Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ Taboo Three Illusions ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 30 goes up. This is Chapter 31. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 31: Taboo Three Illusions
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
At Kanda's answer, Skinn unleashed his power, forcing the swordsman to dodge every attack.
 
Backing off, Kanda took a quick look at the crackling on his wrist as Skinn charged at him.
 
A split second later, Kanda slashed through the Noah's skin, only to have the wound close up.
 
Skinn then unleashed his power again, forcing Kanda to dodge every attack.
 
“Never forgive. Never forgive. Never forgive, never forgive, never forgive, never forgive, never forgive. Never forgive. Never forgive!” Skinn chanted as he approached the swordsman.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
In Road's room…
 
“And God said, `Go your ways, and pour out the vitals of the wrath of God upon the earth. And the first poured out his vital; and a grievous sore fell upon them which had the mark of the beast, and upon them who worshipped his image.” Road quoted. “And the sea became as the blood of a dead man, and every living soul died in the sea. And the third and fourth poured out their vitals; and the rivers and fountains became blood, and men were scotched with great heat. And the fifth poured his vital upon the seal of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness, and they gnawed their tongues in pain and blasphemed God because of their pain. And the sixth poured his vital upon the great river, and it died up and unclean spirits come out of the mouth of the dragon, and of the beast, and of the false prophet. And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with fight…
 
“Never forgive. Never forgive Exorcists!” Skinn recited as he approached his opponent.
 
Never forgive!” he let out a cry, unleashing his strongest attack yet.
 
“Lightning!” he unleashed a ring of thunder from his mouth when Kanda was within range.
 
“Lightning!” he fired two series of thunder rings at the swordsman on the ground.
 
“Over here.” Kanda remarked, appearing behind the Noah.
 
“Eight Flowers Praying Mantis!” he unleashed his attack point-blank.
 
“That hurt.” Skinn noted, getting up and cracking his neck. “You're pretty quick. Much faster than me.”
 
He's still able to stand?” Kanda wondered. And after taking a direct hit too. It's not that it's not effective, but that the Second Illusion's not strong enough to bring him down. He's much stronger than an Akuma. What is this guy? This is a Noah? Whatever. It means nothing.
 
A sudden earthquake shook the swordsman out of his musing.
 
Another earthquake? Kanda noted. This place doesn't have much time left. She' s going to kill me for this.
 
“Second Illusion: Sublimate!” he powered up.
 
From here on, katana, take my life force and give me power. He mused. Forgive me, Nymph.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Flashback
 
You know, Kanda, your life has a limit.” Koumi told the recovering swordsman after a mission. “You mustn't misjudge how much of it you have.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back in the fight…
 
“Take my life and rise!” Kanda chanted, releasing his forbidden attack. “Taboo Three Illusions!”
 
“Hey, hey! Slow down a sec! You're trying to end this already?” Skinn inquired at the sudden surge if power.
 
“I never said I'd take the time to enjoy my fight with you.” Kanda snorted. “If that's what you want, you can take as long as you need in the afterlife.”
 
“The afterlife huh?” Skinn echoed. “If I'm going there, you'll probably be coming with me. You've noticed it, haven't you, Exorcist? Your hand. Though right now it's probably only a small burn. I am the Noah who governs wrath, Skinn Bolic! My body houses energy measuring millions of volts! Do you get it? When you cut this body of mine with your katana, all the energy stored within me flows directly into you! You got that? Humans that incur the wrath of God will be reduced to nothing but ash!”
 
“I've said it once before…” Kanda raised his weapon. “I will live.”
 
At that, the two clashed again.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back in the stone pillar…
 
Athena's eyes snapped open when she realized that Kanda had unsealed his forbidden attack.
 
“Yuu…” she wept, sinking to her knees, not really caring that the water had risen to her hips. “How could you… you… you promised…”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with the fight…
 
Skinn was stunned that Kanda was swifter than before.
 
This human… the Noah noted, as Kanda sliced through him twice, before continuing his assault. He's even faster than before. My eyes can only see a blur. However!
 
With a cry, Skinn unleashed another jolt of lightning. The more you cut me, the more you defend against my power, the closer you come to defeat. You'll lose. You'll be killed by me.
 
“I'll be careful if I were you.” Kanda advised the laughing Noah. “With all the openings you're leaving, I just might take your head off.”
 
“No way…” Skinn gasped, collapsing on his knees as his blood started gushing from his newly made wounds. “What in the… when did you have the time to cut me so much? However, Exorcist, after cutting me this much and having so much contact with me…”
 
“As I thought.” The Noah added, noticing Kanda's wince. “Your hands are about to quit on you, huh?”
 
With the Taboo Three Illusion draining my life, my recovery ability's somewhat reduced. Kanda noted. But to finish him, this is…
 
“More than enough.” Skinn commented. “Lasting this long is more than enough. That time has come!”
 
Kanda then let out a cry as the Noah's chains were embedded within his body.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Meanwhile, the stone pillar, Athena was mirroring Kanda's every injury and experiencing the same pain he was sensing.
 
Damnit Peacock… she thought. Have you forgotten what giving me a Bond Ring entails?
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with the fight…
 
“You are naïve, Exorcist.” Skinn mocked as his chains skewered the swordsman.
 
“Naïve guys are sweet.” He added, recalling his chains. “I love `em!”
 
“Lightning!” he called out, pulling the Exorcist towards him and sending him crashing into a stone slab. “Like I told you, when you cut me and block my attacks, you enable my weapons to transfer my energy straight to you. These chains are that very energy I have placed within you. How's it feel to be attacked and pierced from the inside out?”
 
“Divine Punishment!” he cried, pulling the swordsman out of the debris and passing his energy into him. “What's the matter? You dead already?”
 
“What?” he frowned when Kanda moved, the tattoo on his chest activating. “He's still alive?”
 
“I won't die.” Kanda told him. “I cannot die. Pain the ass chains. Prepare yourself! I'm gonna kick your sorry ass!”
 
“Useless!” Skinn mocked as the swordsman tried to cut through the chains. “It's impossible to cut those chains.”
 
That said, he tossed Kanda towards another stone slab.
 
“You're finished!” he declared. “You may be faster than me, but I'm leagues ahead of you in strength. In this situation, you haven't a chance in hell. Furthermore, swordsmen must face their attackers! While you're being swung by my chains, you can't position your attack. Your katana's nothing but a stick! It's over, Exorcist. You're through! Now then, may you die, consumed by fear and suffering. May that countenance of fear quell my fury!”
 
This guy… the Noah stopped in his tracks, seeing Kanda's determined stare. He still has those eyes? Doesn't he fear death?
 
“Don't you fear death?” he hollered.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Flashback
 
Aren't you afraid to die?” Koumi asked.
 
“I won't die. My wounds have already healed.” Kanda replied, dressing.
 
“They're healing slower than before.” Koumi pointed out. “Even with her healing power.
 
“As long as they still do, there's no problem.” Kanda replied.
 
“But here will come a time when they won't.” Koumi protested. “In other words, Kanda, your clock has started ticking. You cannot misjudge it… the strength of your life force.
 
A silent gasp was heard outside the infirmary but was loud enough to be heard by the two occupants.
 
Koumi turned, flinging the door open, only to see a flash of silvery blue disappear around the corner.
 
Don't tell me…” Kanda's eyes widened as he followed Koumi's example.
 
“She was there.” Koumi replied. “And she heard.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“I won't die.” Kanda hissed determinedly.
 
“Ridiculous! That's impossible!” Skinn exclaimed.
 
His next sentence was cut short when the room started breaking down.
 
Is it this room's turn now? Kanda wondered.
 
“So it's happening?” Skinn realized.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
In Road's room…
 
“The room's started to collapse.” Road told her companion.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
With the rest of the group…
 
“So strong!” Lenalee gasped as she supported herself with a nearby pillar as the earthquake shook.
 
“Another room is falling apart!” Allen remarked.
 
Kanda… Lenalee wondered worriedly.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with the fight…
 
This room has begun to collapse. Kanda realized. I need to hurry this up.
 
“The entrance has disappeared huh?” Skinn noted as the surrounding buildings started sinking to the ground. “The only way out now, is through the exit. I wonder which of us will walk outta here, Exorcist.”
 
“You have trouble remembering?” Kanda reminded. “My name is Kanda, you lightning bastard.”
 
I will be the one to live. He decided, his tattoo activating.
 
“So naïve!” Skinn mocked, summoning nine of his thunder rings to attack the swordsman.
 
With the chains restraining him, Kanda could not dodge the attack as the rings converged on him.
 
Pulling his chains, Skinn tossed his victim onto the ground.
 
“I'm not done yet!” the Noah added. “Divine Punishment!”
 
“Have some more!” he cried, sending some more lightning streams of the defenseless swordsman.
 
I… Kanda's eyes snapped open.
 
“More, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more!” Skinn chanted, sending more his power to the fallen Kanda.
 
I won't die. Kanda pondered, a vision of his lotus appearing in his mind, a petal falling off. There's no way I'll die. That person…
 
“Lightning! Lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning. Lightning!” Skinn summoning more of his energy and sending it towards the swordsman.
 
“Hey…” he called to the bare-chested Kanda. “You about ready to die yet?”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Outside, Miranda gasped.
 
“What's wrong?” Bookman asked.
 
“No… it's nothing.” The Timekeeper replied.
 
“It couldn't be… has something perhaps happened to those in the Ark?” Bookman inquired.
 
“They're fine.” Miranda assured him. “Everyone in the Ark's `time' is still inside my Innocence. If one of them were to disappear, I would definitely know. They're fine. Everyone's still fine.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with the fight…
 
Kanda's tattoo had activated itself.
 
I… the swordsman choked in Skinn's grip on his throat. I… I…
 
“How many time do I have to kill you before you die?” Skinn demanded, seeing that Kanda was still alive. “Shall I take your head then?”
 
Just then, Kanda thrust his blade into the Noah's body.
 
“What's this now?” Skinn inquired.
 
“I've been waiting for this chance!” Kanda told him, slicing his sword through the Noah.
 
“Die! Die!” the Noah cursed.
 
With a rare cry, Kanda sliced through the Noah.
 
Releasing his grip on the Exorcist, Skinn collapsed to the ground in a pool of his blood.
 
“My body's being destroyed by that Innocence-using bastard.” the Noah gasped, his armor breaking off. “You took my energy until your own weapon melted? But now… your Innocence has been rendered unusable…”
 
“'Noah are immortal'?” Kanda quoted. “Who came up with that bullshit? Humans will all die, as long as they remain human.”
 
As Skinn's chains melted away, Kanda strained to get to the exit as the room collapsed around him.
 
“Noah are immortal.” Skinn gasped out as he kneeled on the snowing ground.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
SailorStar9: If you guys think Kanda's fight is over, think again. Skinn gets up in the next episode, more furious and vicious than ever. Until then, read and review.