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back in the fight, Bookman and Krory were using the demolished roofs as leverage.
 
Bookman and Krory jumped apart when the Akuma's hand split them, Krory using this chance to jump onto the Akuma's arm, running along the arm, only to be knocked away by the Akuma.
 
“Heaven Compass, Needles of Spells: North Crime!” Bookman unleashed his attack straight in the Akuma's face.
 
“It's even harder than before.” He noted, landing on the demolished roof as his light needles fell off the Akuma's forehead.
 
“Evil Star Gita!” the Akuma released its power.
 
“Needles of Protection!” Bookman used his needle bush to protect himself.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back in the sake warehouse, the Akuma's beams were raining on the shield Miranda put up.
 
“I have to protect everyone.” The German commented.
 
“Miranda, don't push yourself!” Lenalee advised.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Seal! Fire Circle! Fire Seal: Conflagration of Ash!” Lavi unleashed his flame seal on Tyki.
 
“I'm getting tired of seeing that move.” Tyki remarked phasing into the wall.
 
“What's wrong, Mr. Eyepatch?” he mocked, appearing behind the Bookman. “Weren't you going to get revenge for that cheating boy, Allen Walker?”
 
“You bastard!” Lavi hissed, slamming his hammer on Tyki, who merely phased through the roof and appeared on the roof of the next building behind him.
 
“Combo Seal: Strong Thunder of the Heaven!” Lavi unleashed a fire and thunder snake at Tyki.
 
“What the…!” Lavi gasped as Tyki just let the attack phase through him, a horde of the Noah's black golems appearing from the smoke.
 
“Be a bit more entertaining, will you?” Tyki scorned. “If you can't, I'll have to kill you now.”
 
That said, he formed a large energy bow and fired it at Lavi who used his hammer to protect himself.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Earl of Millennium, please let me join the fight.” Skin requested. “It doesn't suit me to simply stand here.”
 
“I'll have plenty for you to do after this.” The Earl of Millennium told him. “Let Tyki-pet enjoy this one for now.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Lavi!” Krory called from atop as the Bookman skidded to a stop on the ground.
 
“All right.” Lavi nodded.
 
“Get going!” he shouted, as Krory used his hammer as leverage.
 
“Combo Seal: String Thunder of the Heavens!” he then unleashed his seals. Krory then merged with the thunder and fire snake, accelerating it to attack the Akuma.
 
“Gramps, back me up here!” he told his Master.
 
“Is that any way to ask for help?” Bookman retorted.
 
“Heaven Compass. Needles of Protection: East Crime!” he unleashed his needles.
 
“Heaven Circle! Heaven Seal: Thundering Lightning Whirling in the Sky!” Lavi released his lightning attack to merge with the needle mass that flew towards Tyki.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with Krory…
 
“If I come at him with this much speed, I can feast!” Krory remarked as he sped towards the Akuma, crashing into its forehead.
 
Meanwhile, Tyki had used his golems to protect himself against the combined attack.
 
My fangs couldn't pierce him. Krory thought as he was thrown off.
 
“A childish prank this time huh?” Tyki noted as his golems were pierced by Bookman's needles.
 
“Direct Fire Seal!” Lavi leapt at him.
 
“Did I get him?” he asked.
 
“No.” he realized as the smoke cleared.
 
“That was a close one!” Tyki remarked. “You managed to scratch me, after all.”
 
“Don't mess with me!” Lavi hollered.
 
Tyki smirked as he powered up another energy bow.
 
“Evil Star Gita!” the Akuma unleashed it power.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back in the sake warehouse…
 
“Miranda, at this rate, your body won't hold out!” Lenalee exclaimed as the Akuma's power rained on the time wielder's shield.
 
“I can't… your injuries aren't healed, and…” Miranda protested as she recalled what Bookman had said about Lenalee being the possible Keeper of the Heart. “We can't lose you!”
 
“But…” Lenalee gasped.
 
The Noah clan and the huge Akuma… Chaoji wondered. What terrible beings. We had planned to support the Exorcists, but there nothing people like us can do. We can only await our deaths.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back on the battlefield,
 
The Akuma crashed its hand onto the ground where Bookman was hiding behind a wall.
 
“Can you still move, Arystar?” Bookman asked as Krory crashed through a roof and into a building.
 
“Damn that giant thing…” Krory cursed. “It's a big world, isn't it? My fangs have no effect.”
 
“Damn. It's just too hard.” Bookman agreed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
In the sky, Lavi was still decking it out with Tyki.
 
Lavi barely managed to smash through an energy butterfly using his hammer when another energy bow crashed right into his face.
 
“Lavi!” Krory gasped as the Bookman-in-training crashed in beside him.
 
“What the hell are you doing, idiot?” Bookman scolded. “Weren't you going to kick his ass? You're the one getting your ass handed to him! Get it together, fool!”
 
“Damnit Gramps!” Lavi muttered as he got up. “I'll send those words right back at ya.”
 
“I'm your elder.” Bookman reminded him.
 
“Hell, he's much stronger than he looks.” Lavi remarked. “I'm covered in wounds. Where did he run off to?”
 
“Master Exorcist!” Chaoji gasped as Miranda's Innocence receded.
 
“No good!” Lavi noted as he saw Tyki rushing over to the sake warehouse. “That guy's heading towards Lenalee and the others.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Miranda!” Lenalee gasped as she caught the fallen Exorcist. “Are you all right?”
 
“All out of energy?” Tyki mocked, appearing behind her.
 
“A woman Exorcist huh? This is a first for me.” He added, gripping Lenalee in a chokehold. “Is that woman there all right? She over do it?”
 
We have to save her. Chaoji thought. But we're just normal humans. We can't do a thing against the Noah Clan.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
As Lavi, Bookman and Krory rushed towards the warehouse, they were blocked by the Akuma.
 
“Lenalee!” Lavi called out.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Women should die without a struggle.” Tyki added.
 
“Lenalee!” Lavi shouted.
 
Tyki then stopped when Chaoji thrust his hand into the Noah's back.
 
“Let go.” He told the Noah. “Let go of the Master Exorcist, you monster!”
 
“Chaoji-san, don't…” Lenalee gasped.
 
“How dull.” Tyki mocked. “Tease, devour them.”
 
“Chaoji!” his two friends gasped as the energy Golem expanded its wings on Tyki's back.
 
Tyki's eyes then widened as Kanda's sword emerged from below him, a pillar of blue lightning appearing next, forcing the Noah to fly up.
 
“That was dangerous.” Tyki mocked. “Quite a bit of company today.”
 
“Kanda!” Lenalee gasped.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Meanwhile, Lavi, Bookman and Krory were rushing towards the warehouse.
 
Marie's strings managed to grab the three before the Akuma crashed them.
 
“Ah, another one makes an entrance, I see.” The Earl of Millennium noted.
 
“That guy's…” Skin blinked.
 
“In any case, it seems as though Tiedoll has arrived in the vicinity.” The Earl of Millennium remarked.
 
“We're saved.” Krory commented, landing safely on the roof. “A coat? And you are?”
 
“Marie!” Lavi beamed.
 
“It's been a while.” Bookman added.
 
“Esteemed elder.” Marie bowed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Master Exorcist.” Chaoji gasped.
 
“Damn it Lees, what the heck happened to your hair?” Ami asked.
 
“Ask me later…” Lenalee choked.
 
“So is the cheating boy, Allen, your friend as well?” Tyki asked the new arrivals.
 
“As if I would care about that bean sprout.” Kanda retorted.
 
“Bean sprout?” Tyki echoed.
 
“Technically, the Squirt's more than a friend.” Ami replied. “He's like a younger brother to me.”
 
Kanda rushed forward, his weapon drawn to attack the Noah. Tyki simply used his Golem to block the attack.
 
“So freaking fast!” the Noah remarked, using his energy blades to block off Kanda's quick slashes.
 
“Shall I make it so you can't move?” he asked his hostage.
 
Taking his moment's of hesitation, Kanda moved in to attack, causing Tyki to block his slashes with his energy blades.
 
Finally backing into a wall, Tyki smirked as Kanda rushed in for the kill. Just as his sword closed in, Tyki dropped Lenalee, forcing Kanda to stop his attack midway.
 
“Did you forget about me too?” Ami asked, behind the Noah as he appeared in front of Kanda.
 
“Lees isn't the only female Exorcist.” She reminded the Noah.
 
Tyki turned around.
 
“It's been a while, right... Tyki?” Ami asked, her eyes glowing a death gleam.
 
“Lumi!” she called out. The familiar leapt down from the wall.
 
“You…” Tyki frowned at the ice wielder.
 
“You don't remember me?” Ami smirked. “Then allow me to refresh your memory.”
 
“Twelve years ago, your Master marked me.” She hissed as Lumi started glowing an ice white.
 
“Yuu,” she told the swordsman. “Take care of Lees. I have a bone to pick with this guy.”
 
Not waiting for his answer, Ami turned her glare at Tyki.
 
“Innocence, Level Ten! Unlock, maximum. Activate!” she called out. Her Innocence orb started reacting to Lumi as a pillar of ice blue light descended on the familiar. Kanda watched as streams of ice white light from the familiar then entered the now glowing Exorcist. When the light died down, the female Exorcist's coat was no more, replaced by a more comfortable fighting grab. She was now encased in an aura of icy white as she hovered above the ground. A moment later, the Mystical Antarctic Icicle appeared around her.
 
“Not bad at all.” Tyki noted. “How about this?”
 
Snapping his fingers, he summoned a whirlwind of his golems at the ice wielder.
 
“Don't you have any other attacks?” Ami asked, unamused.
 
“Diamonds.” She whispered, sending a flurry of ice dust at the swirling golems, freezing them on impact.
 
“Yuu! Frostbite!” Lavi gasped turning back the fight below.
 
“Go Lavi. Leave this to us.” Bookman told him.
 
Lavi nodded, “Extend!” and flew towards the fight on the ground. However, he was intercepted by the Akuma's hand and the Bookman-in-training was sent crashing into a roof.
 
“Lavi!” Krory gasped.
 
“Dumbass!” Bookman scolded.
 
“Shut it Gramps.” Lavi complained. “Hold on a sec, you two.”
 
“That guy's not coming with us?” Krory asked as he and Bookman leapt off and Marie remained on the roof.
 
“Marie has his own way of doing things. Trust him.” Bookman replied.
 
The Akuma crashed his hand on the roof Bookman was on, barely missing him.
 
“Strings, attach.” The deaf Exorcist instructed after listening to the Akuma and getting a grasp on what he was up against.
 
“That won't do a thing.” Krory added as Marie trapped the Akuma with his strings. “His only weak point's that hard head of his.”
 
“Cease, you fool!” he scolded as Marie restrained the Akuma with more of his strings. “I've already said it won't work!”
 
“Silence!” Marie rebuked, pulling his strings taut.
 
“This is…” Krory gasped.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Tyki's smirk widened at his frozen golems.
 
“Tease.” He called to his main Golem. “Eat her up, Tease.”
 
“Useless.” Ami muttered.
 
“Arctic Fury!” she unleashed an ice storm, which froze the horde of golems surrounding her.
 
“I see.” Tyki noted. “It's too troublesome to take them one by one, so you drew them in and killed them in one fell swoop.”
 
“Playtime's over. Streams of Frost!” Ami smirked, her powers reaching over to Tyki and trapping him within it.
 
“This is…” Tyki gasped when he found himself immobilized.
 
“Don't move.” Ami warned. “Not unless you want me to kill you.”
 
“How about a taste of your own attack?” she smirked.
 
The Noah's eyes widened when he saw her summoning a Golem similar to his.
 
Then, Ami's eyes widened as her aura rescinded, the aftereffects of activating her maximum Innocence setting in. Kanda barely managed to catch her before she collapsed.
 
Taking this opportunity, Tyki leapt to attack the couple.
 
“Tyki-pet.” The Earl of Millennium interrupted the fight.
 
“Earl of Millennium, I asked you not to call me that.” Tyki retorted as Lavi rushed to attend the injured Lenalee. “I'm having a good time right now. Please don't interfere!”
 
His protest was cut short when he saw the Earl of Millennium form a black orb from his hand and the Noah abandoned the fight.
 
“He's disappeared.” Kanda noted. “He's no longer close by.”
 
“Where did he go?” Lavi sighed. “I'll definitely kick his ass!”
 
“Yo, General! Fancy meeting you here.” He grinned.
 
“Last time I remember, your ass got handed over to him.” Ami joked weakly as she stirred from Kanda's arms.
 
“Not funny Frostbite.” Lavi muttered.
 
“What are you doing here?” Kanda asked the Bookman.
 
“It seems as though our Marshall has some work in Edo.” Lavi replied. “You?”
 
“Something similar.” Kanda replied.
 
Their conversation was cut short when the Akuma towered over them, but got restrained by Marie's strings.
 
“What the hell? What's wrong with him?” Lavi blinked.
 
“Marie's doing.” Ami replied as Kanda supported her to stand.
 
“He's been caught by Marie's strings.” Kanda explained. “The music he plays is poison to the Akuma.”
 
“Noel Organon: Verse of the Saint!” Marie unleashed his attack.
 
“Yuu, he's all yours.” Ami told the swordsman. “After activating my maximum Innocence, I'm too wiped to do take care of that jerk.”
 
Kanda smirked as he released her.
 
“Mugen, Disastrous Future. Two Illusion Blades!” He chanted, jumping up and unleashed his powered up attack.
 
“Be careful, Yuu!” Lavi shouted a warning. ”That guy's really tough!”
 
“Don't worry Lavi.” Ami grinned as Kanda's lightning strike slashed through the Akuma's face.
 
“Another clean cut.” Bookman remarked as the Akuma fell. “That Kanda's gotten stronger again.”
 
“Kanda…” Krory echoed. “What an unbelievable kid.”
 
“He saved us.” Bookman added. “He spared us from quite a hassle by taking them out all on one blow.”
 
“Guess he got tired of me being more powerful than he is.” Ami joked as Kanda landed.
 
“Hey you.” The swordsman retorted.
 
“Yeah.” Lavi stammered.
 
Don't ever let me hear you use my first name.” Kanda warned. “I'll slice you to pieces.”
 
Always so scary… Lavi sweatdropped.
 
Ami smirked, “I'm not going to say `I told you so' Lavi.”
 
Lumi leapt up on the roof and nuzzled her mistress's leg.
 
“You came back faster than last time.” Ami smiled down at the familiar.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Such impertinence!” the Earl of Millennium retorted, expanding the black orb he was in, covering the last remaining Akuma with it.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
SailorStar9: Another chapter down. Read and review.