Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ Noah’s Memory ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 31 goes up. This is Chapter 32. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own both the animes. However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 32: Noah's Memory
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Shit.” Kanda let out a curse as he sank onto the snow-covered ground. “My left hand has gone numb. My knees too. Is it because I used my life force for so long in that fight that my recovery can't catch up?”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Flashback
 
You cannot misjudge it…” Koumi warned. “The strength of your life force.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
This is no time to lose consciousness! Kanda told himself.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Flashback
 
“Right! I'm staying too, Kanda!” Allen raised his hand.
 
“Kanda! Be sure to catch up to us, all right?” Lenalee told him. “Promise me! And for Ami-nee's sake!”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Che! the swordsman snorted as he pulled himself up with his battered sword. Seems like I'm remembering some lame crap… no way am I going to die in a place like this!
 
“You were always the stubborn one, Peacock. Ever since I met you.” Athena joked, as she materialized in front of her war-beaten lover.
 
Kanda's eyes widened at her overwhelming yet gentle Cosmo that radiated around her, allowing himself to fall into her awaiting arms.
 
“Idiotic Peacock.” The Goddess muttered. Softly pressing her lips on his neck, a soft golden flare encased the couple as she passed her healing Cosmo to him, his tattoo bursting into a white light as the Goddess' Cosmo took over the healing process his tattoo was supposed to take.
 
“That's all I can do for now.” she told him.
 
The Goddess was immediately silenced by a deep kiss from the healing swordsman.
 
“Why?” Kanda asked.
 
“I felt you.” Athena told him. “You needed me.”
 
“How?” Kanda demanded.
 
“The Bond Ring.” Athena replied. “Do you even know what it means when you gave it to me?”
 
Kanda's eyes widened at the implication.
 
“We're Bonded, Peacock.” Athena reminded him. “Not only physically and spiritually, emotionally as well. I feel what you feel. Being Bonded literally means being linked to one another in every way. At times, it'll even allow you to feel the emotions I feel. Even physical sensations are passed at times. That's because the bond entwines our souls together. One can't survive without the other anymore. If one of us goes, the other will instantly follow. In other words, genius, if you die, so will I.”
 
“You passed your pain to me, without knowing it.” She told him. “I knew you needed me.”
 
“My time here grows short.” She added quickly. “Hurry, and finish this fight; Skinn isn't dead.”
 
“And you better not die on me, Peacock.” She reminded him before disappearing altogether.
 
Kanda pondered her words of awhile. So, if one of them dies the other will, too. The concept was a bit scary, but he also felt relieved that he would never experience living a life without his Nymph. If that ever happens, it would be like his very being had died with her anyway.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
In Road's room…
 
“And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved his heart.” Road recited. “And the Lord said, `I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls in the air…”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Never forgive.” Skinn muttered, black tears running down from his eyes. “Never forgive the Innocence.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back in Road's room…
 
“… for it repenteth me that I have made them.” Road continued her recitation.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Flashback to three years ago in New Orleans, America.
 
“Noah?” the head priest echoed. “By Noah, could you possibly be referring to the Noah in the Old Testament? Um…
 
Skinn Bolic.” The then human Skinn supplied. “I work down by the docks.
 
“Ah, please to meet you. I'm…” the Father greeted.
 
“I know.” Skinn cut in. “You're the priest here, right?”
 
“Yeah.” The Father replied. “So, what was it you want to find out about Noah?
 
“Weird stuff's been happening to my body lately.” Skinn replied. “Blood's coming from my head.”
 
“Blood?” the Father echoed. “That's probably something a doctor could help with more than I.”
 
“I have no money.” Skinn revealed. “It's fine. Please, just take a look at it.
 
“Even if I look at it, I still…” the Father shook his head.
 
“That's…” he gasped when Skinn pulled down his bandages to reveal his Noah markings. “Stigmata!
 
“What's wrong?” he asked as Skinn knelt on the floor in pain. “In any case, please come inside. Someone give me a hand with him!
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“When I first awakened as a Noah, I was only 25 years old. It was a cold autumn day.” Skinn reminisced.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Flashback
 
“Father, it's started again!” one of the nuns gasped.
 
“Hang on. Hand in there!” the Father pleaded with the screaming and writhing Skinn.
 
“It hurts!” Skinn cried. “My entire body hurts! Someone! Someone please save me! Anyone!
 
“Fetch painkillers and water.” The Father instructed.
 
“Yes!” the two nuns replied and hurried off as the Father restrained Skinn.
 
“Come on now! You've got to hang in there!” the Father told his patient.
 
“The pain!” Skinn wailed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
In Road's room…
 
“And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast and of every creeping thing that creepth upon the earth, and every man: all in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.” Road continued her recital.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Every time the suffering ceased, a cold and dark nightmare of the end consumed me.” Skinn recollected. “I could feel the existence of something else within me.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
In Road's room…
 
The eldest Noah continued, “And all those who breathed in the power of life… in other words, all those on the dry earth, died. And like this, from the face of the earth, from man, to the animals, to the moving beings and even to those who soared through the heavens, were all stripped from the land by God.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Flashback
 
“Never forgive him.” Skinn chanted, biting his fingernails. “Never forgive him. Never forgive him. Never forgive. Never forgive. Never forgive. Never forgive him. Never forgive him. Never forgive.
 
“Poor thing. You can't sleep, can you?” the Earl of Millennium appeared before him.
 
“And Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the Ark.” Road recited from the bible. “Noah's fury is still strong, even after 7000 years.”
 
“You shouldn't eat your fingers.” She told .he newly revealed Noah, waging a piece of sweet in front of him.” Try eating candy. It's sweet.
 
Skinn reached out and popped the sweet into his mouth.
 
“See, it's sweet, isn't it?” Road asked.
 
“Skinn Bolic, you were born as one of God's chosen, the Noah.” The Earl of Millennium told him. You carry within you Noah's genes. Within you right now exists both the fury and suffering of the true event of 7000 years ago. It memory is engraved upon your genes. Skinn, that memory you have is hatred.
 
“Hatred?” Skinn echoed.
 
“That's right.” The Earl of Millennium replied. “Your awakening is complete. You can see this world's true form now, can't you?
 
“There, there.” Road soothed the weeping Noah.
 
“Oh, you're able to move about today?” the Father asked the awakened Noah the next day as he washed his face. “I'll prepare your breakfast. This must be the first time in a while. Are you able to eat?”
 
“Hey.” Skinn spoke. “Today, I'm going home. Eliminate any humans from the dockyard or church who know me by tomorrow.”
 
“Understood, Master Noah.” The newly reveal Akuma replied.
 
“Never forgive him.” Skinn decided. “Never forgive him. Never forgive him. Never forgive! Never forgive! Never forgive… him… him… him… never forgive him! Never forgive him! Never forgive him. Never forgive God! Don't you ever forgive him! Don't forgive him! Don't you ever forgive him! Never, ever forgive him!
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Never forgive the Innocence.” Skinn was back in the present. “Never forgive the Exorcists!
 
You've gotta be shitting me Kanda hissed, turning back when he saw the streams of lightning coming down from the sky, reviving the Noah. I hate it when she's right.
 
“Never forgive him. Never forgive him!” Skinn chanted as he stood up.
 
“That guy's still…” Kanda realized in horror.
 
“Never forgive him! Never forgive him!” Skinn screamed, powering up an immense energy ball.
 
Damnit Kanda wondered. I'm losing consciousness again. I've got to endure just a bit longer!
 
“Never forgive!” Skinn repeated. “Never forgive. Never, ever…”
 
“Forgive!” he called out, firing his large energy beam as Kanda drew his sword.
 
Running forward, he skidded to a stop, dodging the energy blast.
 
“Mugen, activate!” he called forth his Innocence.
 
“Damn!” he hissed, when he realized his strike had no effect on the enraged Noah. “Just die!”
 
With a war cry, he leapt, striking the Noah, only to be repelled by Skinn's armor again.
 
“Noah are immortal.” The Noah informed him.
 
Why is this happening? Kanda wondered. This guy's in no condition to be fighting.
 
“Never forgive.” Skinn chanted. “Never forgive. Never forgive. Never forgive. Never forgive. Never forgive. Never forgive. Never forgive.”
 
Has he already lost consciousness? Kanda pondered. Is it just the Noah's hatred controlling his body? That son of a bitch! He's gonna let loose a huge one!
 
“I cut my opponent too much.” He noted, looking at his crackling blade. “Am I at my limit too? At this rate, if I take his attack…”
 
“Never forgive.” Skinn recited. “Never forgive! Never forgive!”
 
“Behind me's the…” Kanda snorted. “Mugen!”
 
“Can you hold on?” he asked his weapon. “Two Illusion Blades!”
 
“Never forgive.” Skinn continued his chant. “Never forgive. Never forgive. Never forgive the Exorcists!”
 
With a scream, the Noah fired his attack.
 
If I dodge it, the exit is history. Kanda realized. Please endure it Mugen! Taboo Three Illusions!
 
“Draw on my life and rise, Mugen!” he called out, raising his twin blades as he powered up.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
In the stone pillar, Athena was praying when she sensed Kanda had unleashed his forbidden attack… again.
 
Yuu… Guess he never changes. The Goddess mused.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Using his powered-up blades, Kanda defended himself, as the aftershock of Skinn's energy attack tore the place apart.
 
“Hang on, Mugen!” he pleaded.
 
His power is increasing! He realized, still taking on the attack. Where is this power coming from?
 
“Never forgive.” Skinn muttered. “Never forgive. Never forgive the Innocence.”
 
“This is the Noah's hatred?” Kanda wondered.
 
“Never forgive!” Skinn's grin widened. “Noah are immortal! The one who will die is you!”
 
I won't die. Kanda's eyes widened at the sudden surge in power from the Noah. Until I can tell that person, I'll…
 
The swordsman stood stunned when his blades shattered under the powerful assault, a strong beam of light encasing the two combatants after a while.
 
“I did it.” Skinn grinned after the light died down, Kanda now hanging on a blackened ledge. “I did it. I did it. I did it. I did it. I destroyed his Innocence.”
 
“I destroyed it!” the Noah laughed.
 
“A light under my feet? What is this?” he blinked, noticing a stream of blue light traveling under his feet. “No… this is no ordinary light.”
 
“Consume.” Kanda mumbled, as Athena's golden Cosmo encased him in its warmth. “Mugen.”
 
At that, the blue light streaked out, connecting to the broken pieces of the sword.
 
“What…” the Noah gasped. “The light! The light's reconnecting the broken Innocence sword fragments!”
 
“My life-draining Taboo Three Illusions.” Kanda replied. “My katana won't die so easily!”
 
Skinn gasped as the Mugen reconstructed itself.
 
With his weapon complete, Kanda let out a war cry, giving the Noah one last slash, head first.
 
“With this…” the victorious swordsman added. “It's truly over.”
 
“You still don't get it.” Skinn smirked. “I've told you, the Noah are immortal! This isn't anywhere near finished! Exorcist, why? Why won't you die?”
 
“I've already told you.” Kanda replied.
 
“This…” Skinn blinked as Athena's image appeared behind the drained swordsman. “What is this warm, forgiving and gentle aura?”
 
“I get it!” Skinn realized. “You're… you're…"
 
“Shut your damn mouth. You're done.” Kanda retorted as Skinn melted into dust.
 
“I'm gonna have to apologize to that punk Koumi.” He snorted.
 
A vision of his lotus appeared in his mind again, this time Ami was before the hourglass.
 
Kanda's eyes widened when he saw her remove her Innocence orb, the icy white light bursting from the crystal as the former ice wielder wincing, a silent cry wrenching from her throat. When the light died down, Kanda could see a light blue line connecting the then ice wielder's chest to the lotus.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
When you love a person, you'll do anything for him.” Ami had told him. “Even if it meant giving up your life.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Damn that girl!” Kanda hissed, realizing what she had done. “She didn't have to link her life thread to the lotus!”
 
 
“Be sure to catch up to us, all right?” Lenalee's last sentence rang in his mind.
 
I… I… the swordsman pondered as memories of the group came to his mind.
 
“I can still…” he muttered, sinking back to his knees again as the room crumbled around him.
 
“They're gonna be pissed at me.” He snorted, letting out a somewhat evil grin.
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with the rest of the group…
 
“That's….” Allen gasped.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Outside…
 
Miranda let out a startled gasp.
 
“Someone's time has…” she realized. “Someone's time has disappeared!”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
SailorStar9: If you think Kanda's dead, think again; as if the animators would let him die. Next chapter, Allen's group takes on the Jasdero and David twins. In the mean time, read and review.