Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ Skinn Bolic’s Room ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 29 goes up. This is Chapter 30. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 30: Skinn Bolic's Room
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Inside the Ark…
 
“Is that guy a member of the Noah Clan?” Allen asked.
 
“Most likely.” Kanda replied. “I've seen him a lot since traveling in Edo. We could be his… no. he's the Noah that's hunting down our Marshall.”
 
“So, you finally made it, Exorcists?” Skinn taunted. “Innocence? I won't forgive you. I won't forgive you. I won't forgive you. I won't forgive you. I won't forgive you. I won't forgive any of you Exorcists! Who will be the one to be crushed by the Noah's seven thousand years of enmity? Who will fight me?”
 
The Noah smirked and expanded his aura.
 
“You guys, get moving.” Kanda instructed, drawing out his weapon.
 
“Kanda?” Allen blinked.
 
“I'll handle this guy.” Kanda told them.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Outside…
 
Marshall Tiedoll and Marie were destroying the Akuma.
 
There's no mistake. That thing is Noah's Ark. Bookman pondered, looking at the golden cube in the sky. If by any chance the seven of them have been forced into it, can there really be a way to escape?
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
On the top of the Ark, Tyki was climbing his way to Road's room.
 
“Welcome ho…” Road beamed.
 
“What the… just Tyki?” she frowned.
 
“Thanks for that.” Tyki replied. “Sorry to disappoint you.”
 
“Where are they?” Road complained.
 
“You already know, don't you?” Tyki asked. “They're in Skinn's room right now.”
 
“I hope they get here soon.” Road whined.
 
“Hey, hey, Skinn's only beginning to fight them.” Tyki chided. “Jeez, do you really like that boy that much?”
 
“Tyki, you shouldn't say things that belittle others.” Road scolded. “Hey, what should we do if he actually makes it here?”
 
“Dunno.” Tyki replied. “How's the Radiance Princess doing?”
 
“Take a look.” Road formed a viewing globe on the round table between them. Athena's image appeared within the globe, her Holy Cosmo still radiating around her unwaveringly, her eyes shut as she clasped her hands together in prayer.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
In Skinn's room…
 
“An earthquake?” Allen gasped as the place started shaking.
 
“No, this isn't just some earthquake. We're still inside the Ark.” Lavi replied.
 
“That's right.” Rero quipped. “This room hasn't finished downloading to the new Ark yet. In other words, once the download's finished, all of you will be, too!”
 
“How long can we stay here? Spit it out!” Lavi demanded, grabbing the Golem.
 
“I don't know.” Rero replied. “The downloading started from outside the Ark and the order that things are downloaded in is completely random. So, I can't possibly know how much longer this room'll last!”
 
“What?” Lavi gasped
 
Flying our of his grasp, the Golem added, “Besides, no matter how much you struggle, there's only 110 minutes left.”
 
“110 minutes” Krory echoed.
 
“That's all the time you have before this Ark's fully downloaded and destroyed.” The Golem explained. “That being the case, no matter where you go, this'll be the end of you! The Radiance Princess will be immersed in water by that time as well. How long she can hold her breath, I wonder…”
 
The Golem was about to taunt some more when a glittering stream of golden Cosmo dust flowed the group.
 
“Athena's Cosmo…” Lavi blinked.
 
“Ami-nee…” Lenalee gasped, opening her palm to let the Cosmo trail past her hand.
 
“Right! I'm staying too, Kanda!” Allen raised his hand.
 
“Allen?” Lavi blinked.
 
“Allen, why?” Lenalee asked.
 
“Guys, while we're fighting, please go through to the exit and continue on the next room.” Allen requested. Ami-sempai's still fighting, isn't she? So, once we're done fighting here, we'll catch up with you.”
 
“Allen… are you really that worried?” Krory asked.
 
“Well, even though Yuu's personality is like that, he is technically one of our companions. Besides, Golden Girl will kill us if he dies.” Lavi shrugged.
 
“Wait! We don't have time for this!” he corrected himself. “Hold up a sec! If we're in that much of a rush, wouldn't it be better of everyone fought?”
 
“And if no one is able to escape, then what?” Allen pointed out. “What about Lenalee?”
 
“I can fight, too.” Lenalee replied as Lavi sweatdropped.
 
“There are Noah beyond here as well.” Allen added. “The group that moves ahead needs firepower, too, so it's best if just Kanda and I stay.”
 
“I'll be damned if I get struck with you.” Kanda retorted.
 
“Kanda!” Allen protested, only to be met by his Mugen in his face.
 
“I said I'll handle him.” The swordsman insisted, his murderous aura flaring.
 
”Hey… Kanda?” Allen stammered as the blade came near his cheek.
 
“He's just like the devil.” Lavi paled.
 
“Get out of my sight.” Kanda demanded. “Or would you rather I start bu slicing you all in half?”
 
“You serious?” Allen stuttered.
 
“Kanda?” Lenalee sweatdropped.
 
“He's threatening his own teammates?” Rero gasped in disbelief.
 
“Mugen, activate.” Kanda activated his Innocence.
 
“Kanda?” Allen blanched as the swordsman turned his blade on them.
 
“You wouldn't… Yuu?” Lavi stammered.
 
“First Illusion: Hell Insects!” the swordsman unleashed his wraiths on the rest of the group.
 
“Kanda!” Allen rebuked, knocking the wraiths away from Lenalee.
 
“It hurts! It hurts!” Krory cried as one of the wraiths bit him.
 
“Oh god, the pain!” Rero wailed as it was bitten as well.
 
Lavi dodged the wraiths as Chaoji fled from the ones chasing him.
 
“Man, come on! How can you do something like this?” he exclaimed after the wraiths chasing him disappeared.
 
“Kanda, you dumbass!” both Allen and Lavi chorused together in anger.
 
“You're not human!” Chaoji ranted.
 
“You are a demon!” Krory agreed.
 
“Um, guys… Kanda's just…” Lenalee tried to pacify the outraged group.
 
“I don't care let just leave his ass behind!” Lavi exclaimed.
 
“And now you're going to sigh at us?” Allen demanded when Kanda let out a breath of resignation.
 
“If anyone should be sighing, it's us!” Lavi shouted.
 
“Just leave him, then.” Allen remarked as the two turned and walked off.
 
“Yeah.” Lavi agreed.
 
“Kanda?” Lenalee called out.
 
“Kanda! Be sure to catch up to us, all right?” she added, as the swordsman remained silent. “Promise me! And for Ami-nee's sake!”
 
“Kanda, answer me!” she yelled.
 
“I got it. Now get moving.” Kanda answered.
 
Lenalee nodded.
 
Before she walked off, she added, “And Ami-nee told me to tell you this: don't you dare die on me, because if you do, I'll revive you and kill you myself, you arrogant Peacock. Her words, not mine.”
 
“Sounds like her.” Kanda smirked.
 
“All right then…” he turned to Skinn once the rest were gone. “I've kept you waiting.”
 
“That took forever. I figured you'd the one who'd be my opponent.” Skinn told him.
 
“Are you unsatisfied with me or something?” Kanda asked.
 
“No, I've been waiting for a one-on-one, is all.” Skinn replied. “Those guys kept talking their heads off, so I was wondering what to do if they didn't stop.”
 
The Noah smirked as he started glowing yellow as Kanda drew his sword.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Meanwhile…
 
“In that case, shouldn't there be a door here, too?” Lavi asked.
 
“That's right.” Rero replied. “Once you turn the key in a door, it'll become an exit that connects to the next room.”
 
“So that door will keep the two rooms connected the whole time?” Lavi asked the Golem.
 
“Correct. Rooms that have been connected will stay that way.” Rero replied.
 
“That means when Kanda's finished, he can follow us.” Allen noted.
 
“The one to follow you guys will be Master Noah!” Rero corrected. “After he takes care of that guy, it won't matter who steps up. You'll all be finished.”
 
“Master Exorcist!” Chaoji called out. “There's a building over there!”
 
“So this is it huh?” Krory inquired as he stepped forward. “Allen?”
 
Allen nodded and tossed him the key. Krory opened the door and the door glowed white as the word `Noah' appeared on the door.
 
“The next room.” Krory told his companions.
 
“Let's go.” Lavi replied.
 
“That light…” Allen gasped as they turned to look back, streams of purple lightning descended from the sky.
 
“They've begun.” Lavi noted.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with the fight…
 
Skinn was channeling the lightning into himself.
 
Kanda frowned as a yellow armor formed on the Noah.
 
“Mugen, activate.” He activated his Innocence.
 
“Second Illusion, activate!” he instantly went up to his Level Two attack. “Two Illusion Blades!”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Come. Let's go.” Krory commented.
 
“Yuu…” Lavi muttered.
 
“Let's go on ahead.” Lenalee added. “He won't break his promise to Ami-nee or break her heart.”
 
“Kanda, you better follow behind us.” Allen said before he followed the rest of the group. “If you don't I'll kick your ass!”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with the fight…
 
“Lightning. Lightning. Lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning.” Skinn chanted as he took in the lightning, unleashing a beam of lightning energy at the swordsman.
 
Kanda jumped to avoid the blast and the subsequent blast thrown at him.
 
“Die!” Skinn hollered, firing another energy blast from his mouth as the swordsman closed in on him.
 
Kanda stopped in his tracks, using his connected blades to guard himself as the numerous energy streams rained on him.
 
Skinn's victorious smirk disappeared when Kanda dispelled his attack.
 
“Two Illusion Blades: Eight Flowers Praying Mantis!” he unleashed his attack.
 
Skinn expanded his energy to counter the attack. However, two of the blue lightning streams broke through and Skinn jumped to avoid the impact.
 
The two adversaries clashed in the middle of the battlefield, each landing on the opposite side of each other.
 
“Not bad, not bad...” Skinn praised, cracking his neck as five spikes on his head dropped off.
 
The Noah then smirked when Kanda found Skinn's energy crackling on his wrist.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
In Road's room…
 
“It's started.” Road remarked. `Skinn's fight with the Exorcists has just begun. Though I can't tell which one he's fighting.”
 
“Well, are the other guys still in there?” Tyki asked.
 
“There's only one guy left in Skinn's room.” Road replied. “Looks like the others moved on to the next room.”
 
“What's that idiot Skinn thinking?” Tyki was confused.
 
“You know… that guy can't think about anything but the enemy in front of him.” Road replied.
 
“He really is a dumbass.” Tyki chuckled. “Then again, maybe we are, too.”
 
“It really isn't even necessary for us to fight against those Exorcists.” Road added. “We could just leave them. They'd all die once the Ark's destroyed anyway.”
 
“Even though we made the decision to do this ourselves, the Earl of Millennium hasn't said a thing.” Tyki pointed out. “I wonder if his silence means he's not mad at us.”
 
“As if I'd know.” Road replied. “The Earl's thoughts are his own. He just doesn't want to put us in any danger. We're his beloved sacrifices to God, after all. But I understand it can't be helped. The dangerous nature of the Noah… really though, Tyki… you're…”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Where are we?” Krory asked.
 
“A new area?” Chaoji guessed.
 
“What's up wit h his hallway? Just how far does it go?” Lavi asked.
 
“Where's the next door?” Krory asked the Golem with them.
 
“Searching for it is your job!” Rero complained.
 
“Don't be such a tightwad!” Lavi scolded.
 
“Are you worried about Kanda, Allen?” Lenalee asked.
 
“Not a chance.” Allen stammered. “Are you, Lenalee?”
 
“Yeah, I'm worried.” Lenalee replied. “But Kanda promised me that he'd be sure to catch up with us. That's why I truly believe he'll come. And Ami-nee too. Her love for him will pull him through.”
 
Allen nodded in agreement, “Let's go, Lenalee.”
 
Lenalee nodded, “Kanda…”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with the fight…
 
“Eight Flowers Praying Mantis!” Kanda unleashed his attack again.
 
“Die!” Skinn used his lightning attack to counter.
 
The two clashed again with Kanda slicing his blade through Skinn's stomach and breaking off bits of the Noah's armor.
 
The swordsman then winced slightly as Skinn's energy crackled on his blade.
 
“Seems you really can fight.” He told the Noah.
 
At Skinn's confused look, he added, “I always thought you couldn't. You only stood and watched the battles. Every time we come into contact with Akuma, you would always be there, but all you ever did was stare. That's why I thought you couldn't fight.”
 
“It's because there were four of you.” Skinn replied.
 
“Who cares?” Kanda asked.
 
“First. Second. Third. Four. I was trying to figure out which of you I should have a match with first.” Skin answered. “When watching you four, I was always thinking about that order.”
 
He really is just a retard. Kanda thought.
 
“You've finally decided on your opponent then?” he asked.
 
“I have!” Skinn replied. “It's you! I can have a one-on-one match with you now, so that makes you first!”
 
“Going with the flow huh?” Kanda smirked.
 
“I wonder who I should pick when I'm finished with you…” Skinn pondered. “Which one of your pals from before should come next huh? Who do you think would be good?”
 
“What was that?” Kanda demanded.
 
“After I defeat you, I should be able to have another one-on-one fight, right?” Skinn added. “So after going through that door, I'll face another Exorcist in duel. And once he's through, I'll pick someone else! I'll finish off every last Exorcist who's inside this Ark! And then, I'll finally, I'll face Tiedoll after I kill the Radiance Princess!”
 
Kanda used his powered-up blades to deflect the attack Skinn sent at him.
 
“You are dead wrong on that one.” The swordsman informed the Noah. “This will be your grave. After I beat the shit out of you, that is.”
 
“Hit a nerve, did I? How typical of an Exorcist!” Skinn mocked. “You used your own anger to give yourself a boost. I'm the Noah Clan's Skinn Bolic! What are you known as within Tiedoll's group?”
 
“Kanda.” The swordsman replied.
 
“That so?” Skinn taunted.
 
“Take a look.” He added, powering up some more. “This is the power of the Noah's fury.”
 
Forming three circles of lightning energy, he sent the energy upwards, splitting the power into numerous lightning streams that destroyed the surrounding landscape.
 
“Kanda,” he added, as the lightning descended around the Exorcist. “Do you like sweets?”
 
“Can't stand them.” Kanda smirked.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
SailorStar9: And after much talking, Kanda's fight against Skinn continues for the next two chapters. What will happen? Stay tuned and find out. In the meantime, read and review.